Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? (5283 Views)

5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion / Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? / Will The World Had Been A Better Place Without Religion? Your Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
mkmyers45: Duh, Incase freethinking hasn't showed you MANY depend on Religion just like an addict on crack..take that away and unleash hell

Really? So those people cant be educated?
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by DrGboy(m): 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

Have you read the Quran? Do you believe its a myth?

Haave you read the book of mormon? Do you believe its a myth?

Have you read the book of the dead? Do you believ its a myth?

Why is it that one's religion is not a myth? But others are not true?
ok, here is d fact, every1 has a freedom to believe in any religion,but here is the point: no other religion has ever been backed up by death except christianity.
Simple.
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

ok, here is d fact, every1 has a freedom to believe in any religion,but here is the point: no other religion has ever been backed up by death except christianity.
Simple.

How is death a good thing? Your christianity sounds like a cult

Can explain what you mean by death?

1 Like

Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by DrGboy(m): 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

How is death a good thing? Your christianity sounds like a cult

Can explain what you mean by death?
death as in Jesus christ died on a cross to prove his love ,belief and for d convinction of sin.
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

death as in Jesus christ died on a cross to prove his love ,belief and for d convinction of sin.

Rational people would call that suicide by assisted crucifixion.

Jesus knew of his betrayal and impending cricifixion.

1 Like

Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

ok, here is d fact, every1 has a freedom to believe in any religion,but here is the point: [b]no other religion has ever been backed up by death except christianity.
[/b]Simple.

God, these colonial powers have a lot to answer for in the brainwashing of our citizens. sad So you know what the thousands of religions in the world preach about? Who backed this death you're talking about exactly? You mean the shepherd tales you read in your bible book of myths?

Why couldn't these colonialsits just get on with their exploitative business in this country without lobotomizing our ancestors too. We're really a mentally enslaved people and hearing religious people (particularly christians) talk puts me in despair. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
Shows how weak the human specie is. EASILY BRAIN WASHED!
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by afroxyz: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
If we say religion is not needed, I concur. Man does not need religion, but spirituality. If man was as spiritual as he professes, then we would not have all the problems we are facing. You would synergize logic and faith through spirituality. My problem with the atheists is that they don't believe in any supernatural force. The truth is that the world has a spiritual side. How would you explain your soul and consciouness? Can you explain why salt water and fresh water don't mix? Study nature and you would know that life has pre-defined laws. What(or who) instituted those laws? If we are more sprititual and less religious, we would be bettter off
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by lukkie(m): 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2012
Interesting topic. Definitely, the world would be better off without religion. Religion tried to steal morality but it has failed woefully. Not with the Muslims extremists spreading hate & blowing up innocents to please God, the Xtian clergy fleecing the congregation, sodomizing little boys etc. All you need to be a good person is a conscience. It's not that complex.

And no, conscience has nothing to do with religion. The most peaceful and prosperous people in the world (Scandinavians) are the most irreligious. Meanwhile, the most wicked and backward people (Africa & Middle East) are the most religious. That's a food for thought for all of us.
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by DrGboy(m): 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

Rational people would call that suicide by assisted crucifixion.

Jesus knew of his betrayal and impending cricifixion.

Broad is d way that leads to destruction, but narrow is d way that leads to lyf....only a few people find it. u can believe in whatever u want, but here is d bitter truth smday u'll answer to ur creator. Jesus is coming soon REPENT!!!!
God bless.
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by LordBabs(m): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
mkmyers45: So religion serves no importance?
presently no! Religion has outlived its importance. It was of memorial importance during the ancient times, ere civilisation, when mortals ignominously and exorbitantly exhibit evils without restraint; a ginormous threat to social order and peaceful co-existence...e.g. continual wars, slave trade, imperialism, aggrandizement of imperia...when mortals were yet wallowing in titanic ignorance of 'common sense' and cosmic knowledge. Nowadays, the duo of science and logic have numerably co-founded common knowledge and common sense, which invariably quell the necessity of a charade called religion, originally built for the cosmic ignoramuses.

1 Like

Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

Broad is d way that leads to destruction, but narrow is d way that leads to lyf....only a few people find it. u can believe in whatever u want, but here is d bitter truth smday u'll answer to ur creator. Jesus is coming soon REPENT!!!!
God bless.

Even if Jesus does time travel back to our reality,i bet he wont be impressed by your sense of reasoning.
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
Religion has shaped mankind, imagine where humanity would be without religion.
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by lukkie(m): 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2012
Yes, religion has really shaped mankind. Most evils perpetrated in the world today are either because of money or religion, or both.
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 24, 2012
i love jesus and he loves me warts n all all,n i dont force my religion down anyones throat,i accept every one'tribe or creed,we wouldnt be better off,we'll be perverse,animalistic,and simply brutal,however it is the over emphasis of it that is wrong,solomon said dont be over rigtheous,nor sin too much,how you understand the fact that the whole earth is suspended by the weakest force that is gravity for thousands of years,or the fact that the sun orbits non stop round the earth,every twenty three hours,and the earth orbits every 365 daus non stop,andthat atmospheric pressure is just rigt our survival,that animas mourn their death,or why wolf hunts in packs,everything seems so coindentital that it must have purpose.yes i believe in god,yes life is our purpose and yes i am tryn to do good by loving my neigbour,no i hate hypotrical religion,becos u decieve not the one ,god,who u try to impress
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
i love jesus and he loves me warts n all all,n i dont force my religion down anyones throat,i accept every one'tribe or creed,we wouldnt be better off,we'll be perverse,animalistic,and simply brutal,however it is the over emphasis of it that is wrong,solomon said dont be over rigtheous,nor sin too much,how would you understand the fact that the whole earth is suspended by the weakest force that is gravity for thousands of years,or the fact that the sun orbits non stop round the earth,every twenty three hours,and the earth orbits every 365 days non stop,andthat atmospheric pressure is just rigt our survival,that animas mourn their death,or why wolf hunts in packs,everything seems so coindentital that it must have purpose.yes i believe in god,yes life is our purpose and yes i am tryn to do good by loving my neigbour,no i hate hypotrical religion,becos u decieve not the one ,god,who u try to impress
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Candybob(m): 3:05am On Oct 25, 2012
ramalot:

The audacity to think for himself and question the status quo.
On Point!!!
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by CGKing(m): 11:40am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:
Which shackles are holding boko haraam and ALUU killers?

Abegi, without religion, we would have one less thing to divide us

Those ones have their shackles removed already. Think what would happen when the rest have their shackles removed.
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 26, 2012
CGKing:

Those ones have their shackles removed already. Think what would happen when the rest have their shackles removed.

Nonsense.....which shackles are holding Boko Haram and the christian witch beaters? They are already evil with religion.

Religion causes divide and we would be less divided without it
Re: Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? by pastormustwacc: 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
Who be WINCH beaters? [s]I will slap that atheist WINCH out of you now with my ANOINTED hands.[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do We Blame The Devil For Our Misdeeds? / How Do I Deliver This Monkey From The Spirit Of Masturbation / Indecent Dressing Of A Curvy Lady In Church Goes Viral.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.