Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,333 members, 7,957,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? (2508 Views)

Poll: Should Prof iwu be Arrested immediately ?

Yes: 66% (24 votes)
No: 19% (7 votes)
Maybe later: 13% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Governor Fayose Must Be Arrested Immediately!!! / This Guy Should Be Found And Arrested Immediately / Ex INEC Boss, Iwu's Daughter In NYSC Certificate Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by Jairzinho(m): 3:57pm On Jan 25, 2008
[center]AT PLENARY SESSION OF THE NAIRALAND HOUSE OF SENSIBLE REPRESENTATIVES
MOTION SPONSORED BY HON.JAIRZINHO REPRESENTING THE LAGOS MAINLAND CONSTITUENCY
[/center]

[center]MOTION:THAT THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE BE COMPELLED TO EFFECT THE IMMEDIATE ARREST OF PROFESSOR MAURICE M. IWU[/center]

1. Whereas Prof Maurice  Mmaduakolam Iwu was appointed by this honourable house to head the INEC in fulfilment of Part 1 of the 3rd schedule of the 1999 Constitution

2. Whereas Prof Iwu was given all necessary backing including but not limited to adquate budgetary provisions to carry out the April 2007 elections into various legislative and executive positions which had become vacant as prescribed by the relevant sections of the constitution.

3.Whereas he took up the role of CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER for the said elections.

4.Whereas the view of the generality of the electorate ,Judiciary,civil society groups,election monitors and observers was that the election was hugely flawed and massively rigged.

5.Whereas many hitherto qualified aspirants for political positions were disenfranchised due to deliberate negligence on the part of INEC(e.g Atiku,Jim Agbaje,Audu just to mention a few)

6. Whereas governorship elections in some states have been cancelled by duly constituted election tribunals due largely to INEC failings (i.e Adamawa,Anambra,Kogi,Sokoto,Enugu with more being expected)

7.Whereas the same tribunals have ordered re-runs in innumerable legislative elections at various levels within the country due largely to ineptitude of INEC

8.Whereas the INEC chairman has been quoted at various fora as having boasted that the April 2007 elections were credible.

9.Whereas the country could have been thrown into the kind of chaos currently experienced in Kenya but for the extremely spiritual vigilance and tolerant nature of Nigerians.

10.Whereas up until this very moment the President and Commander in Chief of the Nigerian Armed forces cannot seat comfortably in his office nor sleep too deep at night because his own election is still a subject of a likely judicial overturn.

Having considered the above and praying that this honourable  house give it due consideration and necessary concurrence, I HON. JAIRZINHO hereby move that :

PROFESSOR MAURICE MMADUAKOLAM IWU BE ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY FOR TREASONALE FELONY AND ATTEMPT TO SUBVERT THE CONSTITUTION.

I SO MOVE. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Please vote & contribute,this is SERIOUS !!
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by tosinadeda: 4:04pm On Jan 25, 2008
I hon tosinadeda,2nds that motion
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by yeancah007(f): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2008
I concur
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by tosinadeda: 6:41pm On Jan 25, 2008
All those in favour say hi

yinka u don get enuf husbands 4 music thread o!
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by toshmann(m): 7:11pm On Jan 25, 2008
I,hon. Toshmann Nwa Mama, of Umumkpi,Umuotele, Amaumuoma in Isiala Mbano Federal Constituency do hereby give my unadulterated,unalloyed, untainted support fot the motion cheesy
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by bibiking1(m): 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2008
will this ranting change anything?
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by Jairzinho(m): 10:22pm On Jan 25, 2008
Just vote/comment and lets see how far it'll go
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by yeancah007(f): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2008
tosinadeda:

All those in favour say hi
yinka u don get enough husbands 4 music thread o!

Say 'aye'.

