Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,415 members, 7,846,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? (10258 Views)

Tompolo’s Battleships May Be Turned Against Itsekiri – Group / Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF / Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by ebosed: 8:54am On Oct 25, 2012
ACN failed in ondo bicos the nigerians of all tribes in ondo are not just educated but knowledgable.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by PastorOla1: 9:18am On Oct 25, 2012
One man business don't last,
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Demdem(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2012
thelastPope:

Hahahahahaha! You are speaking for ACN, not for Yoruba. Yorubas spoke on saturday just like they spoke last year elections and their voice is loud and clear: ACN does not command their full support! Keep spewing your propaganda and falsehood there! Nobody buys that anymore! Funny chap!

foool, whats the percentage of Yoruba's living in Ondo? How does that equate to "Yoruba" as in all? because an election was lost to an incumbent, u all think thats the end. iidiot.
The truth is anything good but the killer party is acceptable to the Yorubas. thats a fact.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Demdem(m): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2012
Johndoe100:

Emmm... Gbawe was on the other thread pushing the begging bowl that you errr.. Yoruba have been placing in front of GEJ for more oyel money as Lagos is a "special case". You want our money but don't want to associate with us? Typical. But you know Yoruba people are like that.

u arent making sense. the moment the Retardeen agrees to true federation and works towards it whereby all regions/states are allowed to govern over all their resources, no-one will be going to Abuja. infact thats what we all want except the killer party headed by the Retardeen. instead, we all will be donating to Abuja. What is going on right now is unfortunately constitutional and is in order
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Demdem(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2012
dayokanu: And coincidentally the people crying more than the bereaved are not even SW people.

Tide turned against ACN when they have control of 5 out of 6 states?

Mor0ns are born not made

i pity their parents.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Demdem(m): 9:32am On Oct 25, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

PDP and LP are the same.

Am watching closely but not yet convinced.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by gregg2: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2012
Tinubu, Ikufuroji, Aregbe, Achike Udenwa, Lie Muhammed etc are big liabilities.
Fashola and Oshio are the only leading lights in ACN.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by gonon: 9:43am On Oct 25, 2012
Desola:

I agree with the emboldened. My point however is for you, the outsiders, not to mistake the decision of the Ondo people as a rejection of the ACN. The Ondo people merely found a formulae that works for them and decided to stick with it. Why fix it if it isn't broken. Nevertheless, a close watch must be kept on Mimiko this second term as I see a potential of becoming autocratic and perhaps even more power drunk than Tinubu (to my Yoruba kiths and kins of course).

Could we, for a moment, listen to ourselves!!! Yoruba dis, Yoruba that, please!!! We r all in d same boat. ACN, PDP, CPC, ANPP, LP, JP, APGA, PPA, HIV, DSTV etc are all the same. If u think am spewing crap like d rest of u, ask urself wat d above parties ideologies r? Wat makes dem different from d other? Nothing!!!! Bloody politicians still using the divide and conquer scheme to deceive Nigerians and we swallow it hook and sinker. Come to Transcorp Hiltop and see all of dem popping champagne privately...
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by favouryemmy: 10:30am On Oct 25, 2012
Desola: Awon oloshi! Ariwo igo lo ma pa alaicewater yin. Yorubas are not crying, wailing or complaining about the ACN but this moraeffing okoros who just want the downfall of the Yoruba nation by all means would always cry more than the bereaved. Kilode?

How has ACN been rejected? That Ondo remains in the hands of the incumbent government now equates to a gallant loss to the ACN? Una be toys? Una brains dey work at all? Yes, ACN has its faults and perhaps have been falling in and out of slumber but to compare them to the evil PDP party is just madness!

Tinubu, as bad as he may be perceived, is a necessary evil at this time in the history of Nigerian politics. All i'm concerned about is seeing stellar performance from the ACN governors to seal a final nail in the coffin of the evil PDP and for Labour to surpass its achievements in Ondo.

