Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death (20566 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / Checkout This Homework Given To A 5-Year-Old Pupil (Photo) / Teacher In Lagos Forces Her Pupil To Brush Teeth With Sand As Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ifyalways(f): 11:39am On Oct 24, 2012
solomon111: Flogging dosen't kill jor.
It's necessary for effective discipline.
Folly abounds in the heart of a child,but a rod of correction will drive it far from him/her.
same mentality with the teacher.

Where are the childs guardian, parents that sent her to school?whose duty is it to ensure that the child does the homework?

What if there was no power @ home for the child to do the homework?
What if she was sent on endless errands, such that she didn't have time to do the homework?

Parents need to sit up and tight to their duties. You can even assign an older kid(if any)to help the young ones then go through all their works, commend and correct when necessary. Its not enough to send a child to school, you have to go all the way with the child.

Teachers too, they need to understand that certain offences are not entirely the kids fault hence no point flogging or punishing the child. Invite the parents!!!

When a child comes to school unkempt, late, does not do her homework, late in payment of fees, has no school books etc, DON'T punish the child, invite the parents!

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by twilliamx(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2012
UdekeJ: embarassed its her fate! My condolence to her parents,may God give them the fortitude to bear their loss!
Pure crap..someone's negligence is involved, either the parents or the teacher...an autopsy will solve the assumption, her body should be exhumed and examined..this is the 21st century, u don't base life on assumptions, u investigate and get facts..
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by CrazyMan(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2012
Its absolutely wrong to flog someone else's child...most especially, when you're not contributing a dime towards the child's up keep.

If a pupil fails to do her home work, must you flog her like an animal?

Did she (the teacher) bother to inquire why the poor child wasn't able to do her assignment?

Would she (the teacher) claim that she's unaware of the fact that most pupils hawk and sell goods for their parents after school, just to make ends meet.

That teacher should be arrested and dealt with.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Rooneyboy(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2012
Odunnu: Kept flogging her till she fainted! shocked
teacher is so mean!
Who says flogging cant kill? Well, it just did.
babe good morning ,
I respect u soooo sooooo much , u might not know this but that's the truth.

Pls I would like u to call ur colleagues(moderators) to order .
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 24, 2012
Flogging doesn't kill?! Where are you guys getting that information from! I think flogging kills because it can cause great harm to the body.

It should be banned and the teach should be punished for her action!
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 11:54am On Oct 24, 2012
all4naija: Flogging doesn't kill?! Where are you guys getting that information from! I think flogging kills because it can cause great harm to the body.

It should be banned and the teach should be punished for her action!

Shut the skunk up!! angry

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by cheleku(m): 12:02pm On Oct 24, 2012
moderatorr: If flogging kills, i would have been dead since.
I schooled in the seminary.
It was no toy gun play.
------
Twin twisted 2.5mm copper wires exposed at the tip for maximum pleasure.
Tearing your skin through your shirt.
Like days of Jesus, your own blood shows the foot prints of the cable.
The strokes are nearing 50 now and you haven't moved an inch.

One more stroke lands where the last 3 has landed, the pain digs deeper.
You look your formator in his eyes, he smiles back "you said you are sick? this cane will heal you!"
Whip! Whip! Whip! you smile back with your head bowed, but the tears pull through.
You arent crying, all the other students are watching you and waiting patiently for their turn.

Someone had made a comment in class while the teacher was teaching and no one wanted to point out the person.
So the whole class is being punished.

You are standing in the middle of a two feet diameter circle, drawn by your torturer.
If you danced out of the circle, he will cancel all the strokes he had given you and start afresh.
Such is the horror, such is the pain, you have seen and felt it many times before so you aren't even dancing.
You are standing still like a tree, and displaying your art of self separation from pain.
If you throw a punch back, you will be rusticated from school.
You can, but you wont. You are smiling.
Not that you dont feel the pain, but your smile makes it ineffective.
Whip! Whip! Whip! Blood! Blood!
You would need a new shirt after this shit.
If you schooled in the seminary, you would have passed through this too.
Nigger You will be introverted.
BAN FLOGGING IN THE SEMINARY!
Different folks with different endurance. It not everyone that has the ability to endure such physical trauma. Again, the girl in question might have been suffering from some kind of ailment.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Shut the skunk up!! angry

