Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda (25429 Views)

The Murder Of The Fulani: Yugoslavia Unfolding (buhari's Ethnic Agenda)-ffk / Onyeka Onwenu Reacts To Dismissal, Accuses FG Of Ethnic Agenda / Is Sanusi Lamido Really About Ethnic Agenda As Cbn Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by ejiyke2007(m): 11:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend:

Where is Nigeria's aviation industry located? It's located in Yorubaland and the quota system should give more Yorubas a place within the system. Heck, more Yorubas do aviation courses than Igbos, so the percentage is justifiable!

Oduah has an adam apple, phuck that hairy bytch!!
Hey can you quote the section of the constitution that says since the aviation industry is located in Yorubaland and the quota system should given to Yoruba's
HEY BOY YOU PEOPLE CAN NO LONGER USE MEDIA TO BLACK MAIL OTHER TRIBES.LISTEN THE WORLD IS NOW globalized.WELL YOU ARE A BLIND MAN WHO DOES NOT KNOW HIS LEFT AND RIGHT.ALL YOU KNOW IS TO COME TO INTERNET TO POST RUBBISH BE CAREFUL,YOU NEED TO CHANGE OK
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by bittyend(m): 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Ugly chimpanzee, pick up that soap before your jail mate slot his joystick in your azz....

Igbotic cannibal, why is cannibalism rife in your region?
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by geeez: 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
bashr8: heendiot and you didnt see where i mentioned we produce and export, holdo thats how you people lack comprehension skills.

That came like 4 posts later in a separate argument. You're a drop out pretending to be smart on google. You can't even put together two lines without bullets and seriously everyone has described your posts as the dumbest tonight. Check pages 6 and 7 just in case you missed it
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by bittyend(m): 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
ejiyke2007:
Hey can you quote the section of the constitution that says since the aviation industry is located in Yorubaland and the quota system should given to Yoruba's
HEY BOY YOU PEOPLE CAN NO LONGER USE MEDIA TO BLACK MAIL OTHER TRIBES.LISTEN THE WORLD IS NOW globalized.WELL YOU ARE A BLIND MAN WHO DOES NOT KNOW HIS LETT AND RIGHT.ALL YOU KNOW IS TO COME TO INTERNET TO POST RUBBISH BE CAREFUL,YOU NEED TO CHANGE OK

Aviation industry is a ministry and people get promoted. Why is the woman sacking experienced people and replacing them with inexperienced Igbos? That is ridiculous and insane!

You replace like for like, not with nepotism!
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by tribalism(m): 11:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
Its a bad day. Tribalism reigns supreme. Good night all tribalists.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by bashr8: 11:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend:

Aviation industry is a ministry and people get promoted. Why is the woman sacking experienced people and replacing them with inexperienced Igbos? That is ridiculous and insane!

guy you be bat? go and sleep .
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Eziachi: 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2012
Naval sadiq: so naija aviation industry don turn family business.
Where has you been all these years? What about the army, Navy, Airforce, NNPC, Navdac, Police, Customs etc family businesses?

1 Like

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by bittyend(m): 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2012
Education paid for, Imperial College Alumni!

I eat unsophisticated Igbos for lunch and the semi-educated ones for dinner! Don't curse my great tribe and I'll ignore you freaks!!

Phuck Nigeria!
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by ejiyke2007(m): 11:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
topsyking: THE DAY I HEAR A IGBO MAN BECOMES THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA, I WILL RENOUNCED MY CITIZENSHIP..cos they will take us back to the craddle instead of moving us forward
FROM TODAY GET READY TO DENOUNCE YOUR CITIZENSHIP,WHAT AND WHO IS YOUR FATHER, GO AND EXAMINE YOUR BRAIN
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by tunnytox(m): 11:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
Bittyend is a one man riot squad! Despite being mobbed by these never tired bigoted low lives you still stand gidigba!
Abeg chop knuckle grin grin grin
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by igboboy1(m): 11:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend:

Where is Nigeria's aviation industry located? It's located in Yorubaland and the quota system should give more Yorubas a place within the system. Heck, more Yorubas do aviation courses than Igbos, so the percentage is justifiable!

ishi adiri gi nma....okwa unu cho ofu Nigieria? okwa unu soro ndi hausa nowa ndigbo ogwu maka unu choro ofu Nigeria?

ndigbo g'enwe oru nile no na ime government....

