Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! (2242 Views)

Does The Koran Really Encourage Faithful Moslems To Kill Christians? / Why Are Black Africans Moslems Considered Inferior By The Arabs Moslems / Why Are Yoruba Moslems Considered Inferior To Hausa Moslems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Theblessed(f): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2009
Everyone deserve the right to be treated like a human being. 

Muslim women are being treated better than animals in Afghanistan.  They are being denied education, forced into marriages they are not interested in, force to marry men and worse of all old men they are not in love with by their families and relatives.  Why?  Is marriage compulsory? As a result, these women are now commiting suicide everyday to escape such hostal and brutal treatment by their so called families.  The Holy Koran condemns this brutal behaviours - What are Moslems all over the world doing to stop these forced marriages and ill-treatment of women in such countries if they believe in the words of the Holy Koran?

Please don't give me excuses, I want facts.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 09, 2009
It has nothing to do with Israel so they arent bothered. If the jews were involved they'd be frothing in the mouth by now.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 09, 2009
davidylan:

It has nothing to do with Israel so they arent bothered. If the jews were involved they'd be frothing in the mouth by now.

christian hypocrites, where are your beliefs and values, akwa ibom child witches are being tormented - do something! oh, they aren't being tormented by muslims, so its alright. . .
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by mukina2: 11:43am On Feb 09, 2009
Its very sad when people tend to mix Islam with traditional Arabic practices.
what facts are you looking for?
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Lagosboy: 3:03pm On Feb 09, 2009
The earlie you people uderstand there is a difference between culture and religion the better.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by olabowale(m): 3:10pm On Feb 09, 2009
@TheBlessed: « on: Yesterday at 08:13:57 PM »  

Muslim women are being treated better than animals in Afghanistan.  

The normal and actually ideal condition is full treatments as human being, and no less. Unfortunately the males in every society try to subject the females, into clearly second class group of its citizenry. Unfortunately, it is not only in Afghanistan that you see these evil behavoirs. The beating and the hitting and the deprivations of women from the goodness of the society; education, etc. These men themselves are educated. It is unfortunate. But Islam is by no means the culprit. I know. I am a muslim. I know that any evil I do is not encouraged by Islam. And I can not find a source to justify it, from Qur'aan and or Hadith/Sunnah.

They are being denied education, forced into marriages they are not interested in, force to marry men and worse of all old men they are not in love with by their families and relatives.  Why?  Is marriage compulsory?

Marriage is compulsory in Islam. However the process it follows, is different from all the repressive methods you see , unfortunately, around as you have systematically outlined, above. Unfortunately, what you see is that many have mixed up their pre-Islamic culture with authentic Islamic culture. By the way the Arabs are guilty of this, too.

As a result, these women are now commiting suicide everyday to escape such hostal and brutal treatment by their so called families.  The Holy Koran condemns this brutal behaviours - What are Moslems all over the world doing to stop these forced marriages and ill-treatment of women in such countries if they believe in the words of the Holy Koran?

As you have rightly stated; Qur'aan condemns these evil acts. As I have stated above, the cultures of these societies are responsible for these misdeeds, and unIslamic behaviors, towards women. It is always surprising to me, even as a muslim when I see these things happening. Unfortunately, the muslims are not united, as a unit of people, with a single head person, a just man, a Kalifah.

Since the family heads are not even protecting their own, resorting, first into their Pre-Islamic culture, then the kalifah would have instituted "decrees" that the Injuctions of Qur'aan as expantiated on in the Ahadith of the prophet (AS), will carry the day, in all matter and marriage is a major issue in Islam. And so is education. And so is good behavior and noble treatment of everyone in the society.

It is not permissable for women to abandone their family name, even after marriage. Also, it is not a must that the wife cooks, cleans, etc for the husband. Women are given unfettered "honor!" She is not supposed to be forced to marry, any man. She is the sole person who should make her free will choice in marriage and hers, alone is the ownership of the "Dowry; whatever the agreed on with the husband."

So Ms. You do see that Islam is separate from Muslims. It is the muslims who have to elevate themselves to the injuctions of their Holy Books; Qur'aan being supported as in its explanations, the Hadith/Sunnah.

The fact of the matter is that Muslims have to search their collective conscience. They must ask themselves, if they are muslims or they want their ethnic and cultural innuances to be over Islamic guidelines. I think that at this moment, the muslims are suffering from theillnes of leaderless society.

Fortunately, there are individuals who try to practice Islam, as best as possible. majority of the American indigenes; blacks, whites and others, who do not carry their "ethnical cultures" into this noble way of life called Islam do. They take care of their family and next of kin and kilt. They protect their women and their youngs. I know many of these people.

