Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle (28974 Views)

Buhari And Fashola At China Aerospace Science Technology Corporation Centre / Photo: Fashola At Work In His Office In Abuja / Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by charles424(m): 7:46am On Oct 24, 2012
teskyg:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola are at loggerheads following the seizure of one of Obasanjo Farms' utility vehicles by men of the Lagos State Transport Management Authority (LASTMA).

Sources close to Obasanjo Farms in Ota, Ogun state explained that one of the utility vehicles allegedly committed a traffic offence in Lagos last week and it was impounded by LASTMA.

It was gathered that all efforts by the ex-president to ensure the release of the seized vehicle proved abortive.

Sources also added that between last Friday and Sunday, October 21, over 10 red-coloured LAG Bus belonging to Lagos State Government have been forcefully diverted into the Obasanjo Farms compound in Ota.

This action has led to scarcity of the popular bus on Lagos-Abeokuta expressway while thousands of residents of Sango, Ota, Ifo and other settlements along the axis have become stranded for the second day running and this has also doubled the cost of transportation in the area

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/179463-obasanjo-fashola-at-loggerhead-over-seized-vehicle

We all know that nobody is above the law...but not in nigerian setup,I promise fashola he will be disappointed atlast,,,he can't spend more than his stipulated time in office...okere,obintin,o below to seize obasanjo's properties...forget about law...abacha that did it,where is he today?baba still dey kampe...you are outgrowing your boundary...playing mr right...ok ooo you go well...
Talo gun iyan fun e? Toni tobe osoro?
No be 9ja we dey?so u are telling me u will impound Bisi akandes properties too? Ha!Imondo iba se bi elede aba ilu je,beru ba di oba,koni ku enikan kan...Oju yobor see what you caused...fashola your face go come down soon.mtchewwwww

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Exponental(m): 7:48am On Oct 24, 2012
When two elephants fight........
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by homerac7: 7:52am On Oct 24, 2012
kennytidistar: some of you who have not being to baba farm before. that place is cleaner than anywhere in Nigerian that place is mini london but nobody can enter there anyhow that place na barrack it you like get warrant soldier go fire your life i'm sure with the seizure of these brt bus fashola will know what his guys has done even though he pretende initially, okada riders are ready to bring lagos down. he close his hears to the poor that pays is food allowance, travelling allowance, medical allowance, and salary. fashola is an ingrate rat.

listen and learn!...there r two people u must avoid fighting, God and the King (Government).

If u know the enormity of powers of a governor in Nigeria, u will know that if only Ogun state governor should take on OBJ, he will literally go on exile from the state. Only a SITTING president, under the present arrangement is more powerful. don't be deceived.

Fashola may ignore him for now among many reasons which includes the running battle with okada people which will surely fizzle out in maximum of a fortnight, so he may not want to take on two "powers" at same time. But remember he can always come to take on OBJ at his own time. Mistake many of u r making here is thinking that Fashola is the underdog, whereas OBJ really is! Fashola will dictate the scale, venue, time, umpire and strategy of the fight if he chooses to tango with OBJ on this matter. There r one-thousand-and-one ways of him slapping OBJ down on ds area-father misdemeanor.

LESSON: NEVER EVER YOU UNDER-RATE OR CROSS A SITTING GOVERNOR WHEN YOU ARE NOT READY TO LOSE!!!
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by unclenna(m): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2012
If fashola did not impound d car nigerians we condemn him of being partial but now he did d right thing some are still condeming him. I believe he did what he did to prove a point and send msg to every1 that no one is above the law including obj. He has passed his 1st acid test. lets see if he will pass his 2nd acid test which will be to impound Tinubu's car when he breaks d traffic law. But i advice fashola that now that he has made his point he should allow baba to pay his fine and carry his product. Thatz my judgement.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by kennytidistar(m): 8:03am On Oct 24, 2012
homerac7]

listen and learn!...there r two people u must avoid fighting, God and
the King (Government).

If u know the enormity of powers of a governor in Nigeria, u will know
that if only Ogun state governor should take on OBJ, he will literally
go on exile from the state. Only a SITTING president, under the
present arrangement is more powerful. don't be deceived.