Onye ara
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Eziachi: 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
geeez:

We are NIgeria's bravest and most war tested. The bravest Igbo man ever was Ojukwu who ran away. As a soldier, he can't match the bravery or Gani Fawehinmi, Soyinka, Falana, Gani Adams, HID Awolowo, Abraham Adesanya, Fela and Femi Kuti and even me
You forgot the bravest of them all- Field Marshall Oladipo Diya.

1 Like

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by iconaus: 11:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Time is changing . People gona accept it . Nigeria cannot continue like this . there must be a change one day that why the yorubas are crying foul when this is just the beginning. Igbos left for trading and self reliance because of continued marginalisation in govt sectors . Now igbos are doing well on their own , yorubas are not happy about that . Nigeria belongs to all of us . If igbos are begining to find their ways into govt sector , so be it and is welcome much as as the South South south are begining to enjoy their positions hausa and yorubas have been enjoying . GEJ is hated by SW and North becuase he is undoing the wrongs of the past . GEJ is not even aggresive about it ; he is diplomatic and you people are making .

3 Likes

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by demmy(m): 11:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Arik Air accuses Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah, of corruption

The Airline says it is suffering because it bruised the ego of the aviation minister when it refused to accede to ‘personal interest’ requests.

Corrupt demands allegedly made by the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, led to the disruption of flights by Nigeria’s largest domestic carrier, Arik Air.

Arik Air, suspended indefinitely all its domestic operations after aviation union workers from the Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) disrupted its flights out of Lagos on Thursday.

Union members gathered at the domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport as early as 7a.m. and prevented the airline from operating its normal flights over allegedly unpaid debts.

The union members claimed that the airline owes aviation agencies a combined debt of about N17bn, a claim the airline denies.

Despite the public knowledge of Arik’s debt, the grounding of the airline’s operations by the union members, sources say, is a reflection of the intention of Ms. Oduah.

The 5 per cent demand

Ms. Oduah, sources told PREMIUM TIMES made a demand from Arik’s owners, a demand too much for the management to let go of.

The Vice-Chairman of Arik Air, Aniete Okon, hinted at the minister’s ‘greedy’ demand while addressing journalists in Lagos, Thursday afternoon when he said the airline is being punished for its refusal to accede to the personal interest of Ms. Oduah.

“This is a direct result to the rebuff that the minister suffered when she tried to promote personal rather than national interest,” Mr. Okon said.

Mr. Okon, fearing a direct confrontation with the minister, a close ally of President Goodluck Jonathan, declined to give details of Ms. Oduah’s demands.

Multiple and usually reliable sources however told PREMIUM TIMES that the “personal interest” Ms. Oduah demanded, was a part ownership of Arik.

“The Minister wants 5per cent share of Arik at all cost, which has been resisted by the Arik Chairman,” a close source to the two parties said.

The source also alleged that Dana Air, whose operating license was returned after suspension following its airline crash of July, agreed to the minister’s demand before it was permitted to operate again.

Arik is a dying airline

The Aviation Minister has however denied having personal interest in Arik.

Ms. Oduah speaking through her media assistant, Joe Obi said the allegations by Arik is a diversionary tactic.

“Arik should be advised to live up to its responsibility as a corporate citizen and stop chasing shadows,” Mr. Obi said.

He said the minister never demanded a part ownership of Arik.

“Why will the minister want to have a stake in a business that is not thriving. The minister has never and will never show an interest in an ailing firm,” Mr. Obi said.

The minister also denied having any secret deal with Dana before the lifting of its suspension.

Mr. Obi, while explaining the Ministry’s decision to lift Dana’s suspension even when the airline was yet to pay adequate compensation to all the families of the crash victims, said Ms. Oduah did the right thing.

“Where is it done that if an aircraft in a fleet has an accident, the entire aircraft is grounded?” he said, explaining that the ministry and its agencies were carrying out adequate certification of Dana’s fleet.

Mr. Obi could however not give the correct value to Arik’s debt.

How much does Arik owe

A breakdown of the sum the aviation union accuses Arik of owing shows that Arik Air owes FAAN N7bn; the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency, NAMA, is owed N5 billion naira; and the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, over N4 billion.

Though Arik admitted it was owing the aviation agencies, it denied the circulated figures.

The airlines Managing Director, Chris Ndulue, said, “the amount the agency (FAAN) is claiming is fictitious and baseless.”

“We have an outstanding balance of N1.6bn from the period before FAAN/Ministry of Aviation started “Pay-As-You-Go (payment in advance). In January 2011, the former minister of aviation directed that such outstanding be cleared within thirty months. We have been paying down on the amount installments of N100m per month. We will continue to do so,” Mr. Ndulue said.

