Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents (17362 Views)

$3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by jhayluz: 2:55am On Oct 23, 2012
Emmy9ite: Another tribe bashing thread! I wonder when Nigerians will grow up and see this country as one against other nations and not tribes against tribes. The attorney has the right to sue Dangote if due process was not followed, simple!

Bro I fear o, its quite alarming when I see threads like dis springing up abuses based on tribal issues. Most of all dis young nigerians here will say they r graduates, I wonder what future leaders such people will make when all dat is running tru their minds are tribal sentiments.

Nija, behold the leaders that will soon emerge........what a pity.

Na leaders like una go fail dis country completely to ground zero cos y'all so pathetic, GEJ and all dis leaders y'all complaining about are better than u imbeciles here claiming u know shit. Wen will y'all wake up and be composed n matured, am sad y'all part of dis generation. Habba!
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by AdeboyeOba(m): 5:49am On Oct 23, 2012
Mr Falana!...the truck drivers don't kill, it's accident. You have to tell the FG to construct road for trucks or better still rehabilitate the existing ones...It's not the drivers of trucks that cause most of the killing, but our roads are not good..they are in a state of anomy!
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Rodaliga: 7:35am On Oct 23, 2012
u dont sue workers ..u sue d owners...selfishness has been d problem of peeps in dis country..if ur relation had been involved in any of des fatal accidents..u would have supported him..always put urself in their shoes..think b4 u post anyfin...dangote n co deserves to be sued...
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by COOLDUN: 7:43am On Oct 23, 2012
Femi Falana is very right, his action is a great sign of professional competence, we should not triberlize every moves mostly this positive one by this great lawyer no matter the tribe. His SAN status is a merited one, his actions justifies his competence and bravery, he should be commended on that. A place where there is no voice for the masses is as dead as log of plantain log. Nigerians have been exploited to the wrong reasoning. Femi Falana should be encouraged and not discouraged. Keep up your good work the great one.SAN Femi Falana, its only God that rewards a good laborer.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Thomas333(m): 9:12am On Oct 23, 2012
Some nigerians thought process is evil.thousands of Dangote company trucks ply our travel routes. Some kill people on their way.dangote company should be held responsible and pay compensation to the family of the casualties,because is their truck.when they start paying compensation.they discipline their drivers and train them better.in the end it will reduce the deaths caused by their truck drivers on our highway. Carry on Femi Falana
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by addey(m): 9:41am On Oct 23, 2012
Okija_juju: As soon as they made this Yoruba man SAN, I knew that there was trouble ..

Jobless otimpku..

This man would one day sue himself out of confusion ..

Some people don’t think before they type.
Must you comment on every issue?
I think you yoyobitter to clean your system.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by GARRIx7(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2012
Adeboye Oba: Mr Falana!...the truck drivers don't kill, it's accident. You have to tell the FG to construct road for trucks or better still rehabilitate the existing ones...It's not the drivers of trucks that cause most of the killing, but our roads are not good..they are in a state of anomy!
^^^^^^^
Your FOOLISHNESS is LEGENDARY.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by SmileGirl(f): 9:58am On Oct 23, 2012
feature11: Executive Joblessness

Is it Dangote that is driving the trucks?
take a screw driver, remove d nuts in ur head, then travel to Europe & see the way human rights, even animal rights are been fought for. A dangerous problem wit Nigerians, they will not support d pple dat are fightin 4 their rights till when they start dying like chickens. Then they will take up weapons & start killin d innocents. A lawless nation indeed.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by SmileGirl(f): 10:05am On Oct 23, 2012
Okija_juju: As soon as they made this Yoruba man SAN, I knew that there was trouble ..

Jobless otimpku..

Where were u when dis same old Yoruba man was investigating d federal govt on oil reserves? U were enjoyin ur sleep rite? Dis man brot a report dat over 500 million naira are bn embezzled by d govt yearly on Jan 15th 2012. U especially, wat hav u done 4 Nigeria? U are so tribalistic, yet u open ur mouth 2 tarnish Pastors wen ur heart is not clean
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by israelbenzion: 10:52am On Oct 23, 2012

Showcase ur stupidity here for d world to see. So if a driver drives Dangote's trucks and kills someone, it shd not concern Dangote because he wasn't d one driving? Fool!
I guess u hv never heard of vicarious liability in law.
Smelly-mouth.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by blaise26abj(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2012
Hitler's hatred for the jews started like what i'm seeing in forums like this.It stems from blaming other ethnicity for your woes and problems. And perceiving no good in their deeds. If nigerians have such deep rooted resentments of other tribes, then a large-scale genocide that will dwarf what is happening in the north is waiting to happen. God help this country.

@ Op: Falana can sue whoever he wants to sue for whoever he wants to represent. As long as it will do some good. if just a life can be saved from this then it is a worthwhile pursuit.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by jhayluz: 11:54am On Oct 23, 2012
blaise26.abj:
Hitler's hatred for the jews started like what i'm seeing in forums like this.It stems from blaming other ethnicity for your woes and problems. And perceiving no good in their deeds. If nigerians have such deep rooted resentments of other tribes, then a large-scale genocide that will dwarf what is happening in the north is waiting to happen. God help this country.