Fashola may ignore him for now among many reasons which includes the
running battle with okada people which will surely fizzle out in maximum
of a fortnight, so he may not want to take on two "powers" at same
time. But remember he can always come to take on OBJ at his own time.
Mistake many of u r making here is thinking that Fashola is the
underdog, whereas OBJ really is! Fashola will dictate the scale, venue,
time, umpire and strategy of the fight if he chooses to tango with OBJ
on this matter. There r one-thousand-and-one ways of him slapping OBJ
down on ds area-father misdemeanor.

LESSON: NEVER EVER YOU UNDER-RATE OR CROSS A SITTING GOVERNOR WHEN YOU
ARE NOT READY TO LOSE!!!

in your ignoramous world you have defend a sitting governor right?

the federal high court @ ikoyi discredit the law that create lastma and other lagos traffic law as illegal and contrary to the constitution and the law that bind the whole nigerians which fashola also sworn to obey. source later, he state that only the law court has the right to inposed fine on any seized properties, and that lagos state cannot be it own judge. therefore obasanjo knows what he is doing. he can even seized more BRT it is allowed. and if you prove me contrary let fashola go to court and expose his folly.

and again dont even compare OBJ with any sitting gov because it is incomparable, maybe is because you have not go far beyond lagos. you are talking childish.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by sunkoye: 8:09am On Oct 24, 2012
Elueme: Source pls. Stop feeding me with ruse. If it's a gossip news indicate so we know what category of seriousness we attach to the thread.
By the way who is Fashola to seize OBasanjo's utility vehicle? He should know his limit and stop acting james hardly chase
pple like u should beta not have been born. ah...i tot av seen worse!
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Toktee(m): 8:18am On Oct 24, 2012
The monkey of owuland has 4gotton that he iz no longer in power,the old man should be arrested if it iz true that he iz stealing lagos state government buses,he do not deserve any respect in lagos
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by homerac7: 8:24am On Oct 24, 2012
kennytidistar: in your ignoramous world you have defend a sitting governor right?

the federal high court @ ikoyi discredit the law that create lastma and other lagos traffic law as illegal and contrary to the constitution and the law that bind the whole nigerians which fashola also sworn to obey. source later, he state that only the law court has the right to inposed fine on any seized properties, and that lagos state cannot be it own judge. therefore obasanjo knows what he is doing. he can even seized more BRT it is allowed. and if you prove me contrary let fashola go to court and expose his folly.

and again dont even compare OBJ with any sitting gov because it is incomparable, maybe is because you have not go far beyond lagos. you are talking childish.

If going "far beyond" Lagos will make me silly and ignorant as you have shown so far, then God forbid I go "far beyond" Lagos.

Mind u, I was born in heart of Egba-land, and had my education in the midst of the Owus; right net door to OBJs mother's house and I grew up not far from his father's village. U can read my footnote to know my place of nativity. So keep ur going "far beyond" Lagos and deification of OBJ to urself.

On your court verdict on LASTMA, u got it so confused that u sealed it up that your god, OBJ has powers to seize state property...r u ok? Honestly i don't have personal problem with Mr Olusegun Obasanjo, but i have a whole big issue with senile men sowing seeds of lawlessness they may not live long enough to reap in full, also with sheep like you that can't think critically.

FYI, OBJ is simply Mr Olusegun Aremu Okikiolu Matthew Obasanjo, and nothing more!
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by ZeusI: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2012
fashola? I de laugh. *get me my gun, i want to shoot something* OBJ tells wife.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by akeens1(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2012
Fashola one show baba say E get in own power 4 in own territory. Lets wait & c who get mouth pass . OBJ or BRF 4k dem all.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by kennytidistar(m): 8:49am On Oct 24, 2012
[homerac7]

If going "far beyond" Lagos will make me silly and ignorant as you have
shown so far, then God forbid I go "far beyond" Lagos.