Mr. Obi, the minister’s spokesman questioned Arik’s integrity accusing the management of financial irresponsibility.

“Part of the money they are owing is not their money. They are part of the airfares they have collected from passengers and are supposed to remit to the government,” he said. “Instead they keep them (the money) to themselves.”

Arik is blackmailing Government

The aviation minister also accused the Arik management of blackmailing the government.

“The decision to suspend its operations is a blackmail tool,” Mr. Obi explained. “We can never be blackmailed.”

Arik claimed it was suspending its operations nationwide due to what it described as “persistent hostility of the Ministry of Aviation and Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) management.”

The management of FAAN however released a statement this afternoon distancing itself from the action of the union members.

The agency said it was “not aware of any plan by the unions to embark on the said industrial action.”

“Management considers it to be counter-productive to the current efforts being made to recover debt owed FAAN by Arik Airline or other customers.”

The agency said it was doing everything possible to resolve the issues that led to the industrial action.

Let the court be the arbiter

Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, who could not travel to Abuja due to the industrial action, told PREMIUM TIMES that the union shouldn’t be preventing passengers from travelling.

“I had cause to address the leaders of the workers. I did make it clear to them that workers have no business inconveniencing passengers,” he said.

He advised that instead of disrupting the operations of the airline, the agency should take their case to the court.

“It’s the duty of regulatory agency to collect the money from the money from the airlines that are owing and if any of them refuses to pay the proper action in the circumstance is to go to court.”
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by bittyend(m): 11:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
bashr8: guy you be bat? go and sleep .

I just ate you for dinner. I'll take your advice and sleep.

Belched, I enjoyed eating you up. cheesy

Bed is calling me - night! cool
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by igboboy1(m): 11:19pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend: Education paid for, Imperial College Alumni!

I eat unsophisticated Igbos for lunch and the semi-educated ones for dinner! Don't curse my great tribe and I'll ignore you freaks!!

Phuck Nigeria!

phuck nigeria? typical ofe manu..your ancestord fought for one nigeria so you ofe manu are a nigerian 4life. Make olodowa people dare say dem no do again, dem wan form olodowa republic na then una go no this nwa oshimili does not know "geneva convention".

Yorubas fought for one nigeria so they better enjoy it i know wan hear pim from una ofe manu mouth
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Eziachi: 11:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend:

But gully erosion owns 90% of alaigbo. cheesy

Flood just swallowed up the remaining 10%, where would Igbos be without the Yoruba? You need to worship us, dolt!
Just as Tsunami own the mighty Japan. Earthquake own Los Angeles.

1 Like

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by kaeto(m): 11:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend:

Scams means earning money with ya brain. Igbos do robberies, drugs, and bulgaries. Little wonder, all the Nigerians who have been killed due to drug business gone wrong have been Igbos. I've never met a brave Igbo person in my entire life on this planet, NEVER! Take that to the bank!
you must be mixing with the wrong set of peeps.

1 Like

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Saintsquare(m): 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
tunnytox: Bittyend is a one man riot squad! Despite being mobbed by these never tired bigoted low lives you still stand gidigba!
Abeg chop knuckle grin grin grin
Indeed,d guy too much,alongside geez and naval sadiq.Thumbs up y`all
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Eziachi: 11:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend:

By employing 68% Igbos with no experience whatsoever, right?! I don't give a phuck about Nigeria and its existence but cheating Yorubas for Igbos is ridiculous!

Phuck Nigeria!
How do you get experience without doing the job?
And which school of experience did those replaced went?

1 Like

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by cheddarking(m): 11:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend: Education paid for, Imperial College Alumni!

Phuck Nigeria!

AHahahahahaha

Yeah Right....

I doubt if you've even been to college, you jobless rabble-rouser...

2 Likes

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Eziachi: 11:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
demmy:

At least in Yorubaland we have no PDP unlike the shithole you call region in the East. You've played boy-boy to hausa-fulanis since the 60s in spite of how many times they hack you to death. useless Igbos.
Now you got PDP's cousin called Labour party. Monkey and baboon, whats the difference?
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by iconaus: 11:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
@ bettyend

Go and sleep is bed time in london or are u doing secirity night shift . yorubas in london are disgrace to nigeria and africa . dirty people . Go to USA, Canada , australia and see how igbo are representing nigeria and africa in a postive way . Mind u i am not in Nigeria . I am global citizen who moves around globally and as citizen of ist world with a diplomatic passport . So i know youbas both home and abroad .

