Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Are You Proudly Nigerian? Share Your Experiences And Ideas With Us! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are You Proudly Nigerian? Share Your Experiences And Ideas With Us! (1362 Views)

Share Your Experiences of Racism / Proudly Bini Names And Meaning / Proudly Nigerian? Win Free Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Proudly Nigerian? Share Your Experiences And Ideas With Us! by Capone(m): 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2008
PROUDLY NIGERIAN!

I have been contemplating on this topic and bidding my time to write or discuss about it.
Here is something to ponder about.

[list]
[li]What makes you a Nigerian?[/li]
[li]What tribe do you belong to?[/li]
[li]What religion or faith do you practice?[/li]
[li]What makes you proud of being Nigerian?[/li]
[li]What have you done to make Nigeria proud?[/li]
[li]What have you done that you are not proud of?[/li]
[li]What is your dream about the ideal Nigeria?[/li]
[/list]

I was born in Lagos. I am from Kaltungo, Gombe State. You would rightly say, I am Hausa/Fulani. Moreso, rightly, Fulani.

I am a Nigerian because I was born in Nigeria and to a father who comes from the north and a mother whose father is Non-Nigerian and a Yoruba mother. (Talk about mixed grill hun?).

I am educated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree, BTech and an Associate Degree not to mention several professional certificates in IT.

I am proud of Nigeria because there is "no place like Niaja." If I don't love my country who will? The American, Japanese, Israeli or Ghanaian? Oh, forget the will never do that.

I belong to a country that is the headquarters of the Black Race. The Power House of Africa. We are intelligent, strong, proud, full of life, cultural and moral.

I have experienced first hand humiliation at foreign borders and airports just because " I am Nigerian." I have been labeled a thief, a drug pusher, a corrupt man and an untrustworthy fellow online and offline. I have been denied access to so many sites all over the world.

Although, I am not very happy with the treatments I get. I know I don't deserve to be treated that way.

Now, I am racially abused by foreigners every where I go in Europe, US and Asia. Why is this happening. Another African is better respected than a Nigerian.

To make matters worse. In Nigeria tribalism is the other of the day. You will be surprised to see Yoruba elders shamelessly discussing tribalism and OPC instead of Nationalism. You will see Ibo leaders arrogantly and stupidly discussing money and BIAFRA (an arrogant child of Ojukwu that pitted Nigerians against Nigerians). You will see some Hausa leaders ignorantly and foolishly discussing religious intolerance. You will see killings everywhere from Kano to Lagos, Yenagoa, Port-harcourt to Zaki Biam, Jos to Ibadan. You will see religious leaders shamelessly pitting us against each other. Christians supporting Israel ( a country that does not even respect Christ and Christians). Muslims supporting Arabs ( people who always feel a black man is a slave).

Why are we hated? We are actually the architects of our own misfortunes. Every day, Over one million 419 e-mails are sent out of Nigeria and by Nigerians in the diaspora. Everyday atleast 200 foreigners are duped or defrauded by Nigerians and their accomplices. Every day Nigerians in the US and Europe steal credit cards and send to Nigeria. Everyday, cars are stolen and shipped to Nigeria. The streets of Europe are littered Nigerian prostitutes and drug dealers. Every day on CNN, CNBC, BBC, SKY News and other cable networks you will hear about Nigerian leaders enmeshed in cases of stealing and corruption and fraud. Haba! Nigerians.
All this have gone to give us enemies and so the name of the country is bastardised we have made ourselves worthless.

But the truth is, compared to the US the rate of fraud in Nigeria is 2% to 98%. All the viruses that we know are used to steal money and IDs all are from the West. The US Government is the greatest thief and 419 on earth. See what is happening in the Middle East.

You can be a real Nigerian by doing the following:
- Not doing online fraud
- Not being a tribalist
- Not being a religious fanatic or bigot
- By having the interest of Nigeria first b4 self
- By dealing with each other according to the content of our chracter rather than tribal discrimination
- Not stealing
- By working to earn legitimate money
- By not recognising or respecting fraudsters

Let us all promote the ideal and good virtues of a true Nigeria.
Let us all be PROUDLY NIGERIANS.
Let us do what we can do even in our own little steps to repair our badly damaged image.
We are the hope of Africa, the light, the leader, the HEART OF AFRICA.

There are hundreds of good Nigerian earning legitimate income abroad. These are found in different fields, from Medicine, to Science, to Sports, to Literature, to the Academia, to business, politics, military, police and international diplomacy.

I respect every Nigerian irrespective of your tribe, educatinal level, religion or faith. We are all one.

Please fellow Nigerians share with us your thoughts, ideas, pains, happiness, an experience and whatever you feel about Nigeria and Nigerians.
Are you representing?!

You can join our network of ENLIGHTENED MILLIONAIRE BUSINESS MEN AND WOMEN.
MASTER'S BUSINESS LEAGUE
You get info and periodic trainings, seminars, support on investments leading to the creation of Multiple Streams of Income.
send a mail to
info@hillcrestng.com
or SMS your name, phone number, e-mail address, state of origin, state of residence to 08033962278
with your interest to join us. We will send you details of our membership registeration and a brochure of what and how we invest.

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian? Share Your Experiences And Ideas With Us! by gooro: 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2008
Nice piece. It may be nice if you have some ideas on how we can add to the Nigerian dream instead of just reeling out existing facts.

Bright ideas anyone.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian? Share Your Experiences And Ideas With Us! by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 20, 2012
you ID killed the thread lmao Al capone
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian? Share Your Experiences And Ideas With Us! by ifyalways(f): 3:23am On Sep 20, 2012
Is this about loving and wanting to contribute positively to the growth of "Nigeria" or about your club ?
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian? Share Your Experiences And Ideas With Us! by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 22, 2012
Question 1: I was born in Lagos, lived quite a number of years in Lagos. Grew up around products of a lot of cultures in Nigeria. I got d Naija blood in my veins, part of what drives me is Nigeria! I understand and love my ppl die!

Question 2: Omo Yoruba le mi oo, Swagga!!

Question 3: Christian

Question 4: Mehn, I should say it's some of d mentalities we have. We are very resourceful, intelligent and unique people. All Nigerians are comedians, we laugh @ and in spite of our conditions. Naija no dey carry last, period!!

Question 5: I hv things in stock but for now all I've done is try not to fit the bad stereotype undecided, get good grades embarassed embarassed

Question 6: Can't think of any!

Question 7: Ah!! Creativeness would be encouraged, Gender equality, Everyone who isn't lazy can be given a platform to be great. If one works hard, there should be results

(1) (Reply)

Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? / Delta Igbos In Delta State / 12 Completely Insane Festivals From Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.