Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God (15167 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "I And The Father Are One" In John 10:30? / Do People Worship God Because They Realy Love Him? / My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2012
I don't love him, at least not now. But he claims God spoke to him specifically about me and his testimony is quite convincing. pls should i go ahead with it or just leave it alone, i dont really feel anythin for him.wats ur advice. Matured christian views highly apreciated
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 22, 2012
preshuzpearl: I don't love him, at least not now. But he claims God spoke to him specifically about me and his testimony is quite convincing. pls should i go ahead with it or just leave it alone, i dont really feel anythin for him.wats ur advice. Matured christian views highly apreciated

Why would you do something you dont like? Let god also speak to you! He must have done a lot of research about you. Please dont fall into a trap! shine your eyes!

6 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 22, 2012
Oh, and did i mention dat he keeps pressurizing me to pray and dat he knows if i do, God will tell me he's right.
I've always shunned him but when he kept bringin up d God issue, i thought i should consider it again. I want to do the right thing.
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 22, 2012
Ur prayer point should be if its God's will then let HIM(GOD) speak 2 u.U cant be there coz u ve 2 b dere;U ve 2 b there because U want to be there.God help u smiley

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 22, 2012
ifeness:

Why would you do something you dont like? Let god also speak to you! He must have done a lot of research about you. Please dont fall into a trap! shine your eyes!

problem is am confused wen it comes to these issues, i dnt know ow God can tell me ''this is the man'', or ''that is not him''. My judgement keeps getting in the way
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 22, 2012
God told me he is not your destiny. God also said that you should call him(pray) and he will tell you that he told the guy to pursue another girl, not you.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2012
preshuzpearl:

problem is am confused wen it comes to these kind of issues, i dnt know ow God can tell me ''this is the man'', or ''that is not him''. My judgements keeps getting in the way

It is better you listen to your own inner voice. Act according to they way you feel and you will never regret it,even if you make mistakes. The worst thing is to be pushed into something you don't like. Please do not allow anyone to manipulate you. You are a lady,you should have a stronger spirit.

Don't be deceived by the 'god said' people! You will not see them when you get into trouble. It is your life, you should have the final say,not any other person.

12 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2012
Martian: God told me he is not your destiny. God also said that you should call him(pray) and he will tell you that he told the guy to pursue another girl, not you.

i almost believed u for a minute there.
But seriously, i wish i could find such simple ways to deal wit it.
It would be very easy to say, 'God told me u heard wrongly' and i wont need anything else
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
So silly and annoying, you deserved to be scammed. God gave you free will, a brain and a bible yet you choose to throw it away. God gave you free will to choose a spouse, open your eyes and make a choice.
You don't marry a man because he said "God says so" you marry a man because you are compatiable, he has qualities you see your self living with forever, he is kind and decent, he respects you and will help you grow, financially, spiritually, educationally and as a sound human being.
What kind of human beings are we producing? Robots. Jesus died so you can have free access to God, if you choose to be dull and silly let me not catch you here starting a thread "He said God led him yet he beats and cheats on me". What are the qualities that will make him a good husband? Focus on that and not God told him. God gave you free will and a brain use it
Don't mind the harshness of my post because if you were my younger sister I would have spanked you for such silliness. I hate it when women foolishly get into a bad marriage and start complaining, Marriage requires more than God said and God since Adam stopped fixing people, God got blamed by Adam when Eve sinned and since then, God hasn't chosen a spouse for another person, abraham chose sarah, Issac went by himself to find a wife with suggestion from His father! Jacob too, David chose his wife, even though he was decieved into marrying 2 wives, the list goes on and on. So tell me where all you people get this sillness from in the name of Christainity

35 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by ghazzal: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
preshuzpearl: I don't love him, at least not now. But he claims God spoke to him specifically about me and his testimony is quite convincing. pls should i go ahead with it or just leave it alone, i dont really feel anythin for him.wats ur advice. Matured christian views highly apreciated

hahahahahahahahahahahagrin
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Skywalker3(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
If God shows me a woman he wants me to marry, I 'll go to her and try things naturally without mentioning God. If it works, then i'll know God really wants it to happen.
@poster. Ur man used the illest pickup line in naija("God said i should marry you"wink. It works like juju on most 'sisters'.
the way i see it, That is a line for WEAK MEN.

Marrying a man you are not attracted to = 10000000 ROUNDS OF SEX WITHOUT ORGASM + WAKING UP TO SEE HIS UGLY FACE EVERY MORNING + FIGHTING AND QUARELLING. C'mon girl, God doesnt want that for you.

Booton line is: Tell him he has to make you fall in love before you say YES. if he fails to do that, say no to his sorry ass.

