Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua (7468 Views)

''Bleached Women Smell Horribly''-Olisa Adibua / Nigerian Radio Personality, Olisa Adibua Rocks Palm Slippers On A Suit / Olisa Adibua Of Beat FM Batters Junior Colleague (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 23, 2012

Former Storm Records artiste GT Da Guitarman is mad at his former boss, Beat FM OAP, Olisa Adibua, for allegedly refusing to play his songs at the station.

GT quit Storm Records in June 2011, after he complained he wasn’t receiving the desired attention and claiming the label had delayed the release of his debut album for years. The album was finally released, but he parted ways with the label shortly after, a move which caused some controversy, as Storm claimed he was still under contract.

GT, who shared his views via social network Twitter, said: “As ma radio presenter former boss no wan gree play my song for station wey no be him papa own..Grow up boss”, another reads: “My outlook on life is soo different now mehn..if u r God I can kiss ur a*s..if u r not, na kick to ur a*s o..”

Although he didn’t mention any names, the description clearly points to Olisa, who is also the Programs Director at Beat FM.

Going by GT’s last comment, he appears ready to go physical with his former boss.

Interestingly Adibua has also fallen out with Storm, following a bitter disagreement with CEO Obi Asika

SOURCE
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by strangest(m): 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2012
Who is GT?
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by daminho(m): 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
Olisa Adibua is a poof!!! Why try to diminish someone's talent by refusing to play his song...Grow up Olisa and stop taking dos cracks..it will help a lot....#POKO

2 Likes

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Series22(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
So Sunday Oliseh don dey work 4 common radio station.. Mikel obi, invest money wisely o
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by seedord247(m): 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
daminho: Olisa Adibua is a poof!!! Why try to diminish someone's talent by refusing to play his song...Grow up Olisa and stop taking dos cracks..it will help a lot....#POKO

Why are you so quick to judge... Do you read the post at all... Did the guy mention on twitter??

1 Like

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Aifey(m): 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
GT still need more pakagin. He's bein old in d industry. But does nt get d attension.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Ryabcool(m): 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
Olisa again? I guess some people never change
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Valiantvaliant(m): 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
I comment my reserve
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by 2sexy(m): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
strangest: Who is GT?
You see why the guy isnt happy with his boss? Lack of publicity and that's why you don't know him.

But Damn, that guy get sonorous voice o o o. That's why I fell in love with his kind of music. I tend to like guys with beautiful voice because I got the voice too.

After GT, the other naija artist is Timmy of idol west africa.

Sadly, this guys don't sell noise like the lot out there,maybe thats why they aren't so popular.

9 Likes

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by WildOne1: 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
Aifey: GT still need more pakagin. He's bein old in d industry. But does nt get d attension.
What kind of packaging? when u don't play his song just like Olisa. @TOPIC, I think this is common in the industry, they can play some people's song up to 10x a day but u won't here other's song for a week........i think the radio is playing a major role in marginalizing alternative songs. we can' be listening to pop all time! sh!yt happens!

3 Likes

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by 2sexy(m): 11:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
Aifey: GT still need more pakagin. He's bein old in d industry. But does nt get d attension.
Yes, I noticed that too. There are many more like him out there. They got the talent, voice but hardly do people know anything about them.

But if na rubbish song, the whole Naija for don hear.

So sad!

1 Like

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 23, 2012
Seriously speaking, this GT Is suffering from home trouble- how can such a superb singer still be struggling by now. The most annoying part Iڪ his being so close †☺ being mega for so many years now. Haba.

Men go for deliverance or go appease your ancestors because something Iڪ so effing not right.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by buchibabe: 11:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
By d way what's olisa still doing in dat radio station? I tot he was dismissed sometime ago for showing his WWF skills on one of d employees there who was also accused of stealing rice?
Anyway olisa u no do me anythin sha,bt I just dslike u. Luks really arrogant
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by topsyking: 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2012
Who be GT, d guy no get talent jo....I don't even no why most of dem just dey sing..some r suppose to be sell pant and bra for yaba
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
topsyking: Who be GT, d guy no get talent jo....I don't even no why most of dem just dey sing..some r suppose to be sell pant and bra for yaba
when crase enter una head na so una go de come here come talk rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by naturalwaves: 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
WHEN AM I GONNA BE WHAT I WANT TO BE?

WHEN AM I GONNA SEE WHAT I WANT TO SEE?

THE TIME IS TICKING AND I CAN'T WAIT NO MORE.

DO DREAMS EVER COME TRUE IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD?

That was exactly what GT sang in his debut song 'The Dreamer' some years back and what is happening to him at the moment paints a perfect picture of that lamentation. The challenges of this life are just so so numerous.

4 Likes

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 24, 2012
Abeg keep quiet if you don't know the guy, don't come here to talk rubbish!
topsyking: Who be GT, d guy no get talent jo....I don't even no why most of dem just dey sing..some r suppose to be sell pant and bra for yaba
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 24, 2012
grin Blink 182, don't waste your time on me, you're already a voice inside my head...I miss you...hehehe. that's my favourite rock song. Good to know a fellow rock music fan is here
blink182: when crase enter una head na so una go de come here come talk rubbish.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by ayobase(m): 12:35am On Oct 24, 2012
The duet he had with Sasha was superb.
His nice voice!
Love the singles of him so far....hustle, Osi ma gbomi and d likes.
Good singer he is as someone said up there, pple like him and Timi are classic.
GT take ur time and dont step on toes. Keep up with ur One-man shows.Asa was like u, and making money before her first album!