1 Like

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by demmy(m): 11:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
This same corrupt Igbo minister who restored Dana Air license after they crashed in June have audacity to sack career aviation officer so she can replace them with even more corrupt Igbo nitwits.

1 Like

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by bittyend(m): 11:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
cheddarking:
AHahahahahaha

Yeah Right....

I doubt if you've even been to college, you jobless rabble-rouser...

You cu.nts just use words without knowing what it actually means, failed product of a 3rd-wold educational system!

Rabble-rouser: a person who manipulates the passions of the mob; demagogue. A political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular passions and prejudices.

Am I a demagogue or a political leader? NO.

Get an education and get on my level. Off to bed, I can't waste my bandwidth on you! undecided
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by ejiyke2007(m): 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend:

Aviation industry suffers from widespread corruption by those you called experienced people of your type
I think there is a case for strong action and intervention when there is criminality and when the leaders of Aviation industry are corrupt or behaving in a criminal fashion. so they got they deserve
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by cheddarking(m): 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
demmy: This same corrupt Igbo minister who restored Dana Air license after they crashed in June have audacity to sack career aviation officer so she can replace them with even more corrupt Igbo nitwits.

With the way you're going on about corruption...

Remind me again what tribe Tinubu is from?

or Akeredolu?

or Oyinlola

or the Late but Great ADEDIBU?

What tribe are these colossal looters from again?

2 Likes

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by ichidodo: 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
Saintsquare: Indeed,d guy too much,alongside geez and naval sadiq.Thumbs up y`all
CONGRATULATIONS,THEY CAN ALL LINE-UP AND SUCK MY DIICK.
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by Eziachi: 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend:

From now on, all oil money should be quota systemed to where they are located, including the aviation it help financed and set up.

3 Likes

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by cheddarking(m): 11:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
bittyend:

You cu.nts just use words without knowing what it actually means, failed product of a 3rd-wold educational system!

Rabble-rouser: a person who manipulates the passions of the mob; demagogue. A political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular passions and prejudices.

Am I a demagogue or a political leader? NO.

Get an education and get on my level. Off to bed, I can't waste my bandwidth on you! undecided

You went to google the word first eh?

And still you're too dumb to realise that you have just described what you were doing on this thread...

You are truly dumb shymmex\bitty end...

Imperial College my asss. lmao

1 Like

Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by demmy(m): 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
ejiyke2007:

Aviation industry suffers from widespread corruption by those you called experienced people of your type
I think there is a case for strong action and intervention when there is criminality and when the leaders of Aviation industry are corrupt or behaving in a criminal fashion. so they got they deserve

[size=14pt]Ms. Oduah, sources told PREMIUM TIMES made a demand from Arik’s owners, a demand too much for the management to let go of.

The Vice-Chairman of Arik Air, Aniete Okon, hinted at the minister’s ‘greedy’ demand while addressing journalists in Lagos, Thursday afternoon when he said the airline is being punished for its refusal to accede to the personal interest of Ms. Oduah.

“This is a direct result to the rebuff that the minister suffered when she tried to promote personal rather than national interest,” Mr. Okon said.

Mr. Okon, fearing a direct confrontation with the minister, a close ally of President Goodluck Jonathan, declined to give details of Ms. Oduah’s demands.

Multiple and usually reliable sources however told PREMIUM TIMES that the “personal interest” Ms. Oduah demanded, was a part ownership of Arik.

“The Minister wants 5per cent share of Arik at all cost, which has been resisted by the Arik Chairman,” a close source to the two parties said.

The source also alleged that Dana Air, whose operating license was returned after suspension following its airline crash of July, agreed to the minister’s demand before it was permitted to operate again.[/size]
Re: Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda by tunnytox(m): 11:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
icon aus: @ bettyend

Go and sleep is bed time in london or are u doing secirity night shift . yorubas in london are disgrace to nigeria and africa . dirty people . Go to USA, Canada , australia and see how igbo are representing nigeria and africa in a postive way . Mind u i am not in Nigeria . I am global citizen who moves around globally and as citizen of ist world with a diplomatic passport . So i know youbas both home and abroad .

What a joke! Low life like you a citizen of the world indeed! So your job is to look out for Yorubas all over the world? Fccking asswipe. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Supporters Gather As EFCC Grills Saraki’s Wife / Femi Gbajabiamila Meets Ayodele Daniel-Dada (Pictured) / Gov. Wike Inspects Judges Lodge Project In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.