10 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
debrief08:
You don't marry a man because he said "God says so" you marry a man because you are compatiable, he has qualities you see your self living with forever, he is kind and decent, he respects you and will help you grow, financially, spiritually, educationally...

i'll pretend u didn't say anything else.
so tell me, how am i supposed to know we are 'compatible' when i know virtually nothing about d guy. i've hardly been friends with him.
And thanks for outlining d qualities of a good spouse, i have met many of them with them nice attitudes. Anybody can be kind and respectful. But that isn't enough to say yes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
Sky walker: If God shows me a woman he wants me to marry, I 'll go to her and try things naturally without mentioning God. If it works, then i'll know God really wants it to happen.
@poster. Ur man used the illest pickup line in naija("God said i should marry you"wink. It works like juju on most 'sisters'.
the way i see it, That is a line for WEAK MEN.

Marrying a man you are not attracted to = 10000000 ROUNDS OF SEX WITHOUT ORGASM + WAKING UP TO SEE HIS UGLY FACE EVERY MORNING + FIGHTING AND QUARELLING. C'mon girl, God doesnt want that for you.

Booton line is: Tell him he has to make you fall in love before you say YES. if he fails to do that, say no to his sorry ass.

lol.
Great advice
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by CrazyMan(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
God is not a confusionist...if the man in question is your destined husband, then one way or the other, you two would be together.

In the mean time I would suggest that you review the qualities you're looking for in your dream guy. If he meets them all, has the fear of God, and you feel that you're compatible, then you need no more confirmation...but if the reverse is the case, the let go and forge ahead.

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by MiniG: 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
God is not an author of confusion, if HE is behind it, HE will confirm it to you through other means/people in order to put your mind to rest. Don't rush into any decision, wait on God, confide in an elderly Christian/prayer partner you trust to pray with you about it. Just make sure you are in right standing with God. HE will never lead you into a wrong relationship

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2012
Like I said, with your level of reasoning you will get scammed. Best wishes though, I hope I am wrong.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by lecturerdabo(m): 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mini G: God is not an author of confusion, if HE is behind it, HE will confirm it to you through other means/people in order to put your mind to rest. Don't rush into any decision, wait on God, confide in an elderly Christian/prayer partner you trust to pray with you about it. Just make sure you are in right standing with God. HE will never lead you into a wrong relationship
WELL SAID
God speaks through various means Pls pray and believe Him but Pls for God to direct you, you will ve to put aside you own wants and don't wants in a man. I don't know how Prophet Hosea felt when he was asked to marry a harlot!
In the mean time, TELL THAT GOD'S EARPIECE TO GIVE YOU TIME TO PRAY ABOUT IT WITHOUT PRESSURES.

CHEERS!!!
Lecturerdabo

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by breathing(f): 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2012

I don't know if you are a born again Christian. But every born again christian would find out sooner or later that there are two ways of handling every issue. The 'common sense' way and the 'God' way.

God never asked us in thr bible, to marry the person we love, rather he asked us to love the person we marry.

God has also given us the ability to love everyone, though we often insist to ourselves that there are people we just cannot love, yet God wants us to love every one, and mature Christians have been able to manage loving everyone.

So what's my point, for born again christians, marriage is all about having a partner who shares your faith and helps you fulfil the will of God on earth.

I know people have abused the 'God said I would marry you' line, but that doesn't change the fact that sometimes God actually reveals to some men the woman he thinks would best assist them in fulfilling their mission on earth (and vice versa).

So I think it depends on you to first:

1. Find out the kind of christian the man is. Is he a serious minded/ dedicated christian who can actually hear God speak. By their fruits you shall know them, I believe you should be able to know when you are being scammed.

2. Tell him to give you time to pray about it. Take a week to pray, tell God you are taking a week to hear him confirm that the man in question is your husband, try to forget about the fact that you don't love the man (Love has a much deeper meaning than what the world thinks it is, and you might also learn that while studying), have an open mind about it, fast, study your bible, sometimes you expect to hear God in your dream or in a voice but he also speaks to you through bible verses you come across while studying the bible. Once again, keep an open mind.

If after praying about it, you still feel doubts about this man, then please go back to him and tell him that God did not tell you to marry him. God is not an author of confusion, and if he indeed wants you to marry the man, he'd tell you.

I know there are a lot of common sense replies to this kind of post, but you asked for a christian view, so there it is. We are talking about the same God who asked Joseph to remain married to a woman who got pregnant mysteriously, think of what the NL replies would be if Joseph had opened a thread on NL before accepting to stick with Mary. Or same God who asked Hosea to go marry a prostitute. Ewwwwwww. It aint always easy obeying God, but you either want to obey God, or you don't. Either way, you first of all have to find out if it's really God speaking, and that's not such a difficult thing to do, more especially if you are someone led by the spirit of God.