My advise to myself, first and many and indeed all muslims is to be God conscious. Allah the All Knowing sees and knows all deeds. Fear Him, before you do evil.

1 Like

Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Riskie(f): 7:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
Theblessed:

Muslim women are being treated better than animals in Afghanistan. They are being denied education, forced into marriages they are not interested in, force to marry men and worse of all old men they are not in love with by their families and relatives. Why? Is marriage compulsory? As a result, these women are now committing suicide everyday to escape such hostal and brutal treatment by their so called families. The Holy Koran condemns this brutal behaviours - What are Moslems all over the world doing to stop these forced marriages and ill-treatment of women in such countries if they believe in the words of the Holy Koran?

1)No where is Qur'an does it say that women are to be denied an education. It is said that an ignorant woman will raise ignorant children, amongst these children are potential men. The Qur'an tells Muslims seek knowledge even if you have to go as far as China (China was perceived as being very far back then).

2)Yes, in Islam marriage is compulsory. In most religions it is. In religion in generally it is an institution that helps to avoid fornication and bastard children. In Islam a woman has the right to deny a suitor. If she doesn't like the man her parents suggested to her she can outrightly say 'no' and they are not supposed to punish her for it. Also in Islam there's no such thing as honor killing. Your not supposed to kill rape victims or a woman who refuses a suitor.

You are not acknowledging that while countries like Afghanistan, Iran and such are predominantly Muslim countries they also have their own culture. Many of these occurrences have cultural influences that have nothing to do with religion. Take for instance Pakistan. It is predominantly Muslim but there are Christians. These Christians also pick suitors for thier children and punish them for fornication and adultery in the same way their "Muslim" counterparts would because that is their culture.

In these countries many people both men and women are trying to reform systems that are affecting women and girls negatively. The problem is that the majority of people are too scared pf punishment to do anything at all. These cultures that are so old are hard to get rid off and will take time for sure. View it like one would view black magic in Africa. Most people know that it is BS but because of deep rooted cultural beliefs it it still being practiced but is gradually dying out.Rome wasn't built in a day.

Keep in mind that the media is nothing but the views of rich white people (mostly Jews). They show you what they want you to see, not the whole picture. This is not to deny that these things do happens but there is opposition and change will occur from there. When those changes are made trust that they will find something else to pick at.

By the way after living in the Mid East for 5 years the youngest married woman I came across was 16. That's about the age that the average young person starts their journey on serial fornication. Just sayin,

~~**Peace Love & Butterflies**~~

1 Like

Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by bawomolo(m): 4:07am On Feb 10, 2009
mukina2:

Its very sad when people tend to mix Islam with traditional Arabic practices.
what facts are you looking for?

but Islam and traditional Arabic culture are intertwined. did the hijab come from Greece?  The koran isn't exactly that progressive when it comes to gender equality.

Yes, in Islam marriage is compulsory. In most religions it is. In religion in generally [b]it is an institution that helps to avoid fornication [/b]and bastard children.

hey it's not fornication as long as the women am sleeping with are considered my wives.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Nobody: 4:46am On Feb 10, 2009
Riskie:

Keep in mind that the media is nothing but the views of rich white people (mostly Jews). They show you what they want you to see, not the whole picture. This is not to deny that these things do happens but there is opposition and change will occur from there. When those changes are made trust that they will find something else to pick at.

this ignorant souls cant help but continue to perpetuate the false claims that the media is controlled by the jews . . . how can 6 million people control the airwaves of 6 billion souls? So the jews control the arab media and the african media too?
So most rich white folks are jews? grin

The muslim has a one track mind - blame it all on the jew.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by bawomolo(m): 5:41am On Feb 10, 2009
Keep in mind that the media is nothing but the views of rich white people (mostly Jews)

oh my i didn't even notice this regularly circulated jargon. Can you please list the names of the Jews that run the media?
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Lagosboy: 11:27am On Feb 10, 2009
It is a fact that a sizebale amount of media is run by them. I am not saying they dont have the right as they used their money and are businessmen but denying this fact is simply falsehood. As for me I am not blaming the whole worlds problem on jews like someone stated here but as for the western media which emanates from two main english speaking countries UK and US. The whole world take international news in english from these 2 countries, these countries media especially the US in control of the jews no doubt. This in itself means no harm but when these media outlet propagtae zionism, and bias towards islam that is where the problem is.