You called me a skunk?! How dare you?! You abominable psychopath. Get your head check,dude. I am entitled to my own views. Dickhead!
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by geeez: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2012

I can imagine what so people would have been posting if the teacher was Yoruba. It's a lesson to everyone on corporal punishment. Doesn't do any good
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by yomtolly(f): 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
Unfortunate incident
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Angel778(f): 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
solomon111: Flogging dosen't kill jor.
It's necessary for effective discipline.
Folly abounds in the heart of a child,but a rod of correction will drive it far from him/her.
bt it depends on how d child was flogged. Thats why teachers are always told to beat the pupil strictly on their palm or buttock instead of hitting d child al over her body including d head.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by tayooluwole: 12:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
i think flogging donsnt kill...if it does i suppose to ve died... I remember d time i was young whn it was almost everyday i used to receive brutal beating frm my father for one offence or d other... Then, my father flogged me not with ordinary cane but turner dat we used for making EBA nd AMALA... Or sometimes with broom in which case after d flogging i used to hire d service of my younger one wu will help me to remove all d vextigial broom dat would ve penetrated into my body in d process of receiving d flogging frm my father... Whn it comes to corporal purnishment, i ve a story to tell... I still dont beleive dat d young girl died as a result of d flogging until i see d result of d autopsy in connection to her death...
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Flogging doesnt kill..

She probably had some other illness that the flogging aggravated..
100 likes.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
tayooluwole: i think flogging donsnt kill...if it does i suppose to ve died... I remember d time i was young whn it was almost everyday i used to receive brutal beating frm my father for one offence or d other... Then, my father flogged me not with ordinary cane but turner dat we used for making EBA nd AMALA... Or sometimes with broom in which case after d flogging i used to hire d service of my younger one wu will help me to remove all d vextigial broom dat would ve penetrated into my body in d process of receiving d flogging frm my father... Whn it comes to corporal purnishment, i ve a story to tell... I still dont beleive dat d young girl died as a result of d flogging until i see d result of d autopsy in connection to her death...
Stop saying flogging doesn't kill! This idea is annoying. These are link of people flogged to death :

1. In Iran - http://www.iranfocus.com/en/?option=com_content&task=view&id=850.

2. In USA - http://thewhitehouseboys..com/2008/03/martin-taberts-story.html.

3. In Nigeria - http://allafrica.com/stories/201202061815.html.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by fpeter(f): 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2012
Adetoro Bukola: I dont think d girl died as a result of flogx may be d girl is an ogbanje.This will serve as lesson for some teacher who knows ao 2 overbeat.
...another stupid comment by an idiotic character, did you know the poor child before her demise? Several factors could have led to her untimely death you slowpoke..internal bleeding,who knows if she ate that day or was even ill? E.T.C....get ur facts right b4 talking crap, btw you still believe in the existence of Ogbanjes or Abikus? cry
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by fingard02k(m): 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2012
I heard the incident too...But what i'm seeing here is quite different from what happened..According to what i heard from the school was that the late girl was asthmatic..
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by slimyem: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Stop echoing me!! angry
it wasn't on purpose...
Didn't even see your post before i did mine...
Nor vex..cheesycheesy
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by KINGwax(m): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
berem: how do you know she is an ogbanje? Una go open mouth dey talk anyhow! I think flogging should be outrightly banned from schools.there are other punishments which can be given to pupils/students and not flogging! We are in the 21st century for crying out loud! If I can't flog my child,then why should someone else do that because he/she wants to discipline my child? Walahi,God will punish anyone who dares lay a cane on my child!!
mtcheew! ***long hisssssss***
shebi your child will continue the idiocy you started?
Most of our mothers were virgins before marriage. you, their daughters were bore holes before 17yrs old.
We knw excessive beating or beating for every crime is wrong, but not floggin at all is worst. Yes!
Call me old school.
**mimicking the fool** 'God will punish anyone who dare lays a cane on my child'.
Mtcheew!
Where is the child? Is it dt thing who fears no one talkless of God?(oh, i forgot, his parents aint even a biliva).
Is it dt same thing who threw broken mirror under it's aunty's skirt to see the color of her pants?
Or dt bully dt looks overfed like a bull? Or dt girl who doesn't even listen to her parents?
If any one touch dt child for any action, his mother go shout o!
Foolish people, be copyin oyinbo. Shebi u see the extent of indecency in their land. Issokay, we don dey see am small small.
Foolish people...i repeat, foolish people.
Well RIP o dt dead child. Na God knw where una come from. Na only u dem beat?

