Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua (7478 Views)

''Bleached Women Smell Horribly''-Olisa Adibua / Nigerian Radio Personality, Olisa Adibua Rocks Palm Slippers On A Suit / Olisa Adibua Of Beat FM Batters Junior Colleague (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Afam4eva(m): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2012
I'm a light in this world, i deserve to be heard

I'm a light in this world and i'm gonna shine to the end

Nothing go fit stop me.............

On a more serious note, i think GT is not getting what he deserves. I knew when he joined storm with the likes of Sasha, Dare etc. But they didn't promote him like they did to others.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Akposkool(m): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2012
2sexy: You see why the guy isnt happy with his boss? Lack of publicity and that's why you don't know him.

But Damn, that guy get sonorous voice o o o. That's why I fell in love with his kind of music. I tend to like guys with beautiful voice because I got the voice too.

After GT, the other naija artist is Timmy of idol west africa.

Sadly, this guys don't sell noise like the lot out there,maybe thats why they aren't so popular.
timi has a gud voice yes.bt d guy isnt serious.luk at omawumi whom he toppled at west african idol,are they on par now?timi da watch stupid arsenal match wen dem da invite am 4 show dats why he is unpopular.Gt na very gud star.man u nid 2 listen 2 d champion remix he did with pype,naeto,mama iyabo(sasha)n vector.dat guy got mad talent.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by naturalwaves: 10:56am On Oct 24, 2012
2sexy: brother, your comment is a detailed extension of what I said earlier.

Besides, the Nigerian music industry does not encourage people like him. I remember reading where he said he is not going to follow the crowd nor change the kind of song he sings. Now, that's what I call passion. This guy and Timi portray and reflect passion when they sing.

You see the love for music in them. Another good one Dare Art Alade.

Most of Naija singers are just singing because of the money. It is not surprising to see people entring the industry at age 17,18,20 etc and call themselve singer or musician. And when they sing noise the whole naija go haywire.

I think GT need branding and packaging with a carved niche for himself. For me I am lover of blues, R&B. Like some said, he should try to collabo with those who have had successes. He shouldn't think he can do all alone. There are many more like him with passion for the game who aren't known, my elder brother inclusive.My elder brother has been singing long before we heard about 2face, psquare etc and from childhood but nobody knows him but he hasn't given up. The guy is multitalented and adapt to any kind of rythm.

For me, naija music industry is not for me even though I got the voice and passion like GT. I don't want to deviate from what I love singing,which is blues, R&B. And that's why I dont even want to go into the industry but would rather grad, and get a job in the oil industry lol.

Naija people like noise and GT,Timi don't sing that kind of music. Thus, not know as much as their counterparts.
Brian Mcknight, Boy2Men(my mentors),Joe etc
Blues, R&B till die!
I agree with almost every thing you have been saying except for the part you said OTHER MUSICAL ARTISTES ARE SINGING NOISE. That's not true! Every genre of music has it's own characteristics.In Nigeria at the moment, RnB, Soul and Blues are not well listened to like the other genres which are on the high side. The fact that a song is loud or has fast beats does not in any way make it less important to some other slow songs.

As for GT, he needs to be a lil bit more consistent. He has been around for about 6 years or more but only few tracks can be traced to his name. He shouldn't wait for big shows(he is not yet there). He should hustle less paying shows and performances, anything can happen from there. IMO, he was not yet mature for the limelight when he was signed into Storms. They saw a talented kid and quickly tied him down (maybe for selfish reasons). GT neeeds a lot of grooming. It is not enough to have a good voice and few tracks. He should work on his Publicity AFAP.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by johnie: 11:52am On Oct 24, 2012
ghettodreamz: If you know or have ever seen the guy before, then you would know for sure, he's a good and talented singer. I think many people don't know him because he's not one of those noisy singers aka 'alariwos'. Above all, he's a cool-headed guy, if you have had a personal encounter of meeting him before, then you would have known better, that the guy is just so talented and his voice is just so sweet. Anyway, I hope luck would definitely shine on him one day, but for all I know, he's one of the best guys out there in the entertainment industry. Who no know, no fit know. GT Boy You Rock. Hustle osi ma gbomi & pay off big time,gba.

This song of his seems appropriate here:

So many people….
Are asking…so many questions
Just like me..gat nothing to do
Just hoping that one day my dreams will come true
All my life..its always on my mind…
But not too long it seems that have been dreaming once again
Its not that I am lazy..
Its not that am not strong..
Situation in this nation is giving me no choice
Even though..I no fit to give up..
But then I just keep asking myself

CHORUS
When am I gonna be what I wanna be
When am I gonna see what I wanna see
Time is ticking and I can wait no more
Do dreams ever come true in this part of this world….

When am I gonna be what I wanna be
When am I gonna see what I wanna see
Time is ticking and I can wait no more
Do dreams ever come true in this part of this world….
(Am a voice in this world…am a voice..)