In the UK:
Rupert Murduch - fox news, sky empire - sky news and so on, Times, sunday times, The sun newspapers UK
CNN - Bought/merged by Time-Warner which is headed by Gerald Levin a jew

If i list them in the US:

Gerald Levin, CEO and Director of AOL Time Warner

Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company

Edgar Bronfman, Sr., Chairman of Seagram Company Ltd

Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios

Sumner Redstone, Chairman and CEO of Viacom, Inc

Dennis Dammerman, Vice Chairman of General Electric

Peter Chernin, President and Co-COO of News Corporation Limited

Those seven Jewish men collectively control ABC, NBC, CBS, the Turner Broadcasting System, CNN, MTV, Universal Studios, MCA Records, Geffen Records, DGC Records, GRP Records, Rising Tide Records, Curb/Universal Records, and Interscope Records.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by mukina2: 12:24pm On Feb 10, 2009
bawomolo:

but Islam and traditional Arabic culture are intertwined. did the hijab come from Greece?  The koran isn't exactly that progressive when it comes to gender equality.

Thats a wrong thing to say.Men and Women are given equal rights in the Quran, Islam preaches  Equality
People misinterpret sharia wrongly and most times the Arabs  mix  Islam and their traditional practices. All races have their own practices,its not good to generalise,Its better to know first before you assume.
People need to know the difference between cultural Arabic practices and what the Quran says
Some verses from the Quran, there are lots of them, i just chose some .
[b]
Chapter 4, Verse 124.
" And whoever does righteous good deeds, male or female, and is a true believer in the Oneness of Allah (Muslim), such will enter Paradise and not the least injustice, even to the size of a Naqira (speck on the back of a date-stone), will be done to them.

Chapter 33, Verse 35
"Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allah in Islam) men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Islamic Monotheism), the men and the women who are obedient (to Allah), the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds), the men and the women who are patient (in performing all the duties which Allah has ordered and in abstaining from all that Allah has forbidden), the men and the women who are humble (before their Lord Allah), the men and the women who give Sadaqat (i.e. Zakat, and alms, etc.), the men and the women who observe Saum
(fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadan, and the optional Nawafil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allah much with their hearts and tongues (while sitting, standing, lying, etc. for more than 300 times extra over the remembrance of Allah during the five compulsory congregational prayers) or praying extra additional Nawafil prayers of night in the last part of night, etc.) Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).[/b]
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Lagosboy: 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2009
@Bamowolo

Talking of the hijab. The hijab as it is today was never an arab practise but it was islam that introduced it .

Frankly speaking have u seen a jewish rabbis wife with her hair opened?
Have u seen a catholic nun revealing her hair or head?
Have you seen A Mary without a scarve on.
Many churches of old you could not enter without your hair been covered.

These are the 3 abrahamic religion with something in common.

talking of gender equality and progressiveness - There is no faith that gives women as much right than Islam. Islamic cicvilisation had emancipated women long time at a time when europeans were still persecuting women, when women were treated like slaves and no say, when women could not vote etc.

There are many traditional practices that people indulge in and many think it is islam but that is wrong.

there are thousands of western women converting to Islam every year in the UK and US. If they didnt see the liberation Islam offered them the wouldnt.

Never see the islam of some arabs or asians as the pristine islam nothing could be further from the truth.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by olabowale(m): 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2009
@bawomolo: « #7 on: Today at 04:07:16 AM »

but Islam and traditional Arabic culture are intertwined. did the hijab come from Greece? The koran isn't exactly that progressive when it comes to gender equality.

Hijab was not an arab thing. But a muslim thing. During the formitive years of the Islam, in Makka and before Islam of Muhammad (AS), there was not Hijab wearing mandate or custom in the whole of Arab. Proof; the muslim women would not have been commanded to wear it, which by wearing it, they are "identified as muslims, so that they will not be molested." You see the arab men, in sexually agressive behavior used to cat call/whistle, at women, to get her attention. Arabs are still very sexually agressive, even today.

It was Umar Khattab, in Madina who raised the idea, because, he saw the evil of the overt sexuality of the men. And immediately Allah revealed to His Messenger (AS) the verses concerning it in Surah Azhab. The claim thereof as a "traditional Arab" thing to wear Hijab is false. Rather it is clearly Islamic, which the general arabic culture may try to assimilate themselves in. Let me give you an example in the traditional Western culture. I do know the west pretty good. The muslims, indeed the africans among us for the most part put on the garb/garments of the west, in our everyday living, even when we can afford to be ourselves, because of relative independence. We have muslims who even conc, or rastafy their hair, and shave their faces just that they may fit in. Rasta hair in yorubaland was frown on. Now, its almost acceptable to be that weird.

