Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist (8353 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) / She Was Raped By Her Gynecologist, Pls Advice! / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by bjcole(m): 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2012
i dnt knw if this topic has been posted b4, but i will like to know if its ok allowing one's wife to see a male gynecologst. Mine had a tear during childbirth, though it was sown, but a family friend that assisted during her recovery used too much of hot water on her. Later we discovered d stiches was coming out. So a midwife introduced us to a male gynecologist to restich it. So i will like 2 knw 4rm ladies if its just ok & 4rm guys, any emotional truama after this, though my wife is ok wit it.
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by dare2think: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2012
nothing wrong!

except you have problem seeing a female doctor when you are ill too!

7 Likes

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by bjcole(m): 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
@ dare2think, i dont ve problem seeing a female doctor, but i cant remember going to one to inspect my private part or help shave d hair, or check if i my balls are still present, I dont why we cant compare things appropriately. Anyway thks 4 contributing

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by dare2think: 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
You clearly missed my comparison.

bjcole: @ dare2think, i dont ve problem seeing a female doctor, but i cant remember going to one to inspect my private part or help shave d hair, or check if i my balls are still present, I dont why we cant compare things appropriately. Anyway thks 4 contributing

Lets assume you notice something funny on your scrotum and you are worried. You go to a clinic, and alas, the doctor available is female, do you think your wife should/would have issues with the female doctor inspecting your balls?

Dude, when it comes to health matters, female doctors/male doctors are trivial matters. You should worry more about their competency rather than their gender!

10 Likes

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by uboma(m): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2012
@ op, i feel u. If its gonna be in a private hospital, u can as well accompany ur wife and be there during the procedure. Alternatively u could get a female family friend or female sibling (ur wife must be comfortable with d female friend/sibling) to be with ur wife during the process. In this way ur mind will be at rest that the doc aint trying anything funny.
Good health to ur wife.
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by vanbonattel: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2012
to most doctors, seeing a p.u.n.n.y is as easy as seeing a case file for a policeman, relax, he has not finished checking out the fresh ones of young chicks.

2 Likes

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Mowire: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2012
@OP. So which doctor(s)/gyna did your wife see during pregnancy? You sound like you endangered your wife's, & now born baby's lives during pregnancy by not seeing appropriate medical personel.
Pls let your wife see gyna. Male or female makes no difference! Most that I've met are male anyway.
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Sissy3(f): 1:08am On Oct 25, 2012
They have seen it all. Nothing new. Qualifications should have precedence over gender esp when it comes to such a delicate issue. however, if bothers you both a lot, you can always look for a qualified female ob/gyn
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2012
I had male Gynaecologist and they are even old to be my father and my hubby's always with me for check ups , Pap tests and examination down there.

So relax like people already said, it's nothing to them,

I wonder what goes on in those gynaecologists brains during examinations undecided ? tough work .
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by bjcole(m): 6:21am On Oct 27, 2012
thks all for ur response, @ dare2think i still ve reservation 4 ur comparison, women think differently from men on this kind of issue, i still will ve a rethink as a man on taking my pp to female doctor for observation or operation when i ve options, & i m not in an emergency . As much as i knw that it is just clinical, but some f these Drs dont help matters, i ve lot of them professionals as friends, when u hear what say, u start having a rethink in opening ur viginal 4 a male gynecologist.
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by bjcole(m): 6:31am On Oct 27, 2012
jidegirl12: I had male Gynaecologist and they are even old to be my father and my hubby's always with me for check ups , Pap tests and examination down there. So relax like people already said, it's nothing to them, I wonder what goes on in those gynaecologists brains during examinations undecided ? tough work .
a lot goes on in their brain, Those dat r close 2 them know, they only act professionally in ur presence, A man is man Dr or no Dr.

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 27, 2012
he is jus doing his job its not like he is going to have sexual intercourse wit her after stitching her up
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by drnoel: 10:49am On Oct 27, 2012
dare2think: nothing wrong!

except you have problem seeing a female doctor when you are ill too!
If only u knew better,...but I won't enlighten u and would prefer to allow u wallow in ur ignorance
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by drnoel: 10:51am On Oct 27, 2012
jidegirl12: I had male Gynaecologist and they are even old to be my father and my hubby's always with me for check ups , Pap tests and examination down there.

So relax like people already said, it's nothing to them,

I wonder what goes on in those gynaecologists brains during examinations undecided ? tough work .
u don't need 2 wonder. I can tell u,...nothing goes on in their heads. Cos they have women of their own so no outside's toto would make them blink.
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 27, 2012
You are very insecure, jealous and controlling you need to deal wit those issues, This is beyond a male Gynecologist. So you will prefer a less qualified Doctor if that is the case because you cannot deal with your issues?
Do you know how many patients they see in a day? The way some people think I just cannot begin to comprehend. I always tell my gynecologist that one day him and the scanning thingy should buy me a drink, lol, they actually put a con-dom on it and explore all the explorables.
I would rather have a qualified make doctor who is thorough than have a dead baby or cervical cancer.
Wives who let their husbands control every aspect of their lives including their health think they are being "submissive" but they are just being controlled. The only reason my husband has to speak with my Gynea is when there is a complication. Why would any man be insecure to this level?