Many thanks tosin,just checked your profile,u must be getting enuf female attention urself,see u around kiss
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by amsky(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2008
:-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by Jairzinho(m): 11:32am On Jan 28, 2008
Please lets vote & possibly turn this to some sort of online protest  wink
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 28, 2008
Aye
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by yemmight(m): 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2008
Aye
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by omofineboy(m): 1:17pm On Jan 28, 2008
This honourable house should consider this ammendment to the motion in consideration: That after Prof Iwu has been arrested he should be prosecuted for not complying with the provisions of Electoral Laws of 2006.
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by gbolah1(m): 2:02pm On Jan 28, 2008
Am in full support of the motion and i believed that integrity people in the house will takes it all
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by ndubest(m): 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2008
House member naa waaaaoooooo wink wink wink

Which constitution are you relying on to arrest Iwu IMMEDIATELY shocked shocked shocked

the last time i checked the 1999 constitution, its only a competent court of law that issues arrest warrant, which is based on charges leveled against the accused.

When did the house start making law and enforcing it cheesy cheesy cheesy

Honorable members please read your constitution again and act accordingly
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2008
ndubest:

House member naa waaaaoooooo wink wink wink

Which constitution are you relying on to arrest Iwu IMMEDIATELY shocked shocked shocked

the last time i checked the 1999 constitution, its only a competent court of law that issues arrest warrant, which is based on charges leveled against the accused.

When did the house start making law and enforcing it cheesy cheesy cheesy

Honorable members please read your constitution again and act accordingly
Allo us to dream and have our fun, ejo, Infact another Aye, Iwu Ma lo
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by sagitarius(m): 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2008
I, Hon. Mark sagitarius say AYE. I hereby concure
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by Jairzinho(m): 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2008
Me sef add anoda 'AYE',the man na national security problem. cry cry
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by fatherab1: 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2008
OBJECTION MR PRESIDENT!
Prof Iwu was under the influence of Gen Obasanjo with sabotage from Ribadu. These 2 must be HANGED 2gether with Iwu not just arrested for causing this nation undue anarchy with attendant RIGGINGS, KILLINGS and LOOTINGS all in the name of producing voting materials that were never used.
I rest my case!
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by Jairzinho(m): 10:07am On Jan 31, 2008
Could you knidly move that via a counter motion according to the rules of this honourable house or vote against the subsisting motion ? angry
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 01, 2008
lets spare him to round up his presentations at the tribunals
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by Jairzinho(m): 9:09am On Feb 05, 2008
The man has been a disaster,my problem with him is that he keeps giving the impression all is well,na wa o !
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by ndelta1(m): 9:21am On Feb 05, 2008
I HON. PETE OMOJAIFOH AIKHENOMIAN, REPRESENTING THE NIGER-DELTA VOICELESS,

SAY I HAMMER AND NAIL THE MOTION,

COMMOT!!!!
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by youngies(m): 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2008
I Hon. Youngies Omenife Ofiafuluego duly elected by the people by the grace of god representing the good people of Amac Federal Constituency do plead with this honourable House to step down this motion and refer it to the apropriate House Committee for proper and thorough investigation and public hearing.

I will make my submission which may cause more tusnami than the Etegate when the House Commitee is consituted.
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by fatherab1: 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2008
I HON ABFATHER WISH TO NOTIFY THIS HOUSE THAT PROF IWU LIED UNDER OATH TO ATIKU'S 29 QUESTIONS.
AFTER OPENLY TELLING NIGERIANS HE PRODUCED THE BALLOT PAPERS IN SOUTH-AFRICA, HE TOLD THE COURT THAT IT WAS IN NIGERIA THEY WERE PRODUCED. HE AND HIS COLLABORATORS MUST BE HANGED TO INSTILL FEAR IS FUTURE ELECTION UMPIRES.
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by yeancah007(f): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2008
Arrest him immediately !!! sad angry angry
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by gbolah1(m): 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2008
Not only to be arrest he most be prosecute for coursing mayhem in the country since last election
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by vowiski(m): 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2008
no comment
reason: DUMB.
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by donjazzie(m): 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2008
Aye
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by johnie: 1:15pm On Apr 05, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by jamace(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2011
Wetin little johnie dey look for inside dis Methusellah Thread? angry
Re: Prof Iwu To Be Arrested Immediately ? by Nicklee(m): 5:05am On Apr 06, 2011
Aye (even though I am many light years late in the vote)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Abroad To Establish N9bn Car Assembly Plants / Our Diversity Should Be Our Source Of Strength, Says Fashola / Senator Pius Ewerido Refuses To Pay Ex Millitant Gen Israel Akpodoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.