Whichever way you look at it, the Yorubas would no longer be part of your stupid Nigerian politics, we would decide the best leaders for ourselves and be rest assured that PDP's days in the west are over for good! If you like, dance over your moonlight fire, the recent development in Ondo just proves to the whole world that the Yorubas are a cut above all other rubbish ethnic groups in Nigeria and we should never have been lumped with you di.ckheads in the first place.
Madam, dont turn every thing in this forum to a tribal issue. I am a yoruba man, and I know that some of the things these people have posted are true. C'mon be more civilized.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Akosbaba(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2012
Why can't these anti-ACN pple just see dat Mimiko was re elected on the basis of his performance and that the current ACN governors are there cos they are probably the best candidates each state has to offer.if any lesson can be learned from SW politics it is that the pple vote for who they deem fit not because of Tinubu or whoever
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Akosbaba(m): 10:40am On Oct 25, 2012
gonon:

Could we, for a moment, listen to ourselves!!! Yoruba dis, Yoruba that, please!!! We r all in d same boat. ACN, PDP, CPC, ANPP, LP, JP, APGA, PPA, HIV, DSTV etc are all the same. If u think am spewing crap like d rest of u, ask urself wat d above parties ideologies r? Wat makes dem different from d other? Nothing!!!! Bloody politicians still using the divide and conquer scheme to deceive Nigerians and we swallow it hook and sinker. Come to Transcorp Hiltop and see all of dem popping champagne privately...
I swear DSTV na I'm worst pass,dose ones dey enjoy monopoly for federal level unlike the others
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Akosbaba(m): 10:44am On Oct 25, 2012
Demdem:

Am watching closely but not yet convinced.
then u should look closer.there have numerous rumours abt GEJ and Iroko meeting seceretly several times in the past year.but they are rumours sha even though there is a truth in every rumour
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Gbawe: 10:50am On Oct 25, 2012
Akosbaba: [b]Why can't these anti-ACN pple just see dat Mimiko was re elected on the basis of his performance and that the current ACN governors are there cos they are probably the best candidates each state has to offer.[/b]if any lesson can be learned from SW politics it is that the pple vote for who they deem fit not because of Tinubu or whoever

Indeed. It is also a display of hypocrisy and a predilection for focusing on the negative when we did not see anyone credit Oshiomhole's landslide win to an ascendancy/strengthening of the ACN. Yet we now hear the Party is on the way down because of the Ondo result alone with no credit given for other overwhelming gubernatorial electoral win that happened recently.

The way some people reason inconsistently makes me worry about how their lives must suffer from their emotional approach to life that ignores fact and logic. Oshiomhole and Mimiko's win only demonstrate one thing: perform and you will be supported. Nothing more nothing less.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by charles424(m): 10:55am On Oct 25, 2012
nifemi01: Cos pple have now realised that instead of being the opposition party, they are just another imposition party.

YES....ACN will loose other states in SW...come next election,people thought they will be better than PDP but alas they are nothing to write home about,their Govs are killing the party with their senseless policy,nobody will wake up in the morning and said yes I want to die today,upon all fashola achievement he has rubbish it with the ban on okada riders in lagos,where do many of dem go from there nw?likewise in oyo state,just breaking the bridges without finishing up till now,arrogating the governance to himself and his wife,the commissioners are religated to ordinary office sitters.The party members are all complaining...they really fuckup to peoples expectations,ACN is family party..nothing short of that,e.g in osun state,chief Bisi akande,s daughter as health commissioner,oyo state Lam Adeshina's son as sport commissioner..I don tire oooo...how many river do we have to cross before we get to promise land?(Yoruba ni ta ba fun ashiwere loko,odo ara re ni yio roko si)we say @PDP no good,run to ACN now see what they are doing..change is gradual not just at once...richers are getting richer and the poorers are getting poorers.which way nigeria
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by 2mch(m): 11:01am On Oct 25, 2012
Okada riders should have been banned a very long time ago. If they are suffering, let them face the pdp led incompetent government who eat N1b of food in a year. They can form a protest to stone the NASS. PDP is dead in the SW, hold onto your dying light. Soon you will only have 3-4 SS states.LMAO
charles424:

