Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death (20562 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / Checkout This Homework Given To A 5-Year-Old Pupil (Photo) / Teacher In Lagos Forces Her Pupil To Brush Teeth With Sand As Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by annastacie: 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2012
in europe cane are not meant for humans but for animals, i guess i will blame the parents for not helping their child/children wit their home work.most importanly i blame the teacher though i dont the level of cane he flog the child but that was bad, i mean very bad. parent train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Odunnu: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2012
Rooneyboy:
babe good morning ,
I respect u soooo sooooo much , u might not know this but that's the truth.

Pls I would like u to call ur colleagues(moderators) to order .
Thanx man! I appreciate.
Now which of them is infringing on your rights?
Send me a pm/mail or use our complaints thread. This is to avoid derailing this thread
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
buchibabe:

Even if u did,what's wrong wit dat? Nobody has monopoly of words here. Abi wil u be banned for itt? Just askin

WHO call you join our talk?!!

Oya chop your own.. angry

Tatafo.. angry
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 4:11pm On Oct 24, 2012
all4naija: You called me a skunk?! How dare you?! You abominable psychopath. Get your head check,dude. I am entitled to my own views. Dickhead!

Na wah o!!!
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Daluuzor(m): 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
moderatorr: If flogging kills, i would have been dead since.
I schooled in the seminary.
It was no toy gun play.
------
Twin twisted 2.5mm copper wires exposed at the tip for maximum pleasure.
Tearing your skin through your shirt.
Like days of Jesus, your own blood shows the foot prints of the cable.
The strokes are nearing 50 now and you haven't moved an inch.

One more stroke lands where the last 3 has landed, the pain digs deeper.
You look your formator in his eyes, he smiles back "you said you are sick? this cane will heal you!"
Whip! Whip! Whip! you smile back with your head bowed, but the tears pull through.
You arent crying, all the other students are watching you and waiting patiently for their turn.

Someone had made a comment in class while the teacher was teaching and no one wanted to point out the person.
So the whole class is being punished.

You are standing in the middle of a two feet diameter circle, drawn by your torturer.
If you danced out of the circle, he will cancel all the strokes he had given you and start afresh.
Such is the horror, such is the pain, you have seen and felt it many times before so you aren't even dancing.
You are standing still like a tree, and displaying your art of self separation from pain.
If you throw a punch back, you will be rusticated from school.
You can, but you wont. You are smiling.
Not that you dont feel the pain, but your smile makes it ineffective.
Whip! Whip! Whip! Blood! Blood!
You would need a new shirt after this shit.
If you schooled in the seminary, you would have passed through this too.
Nigger You will be introverted.
BAN FLOGGING IN THE SEMINARY!
did u attend BCS awka? Lets relate pls
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
LNGKMdie
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Daluuzor(m): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
yemi2plus2: Give dat teacher d kind of beatN dat d aluu4 recieve
u bad oo, u r not even sure of d story!
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by nagoma(m): 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
annastacie: in europe cane are not meant for humans but for animals, i guess i will blame the parents for not helping their child/children wit their home work.most importanly i blame the teacher though i dont the level of cane he flog the child but that was bad, i mean very bad. parent train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.a word is enough for the wise.

In the Europe I know flogging an animal ( cruelty to animals) is not allowed and can lead to severe legal sanctions. So cane is not meant for humans or for animals .
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by buchibabe: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

WHO call you join our talk?!!

Oya chop your own.. angry

Tatafo.. angry

Lolz. Fish brain
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Tomeseen(f): 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2012
If u know u can't be a civilized teacher. Better pick up anoda line of work. Y u shud feel motivated to cane someone child is totally beyond me. Any ill-mannered child prolly learnt it at home, ur flogging isnt going to make a difference. There are authorities in school who can discipline silly children without flogging dem. Charity begins at home, any parent who wants you to flog their kids for dem. Tell em, no. They shud do ℓ̊†̥ theirselves. How do u xplain to d parent dt U̶̲̥̅̊ were only trying to instill discipline wit ur own brand of flogging dt leads to death. Abeg!!!