VERSE 2
Am a voice in this world..I deserve to be heard..
Am a light in this world…and am gonna shine till d end
Nothing go fit to stop me…
I can stand up when am falling..
Tough times will never last
But tough people do….
With God on my side..and when am heeding to his warnings
I can be what I wanna be when there’s a new day dawning..

But I get weary..am stick of trying
Am tired of living and am afraid of dieing…
I don taya cos to buy garri na waya e
Sebi na when u don chop u go dey think of being a dreamer o

(REPEAT CHORUS)

BRIDGE
So many dreams have died..
Things ain’t working out
Asise titi titi kosere rara
Mekunun kigbe…
(Igbawo la o to jaye oba!!!)
Bope titi titi akololo ape baba mo mo
Ape ko to jeun ele je ba je
Oooooo yeah
Till d day d sun shine on me…..
Till d day Africa go better…

Copied from FreeNaijaLyrics.com: http://www.freenaijalyrics.com/gt-da-guitarman-dreamer/#ixzz2AD1b03E6
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by 2sexy(m): 11:55am On Oct 24, 2012
naturalwaves:
I agree with almost every thing you have been saying except for the part you said OTHER MUSICAL ARTISTES ARE SINGING NOISE. That's not true! Every genre of music has it's own characteristics.In Nigeria at the moment, RnB, Soul and Blues are not well listened to like the other genres which are on the high side. The fact that a song is loud or has fast beats does not in any way make it less important to some other slow songs.

As for GT, he needs to be a lil bit more consistent. He has been around for about 6 years or more but only few tracks can be traced to his name. He shouldn't wait for big shows(he is not yet there). He should hustle less paying shows and performances, anything can happen from there. IMO, he was not yet mature for the limelight when he was signed into Storms. They saw a talented kid and quickly tied him down (maybe for selfish reasons). GT neeeds a lot of grooming. It is not enough to have a good voice and few tracks. He should work on his Publicity ASAP.
You are right, maybe I didn't know how to convey my message properly.

I also agree with doing more shows...

But to be honest, If I had the means, this is where you tap into potentials and make name and fame for your brand. It's so unfortunate that we live in a selfish country.

If it were in a white man's country, they would have made money for GT and themselves by exposing him. How do you think Michael Jackson, W. Houston, Diana Rose etc came to lime light? Read their history.

I pray that God liberate GT and other talented artist still struggling to be heard.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by suzannah: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
daminho: Olisa Adibua is a poof!!! Why try to diminish someone's talent by refusing to play his song...Grow up Olisa and stop taking dos cracks..it will help a lot....#POKO
y quick 2 judge.........u dnt even no if wat d GT dude said z true or part of d story.......
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Guchis(f): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2012
naturalwaves: WHEN AM I GONNA BE WHAT I WANT TO BE?

WHEN AM I GONNA SEE WHAT I WANT TO SEE?

THE TIME IS TICKING AND I CAN'T WAIT NO MORE.

DO DREAMS EVER COME TRUE IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD?

I love this song...
The first time i heard him sing, i went WOW! Hope you make it BIG soon GT, you deserve it.

1 Like

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by 2sexy(m): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2012
Akposkool: timi has a gud voice yes.bt d guy isnt serious.luk at omawumi whom he toppled at west african idol,are they on par now?timi da watch stupid arsenal match wen dem da invite am 4 show dats why he is unpopular.Gt na very gud star.man u nid 2 listen 2 d champion remix he did with pype,naeto,mama iyabo(sasha)n vector.dat guy got mad talent.
bro, the only time I had the opportunity to watch and listen to GT's song was back in 2008 and that's because I came to Ogun State for our house project which we were building. I have haven't had that opportunity again since that time because I stay in Benin City.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by naturalwaves: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
2sexy: You are right, maybe I didn't know how to convey my message properly.

I also agree with doing more shows...

But to be honest, If I had the means, this is where you tap into potentials and make name and fame for your brand. It's so unfortunate that we live in a selfish country.

If it were in a white man's country, they would have made money for GT and themselves by exposing him. How do you think Michael Jackson, W. Houston, Diana Rose etc came to lime light? Read their history.

I pray that God liberate GT and other talented artist still struggling to be heard.
Exactly! I don't know what it is with regions and genres of music. In some parts of the world, they basically listen to classical music and Contemporary Jazz. In some other places, they like Opera music and New Age. For some, Rock is the main thing. In Jamaica, it is basically Raggae and so on and so forth.

One must be extremely good to really make it in Nigeria if one wants to sing Blues, RnB, Soul and the likes. I believe if ASA could cut across with her ' Soul' kind of song, GT can make it too. I wish him all the best!
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by naturalwaves: 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
Guchis:

I love this song...
The first time i heard him sing, i went WOW! Hope you make it BIG soon GT, you deserve it.