YES....ACN will loose other states in SW...come next election,people thought they will be better than PDP but alas they are nothing to write home about,their Govs are killing the party with their senseless policy,nobody will wake up in the morning and said yes I want to die today,upon all fashola achievement he has rubbish it with the ban on okada riders in lagos,where do many of dem go from there nw?likewise in oyo state,just breaking the bridges without finishing up till now,arrogating the governance to himself and his wife,the commissioners are religated to ordinary office sitters.The party members are all complaining...they really fuckup to peoples expectations,ACN is family party..nothing short of that,e.g in osun state,chief Bisi akande,s daughter as health commissioner,oyo state Lam Adeshina's son as sport commissioner..I don tire oooo...how many river do we have to cross before we get to promise land?(Yoruba ni ta ba fun ashiwere loko,odo ara re ni yio roko si)we say @PDP no good,run to ACN now see what they are doing..change is gradual not just at once...richers are getting richer and the poorers are getting poorers.which way nigeria
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2012
Desola: Awon oloshi! Ariwo igo lo ma pa alaicewater yin. Yorubas are not crying, wailing or complaining about the ACN but this moraeffing okoros who just want the downfall of the Yoruba nation by all means would always cry more than the bereaved. Kilode?

How has ACN been rejected? That Ondo remains in the hands of the incumbent government now equates to a gallant loss to the ACN? Una be toys? Una brains dey work at all? Yes, ACN has its faults and perhaps have been falling in and out of slumber but to compare them to the evil PDP party is just madness!

Tinubu, as bad as he may be perceived, is a necessary evil at this time in the history of Nigerian politics. All i'm concerned about is seeing stellar performance from the ACN governors to seal a final nail in the coffin of the evil PDP and for Labour to surpass its achievements in Ondo.
Whichever way you look at it, the Yorubas would no longer be part of your stupid Nigerian politics, we would decide the best leaders for ourselves and be rest assured that PDP's days in the west are over for good! If you like, dance over your moonlight fire, the recent development in Ondo just proves to the whole world that the Yorubas are a cut above all other rubbish ethnic groups in Nigeria and we should never have been lumped with you di.ckheads in the first place.

You must be living in some Utopian fantasy land to think we(Yoruba) are so special. How special can u be when u allow one man to hand pick candidates for all the elective positions in an entire region and you still vote for them! A man we all know has a fake certificate, stole and continues to steal massive amounts of money from the commonwealth. Which performance? Lagos is a massive slum and so are most of the cities in the south west. ACN has been in power long enough to make an impact. What impact have they made? non. Like PDP, nothing special has happened. It's business has usual but under the supervision of a very greedy ojuyobo and co. ACN is worse than PDP. PDP don't pretend to be holy or hide under anybody's(AWO) shadow/philosophy to perpetuate themselves in power. In short, they (PDP/ACN) are all criminals who should be in jail. Also, these other tribes whom you are insulting have played a huge role in the development of the s/w and deserve some respect. Not you spewing invectives and balderdash here. Keyboard warrior....
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by truth4meal(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2012
I knw most pple skip maths class in sec but logically when did 1\6 of 6 become a change in tide? For all i care anything but PDP is gud for the west
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
Cokeroo:

You must be living in some Utopian fantasy land to think we(Yoruba) are so special. How special can u be when u allow one man to hand pick candidates for all the elective positions in an entire region and you still vote for them! A man we all know has a fake certificate, stole and continues to steal massive amounts of money from the commonwealth. Which performance? Lagos is a massive slum and so are most of the cities in the south west. ACN has been in power long enough to make an impact. What impact have they made? non. Like PDP, nothing special has happened. It's business has usual but under the supervision of a very greedy ojuyobo and co. ACN is worse than PDP. PDP don't pretend to be holy or hide under anybody's(AWO) shadow/philosophy to perpetuate themselves in power. In short, they (PDP/ACN) are all criminals who should be in jail. Also, these other tribes whom you are insulting have played a huge role in the development of the s/w and deserve some respect. Not you spewing invectives and balderdash here. Keyboard warrior....
God bless you bro. With your likes, Nigeria has hope. I have stayed in Lagos and even had my pre- university education there why it sucks to see people spew tribal hate on NL. This has become too common with yorubas especially those that sympathize with ACN and their ibo comterpart who tribalise every little argument Some people ain't enlightened enough. Going to the university and coming here to speak vocabulary isn't enough pre-requisite for sound education. I think alot of folks lack informal education and public relations here.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by topazjosh(m): 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
For me personally o,I ll keep voting base on performance and personality,though may ignore any body no matter who he or she is ,if pdp present the candidate but that doesn't affect the presidential candidate,we pple xpet much 4rm a c n but na story we dey hear,still beta than pdp tho,where is accord,apga,anpp,cpc let them come out with their candidates now that we have lp together with a c n and pdp nigeria can become a place of pride,that's ondo state motto,with those political parties sharing all the36 states there will be competition,pdp may still hold that presidential position for sometime though no one can actually predict nigeria political game.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by miqos02(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
ACN does too much propaganda Tinubu and LIE Mohammed at the forefront
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by uzoexcel(m): 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
Desola:

