Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan (29856 Views)

Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister / Nigerians React To APC Disqualification Of Adebayo Shittu / Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by 360frolic(m): 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nigeria's Minister of Communications, Barrister Adebayo Shittu has reaffirmed his desire to contest for the governor of Oyo state at the next elections. Shittu, while featuring on a TV programme explained that he is more of an Ibadan man though he hails from Saki ‎area of Oke-ogun of Oyo State.

According to him, ‎”to be asked to agitate to become governor just because I am from Oke-ogun will be demeaning to my personality. I see myself as an Oyo State person. Two of my wives are from Ibadan and I have also lived consistently in Ibadan since 1979. I have done my politics, profession, social life here. In fact, most of my children are ‘half Ibadan’ and ‘half Saki’.”

Shittu said the votes from Oke-ogun, where he hails, delivered victory for Governor Abiola Ajimobi, adding that the governor acknowledged the fact when he came on a thank-you tour.

“From the record of the 2015 election, the people of Ibadan didn’t vote for our party largely, it is people from my zone- Oke-ogun zone who voted for the governor which translated to his victory, because the people of Ibadan, in their own wisdom, chose to vote for Sen. Rashidi Ladoja. Of the 10 local government areas in Oke-ogun, it was only in Oorelope LG where APC didn’t win. In the remaining 9 LGs, we defeated all other parties. Iseyin LG came with the highest votes, followed by my own Saki West. And in acknowledgement of the fact that the votes of the people of Oke-ogun brought about his victory, the governor said that after him, it will be the turn of Oke-ogun to produce the governor. He said that affirmatively. That is on record.

“Secondly, as a person, I want to win on the basis of merit because I know there is no standard or criteria which will put down that I am not qualified to be a frontline there. I can easily tell you; there is no political office holder in Oyo State today who is my senior in politics. I have consistently being in active politics since 1979. With due respect to many others who are in political offices, there is none of them who came into politics 10 years after I started. And that should show you that in my own little right, I am a senior.”

SOURCE: http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/04/i-want-to-be-oyo-governor-because-two.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by Intrepid01(m): 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lol...Barrister shittu

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by Godprotectigbo5(f): 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
so this one na minister tooo

some ministry dey dormant for this country ooooo

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by Akwasi(m): 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
When you think you have heard it all.

Our leaders are embarrassment to us

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by skarz: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
Intrepid01:
Lol...Barrister shittu
I was so close

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by MoreWahala: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by ekems2017(f): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
You don't want to be a governor cos you want to help your people but because your two wives are from Ibadan. Good ideology.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by Dannieln1: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
ekems2017:
cry
MoreWahala:
grin
Akwasi:
F
Intrepid01:
Lol...
Godprotectigbo5:
ooooo

Leaders of tmrw booking space today

Can't this people leave the younger generation come 2019
2019 is the year of all credible youth in this nation
POWER must change hand

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
Barrister Adebayo Shittu ..
Barrister Adebayo Shittu
Barrister Adebayo Shittu

How many times have i called you ?

Anyway, EFCC should keep an eye on this guy's ministry sha grin

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by engrfcuksmtin(m): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
To take Oyo State 10 steps backward?

12 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by Tazdroid(m): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
Na so
Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by abumeinben(m): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
Biabia minister...

Just like he wanted to increase data prices, na so E go pass Oyo bill say make dem increase bride price of city girls so that village girls can marry city boy grin

7 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by amwen53: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
which kind beard be this

4 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by Tazdroid(m): 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:
so this one na minister tooo

some ministry dey dormant for this country ooooo
abi na u dey dormant undecided ... Where u dey when the Ministry dey pressure MTN to pay billions of naira in heavy fines

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by TippyTop(m): 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
How this Boko Haram spokesman became minister is beyond me.
Why not become governor of Sambisa?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by kayabd(m): 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
make I just dey look

me self dey contest cos my 5 girlfriends are from ibadan

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by Zenithpeak(m): 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
Senseless

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by ishowdotgmail(m): 1:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Governor my yansh

This man stingy walai, bought news paper around his area in Ibadan(Aare, Oluyole estate). The vendor no con get #50 change for Barr. Shittu. This man para collect hin #200 comot for the guy front oo

And that time recession nva too come tongue

Modified:

But wait: is it my business sef

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by obembet(f): 1:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
_Woooooooooooooow!_
_My dad just called me to inform me about my distant cousin Efechukwu(Efe) from my mothers side. I always knew it

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by rozayx5(m): 1:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
undecided

see people who surround a president

and you expect progress

Nigeria is a mistake by the Brits

SMH

13 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by Tazdroid(m): 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
amwen53:
which kind beard be this
goatee grin grin
Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by positivelord: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Trash

5 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by JegaQuin: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
I will support him and campaign on his behalf!

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by TheSPEAKER(m): 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
undecidedSee why Nigeria is not prospering? Look the intension of public officers for wanting to go into public offices. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by K2nice(m): 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Bar. Shittu
Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by ednut1(m): 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
how this man take become minister?

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
"Now THAT's our in-law!"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos LG Election: Protest Over Ballot Papers Found In Bus At Agege / Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. / Photos From Rotimi Amaechi's 53rd Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.