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ciphoenix: 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2012
lovethsophia: Flogging can kill if it gets to an extent ooo. I remember the experience I had when one bastard/useless boy slapped me on my face. I nearly fainted if not of God's grace, maybe the boy would hv been in the shoes of the teacher by now. its good we treat others with human feeling and not with the heart of a beast. When that teacher started the flogging and saw that the child is in pain, she was supposed to stop.
seems some of them actually enjoy seeing the tears. It makes them happier than seeing a student not cry
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ciphoenix: 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
Rooneyboy: oh boi I tire o,
I was the first to comment and I actually made a nice and decent comment(at least to me)
For crying out loud I'm not and will never be a garri activist so I'm still wondering the moderator deleted my comment.

And I would like to repeat exactly what I wrote before ,

and I quote " it would be advisable they take that teacher to a psychiatric hospital and check her mental state "

Pls make una come tell me wetin dey wrong for that comment.

they said you posted a get-rich-quick scam smiley
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ciphoenix: 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2012
freecocoa: See what I was saying the other day, most of these teachers are frustrated, they flog people's children with reckless abandon.
Well let her face the wrath of the law.
its quite sad. Heaven help that teacher that decides to do such to my Kid
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ciphoenix: 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2012
twilliamx:
Unless flogging a pupil as been outlawed that is when the teacher can be held liable, what they should do Is to do an autopsy on the girl, no one knows if the girl, had been abused @ home, maybe underfed, maybe suffering from a terminal disease unknown to her parents, all this assumption would have not been there if they had done an autopsy on the girl before she was quickly buried by her parents...mtscheeeew..9ja police..they don't even know their job..
In other words, if i beat someone to death, an autopsy should be conducted before i can be arrested. Well thought out angry
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ciphoenix: 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2012
all4naija: Flogging doesn't kill?! Where are you guys getting that information from! I think flogging kills because it can cause great harm to the body.

It should be banned and the teach should be punished for her action!
gbam
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ciphoenix: 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Flogging doesnt kill..

She probably had some otherillness that the flogging aggravated..
in other words, getting shot doesn't kill you. Not wearing teflon does undecided
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by swtcharissa(f): 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
Plz u guys shud dtop blaming d teachers,most of us here if not all of us,have been flogged by our teachers in d past,n dis have helped one way or d other to better our lives.I want to believe dis girl has been killed at ngt n was only waiting for an opportunity in d day time to die physically.am sure she was not d only one flogged for nt doing assignment.MAY HER LITTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by symbianDON(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2012
is the teacher a native of Aluu village in port harcourt? They are known to beat people to death using pestles and cudgels. Just thinking....
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ciphoenix: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2012
swtcharissa: Plz u guys shud dtop blaming d teachers,most of us here if not all of us,have been flogged by our teachers in d past,n dis have helped one way or d other to better our lives.I want to believe dis girl has been killed at ngt n was only waiting for an opportunity in d day time to die physically.am sure she was not d only one flogged for nt doing assignment.MAY HER LITTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE
was flogged thrice in all my years in secondary school. None in primary(they were all public schools). One thing i can say is the flogging contributed nothing to my growing up. Only made me hate certain teachers.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by agohavivi(f): 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2012
slimyem: I do not think the flogging is the cause of death in this case..
...the flogging probably triggered something else off!
Exactly. All the same flogging should be done away with.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by agohavivi(f): 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2012
luluosas: I don't believe the girl died as a result of the flogging. After all, my master once flogged me with quarter rod iron and I am still alive till today.
Though the flogging didn't kill you, it obviously affected your brain. It takes someone who is not mentally fit to sound the way you do.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by agohavivi(f): 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2012
@swtcharissa: Nonsense! A child died because the strokes she was given led to complications that eventually took her life and here you are spewing rubbish. Where you the one that killed her at night? How come you know? Think before speaking.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ciphoenix: 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2012
agoha_vivi: Though the flogging didn't kill you, it obviously affected your brain. It takes someone who is not mentally fit to sound the way you do.
you badt gan
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2012
ciphoenix: in other words, getting shot doesn't kill you. Not wearing teflon does undecided

Flogging is not a fatal form of discipline.. However, it could lead to complications in certain rare instances such as this that might cause death.

Riding a bicycle isn't fatal, but in the proces, it could raise your heartbeat and lead to something bad.

