Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' (14321 Views)

Woman Beheaded in bornu / Ramadan: 20 Arrested For Refusing To Fast In Kano / Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by webaplanet(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2012
HERAT, Afghanistan: Afghan police have arrested four people who allegedly tried to force a woman into prostitution in western Afghanistan and beheaded her when she refused, officials said Wednesday.

Mah Gul, 20, was beheaded after her mother-in-law attempted to make her sleep with a man in her house in Herat province last week, provincial police chief Abdul Ghafar Sayedzada told AFP.

"We have arrested her mother-in-law, father-in-law, her husband and the man who killed her," he said.

Gul was married to her husband four months ago and her mother-in-law had tried to force her into prostitution several times in the past, Sayedzada said.

The suspect, Najibullah, was paraded by police at a press conference where he said the mother-in-law lured him into killing Gul by telling him that she was a prostitute.

"It was around 2:00 am when Gul's husband left for his bakery. I came down and with the help of her mother-in-law killed her with a knife," he said.

The murder comes against a backdrop of a world outcry over the shooting by Taliban Islamists of a 14-year-old Pakistani girl, Malala Yousafzai, who had become a voice against the suppression of women's rights.

While Yousafzai's case has made world headlines, people using social media in Afghanistan have made the point that oppression and violence against women are commonplace in Afghanistan.

Abdul Qader Rahimi, the regional director of the government-backed human rights commission in western Afghanistan, said violence against women had dramatically increased in the region recently.

"There is no doubt violence against women has increased. So far this year we have registered 100 cases of violence against women in the western region," he said, adding that many cases go unreported.

"But at least in Gul's case, we are glad the murderer has been arrested and brought to justice," he said.

Last year, in a case that made international headlines, police rescued a teenage girl, Sahar Gul, who was beaten and locked up in a toilet for five months after she defied her in-laws who tried to force her into prostitution.

- AFP/fa
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/1231916/1/.html

for more odd news click here http://
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 21, 2012
Shocking what goes on in some of "these" countries. Makes you wonder if "sane" humans still live there.

Okay people, We already know but. . . let's not bring religion into this before a fight starts. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 21, 2012
now that is what i called martyrdom. may her soul rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by khalids: 11:13am On Oct 21, 2012
HQ: Shocking what goes on in some of "these" countries. Makes you wonder if "sane" humans still live there.

Okay people, We already know but. . . let's not bring religion into this before a fight starts. undecided

Is Nigeria any better.......

2 Likes

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by Youngzedd(m): 11:15am On Oct 21, 2012
What an evil act.

May her soul RIP.

We are living in a crazy world by the late Lucky Dube.
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 21, 2012
Till the day Islam will have respect for women and not regard them as second class citizens,then I will start respecting the religion.

6 Likes

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by gbadexy(m): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2012
Inlaws forcing girls into prostitution!
I think it is rampant in afghanistan going by this report.
And to think they have extremists killing people all over on high moral ground.
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by 222Martins(m): 11:46am On Oct 21, 2012
And where are those that claim Nigeria is not blessed. I mean those looking for any slight opportunity to say damaging things about Nigeria. I have a one way ticket for you to either Afganistan or Pakistan. Choose now?
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by tintingz(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2012
berem: Till the day Islam will have respect for women and not regard them as second class citizens,then I will start respecting the religion.
must you involve Islam on anything arabs. . .do christians have respect for women generaly? Or leme say Nigerians? Read the op reports and stop posting ignorantly tongue

3 Likes

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by 222Martins(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2012
berem: Till the day Islam will have respect for women and not regard them as second class citizens,then I will start respecting the religion.
That day will only come in your dreams.

1 Like

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by samally: 11:58am On Oct 21, 2012
Ops.....I thought you muslim look those countrie as MENTOR and they are trying to do justices on there own to avoid GOD wrath........
What a silly act.

2 Likes

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by Raxxye(m): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
This is insane!
Come to think of it: it‘s the inlaws that are encouraging and perpetrating the bestial acts! I thought Nigeria is about the hottest part of hell, but I‘ve already been proven wrong!
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by disloman(m): 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
dat one na d true talk.
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by bknight: 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2012
Away from religion,

Crimes against womanhood: Her mother-in-law (a woman) tried to force her into prostitutiion?! shocked and subsequently lured d killer to connive in d murder.