Mind u, I was born in heart of Egba-land, and had my education in the
midst of the Owus;

thank God you admit that such verdict exist, and you mention rule of law. my friend answer this question pls,

is their rule of law when you arrest an offender and refuse to charge him to court within 24 hours? you made mention of critical thinking.
is only a daft that will claim to upheld a rule of law and still practice a dictatorship kind of government, i didnt see OBJ to be a God but the truth must be said lagos state government is 100% wrong to have witheld any property without charging it to court within 24 hour it a general rule which you and i know so what is the stress about this issue? if i were OBJ i will seized more buses because lagos state government too show that they are rogues. period.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by ZeusI: 8:52am On Oct 24, 2012
2mch: The Ogun State government should order OBJ to release the vehicles. If his vehicles cannot comply with the law of the state then they should be impounded. he is not above the law. And stealing state buses is a crime. Is Baba OBJ willing to go to jail? tongue
I wonder who exactly will make the statement(give OBJ the order) on behalf of govt, that person will be crushed for life. Or do you think Obj is some loud mouthed titan? And mind you, no yoruba man can send OBJ to jail!
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by omiobo: 8:56am On Oct 24, 2012
Most of the comments on this thread smell poo. Is Obasanjo above the law?
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by ZeusI: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2012
acidtalk: Hmmm!!!

After I read this news, I immediately put a call across to OBJ and this is what he had to say.

Acidtalk - Baba Goodday.

Obasanjo - Acidtalk, a da fun e (it will be well with you). By the way what is this call for? Because I know a squirrel can't go jumping in the market place if nothing is chasing it.

Acidtalk - Sir, I called to find out something.

Obasanjo - What is it again this amebo boy?

Acidtalk - Baba, it is the scuffle between you and Governor Fashola over your seized vehicle.

Obasanjo - Ah! Ma da omo buruku yen lowun. Jeki Oju yobo ma ti lo si ino (Don't mind that silly boy, let him allow himself to be pushed to fire by that big eye ball fellow).

Acidtalk - But baba, why did your driver disobey the traffic law of Lagos?

Obasanjo - See Acidtalk, if not because I like you and have great respect for you, I would have hung up this call. Who is Fashola to impound my car in Lagos? Even if I like, I can drive that same car on the tarmac Of Muritala or Nnamdi Azikiwe Airports and dem no born Jonathan sef to do anything.

Acidtalk - But baba, I heard you have seized about 3 Red BRT buses is that true?

Obasanjo - Acidtalk, sha ma wo ni ti e (just be patient and keep watching). I have not started seizing yet, by the time I start with Fashola, all the BRT buses in Lagos will be used as Chicken cages in my farm.

Acidtalk - But Sir,

Obasanjo - Dont but anything. just tell Fashola that "I dey laugh oh!"

)
I just love you for this. This is exactly what baba will do.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by kennytidistar(m): 9:04am On Oct 24, 2012
[omiobo]Most of the comments on this thread smell poo. Is Obasanjo above the law?

is fashola above the law? for him not to have charge an offender to court within 48 hours?
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by bimstik(f): 9:10am On Oct 24, 2012
Dis Gov. Fashola sef shud ĴŮڪŤ go find somewhere to sit. Ħξ shud know da atleast Obj ΐƨ an old man A̶̲̥̅̊ñ̷̊D̶̲̥̅̊ Ħξ shud learn how to respect elders. B4 Obj cud av reacted da way way, Fashola wud av stepped byond his boundary. Can Fashola tell de world that his godfather Tinubu has nt committed a crime more than Obj ? Rubbish. Losers i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Ondo gubernatorial race looking for some1 to bounce on .
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by nochio(m): 9:13am On Oct 24, 2012
But lag buses and lastma ply sango otta which is in Ogun state which make them inter state,lagos state and contradictions.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by nduchucks: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2012
Eko Ile:

You must be a Nigerian....

Indeed, a Nigerian through and through.

I reiterate that Fashola is more of a City Manager or Mayor at best, than a national leader whose inadequacies are beginning to become self evident. He will make a good Minister of works in the next dispensation, nothing more.

Lets see how he deals with the problem of the Okada riders which he found a way to mishandle. He should have consulted El Rufai for strategies on how to solve the Okada problem in a Nigerian big city.

Eko ile, you've been reduced to a one liner issuing jobber - the one-liner was not even a stinger. undecided What happed to your customary muscle flexing and vigorous defence of your employers?
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by olabiz2010: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2012
homerac7:

listen and learn!...there r two people u must avoid fighting, God and the King (Government).

If u know the enormity of powers of a governor in Nigeria, u will know that if only Ogun state governor should take on OBJ, he will literally go on exile from the state. Only a SITTING president, under the present arrangement is more powerful. don't be deceived.