Yeah, he truly deserves it.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Pgent1(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
topsyking: Who be GT, d guy no get talent jo....I don't even no why most of dem just dey sing..some r suppose to be sell pant and bra for yaba
dude u no well,am sure u are one of those dat do get high with all dis crazy songs on radio but 1 thing i want u 2 do is get a copy of gt- the truth album&listen 2 every song on d album&tell me if he's not better than all those rubbish u call artiste
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by 2sexy(m): 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2012
Pgent1: dude u no well,am sure u are one of those dat do get high with all dis crazy songs on radio but 1 thing i want u 2 do is get a copy of gt- the truth album&listen 2 every song on d album&tell me if he's not better than all those rubbish u call artiste
leave lunatics in form Terry G who think they know music. Na everybody wey show 4tv b musician.

King of madness.

I believe GT can do some more powerful things with a little more creativity.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Akposkool(m): 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2012
2sexy: bro, the only time I had the opportunity to watch and listen to GT's song was back in 2008 and that's because I came to Ogun State for our house project which we were building. I have haven't had that opportunity again since that time because I stay in Benin City.
so what ar u saying?dat Gt is nt talented enuf?or dat u havnt heard d champion remix where he stold d show?
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by 2sexy(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2012
Akposkool: so what ar u saying?dat Gt is nt talented enuf?or dat u havnt heard d champion remix where he stold d show?
Haba, how can I say he isnt talented enough? you seem not to have followed my comment from the beginninng. I am crazy 4d guy voice... no be small. That is because, I am brewed in the line of blues, r&b.. you know. Though I never gave music much attention from the very beginning even though people have been saying "guy you get voice oo" or " I never knew you could sing like this, what have you been doing with this talent?" ... well that is just me.

What I simply saying is that I have not heard the champion or remix of it for that matter and this is the effect of the lack of puplicity I am talking about.

Can I find it on youtube to watch and download?

Man, I love that guy voice... voice pulls me faster and I could buy a CD just for that purpose...

If you got a link, please share it...
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by 2sexy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okay , I just found a link to his music...

here it is http://www.loudtronix.me/search/Truly-Gt-Da-Guitarman

but no champion remix.. anyone with a link should please drop it.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by naturalwaves: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2012
2sexy: Okay , I just found a link to his music...

here it is http://www.loudtronix.me/search/Truly-Gt-Da-Guitarman

but no champion remix.. anyone with a link should please drop it.

The video is on youtube. Visit the site and type CHAMPION REMIX OR GENERAL PYPE OR WHATEVER,you should see the song from the list. If you need audio, search for the download on google, it is not tough to get. I downloaded the vid from youtube when it first came out.
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by 2sexy(m): 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2012
naturalwaves:

The video is on youtube. Visit the site and type CHAMPION REMIX OR GENERAL PYPE OR WHATEVER,you should see the song from the list. If you need audio, search for the download on google, it is not tough to get. I downloaded the vid from youtube when it first came out.
cool!

1 Like

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Akposkool(m): 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
2sexy: Haba, how can I say he isnt talented enough? you seem not to have followed my comment from the beginninng. I am crazy 4d guy voice... no be small. That is because, I am brewed in the line of blues, r&b.. you know. Though I never gave music much attention from the very beginning even though people have been saying "guy you get voice oo" or " I never knew you could sing like this, what have you been doing with this talent?" ... well that is just me.

What I simply saying is that I have not heard the champion or remix of it for that matter and this is the effect of the lack of puplicity I am talking about.

Can I find it on youtube to watch and download?

Man, I love that guy voice... voice pulls me faster and I could buy a CD just for that purpose...

If you got a link, please share it...
sori if i got u wrong.i thought u were tinking d oda way round.if u nid d champion remix,jst visit tubidy.com n search 4 general pype.u wil si d video n audio 2 download
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by semid4lyfe(m): 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
General Pype - champion remix ft DaGrin, Vector, Naeto C, Sasha and GT Da Guitarman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeZHLFBuG18

Nice tune

1 Like

Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by kokoA(m): 7:30am On Oct 25, 2012
undecided If Olisa could descend so low to engage in physical combat with his junior coullegue, then IMO he is very capable of doing what GT accused him of. That guy remaining in beats fm is a bad image for the station. undecided
Re: ''Grow Up" GT Da Guitarman Tells Olisa Adibua by Shugamania(f): 3:26am On Oct 31, 2012
topsyking: Who be GT, d guy no get talent jo....I don't even no why most of dem just dey sing..some r suppose to be sell pant and bra for yaba

This is the most ignorant comment i've read all day long...Smh... Dude, you just exposed your bad taste to the world. Do get the album and compare the songs with the high-tempoed, substance-lacking gibberish you are used to. If that isnt talent...then you need to get a dictionary and form a proper opinion of the meaning of the word.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photoshop Gone Wrong! Nigerian Rapper Caught In The Act / Photos: Ghanaian Actress, Juliet Ibrahim Flaunts Her Hips / PHOTOS: See How Nicki Minaj Puts Is Hot Boob On Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.