So even women don't respect women's rights. Smh!
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by olapluto(m): 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
very gullible you! Read and re-read the article. Where in it does it say Islam/Muslims? Now let me open your eye to how you are being manipulated. Prostitution is not allowed in Islam. Forced prostitution is frowned against even more. But I suspect that once you saw 'Afghan girl' and the word 'beheaded', you assumed Islam. And the writer knows that his target are people like you, so in a mid paragraph, he brings in the Taliban and uses the word 'Islamic Taliban'. You have been well and trully wrapped up by the writer.
Now un-wrap yourself, reread the article and make a better judgement of it.

10 Likes

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by Oluwateledemi: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
Wonders will never end sha
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by disloman(m): 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
ola_pluto:
very gullible you! Read and re-read the article. Where in it does it say Islam/Muslims? Now let me open your eye to how you are being manipulated. Prostitution is not allowed in Islam. Forced prostitution is frowned against even more. But I suspect that once you saw 'Afghan girl' and the word 'beheaded', you assumed Islam. And the writer knows that his target are people like you, so in a mid paragraph, he brings in the Taliban and uses the word 'Islamic Taliban'. You have been well and trully wrapped up by the writer.
afghan na christian country abi?Guy,wake up frm ur slumber.na that dem dey call sharia law in action

4 Likes

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by Hadeyur(f): 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
I hope dey will
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by tevinsolt: 12:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
do not be quick to judgement.....they are probably non real muslims, many just identiy with islam because it is forced on them........oh forget it lipsrsealed they brought upon themselves
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by hollandis(f): 12:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
See what bush caused ,may God punish him and his family and every single American that supportd the fight against Afghanistan

1 Like

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by olapluto(m): 12:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
disloman: afghan na christian country abi?Guy,wake up frm ur slumber.na that dem dey call sharia law in action
Afghanistan is a Muslim country as you claim. That's why the perpetrators were arrested. Oya think deeper. Islam does not support this, and these guys can expect death sentence or something similar. Islam should be praised here for protecting the girl's right even in death.

1 Like

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by packman: 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
ola_pluto:
its vry simple am nt speakin of religiön bt go make ur reaserch dey wer MUSLIMS....bt am nt judgin d religion cos weda MUSLIMS OR CHRISTAIN we al av a concience... and d men dat carried out dis wicked act re jst natural wickd jst lyk d sucide bombers and d ALUU COMMUnITY . Pls lets judge wisely nd LIV RELIGION OUT OF IT
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by brightchukwudi(m): 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
ola_pluto:
Afghanistan is a Muslim country as you claim. That's why the perpetrators were arrested. Oya think deeper. Islam does not support this, and these guys can expect death sentence or something similar. Islam should be praised here for protecting the girl's right even in death.

rubbish!!!!!!!!
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by packman: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
hollandis: See what bush caused ,may God punish him and his family and every single American that supportd the fight against Afghanistan
[size=20pt]WTF MAN U GAT ISSUE WIT ÚR SCORE U BETA WAKE UP
hollandis: See what bush caused ,may God punish him and his family and every single American that supportd the fight against Afghanistan
[/size]
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by Alaafialoro(m): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
There‘s no need bringing religion into this. People perpetrate evil irrespective of their religion. I guess this planet is now worse than it used to be or may be the world is coming to an end!
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by Goldenheart(m): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
wow
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by BetaThings: 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
disloman: afghan na christian country abi?Guy,wake up frm ur slumber.na that dem dey call sharia law in action

So when kidnappers took over Abia state (a predominantly christian state) about 2 years ago we should have blamed christinaity

1 Like

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by BetaThings: 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2012

Your views will be carry weight when they become respectable

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law."
1 Corinthians 14:34

webaplanet: HERAT, Afghanistan: Afghan police have arrested four people who allegedly tried to force a woman into prostitution in western Afghanistan and beheaded her when she refused, officials said Wednesday.

Mah Gul, 20, was beheaded after her mother-in-law attempted to make her sleep with a man in her house in Herat province last week, provincial police chief Abdul Ghafar Sayedzada told AFP.
Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by khalids: 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:
There‘s no need bringing religion into this. People perpetrate evil irrespective of their religion. I guess this planet is now worse than it used to be or may be the world is coming to an end!

I don't think the planet is worse than it used to be....The planet has always been this way, its just that we all now have easy access to so much information, so we hear about these things more often now......WE ARE IN THE INFORMATION AGE, AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO FIND OUT MORE AND MORE JUST HOW EVIL MAN CAN BE........

2 Likes

Re: Afghan Girl 'beheaded For Refusing Prostitution' by Born2beRich1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
He that liveth and killeth by the sword/knife will definately die by the sword/knife...These guys shuld learn to treat women with respect...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jumah Kareem, Jumah Mubarak. Haram? / Inno Mu’azu Is Dead - "Hajj Pilgrim" / Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.