Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Jumah Kareem, Jumah Mubarak. Haram? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Jumah Kareem, Jumah Mubarak. Haram? (14327 Views)

Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. / Jumah Kareem, Jumah Mubarak, Is It Haraam? / Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jumah Kareem, Jumah Mubarak. Haram? by AbuHanifa: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2011
This same topic was mistakingly posted on the child board. On realizing that I came back to put it on the intended place!

AbuHanifa:
Salam alaikum brothers and sisters. On my way to work this morning, I had a chat with a friend living in Abuja. At the end of the conversation, I greeted her Jumah Mubarak. She told me that was Bid'a. I told her I never paid any attention to such greetings but will make clarification from my brothers and sisters.

I told her I could be wrong by refuting her claims but told her that I would make consultation on this issue before I know where to stand. The evidence she gave goes thus:

What is the ruling on offering congratulations on Friday?
What is the ruling on offering congratulations on Friday, because now it is the custom in our country on Friday to send text messages and people congratulate one another on the occasion of Friday by saying “Jumu‘ah mubaarak” or “Jumu‘ah tayyibah.”.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

There is no doubt that Friday is an “Eid” or “festival” for the Muslims, as it says in the hadeeth narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “This is a day of ‘Eid that Allah has ordained for the Muslims, so whoever comes to Jumu‘ah, let him do ghusl, and if he has any perfume let him put some on, and you should use the miswaak.” Narrated by Ibn Maaj
1098; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said, describing the special virtues of Friday:

Thirteen: It is a day of ‘Eid that is repeated every week.

Zaad al-Ma‘aad, 1/369

Thus the Muslims have three Eids: Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, which come once every year, and Jumu‘ah which is repeated once every week.
Secondly:

With regard to the Muslims congratulating one another on the occasions of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, this is prescribed and it is narrated from the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them). This has been discussed previously in the answers to questions no. 49021 and 36442. As for congratulating one another on the occasion of Friday, what seems to us to be the case is that it is not prescribed, because the fact that Friday is an Eid was known to the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them), and they were more knowledgeable than us about its virtues, and they were keen to respect it and give it its due, but there is no report to suggest that they used to congratulate one another on Fridays. And all goodness is in following them (may Allah be pleased with them).
Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan (may Allah preserve him) was asked: What is the ruling on sending text messages every Friday and ending with the phrase “Jumu‘ah mubaarak”?

He replied:

The early generation did not congratulate one another on Fridays, so we should not introduce anything that they did not do.

End quote from Ajwabat As’ilah Majallat al-Da‘wah al-Islamiyyah.
A similar fatwa was issued by Shaykh Sulaymaan al-Maajid (may Allah preserve him), when he said:

We do not think it is prescribed to exchange congratulations on Fridays, such as saying to one another, “Jumu‘ah mubaarak” and so on, because it comes under the heading of du‘aa’s and dhikrs, which must be based on a text (of the Qur’aan or Sunnah) because this is purely the matter of worship and if it were good, the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and his Companions (may Allah be pleased with them) would have done it before us. If anyone suggests that this is permissible, then that may imply that it is prescribed to say du‘aa’s and congratulate one another after having done the five daily prayers and other acts of worship, and du‘aa’ at these times was not done by the early generations.

End quote from the Shaykh’s website (may Allah preserve him)

http://www.salmajed.com/ar/node/2601

If a Muslim prays for his brother on Friday with the intention of soften ,

Kindly send your objective opinion as that is the reason why it's thrown up in the forum.

Ma Salam
Re: Jumah Kareem, Jumah Mubarak. Haram? by Araboy(m): 1:10am On Jul 12, 2011
First language wise Jumah In Arabic Is féminine  word and the correct way is to say Jumuah Mubarakah Karimah or Tayyibah
As for congratulating your fellow Muslim is not Bidaah since Jumuah is a weekly célébration and in Islam
Giving Salam and congratulating your fellow Muslim is the Sunnah
Unfortunetly those Wahabi are infilitrating a lot Muslim mind to the effect of making them believe it either their way
or the highway and the ignorance of some Muslims to  some basic tenants of islam make them an easy target to accept those Baseless retrogade rigid views  and think every thing is bidaah (innovation) when it is not
Re: Jumah Kareem, Jumah Mubarak. Haram? by Helena22: 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
I couldn't agree more with you Araboy. well said.

(1) (Reply)

Inno Mu’azu Is Dead - "Hajj Pilgrim" / Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water / Some Mistakes Made By Those Who Fasts Ramadan And Perform Nightly Prayers 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.