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Emmy9ite(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
CHESSBOARD: shocked

Teacher flogged your Bum-bum and you lost one of your teeth, Nairaland!!!shockedshockedshocked

grin grin grin
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by vislabraye(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

In secondary school, before my very eyes, My Aunty (A teacher) was having an arguement with another teacher, who was angry with her for leaving the class she (My aunty) was supposed to be invigilating (J.S.S 2) to me (An S.S 3 Senior) to handle while she quickly attended to someone in the staff room.

Nne, they didnt even touch each other, my aunty collapsed unto the floor, and died upon arrival at the clinic..

I guess we can add quarrel to list of killer activities..
angry

Tell me again!! This is amazing.
Many people saying flogging should be banned, may be you need to go to some public schools.
If you spare the rod you spoil the child. The teacher was just unfortunate. May be the child was due to die and she just catalysed the process.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by nagoma(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2012
dominique:

exactly what i was thinking. reminds me of a case my mum told me of one student who kept pleading with the teacher not to flog her cos she's sick. the teacher went ahead and the girl collapsed and died on they way ro the hospital. teacher fled and was not heard from again (this was pre gsm era).
i'm not totally against flogging but moderation is the keyword...

Was this also in the east?
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Emmy9ite(m): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
Poor teacher! I just cant imagine what she will be going through now, in her life, she will never touch any child with a cane again. I think the flogging triggered off what killed her. Its possible she had an empty stomach to school. Big lesson to everyone, not everyone you see on the street is alive and fit, some people are jst living to put you into trouble when you touch them.
#Peace!
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by cantell(m): 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2012
nagoma:

Was this also in the east?
What has east got to do with his post, dumbhead?
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by fingard02k(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
Emmy9ite: Poor teacher! I just cant imagine what she will be going through now, in her life, she will never touch any child with a cane again. I think the flogging triggered off what killed her. Its possible she had an empty stomach to school. Big lesson to everyone, not everyone you see on the street is alive and fit, some people are jst living to put you into trouble when you touch them.
#Peace!

The girl had ASTHMA..The teacher shouldn've beated her cus she was aware that the girl was ASTHMATIC..Thats where i blame her, she should've sent her out of her class or give her suspension.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by buchibabe: 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
slimyem: it wasn't on purpose...
Didn't even see your post before i did mine...
Nor vex..cheesycheesy

Even if u did,what's wrong wit dat? Nobody has monopoly of words here. Abi wil u be banned for itt? Just askin
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by sushieater: 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2012
alacrity007: Did she floged her with something different? i wonder weather she use metalic object??
gbagaun sha
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by buchibabe: 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
sushieater:
Which person profile?..All those una dumb formats no dey pay again o, dey here dey waste d little time you have left to live in dis world..Onye Oshi!!

Hehehehehehehe.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
dnawah: The teacher of the year 2012.this is how they suffer to bring up presidents,governors,docs,engrs,but never recognise in the society.i blame her parents.good parents alway make sure that they children do they home work and go visit the school to no how they children r doing.teachers are not our enemies.
Your post make brain.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2012
CHESSBOARD: shocked

Teacher flogged your Bum-bum and you lost one of your teeth, Nairaland!!!shockedshockedshocked

Ok, young man, u MUST pay for my sprite that spilt cos of the laughter ur comment caused!!
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by olushy: 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Expelled From Unibadan For Insulting VC, To Appeal In 14 Days. / University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against Management Amid Heavy Security / All 14 NANS Presidential Aspirants In 1 Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.