Fashola may ignore him for now among many reasons which includes the running battle with okada people which will surely fizzle out in maximum of a fortnight, so he may not want to take on two "powers" at same time. But remember he can always come to take on OBJ at his own time. Mistake many of u r making here is thinking that Fashola is the underdog, whereas OBJ really is! Fashola will dictate the scale, venue, time, umpire and strategy of the fight if he chooses to tango with OBJ on this matter. There r one-thousand-and-one ways of him slapping OBJ down on ds area-father misdemeanor.

LESSON: NEVER EVER YOU UNDER-RATE OR CROSS A SITTING GOVERNOR WHEN YOU ARE NOT READY TO LOSE!!!

Firstly, i don't wanna believe the story is true because i trust Fashola, he wouldn't dare.
The issue of 'no man is above the law' is only applicable on paper term, behold, it happens everywhere around the world. Any serving governor that wanna go head-to-head with ex president is only digging his own grave coz sooner or later he will become ex governor too.
Having said that, if OBJ vehicle commit traffic offence, it should dealt with but not to the extent of going head-to-head with OBJ. If it were a Tinubu truck that was involved,would Fashola had impounded the truck?

Always remember: Power intoxicate

#methink
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Dungren(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2012
bola4dprec: Even the judge of a court is empower to exercise his discretional power, irrespective of offense(s) committed we need to accord respect for whom dues, humility is still there for Baba Obasanjo now. After all is not a murder case now, Fashola is the most useless man I have ever examined on earth, himself had violated the right of many Nigerian i.e Okada rider and not haven respect for rule of law is lagos state law above Nigeria constitution ? Most especially section 214 which says their will be no any other police which Fashola is violated by the way of setting up of useless lastma, in nutshell ohun abase labowaba

With people like you, this country can never move forward. This write up by you simply shows your level of exposure and intellect.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Ninilowo(m): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2012
iamswizz: Yoruba numskulls/Birdbrains.....blushing reputations exhibiting rants and cacophonous attitudes! angry
.......hope no problem. Ki la gbe, ki le ju?
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by ZeusI: 9:42am On Oct 24, 2012
homerac7: so many comments showing the root cause of the unfortunate situation Nigeria found herself in.

first, i don't believe d story. otherwise OBJ would hav simply played into d hands of d Fashola by doing so. Imagine Fashola getting court warrant to go search OBJ farms and all his compunds in Lagos and Ogun (afterall, na ACN dey there and they will gladly join in d fray to finally humble OBJ). That will create so much embarassment for him that he will lose lot of respect and goodwill he's enjoying in international circuit. Whatever happens afterwards from PDP federal power will b a bye-news and at best, damage management for immediate time. But by then, OBJ would hav been fully dragged in mud by "children".

I don't think he would want to risk many possibilities of humilation in hands of those governors. so i don't think he would do this.
If you are a foreigner, i would suggest you keep mum and stare clear of Nigerian politics. Who in the judiciary will give the order, and who will step into 'ota farm' as a law enforcement personnel to search? It happens everywhere, and it is the necessary law of nature for those who has power to do what they have the power to do, and those without one accepts what they have to accept. As if it happens only in Nigeria, let any fool in Uk impound the Queen's automobil and see hell, or do you think they do not break the law and yet have it justified. Fashola is but a fly in the hand of OBJ. Oh my beloved OBJ(the only tough yoruba man(Igbo actually[in regards to his true father]).
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by yuzedo: 9:45am On Oct 24, 2012
acidtalk: Hmmm!!!

After I read this news, I immediately put a call across to OBJ and this is what he had to say.

Acidtalk - Baba Goodday.

Obasanjo - Acidtalk, a da fun e (it will be well with you). By the way what is this call for? Because I know a squirrel can't go jumping in the market place if nothing is chasing it.

Acidtalk - Sir, I called to find out something.

Obasanjo - What is it again this amebo boy?

Acidtalk - Baba, it is the scuffle between you and Governor Fashola over your seized vehicle.

Obasanjo - Ah! Ma da omo buruku yen lowun. Jeki Oju yobo ma ti lo si ino (Don't mind that silly boy, let him allow himself to be pushed to fire by that big eye ball fellow).

Acidtalk - But baba, why did your driver disobey the traffic law of Lagos?

