Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Coming To Luxembourg - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coming To Luxembourg (9363 Views)

Anyone Been To Luxembourg? / Travelling To Luxembourg As A Student / Travelling To Luxembourg For Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coming To Luxembourg by rafcrown(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2012
Need good info from nice Nigerians living in Luxembourg.
One way ticket to Luxembourg and the best airline for the region or can one make it Lagos to Belgium then train to LUX.
Areas where one can settle with kids-cheap accommodation 2/3 bedrooms at reasonable price below 1000euro.
Good areas where one can meet fellow Nigerians.
Any suggestions for a new comer -EU citizen and children welfare(language and schooling)
Your candid views and opinions will be well appreciated.
Planning brief visit before Dec to see the place.

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Luxembourg by unipol(m): 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
tell us the detail about your journey. are you going for a visit. how long do you intend to stay. how many of you? just know that it is a very small country with no unemployment rate. but you presence will be noticed upon your arrival because of the small population of the country. so hold you document complete before going there.
Re: Coming To Luxembourg by rafcrown(m): 5:35am On Oct 23, 2012
@UNIPOL.Thanks for the reply.I wish to come wife a wife and 3 children.They will come come as a family member of EU citizen.I am applying for long term visa for them.I am a British passport holder and they ll come in with genuine ,well processed papers.I was thinking that getting a job there may be difficult.I have been a permanent full time worker in the Uk for a long time .I have searched online for information about the small neat country.I LL APPRECIATE YOUR GUIDANCE.
Re: Coming To Luxembourg by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2012
I like this country.. Do they speak English there?
Re: Coming To Luxembourg by samally: 10:01am On Oct 23, 2012
rafcrown: @UNIPOL.Thanks for the reply.I wish to come wife a wife and 3 children.They will come come as a family member of EU citizen.I am applying for long term visa for them.I am a British passport holder and they ll come in with genuine ,well processed papers.I was thinking that getting a job there may be difficult.I have been a permanent full time worker in the Uk for a long time .I have searched online for information about the small neat country.I LL APPRECIATE YOUR GUIDANCE. email if necessary . rafcrownus@yahoo.com

Morning,
Please, can you give me a clue in how to acquire luxembourg visa...am from Nigeria and I reside in Kano..
Thx for Share
Re: Coming To Luxembourg by koolmd: 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
samally:

Morning,
Please, can you give me a clue in how to acquire luxembourg visa...am from Nigeria and I reside in Kano..
Thx for Share

Belgium embassy issues Luxemburg visa in Nigeria. go to http://www.vfsglobal-be-ng.com/ and you will get the info you need.

1 Like

Re: Coming To Luxembourg by incredibleindia: 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
ofcourse luxembourgers speak english fluently ...it is a mandatory for all primary schools to teach english ,when it comes to the cost of living , its pretty high but as far as my friends say you can make a cozy living with 600-700 euros with university accomodation., there are numerous job vacancies but you are only allowed to work for 10h/wk if you are a third country national but you can find a number of cash in hand jobs which may pay less than that of minimum wage(10euroes) but working extra hours will help you make a better living.
Re: Coming To Luxembourg by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
incredibleindia: ofcourse luxembourgers speak english fluently ...it is a mandatory for all primary schools to teach english ,when it comes to the cost of living , its pretty high but as far as my friends say you can make a cozy living with 600-700 euros with university accomodation., there are numerous job vacancies but you are only allowed to work for 10h/wk if you are a third country national but you can find a number of cash in hand jobs which may pay less than that of minimum wage(10euroes) but working extra hours will help you make a better living.
How is their universities there? What are the criteria to apply?
Re: Coming To Luxembourg by incredibleindia: 12:42am On Apr 01, 2013
fados4sure:
How is their universities there? What are the criteria to apply?

www.uni.lu is famous university in luxembourg and around the world, and youll find a number of courses there, but only problem here is extra admission procedure for nigerians.apart from University of luxembourg , there is also university of sacred heart which i think has less stricter admission criteria.
Re: Coming To Luxembourg by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2013
incredibleindia:

www.uni.lu is famous university in luxembourg and around the world, and youll find a number of courses there, but only problem here is extra admission procedure for nigerians.apart from University of luxembourg , there is also university of sacred heart which i think has less stricter admission criteria.
Thanks
Re: Coming To Luxembourg by bellerin0999: 9:02am On May 27, 2016
Hello Gud morning friend Hw is Luxembourg if I may ask

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Quality Gold In Lagos Or Naija / Help !! How Can I Get To "Jibowu" / Need List Of Visa Free Countries In Europe And Asia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.