You are judging me based on observation; a trend as you have adduced but you were quick to conclude that I am a diasporan even though you have no cogent proof? Until you can prove beyond reasonable doubt, then your assertion remains a fallacy.

As per your thesis on what constitutes a diasporan, I couldn't help but chuckle because I see a trait that I see in most ibo people which is that they know virtually nothing but open their mouths without engaging their brains and spew absolute crap! Am I right in my observation of the ibos?
. U r a big disappointment and embarrasment to ur people....I'm nt a strong xtian bt I think on d last day some of u so-called churchied wud b in a hotter part of hell than me....wtf s wrong wid u nigerians who claim to b religion people but can't remove d veil of tribalism in ur fu*cked up eyes...I'm Sure most of u think that on d last day,God ll judge u tribe by tribe...ehn
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Demdem(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
Akosbaba: then u should look closer.there have numerous rumours abt GEJ and Iroko meeting seceretly several times in the past year.but they are rumours sha even though there is a truth in every rumour

Didnt the Retardeen send a presidential craft to lagos to pick up Asiwaju for talks in Abuja? The retardeen has also severally met with fashola. Thess ones arent even a rumour. Does that mean ACN has automatically become PDP
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by barikay: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
ACN critises alot
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by uzoexcel(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
Cokeroo:

. 9ce 1 bro though I disagree wid ur lagos comments....in my opinion lagos is hw it s because of d failure of almost all governors in making their states 'work'...every graduate,jobless person,skilled/unskilled labourer wakes up 1 morning and wantz to come to lagos to husslee.e.g my state imo state has 4 federal institutions I.e futo,imsu,fedpolynekede and alvan and we produce tens of thousands of graduatesut of which 70% will end up lukn for job..hausas come in2 lagos in droves crashn wid their fellow aboki/mallam and soon later pick up a bike and start hussling their way thru..lagos s overpopulated....lagos s choked up and if any of the other 36govs Were to be in charge of lasgidi,we 4 seriously h hear am....imagine a Theodore orji/wammakko/(all examples)as the governor of lag and u start to get d picture..fashola in my opinion contends wwith factors that none of d 36govs will ever face...
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
People dont hate ACN, people hate everything that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu represents. cos he is a tactical fraud, milking everyone in Lagos and having a laid down plan to depopulate Lagos, a script, that he has initiated Fashola to act.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Aderostock(m): 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2012
Why is the thread generatimg so much commotions and mis-interpretations?
Lets analyse these governments of ACN and PDP
Lets start by comparing best ACN Governor with PDP, folks will like to choose
Fashola(ACN) and Akpabio(PDP)
Oshiomole vs Amaechi
Aregbesola vs Lamido
Ekiti Gov. Vs Ebonyi Gov.