@ Op: Falana can sue whoever he wants to sue for whoever he wants to represent. As long as it will do some good. if just a life can be saved from this then it is a worthwhile pursuit.

So much sense in all u wrote here....you will conspicuously see the minds of our young nigerians tru nairaland threads and it shows doom, chaos and complete hatred for one another. When will this people learn that we hav to see beyond tribal sentiments and appreciate one another

Its a pity cos I see no bright future in all dis.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Okijajuju1(m): 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
SmileGirl: .
Where were u when dis same old Yoruba man was investigating d federal govt on oil reserves? U were enjoyin ur sleep rite? Dis man brot a report dat over 500 million naira are bn embezzled by d govt yearly on Jan 15th 2012. U especially, wat hav u done 4 Nigeria? U are so tribalistic, yet u open ur mouth 2 tarnish Pastors wen ur heart is not clean

How did his report affect the pump price of PMS?!

-Who sent him message in the first place?

- Abeg drex go far jor..

You see person wey busy body dey worry, you dey talk about oil reserve..

Until the day this guy go watch 'LEONART ANTI-MALARIA' advert, get inspiration decide to sue Mosquitoes to court for spreading Malaria, na ehn una go tie am rope carry am go meet T.B Joshua for prayers..
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by bankyman(m): 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
Surely there are so many things wrong with Nigeria, If a man decides to tackle one help and encourage him, even when there are mistakes you can correct him, it will help u too. Don't feel too aggrieved by one issue and frown at someone trying to solve another. Where are our common sense? Every tribe has its own issue, don't think its the only issue. we need to start seeing and thinking objectively. The man wants to do something, all he needs is that little help from us all. Come to think of it, the difference between the ordinary and the extraordinary is that extra. The same extra hand I ask you lend a brother!!!!
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by tunnytox(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2012

Jobless otimpku..

Coming from someone who claimed to live in Canada and have Canadian citizenship? Even an immigrant cleaner living in any western country will give a better reply than an irredeemable tribalistic bigot like you.
Employer are responsible for the acts of their employees especially in the course of discharging their duty, also there is something called corporate social responsibility.
Falana is 100% on point.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
ogsmith: Wo, this doesn't make sense. So wld he want to sue NBC for accidents involving coke trucks.

So you do coke?
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by CuntDestroyer: 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
semid4lyfe: Lagos lawyer and human rights activist, Mr Femi Falana (SAN), has threatened a legal action against the Dangote Group of Companies, owned by the billionaire business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, over alleged infringement on peoples’ rights.

While Falana disclosed that Dangote’s companies would be sued for the alleged killings of innocent Nigerians in various accidents across the country, he added that oil companies would be sued for not paying compensations to some communities where they operate.

Addressing journalists in his home town, Ilawe-Ekiti in Ekiti State at the weekend, Falana expressed disappointment on how the Dangote’s trucks have been killing innocent Nigerians on the highways without a challenge from the Federal Government.

He frowned at the way the company would deny the families of the victims adequate compensations, after killing their bread winners, describing it as a flagrant abuse of the peoples’ rights.

“It is no gain saying that Dangote companies have killed many innocent Nigerians across the country in one accident or the other.

I don’t have any grudge against any company plying its trade in Nigeria, but you cannot kill any human being and go scot free without paying compensations,” he said.

“We have received series of complaints from Nigerians about how their families are being cheated by some of these companies after their beloved ones had been killed.

“We will no longer tolerate this and steps must be taken to ensure that such families are compensated,” Falana said.

He said a team of lawyers, headed by himself and former President of Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Mr. Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) is currently fine-tuning arrangements on these barrage of litigations , which he said were intended to correct some perceived social-ills in the country.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=46646

see this ambulance chaser. why not go for the independent trailer drivers, I guess with Dangote that's where the money is.
everyday they show you who they truly are.

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by ORAFA(m): 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2012

Mr Man u are the most foolish Nigerian. I think u should be recognised by Guiness World Records. D worst accidents in my town GBOKO, where his cement company is sited, are by his trucks. Worst still, they wont stop or go tn the Police. They phucking run away. Can u imagine how u'll feel if one of his trucks crushes ur brother's body such dat u cant recognise him, and d truck driver runs off? Haba bros, u be human being so abi u be cartoon character? No talk lyk dat again o, e no gud. Take correction. Dangote owns the trucks and his drivers(so long they work for him). Femi and Co nice BOLD step. NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT AND BETTER.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by MadCow1: 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
GARRI (x7):

^^^^^^^
Your FOOLISHNESS is LEGENDARY.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

looooooooooool... See as you don make okro soup stain my white T.M Lewin shirt..
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by princesaton: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
How long with the poor be oppress in this country, since on the 27th of August this so called Dangote truck hit my Nissan Maxima 2005 model from behind and badly damage and the driver ran away, but with the help of police we catch he, both the truck and my car were taking to adesuwa police division by area command sapele road Benin city. till now my car have not be fix, and they send letter from above to release the truck and the goods, and its has be release by the IPO.. what should i have to do? I feel so oppress. God with us prince.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project / EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal / IPC Releases Documented 2019 Campaign Promises Of President Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.