3 Likes

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by maclatunji: 12:36am On Oct 24, 2012
LOL, funny headline.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by stonefaze: 12:36am On Oct 24, 2012
I guess if GT does a lot of collabo,he'l get known.To me he's just laying low.If u want2 get something done,u don't have2 wait 4 sum1 or anybody.U have 2 strive and layout ground rules.Olisa is not the only radio presenter in Nigeria,so he could always hook up with someother dude in other radio stations.kapeech.

1 Like

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Englishteacher: 12:53am On Oct 24, 2012

Your english is pathetic! "Attention". "Been"
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Chanchit: 4:57am On Oct 24, 2012
I have 20 radio stations on my phone, if he could target 15 out of it, people will get to hear his songs often.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by ghettodreamz(m): 5:35am On Oct 24, 2012
English_teacher:

Your english is pathetic! "Attention". "Been"

Lol...Little wonder, your handle says it all.
BTW, what's your qualification? Your service might be of help somewhere in Afghanistan, if you are so up to the game. LMAO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by ghettodreamz(m): 5:43am On Oct 24, 2012
If you know or have ever seen the guy before, then you would know for sure, he's a good and talented singer. I think many people don't know him because he's not one of those noisy singers aka 'alariwos'. Above all, he's a cool-headed guy, if you have had a personal encounter of meeting him before, then you would have known better, that the guy is just so talented and his voice is just so sweet. Anyway, I hope luck would definitely shine on him one day, but for all I know, he's one of the best guys out there in the entertainment industry. Who no know, no fit know. GT Boy You Rock. Hustle osi ma gbomi & pay off big time,gba.

1 Like

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by dareyking(m): 6:41am On Oct 24, 2012
@stragest he is the guy da tk da chorus for the song .born champion by gen pyper ft dagrin,sasha p,natoe c,
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 24, 2012
Eyaaa I always pity dis guy he has a nice voice, but the boy lifestyle is a worrisome one. He leave in a very dirty area and floody area in amuwo odofin. He drive the oldest car in the world. Sometimes when I go to visit my cuzin,you will see him and his car dat have no name stock in the mud. His car you can't tell if its mitsubishi gallant or Volkswagen. To me I think dis guy really need help from the music industry. I like his song so much.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by brixton: 7:59am On Oct 24, 2012
Series22: So Sunday Oliseh don dey work 4 common radio station.. Mikel obi, invest money wisely o

Kai, ur mumu no get part 2

1 Like

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by 2sexy(m): 8:02am On Oct 24, 2012
ghettodreamz: If you know or have ever seen the guy before, then you would know for sure, he's a good and talented singer. I think many people don't know him because he's not one of those noisy singers aka 'alariwos'. Above all, he's a cool-headed guy, if you have had a personal encounter of meeting him before, then you would have known better, that the guy is just so talented and his voice is just so sweet. Anyway, I hope luck would definitely shine on him one day, but for all I know, he's one of the best guys out there in the entertainment industry. Who no know, no fit know. GT Boy You Rock. Hustle osi ma gbomi & pay off big time,gba.
brother, your comment is a detailed extension of what I said earlier.

Besides, the Nigerian music industry does not encourage people like him. I remember reading where he said he is not going to follow the crowd nor change the kind of song he sings. Now, that's what I call passion. This guy and Timi portray and reflect passion when they sing.

You see the love for music in them. Another good one Dare Art Alade.

Most of Naija singers are just singing because of the money. It is not surprising to see people entring the industry at age 17,18,20 etc and call themselve singer or musician. And when they sing noise the whole naija go haywire.

I think GT need branding and packaging with a carved niche for himself. For me I am lover of blues, R&B. Like some said, he should try to collabo with those who have had successes. He shouldn't think he can do all alone. There are many more like him with passion for the game who aren't known, my elder brother inclusive.My elder brother has been singing long before we heard about 2face, psquare etc and from childhood but nobody knows him but he hasn't given up. The guy is multitalented and adapt to any kind of rythm.

For me, naija music industry is not for me even though I got the voice and passion like GT. I don't want to deviate from what I love singing,which is blues, R&B. And that's why I dont even want to go into the industry but would rather grad, and get a job in the oil industry lol.

Naija people like noise and GT,Timi don't sing that kind of music. Thus, not know as much as their counterparts.
Brian Mcknight, Boy2Men(my mentors),Joe etc
Blues, R&B till die!
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by 2sexy(m): 8:18am On Oct 24, 2012
blink182: Seriously speaking, this GT Is suffering from home trouble- how can such a superb singer still be struggling by now. The most annoying part Iڪ his being so close †☺ being mega for so many years now. Haba.

Men go for deliverance or go appease your ancestors because something Iڪ so effing not right.
it is easier said than done. For anybody to success in anything, you to have a complete system that is proven to work. Talent is not enough in this game. My elder brother made the same mistake and that further hurt his progress.

Man, you don't see what happens behind the scene. So, don't talk what you dont know.

Are into music in naija or you know someone who is.

I think there some ways to help curb this problem of lack of publicity, especially now that we have facebook, twitter.

It's all about thinking outside the box. There is a young guy currently tapping the power of the social media. He bought ads space on facebook and linked it to a youtube video. When I click through, I that he already has over 1k likes.

That's called smartwork and not hardwork!
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by lordGrad: 8:21am On Oct 24, 2012
For those people making noise dat naija music does not support real musicians but favours noise, make una go buy d album of these so called talented musicians make dem blow up instead of making unnecessary contributions.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by free2ryhme: 8:25am On Oct 24, 2012

look at who is talkings? you don even have anythign not to talk of talent and u open ya big mouth on here ??SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reginal Daniel Looking Gorgeous In These Photos / Fashola's Manchester United Theme Cake / How Old Is 2face Idibia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.