Lets roll it with facts and evidence suchas pic,links or source
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by sokera: 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
Very funny I cant laugh, so becos ACN lost ondo state election means the tide is against ACN... You are a big fool... ACN is still in control ... We can say it anywhere in this nation that south-west is leading ,haters jst are just jealous of the development in the region, South- west especially Lagos will continue to accommodate you haters. Haters knw demself . What good has that foolish president done to the nation? Nothing ...if you want to argue jst tell me jst one good tin badluck jona has done for this country... Foolish ppl. Thank God for ACN..
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Aderostock(m): 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
uzoexcel: . 9ce 1 bro though I disagree wid ur lagos comments....in my opinion lagos is hw it s because of d failure of almost all governors in making their states 'work'...every graduate,jobless person,skilled/unskilled labourer wakes up 1 morning and wantz to come to lagos to husslee.e.g my state imo state has 4 federal institutions I.e futo,imsu,fedpolynekede and alvan and we produce tens of thousands of graduatesut of which 70% will end up lukn for job..hausas come in2 lagos in droves crashn wid their fellow aboki/mallam and soon later pick up a bike and start hussling their way thru..lagos s overpopulated....lagos s choked up and if any of the other 36govs Were to be in charge of lasgidi,we 4 seriously h hear am....imagine a Theodore orji/wammakko/(all examples)as the governor of lag and u start to get d picture..fashola in my opinion contends wwith factors that none of d 36govs will ever face...
U have said it all! It pains them to read the truth
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by takedat(m): 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2012
Billyonaire: People dont hate ACN, people hate everything that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu represents. cos he is a tactical fraud, milking everyone in Lagos and having a laid down plan to depopulate Lagos, a script, that he has initiated Fashola to act.
What do you mean by "having a laid down plan to depopulate Lagos"?
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
take dat: What do you mean by "having a laid down plan to depopulate Lagos"?
Well, this is not conspiracy theory. Demolition of slumps, deportation of destitute to Ogun State and Anambra States etc., banning of Okada, cleansing of the beaches of illegal occupants, increments of tenement rates, and more to come are tactical laid down plan to depopulate Lagos and make it an expensive world class city, its a covet operation to fulfill the Lagos masterplan. VIO and Lastma are already working unknowingly to restore this plan. Does anyone care to know how VIO was established and who initiated the plan. Ikoyi, VI and most of Lekki areas are already reflecting that possibility. VI is usually a sweet ghost City after working hours and weekends. This is how Lagos should be, so the elites can be able to drive around in Lambo, Ferrari, Maybach etc without being scratched by Okada or mopped. I live in the axis and I know what the elites say about not being free to drive around in a phantom Rolce Royce cos of okada, keke napep, truck pushers,etc except in the nights and weekends. You will see more of these cleansing coming to fore. With ACN in place, Lagos will remain in the hands of the powers that be. Which is anti-poor. So the poor keeps resenting ACN cos it has come to represent class war covet operation speerheaded by Tinubu, the Lion of Bourdillon. Take Tinubu out of the equation, people will still love ACN. And I am sure, that will be the next step to maintain the status quo.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by sasview: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
luvinhubby: The godfatherism factor of Tinubu is the Achilles heels of ACN, the strongest pillar of democracy is internal (party) democracy, where the party members are allowed to elect an individual that should best represent the party`s idealogy and philosophy so as to implement the party manifesto to the greater good of the society. But in ACN case you find a situation where Tinubu singlehandedly picks the candidate for every election and imposes him on the other party members without any form of primaries. Bisi Akande and Tinubu has been the national chairman and national leader of the party in the last 7 yrs without an election, even PDP has a better semblance of internal democracy . You can`t have subtle dictatorship in the name of Democracy for too long, Nigerian are getting wiser by the day.

The selection process of ACN may be better than internal democracy of PDP considering the fact that highest bidder emerges as the party standard bearer the more you offer the delegates the brighter your chance of emerging a candidate that is why the drug barons find their way to the political offices, in most cases there are anointed candidate who will eventually emerge as a candidate but only to be endorse by novelty primary (this makes everyone predict with high precision the outcome of their primaries), if such candidate does not win the party resort in outright imposition (reference to lagos and river state in 2007) given a critical look at ACN selection process you will see that it gives them advantage of presenting a more credible candidate than PDP.

p.s: it is same selection process that produce fashola and oshiomole that have become reference points today.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by JANK23H(m): 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2012

Other rubbish ethnic group like who?.It is people like you that make other ethnic group hate yorubas,with this 'we are superior' mentality.You've displayed your ignorance in the full glare of the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IG Deploys Very Senior Officers To States Ahead Of Saturday's Elections. / FG Takes 20% Equity In Abia Economic City, Says Ikpeazu. / Dasuki Loses Bid To Stop His Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.