And gender equality was practiced for the first time on earth by the proclamation in injuctions from Qur'aan. Look at other religious texts and general cultures of all peoples before Muhammad's brand of Islam. The arabs used to bury their daughters and used to see their wives and women as mere properties. It was islam that put an end to both by forbidding killing of daughters and allowing inheritance, in agregates for sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, and father's share is even less than that of the mother.

Women got the same responsibility as men, including the matters of knowledge, etc. Look into all the religious texts. You will not see where any early scholar was a woman, except in Islam; all the surviving wives and followers of the prophet (as) were scholars. His wives were termed therefore as "mother's of believers" whereby one could behave as a son in front of them. " Mother is an elevated status.

[Quote]
hey it's not fornication as long as the women am sleeping with are considered my wives.
[/quote]

You are in "make belief" in your wifey thingy. This is not the same with Islam. A true muslim, male and female know the seriousness of husband and wife relation, as a contract before Allah, in the way of the Prophet (AS) have been instructed in Qur'aan, and humans have witnessed it. There is not "fornication" or "adultery" permissable. Those who indulge in either, do not know Islam or are deviants, at the time of their practicing it.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by javalove(m): 3:23pm On Feb 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

It is a fact that a sizebale amount of media is run by them. I am not saying they dont have the right as they used their money and are businessmen but denying this fact is simply falsehood. As for me I am not blaming the whole worlds problem on jews like someone stated here but as for the western media which emanates from two main english speaking countries UK and US. The whole world take international news in english from these 2 countries, these countries media especially the US in control of the jews no doubt. This in itself means no harm but when these media outlet propagtae zionism, and bias towards islam that is where the problem is.

In the UK:
Rupert Murduch - fox news, sky empire - sky news and so on, Times, sunday times, The sun newspapers UK
CNN - Bought/merged by Time-Warner which is headed by Gerald Levin a jew

If i list them in the US:

Edgar Bronfman, Sr., Chairman of Seagram Company Ltd

Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios

Sumner Redstone, Chairman and CEO of Viacom, Inc

Dennis Dammerman, Vice Chairman of General Electric

Peter Chernin, President and Co-COO of News Corporation Limited

Those seven Jewish men collectively control ABC, NBC, CBS, the Turner Broadcasting System, CNN, MTV, Universal Studios, MCA Records, Geffen Records, DGC Records, GRP Records, Rising Tide Records, Curb/Universal Records, and Interscope Records.

Gba yi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct guy.

Those who said they wanted facts, hope u wont behave like david and turn away from it ooooo.

All the men listed above are jews and they control the media!!!!!
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by JJYOU: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2009
where is your islamic list?

it is not part of your human right to tell lies. the bbc helped yeserday with panorama. it was 30 mins pro palestine becos jeremy bowen is married to one of them. is that not conflict of interest?
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2009
In short . . . every hardworking CEO out there is a jew! cheesy Bravo to all jews! You really make the poor 1.2 billion muslims very very sad. grin
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by javalove(m): 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2009
have u researched that they are not all jews?

see

david, the more u know about islam, the worse for u cos u no go get excuse on the day when there would be no one to intercede for anyone!!!
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Lagosboy: 4:21pm On Feb 10, 2009
Funny they cant deny these facts and they asked us to prove what olabawole said.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

Funny they cant deny these facts and they asked us to prove what olabawole said.

these "facts" are nothing but bogus lies . . . Americans who have never been to Israel before in their entire lives are now all of a sudden Jews? grin

Just blame the joo!

javalove:

have u researched that they are not all jews?

see

david, the more u know about islam, the worse for u cos u no go get excuse on the day when there would be no one to intercede for anyone!!!

have you researched that they all are indeed Jews?

See . . . the more i know about surah 17:91 the more i know i certainly do not want to be a part of your hell-going party.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Lagosboy: 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2009
davidylan:

these "facts" are nothing but bogus lies . . . Americans who have never been to Israel before in their entire lives are now all of a sudden Jews? grin

I remember Richyblack saying you think being jew = Israeli, I thought he was exaggerrating but i have just confirmed it.

Is there nothing like American Jew? What is Richard Falk then? I know you know but just trying to be cunning pls people here are intelligent people.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

I remember Richyblack saying you think being jew = Israeli, I thought he was exaggerrating but i have just confirmed it.

Is there nothing like American Jew? What is Richard Falk then? I know you know but just trying to be cunning pls people here are intelligent people.

most of you here are infact less than intelligent . . . if not you wont be parading around with the famous but already widely debunked lie that the media is controlled by jews.

Again more juggling with the goalposts here - Riskie produced arab propaganda by telling us that jews control the media (note she used JEW and not ISRAELI) . . . i countered by asking for proof. Someone here produced a list and proudly proclaimed them to all be jews.

