Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ (1138 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / My Lesbian Encounter - An Original DNB Story / I'll Love To Be Married By July 2015 But I Don't Even Have A Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Cosmass(f): 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
Did you ever have problems with your spouse's/boyfriend/girlfriend's parents before marrying them? How and what did you do resolve it? Maybe they just don't like you but you both want to be together, how do/did you resolve the issue?
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Mynd44: 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
Everyone encounters problem and they way each couple deals with it is different. I so hope you will learn from the replies sha

1 Like

Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Cosmass(f): 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
22 views and yet no reply cry C'mon people
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by 190theclown: 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
Yes we had several problems esp the-issue of sex
As she wasn't giving me tactics anymore in bed
But wanted the-old missionary style and am like b!tch please
Am not 1964
Maybe cos she's swedish

Well she refused and I got 6 other gurls out there
She realised and started giving me tactics indoors

Problem solved

N/B
Wen dealing wif a girl - don't waste time talkin 2much wif her
Cos na their mouth run-pass just act like a macho man and get waheva
She's messing up replaced, she'l come around in no time cool
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Mynd44: 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
Cosmass: 22 views and yet no reply cry C'mon people
Pele
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
190-the-clown:
Yes we had several problems esp the-issue of sex
As she wasn't giving me tactics anymore in bed
But wanted the-old missionary style and am like b!tch please
Am not 1964
Maybe cos she's swedish

Well she refused and I got 6 other gurls out there
She realised and started giving me tactics indoors

Problem solved

N/B
Wen dealing wif a girl - don't waste time talkin 2much wif her
Cos na their mouth run-pass just act like a macho man and get waheva
She's messing up replaced, she'l come around in no time cool

op, in your life,don't consider this as an advice undecided
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Mynd44: 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
joeydozzy:

anyone who takes 190's advice should be shot
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by abiL(f): 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
joeydozzy:

Haahhaha grin
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
abiL:

Haahhaha grin
##spray insecticide in her mouth
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Mynd44: 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
acidosis™:

OMG.
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by abiL(f): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2012
acidosis™:

Who's this mosquito?
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by vivianc(f): 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
@ op, could you be more specific? Like who amongst them dislikes you? Why you think he/she dislikes and dis-approves your relationship?
If we understand better, we might help.
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by LadyTC: 12:15am On Oct 22, 2012
First of all if parents don't agree with the union its sometimes best to listen they are usually right. This would later bring problems in the future at first it will be " me and you against the world". Sometimes the parents are wrong the answer is take it to God in prayer and also make an effort with the parents and siblings as you pray fervently.
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by 190theclown: 1:33am On Oct 22, 2012
First and foremost u'all saying my advice is rough should shutup

Wat d heck is wrong wif u dudes these days

Am d most blunt individual here and I speak d raw undilitude truth as it is

Make una nor make me vex

See as abiL my racket dey laff me now
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Exponental(m): 2:52am On Oct 22, 2012
Personality is involved here. Why dont u narate ur problem n read from people rather than comparing with theirs. U can learn from others but there solutions might escalate urs.....above all, patience is d key.
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Cosmass(f): 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
Exponental: Personality is involved here. Why dont u narate ur problem n read from people rather than comparing with theirs. U can learn from others but there solutions might escalate urs.....above all, patience is d key.

This is my problem and what happened. I've been with my guy for close to a year now, about 10 months and has introduced me to basically his whole family, friends, church etc. I met the parents on different occasions and they pretty much seemed to like me that they were talking of organizing dinner so that they would get to know me more.
He is Anglican, while I am Catholic which is not an issue though because they knew all along and my mum is a strict Anglican.

The problenm started when they got a call from a man I had been introduced to in the church, he had told them my guy was not coming to the church anymore since he met me, that I am the one drawing him away etc, the parents got mad and also concluded maybe I was not a good person after all, that's why I was not always coming into the family and never did the dinner with them etc... first of all, they never gave any specific day for the dinner plus it would be too fast for me to be jumping into the family like that.
So my guy tried to talk things through with them which they agreed but we should take it slowly and get to know ourselves more while he(the dad) would check my background etc I even gave the mum a gift which they smiled and she even said she hoped I did not give her to bribe her and they all laughed.

Just 2 days ago, the dad met me in his(my guy) house and immediately called my guy around 7pm, and said he saw his gf in the house, he hoped I did not sleep there, he came with a priest to pray for the house but had to leave immediately because of me, that they do not want to see me in the house again.
I was lost. They say they do not know me well, what they don't know especially the dad is that my uncle, mum's brother is close friends with the dad, their very good family friend is a friend to my dad etc so it hurts they do not know all these and are judging me.

My guy and I decided to give ourselves and the parents space to sort out everything, but what is painful is my guy is almost giving up, saying he wonders why his parents are behaving like this etc.

So I would like to hear opinions from people
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by 190theclown: 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
anyone who takes 190's advice should be shot

Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by agb2011(f): 12:33am On Oct 23, 2012
@op, there is a Yoruba adage dt says its advisable nt to have bad in-laws.
Pray and giv them time. There must b a reason why their love 4u drastically changd 2hate. Probably d priest is tellin them horribl things about u. Wateva d case mayb, pray 2God concerning this.
Bottomline, if his family does nt approve of u, just let him go. Don't try 2force urself on them. They may end up frustrating ur life.
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Cosmass(f): 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hellooooooooo I need opinionssss sad
Re: To Those That Are/About To Be Married Or Couples, Did You Ever Encounter........ by Digital(f): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
Cosmass: Hellooooooooo I need opinionssss sad
If u will like to hear a candid truth, I wont advise u marry ur guy cos trust mi it wont be funny later in years. am married and i knw wat it is like when ur inlaws dont like u. dey r goin to blame u for evry problem and mistakes thier son make.

Pray to almighty God to guide u cos it migth also be devils trap not to marry ur own husband. i do blv u r a good xtian.

good luck to u

(1) (Reply)

They Say Boyfrends Wil Come & Go / How To Find Out If A Girl Likes You In 12 Ways / Why Do Most Nigerian Girls(including Those From Wealthy Homes)Have Sugar Daddies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.