Groundnut isn't poisonous or fatal, but it could cause allergic reactions in some people and kill them.

Child birth isn't fatal, but it could lead to complications in some women and kill them.

Hope u get it..
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ciphoenix: 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Flogging is not a fatal form of discipline.. However, it could lead to complications in certain rare instances such as this that might cause death.

Riding a bicycle isn't fatal, but in the proces, it could raise your heartbeat and lead to something bad.

Groundnut isn't poisonous or fatal, but it could cause allergic reactions in some people and kill them.

Child birth isn't fatal, but it could lead to complications in some women and kill them.

Hope u get it..
yes, perfectly. It can kill. But not all the time smiley
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Chibest2000(m): 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Flogging doesnt kill..

She probably had some other illness that the flogging aggravated..
gbammmm lipsrsealed
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
asthma in some patients are not discovered until later years, teachers have been warned not to over-flog, asthmatic students cld die by just one stroke!
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by esho18: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2012
somtyms who is to blame 4 al ds?som pple re jst livin cops lookin 4 who wl gv dem a total rst....God hlp us sha
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by STORM2(f): 12:19am On Jul 25, 2013
KINGwax: mtcheew! ***long hisssssss***
shebi your child will continue the idiocy you started?
Most of our mothers were virgins before marriage. you, their daughters were bore holes before 17yrs old.
We knw excessive beating or beating for every crime is wrong, but not floggin at all is worst. Yes!
Call me old school.
**mimicking the fool** 'God will punish anyone who dare lays a cane on my child'.
Mtcheew!
Where is the child? Is it dt thing who fears no one talkless of God?(oh, i forgot, his parents aint even a biliva).
Is it dt same thing who threw broken mirror under it's aunty's skirt to see the color of her pants?
Or dt bully dt looks overfed like a bull? Or dt girl who doesn't even listen to her parents?
If any one touch dt child for any action, his mother go shout o!
Foolish people, be copyin oyinbo. Shebi u see the extent of indecency in their land. Issokay, we don dey see am small small.
Foolish people...i repeat, foolish people.
Well RIP o dt dead child. Na God knw where una come from. Na only u dem beat?

God help u.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by STORM2(f): 12:27am On Jul 25, 2013
swtcharissa: Plz u guys shud dtop blaming d teachers,most of us here if not all of us,have been flogged by our teachers in d past,n dis have helped one way or d other to better our lives.I want to believe dis girl has been killed at ngt n was only waiting for an opportunity in d day time to die physically.am sure she was not d only one flogged for nt doing assignment.MAY HER LITTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE

Getting cained by frustrated lunatics NEVER brings out the best in ANY child. Ppl flog kids because they are sadists at heart and frustrated with life.
Cos if u really "care" about children u'll TALK to them not kill them.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by STORM2(f): 12:44am On Jul 25, 2013
I noticed something about us. We're fond of saying nonsense like "after all when I was a child they beat me with pressing iron" Or
"After all my father used to beat me with broken bottle"

Please please and please that ur teachers/parents abused u as a child doesn't make it alright. White/oyinbo ppl don't always have to "teach" us how to think. Did u enjoy being beaten? Right now when u think of people who beat u mercilessly does it bring joy to ur heart?
So why do you insist that our children must continue to endure the same brutality?

Some say children are unruly and must be cained. I say that's a lazy mans way of thinking. Flogging is the laziest and most unproductive means of discipline when employed by teachers. IT SHOULD BE BANNED. I know of teachers who are better at flogging than doing their job which is TEACHING.
God help all of u who insist that because u suffered brutality that our future generations must also endure it...tufia kwa for u!
Caining was once a norm in places like england. There is a reason they stopped it. Its not always about the physical pain. The psychology behind things also matters. They say the child had asthma...for all we know the child was just very scared. Scared kids breath funny (that would explain the fainting). I once met a kid who nearly fainted just because I was about to inject her (just to collect blood sample for lab test oh). Her breathing became laboured because of fear. I had to spend a while explaining to her that needles don't kill. Children are vulnerable. Let's protect them from sadists abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against Management Amid Heavy Security / Student Expelled From Unibadan For Insulting VC, To Appeal In 14 Days. / Apply For Medcine Or Masters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.