Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Suggestions and Feature Requests For Voguepay - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Suggestions and Feature Requests For Voguepay (1734 Views)

CheckOut My Blogs, Post Suggestions and Opinions for Improvement / Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay / Whmcs Full Templates And Feature Management Admin Addon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestions and Feature Requests For Voguepay by nigeriantalent: 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hello lojik / Voguepay team,

I initially posted this on another thread but decided to create a new topic for it instead.

The company I work for is consulting for a client who is planning a big project starting next year and we are shopping for a suitable payment processor to use for their online payments. We are currently testing different payment processors including voguepay on some products and my boss has been particularly impressed with voguepay.

However for us to be able to use it on the upcoming project, we need some features which are currently not yet implemented.

We already emailed your support and were told that our request was forwarded to management and we shall be contacted soon but in the course of my research on payment processors I stumbled on this thread and figured I might as well talk to you directly.

Here's what we need to be able to use Voguepay on the new project and I'm sure these would be beneficial to many others and a useful additional feature which no other working payment processor in nigeria seems to have.

FEATURE REQUESTS/SUGGESTIONS

1. AFFILIATE LINK TYPE
A feature/option Where payment made through a payment link can be credited to two or more voguepay user accounts. For example, a voguepay user can create a payment link and specify that 60% of any payments coming through that link goes to voguepay user A and 40% goes to Voguepay user B. Another example I could generate a payment link and specify that 50% of payments coming through the link go to user A, 35% to user B and the rest 15% to a third user C. (Three users is okay for starters)

2. EDITABLE PAYMENT LINKS

The ability to go back and manage/edit payment links that were created earlier. Such an edit could include options to change amount, deactivate, delete, pause etc. There could also be an area where users can view and access all the payment links that they've ever generated. A feature for bulk/mass editing would also be desirable.

3. EXPIRABLE LINKS

An option to make a payment link expire (i.e become inactive/unusable) either on a certain date or after a given length of time (in hours, days, months etc).

We hope to start the first tests of the project maybe in December 2012 or January 2013 and I would like to know if these are features that can be incorporated before that time (especially features 1 i.e. affiliate type of payment link).

There are still some other features we have in mind but these ones will do for now.

Thanks
Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests For Voguepay by DualCore1: 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
Nice features and hope to see Voguepay implement 'em.

Here's my take on this one:
nigeriantalent:

FEATURE REQUESTS/SUGGESTIONS

1. AFFILIATE LINK TYPE
A feature/option Where payment made through a payment link can be credited to two or more voguepay user accounts. For example, a voguepay user can create a payment link and specify that 60% of any payments coming through that link goes to voguepay user A and 40% goes to Voguepay user B. Another example I could generate a payment link and specify that 50% of payments coming through the link go to user A, 35% to user B and the rest 15% to a third user C. (Three users is okay for starters)
This goes against the laws of scalability. You need 3 users now, what about the future?
I have worked with many payment gateways and I have not seen anyone with this kind of setup. Not that it is impossible but it is too specific. Developers strive to keep payment gateway APIs as generic and as traditional as possible with a simple-to-understand documentation. In my opinion you're better off asking for Voguepay to provide APIs for fund transfers (if they don't have them already). If there are such fund transfer APIs (which will truly be beneficial to all) then, on successful payment into your voguepay account you can have your developers work out the whole percentage going to who... on the code level and call the fund transfer APIs to transfer so so so amount to so so so voguepay account... all this from your own code's end, not the payment gateway.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests For Voguepay by lojik(m): 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2012
@nigeriantalent,

I was impressed with the last two requests when i got them from our support team. You can be sure they are coming up pretty soon, although, not exactly as you have requested.
They have been pushed into our queue of upcoming features.

For the first option, VoguePay has a command API(Different from Payment API and Notification API) that allows you to transfer funds, withdraw to bank, query transactions e.t.c from your website/Application. You may need to implement that API. I do not think the first suggestion will be implemented anytime soon as it may require revisiting some legal docs such as our buyer protection policy.

I really appreciate your suggestions. You must have taken a lot of time to study how VoguePay works.

Thank You.

@Dual,
Really nice features. We'll definitely implement them very soon.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests For Voguepay by dhtmlextreme1: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2012
@lojik, i notice you do not have magento integration, i can do a custom checkout for magento. Use of magento is getting very common in Nigeria these days.
Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests For Voguepay by lojik(m): 11:38am On Oct 24, 2012
@dhtml
I will buzz u on fb shortly.
Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests For Voguepay by dhtml(m): 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okay, no problem. Just send me an offline if i am not logged in, my phone will still beep
Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests For Voguepay by nigeriantalent: 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
@lojik: Thanks a lot and sorry that it took me aome time to get back on the thread. Voguepay is a very good product with a lot of potential and one way to zap ahead of the competition and make your service better is to keep listening to suggestions from your user community and implementing the ones you feel as good. Always stay open to new suggestions. You guys are doing a WONDERFUL job.

Regarding the use of the Command API, its unfortunate that I can no longer program PHP but I have thought about the problem and developed a blueprint for a possible solution that will work for our project. I have laid it all out in detail on another thread and would very much need your help with converting it to code. I would appreciate if you can take a look at the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/1097550/using-voguepay-api-create-commission

@Dual Core: Thanks a lot for the clarification and the suggestions. Hope you can also help me out with my blueprint

@*: Please I also need your help too and any other programmers in the house. Please take a look at the thread here

@topic: Meanwhile I still have one or two other suggestions to add to this thread but those will come some other time.
Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests For Voguepay by lincolnpix(m): 12:56am On Nov 09, 2012
Hi nigeriantalent,
(forwarded from the other thread)
ABOUT THE VOGUEPAY API
After testing various Nigerian platforms, we have opted to use Voguepay.com as the payment processor for this project because our recent experience with them shows that they are reliable with fast support response times, a listening CEO/staff and they appear willing to improve their service. They also have a very good API for developers which is of great interest to us at present.
I confirm!

just finished today integrating the VoguePay Payment Processor API with my CMS E-commerce Module, you can test the Demo site here http://www.lagoslabs.com/store
Maybe i can help, though it will cost you a lot smiley
Contact me via my website or via skype "lincolnolagaju" to discuss. This will not be a script but a high quality module integrated with my CMS.

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Et Al.:When Plagiarism Becomes the Cancer of Blogging / 5 Guides On How To Avoid Plagiarism As A Blogger- Nairathreads / Top 4 Android Apps To Convert PDF To Word Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.