Obasanjo - See Acidtalk, if not because I like you and have great respect for you, I would have hung up this call. Who is Fashola to impound my car in Lagos? Even if I like, I can drive that same car on the tarmac Of Muritala or Nnamdi Azikiwe Airports and dem no born Jonathan sef to do anything.

Acidtalk - But baba, I heard you have seized about 3 Red BRT buses is that true?

Obasanjo - Acidtalk, sha ma wo ni ti e (just be patient and keep watching). I have not started seizing yet, by the time I start with Fashola, all the BRT buses in Lagos will be used as Chicken cages in my farm.

Acidtalk - But Sir,

Obasanjo - Dont but anything. just tell Fashola that "I dey laugh oh!"wink

grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Elueme: 9:50am On Oct 24, 2012
solomonkane:

Too many lunatics on the loose on Nairaland as evidenced by these two dogs.
Using you as a point of contact to reach as many of you ignorant beings who mk careless statement without understanding the nitty gritty of the Nigerian state. I impress it on you that that Raji of a boy is making a stupid political statement. I think we shd grow above psychophancy and playing to the gallery and focus on real issues. Many vehicles inadvertently abuse traffic laws ever since the inception of the herculean Lagos traffic laws and it will be rational the penalty be soft pedalled since the law is new and so a lot of commuters are still fighting to live up to it. What is expected is payment of commiserate fine and the vehicle is freed. But, Fashola I know in his characteristic self will mk a political statement. For those calling for search warrant, let him try it so we see who has got the guts.. I say fashola will lose this one
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Elueme: 9:59am On Oct 24, 2012
sunkoye: pple like u should beta not have been born. ah...i tot av seen worse!
sorry, I was born , am still living and I knw I am better than you and you may never be able to interract where I do except on forums like NL.. U are pathetic
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by redsun(m): 10:09am On Oct 24, 2012
ekt_bear: ndu_chucks is quite a mischievous fellow grin

Nigerians that talk like that are totally demoralized,unsalvageable.

This in not just an insult to lagos state government,but an insult to nigerian constistution for ex president to show total disregard nd jeopardization of the law of the land
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by lakeside101: 10:12am On Oct 24, 2012
It is just so unfortunate how our value system as a nation has been seriously eroded and our priorities have been misplaced placing personality over rule of law.It baffles me more to know that the okada men and average man on the street that are supposed to support the idea of ONE LAW FOR ALL are the same people calling fashola names for selfish and vision-less intrest .
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by redsun(m): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2012
lakeside101: It is just so unfortunate how our value system as a nation has been seriously eroded and our priorities have been misplaced placing personality over rule of law.It baffles me more to know that the okada men and average man on the street that are supposed to support the idea of ONE LAW FOR ALL are the same people calling fashola names for selfish and vision-less intrest .

What fashola is doing democratically is the same thing idiagbon/buhari did militarily ,WAI,war against indiscipline.

It is going to come and if only he can do away with obvious rogues like tinubu,he will be in a better position to take the fight with his head up high to the subcreatures that refuse to learn
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by favour101(m): 10:39am On Oct 24, 2012
Why will you blame Fashiola is LASTMA that seized it even if Fashiola private car contravevene traffic laws is supposed to be seized if I am the managerof those buses I will declare it stolen and I will write a pettition to the IG
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by simdam500(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2012
Give unto ceaser wat belong to ceaser

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by solelymade: 10:44am On Oct 24, 2012
As much as i will not believe dis story(not news); some comments here just exihibited how frivolous and what a Nerd some guys are. Some said Fashola shld release d purported impounded vehicle; why are we so quick to personify an act of enforcement of laws and order to Presidents,Governors when institutions and parastals of govt perform their assigned functions; na fashola impound vehicle or Lastma as a govt agency enforcing what is embodied in Lagos State Traffic Act ). Men there are more pressing matters craving 4 d attention of a State Governor and OBJ dan orchestrating dis cheap melodrama. I dey laugh o...
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by olabiz2010: 10:47am On Oct 24, 2012
simdam500: Give unto ceaser wat belong to ceaser

Please help me tell them ooº°˚˚˚°ºooº°˚˚˚°

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banditry: Kebbi Govt Remodels SUVs Into Armoured Personnel Carriers / APC Blasts Charly Boy: Buhari Will Never Resign, Stop Making Senseless Noise / Ken Nnamani's Wife, Jane Dies After Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.