Now are these people truly jews? What has anything above got to do with the distinction between jewish and Israeli? undecided These mooslims can not be trusted to debate above the mire of deciet.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by mukina2: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2009
I beleive the topic says

Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help!

Can we get back to the topic at hand?
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Lagosboy: 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2009
But what has israel got to do with this discussion at all.

someone said the jews control the media
Someone said it is false
Someone said prove it
Someone proved it

Straight away u bring in Israel and now its all confusing.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

But what has israel got to do with this discussion at all.

someone said the jews control the media
Someone said it is false
Someone said prove it
Someone proved it

Straight away u bring in Israel and now its all confusing.

I think you're confused because you brought in Israel into the picture. I was merely being sarcastic when i wondered how Americans who probably cant even locate Israel on the map of the world are suddenly branded "Jews" when mooslims are on their propaganda campaign.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by mukina2: 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2009
I wont repeat myself again.
Stick to the topic
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2009
mukina2:

I wont repeat myself again.
Stick to the topic

yes ma. cheesy
But blame lagosboy . . .

Back to the topic . . . Afghan women are suffering . . . Mukina2 any advice?
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by javalove(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2009
david !!!!!!!!!!!!!! u beaing sarcastic
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by mukina2: 5:48pm On Feb 10, 2009
davidylan:

yes ma. cheesy
But blame lagosboy . . .

Back to the topic . . . Afghan women are suffering . . . Mukina2 any advice?

Your wahala nor smallcheesy grin

I already gave my two cents on the topic cheesy
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2009
javalove:

david !!!!!!!!!!!!!! u beaing sarcastic

i just want to help afghan women . . . i love them too. grin
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by bawomolo(m): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2009
Chapter 4, Verse 124.
" And whoever does righteous good deeds, male or female, and is a true believer in the Oneness of Allah (Muslim), such will enter Paradise and not the least injustice, even to the size of a Naqira (speck on the back of a date-stone), will be done to them.

Chapter 33, Verse 35
"Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allah in Islam) men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Islamic Monotheism), the men and the women who are obedient (to Allah), the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds), the men and the women who are patient (in performing all the duties which Allah has ordered and in abstaining from all that Allah has forbidden), the men and the women who are humble (before their Lord Allah), the men and the women who give Sadaqat (i.e. Zakat, and alms, etc.), the men and the women who observe Saum
(fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadan, and the optional Nawafil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allah much with their hearts and tongues (while sitting,
standing, lying, etc. for more than 300 times extra over the remembrance of Allah during the five compulsory congregational prayers) or praying extra additional Nawafil prayers of night in the last part of night, etc.) Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).

no where in this passage does it say men are equal to allah. all it says are women to be obedient to allah, believe in chastity blah blah blah. Where does it say a man is equal to woman?? I don't think you get my question. now let me be your Imam for a day grin

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance):, "
The Book of Women 4.34
Translated by A. Yusufali

beat them "lightly" na by force?

"Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females," says the Koran (4:11).

fair share?

Women who are divorced shall wait, keeping themselves apart, three (monthly) courses. And it is not lawful for them that they should conceal that which Allah hath created in their wombs if they are believers in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands would do better to take them back in that case if they desire a reconciliation. And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

2:228. a degree above what

As for those of your women who are guilty of lewdness, call to witness four of you against them. And if they testify (to the truth of the allegation) then confine them to the houses until death take them or (until) Allah appoint for them a way (through new legislation).

4:15. hold up, what about lewd men?

4:20 And if ye wish to exchange one wife for another and ye have given unto one of them a sum of money (however great), take nothing from it. Would ye take it by the way of calumny and open wrong ?

it's cool to exchange wives.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by bawomolo(m): 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2009
Talking of the hijab. The hijab as it is today was never an arab practise but it was islam that introduced it .

Although long seen as the most distinctive emblem of Islam, the veil is, surprisingly, not enjoined upon Muslim women anywhere in the Quran. The tradition of veiling and seclusion (known together as hijab) was introduced into Arabia long before Muhammad, primarily through Arab contacts with Syria and Iran , where the hijab was a sign of social status. After all, only a woman who need not work in the fields could afford to remain secluded and veiled.

who are you fooling?

gerald levin is the FORMER CEO of time warner.

Michael Eisner (born March 7, 1942) was chief executive officer of The Walt Disney Company from September 22, 1984 to September 30, 2005.

I hope you realize these companies have board of directors and board of trustees. This is not your Naija company where some Chief/Chairman runs the show.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims / Shaaban : A Time Of Avoidance Of Heedlessness / From Def Jam To Islam - L Debois Umar Path To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.