32 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by seyibrown(f): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
I would say, the guy in question just caused unnecessary confusion for you. All he head to do was ask you out, tell you he has honourable intentions and ask you to pray about it. Lots of undiscerning women get this kind of lie told to them and taken advantage of. He may be telling the truth but he hasn't applied wisdom. He may just be looking for s-e/x, he may just be looking to mess with your mind.

My advise: Pray about it. Ask God to show you if this person is using his name in vain. Find out more about him before you commit to anything. Is he truly a 'child of God' as he claims? If possible, test him (don't put yourself in any danger while doing this). The Bible tells us to test all spirits.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
At the end of the day,you and only you will live with the man. SO,Follow your heart and disregard what anyone tells you. Life is a personal experience.

As a married man,i would only advice you to follow your heart. The last thing you want is to be a prisoner in your marriage. Since it is obvious you are a christian,that means(according to your religious belief) there will be no way out.

Marriage without love is like living in bondage. The is not a path you wanna follow
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by ghettodreamz(m): 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2012

Have you taken time to ASK God yourself? It's very SIMPLE, if you don't hear God speak directly, you can consult your Pastor who is spiritually sound to help pray on your behalf in order to receive the message for you, that way you would be sure if he's truly the right man for you or not.
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by zeal500: 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
laughing with my teeth n mouth wide open
simply can't stop laughing at dis so called joke
"God told him" indeed......

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
Some people dull sha.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by InesQor(m): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
God gives peace of mind. If that is missing when you consider being with him, then tell him "Sorry man, no luck".

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by acidtalk: 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
The WORST of marriages and homes are the ones that one of the partner kept deceiving the other (usually the male) that God directed him to go and meet the lady to confirm to her that she is his wife.

Such marriages were built on deceit and confusion from the very onset and usually don't stand the test of time.

Look out there and see so many so called pastors and "men of 'god'" who have deceive gullible and desperate ladies just to marry them only to find out they can't continue after sometime, then LIE again that the 'holy spirit' told them to call the relationship off.

If both parties don't feel the same, there is absolutely no way one partner should be deceived into a union they don't have interest in.

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
Its simple! Marry who you LOVE!!! GADAMMIT!!!! why must you even contemplate marrying someone you don't LOVE? I DON'T UNDERSTAND.....!!!!!! MARRIAGE IS NOT A JOKE!!!!! ONLY IF YOU LOVE HIM SHOULD YOU NOW START SEEKING GOD'S GUIDANCE!!!
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by djeezy(m): 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
The feeling should be mutual. Why will God speak †̥̥o̲̣̥ him απϑ not you also. Don't be gullible. If you feel nothing for him or not fully convinced God spoke †̥̥o̲̣̥ him, tell him †̥̥o̲̣̥ pray that God should speak †̥̥o̲̣̥ you too.
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Leobreezy(m): 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
What kind of dumb question is this? @op. Are u so gullible?? So ur sense doesn't tell u that the guy is only bringing up the "God told me" ish to beguile you to marry him? As previous posters said, God gave humans free will and the ability to love freely, so He will never force you to be with someone or do something against ur will. And they said girls think with their whole brain while guys think with half SMH.
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by omiobo: 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
I'm sure the guy is not ok financially. It would have been the other way round,had it been the guy controls ego.
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ask him, how was the revelation, exactly how did God say.let him tell you specifically. God never impose on us, but He does recommend. If I will make it clear to you, God recomended you to him as a wife material, and the rest is free will, from both sides.

You should take it as a compliment GOD telling someguy you are virtous *winks*. I believe I have simplified the whole GOD say, and trust me I am writing from experience.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by chinnyonwu(m): 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
seyibrown: I would say, the guy in question just caused unnecessary confusion for you. All he head to do was ask you out, tell you he has honourable intentions and ask you to pray about it. Lots of undiscerning women get this kind of lie told to them and taken advantage of. He may be telling the truth but he hasn't applied wisdom. He may just be looking for s-e/x, he may just be looking to mess with your mind.

My advise: Pray about it. Ask God to show you if this person is using his name in vain. Find out more about him before you commit to anything. Is he truly a 'child of God' as he claims? If possible, test him (don't put yourself in any danger while doing this). The Bible tells us to test all spirits.
Best advice
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by kokoye(m): 8:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
breathing:

God never asked us in thr bible, to marry the person we love, rather he asked us to love the person we marry.

So..I'm an idol worshiper, a womanizer, a woman abuser, a selfish beast....

If, according to you, we can love anybody, can you please marry me ...since you will be able to love me regardless??

No wonder a lot of people are not happy in their marriages.

Thank you for confusing the poor girl the more.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Ways We Misunderstand Being Born Again / 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.