3 Likes

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by ifyalways(f): 11:18am On Oct 27, 2012
OP, does your wife, she whose body was torn, have a say ?

You can as well get needle and sew her up, no?

If this is a trick question, I jump and pass.

2 Likes

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 27, 2012
ifyalways: OP, does your wife, she whose body was torn, have a say ?

You can as well get needle and sew her up, no?

If this is a trick question, I jump and pass.
I love you jor. You are right he should sow it himself the female gynea could be a lesbian
Just imagine, Let us forget that that might be the best Gynea, No, he is a man, let her stay while we search for a female youth corper gynea.
Doctor Wada must have a permanent hard on be that, the veejays he sees everyday.
When I was doing IVF, nothing wey them no put for there, no where he no look for there, so what happened after that? shebi he leave the machine pounce on me? Abeg, I no even fit talk.
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by dare2think: 11:27am On Oct 27, 2012
drnoel:
If only u knew better,...but I won't enlighten u and would prefer to allow u wallow in ur ignorance

The only person wallowing in ignorance is you and your 1950's thinking!

In this day and age, how can one be worried of the gender of a health professional? are you serious!

Shouldn't the health and ability of the person come first?

So because you may have heard of funny stories about certain doctors you limit the scope of competency based on gender!

Why not go live in saudi arabia?

Perhaps, when next a woman is going to open a bank account, the bank manager, cashiers and even the gate man must be women too!
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by denzel2009: 11:34am On Oct 27, 2012
Just buy singer machine and sew it yourself. You can put a button sef.

5 Likes

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by slimyem: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2012
denzel2009: Just buy singer machine and sew it yourself. You can put a button sef.
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by drnoel: 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
dare2think:

The only person wallowing in ignorance is you and your 1950's thinking!

In this day and age, how can one be worried of the gender of a health professional? are you serious!

Shouldn't the health and ability of the person come first?

So because you may have heard of funny stories about certain doctors you limit the scope of competency based on gender!

Why not go live in saudi arabia?

Perhaps, when next a woman is going to open a bank account, the bank manager, cashiers and even the gate man must be women too!
lol, u obviously mistook my meaning for one of ur own and since u have done so there is no need telling u anything else and so I would allow u wallow in ur ignorance. Bros, health is wealth and that is what is impt 2 people in my profession.
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by bjcole(m): 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2012
mondi_cheeks: he is jus doing his job its not like he is going to have sexual intercourse wit her after stitching her up
thks madam, i knw this is purely clinical, but is my concept & approval not necessary b4 this can be done? Now if i express my reservation based on what i heard or knw abt some of them, is it out of place? i dnt why retarded ladies like debrief & her cohorts will always make useless comments here. who m i 2 jealous of, u or my wife.
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
bjcole: thks madam, i knw this is purely clinical, but is[b] my concept & approval [/b]not necessary b4 this can be done? Now if i express my reservation based on what i heard or knw abt some of them, is it out of place? i dnt why retarded ladies like debrief & her cohorts will always make useless comments here. who m i 2 jealous of, u or my wife.
Consent and approval oh Lwad, hmmmm.
While you are waiting to decide to "consent and approve" Hope she has got some help or till you decide to consent and approve first? What if there are no female Gynea, she will stay there with her tear, forget the pain, take your time and consent and approve, you are the "man" and the "head" she must submit.
Heavenly father have mercy

3 Likes

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by baby124: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2012
Details are important here. What does she need the gynae for? His expertise or a particular procedure he is renowned for. I think you should talk to her, and both of you agree on what is best.Don't force your insecurities on her if she really needs the guys help. But if its a routine procedure, I think she can compromise. Personally, I feel very uncomfortable with a man prodding and probing down there. No matter how professional. I have done my bi-yearly cervical exam with a male gynae before, and I almost died of embarassment. He was professional though. I just think with a woman, I can ask questions which she can relate to and I won't be rotflmao from shame, on my way home.

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2012
baby_123: Details are important here. What does she need the gynae for? His expertise or a particular procedure he is renowned for. I think you should talk to her, and both of you agree on what is best.Don't force your insecurities on her if she really needs the guys help. But if its a routine procedure, I think she can compromise. Personally, I feel very uncomfortable with a man prodding and probing down there. No matter how professional. I have done my bi-yearly cervical exam with a male gynae before, and I almost died of embarassment. He was professional though. I just think with a woman, I can ask questions which she can relate to and I won't be rotflmao from shame, on my way home.
Your case is different, your body, your decision, your discomfort, she has a tear and in pain, inclusive the trauma of childbirth and being burnt, He is thinking over consent and approval based on his fears and insecurities not concern for her health
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by bjcole(m): 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2012
@debrief & cohorts u r all retarded, if viginal has been used for all form nonsense like u said with ur mouth, so someone else must do same. A viginal that has been used by all available dick & harry, battered left & right 4rm teenage, why will it be new. U come here & comment, fools. get more knowledge, then u will ve brain & think twice b4 u open ur dirty viginal for them to plaster.
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2012
bjcole:
@debrief & cohorts u r all retarded, if viginal has been used for all form nonsense like u said with ur mouth, so someone else must do same. A viginal that has been used by all available dick & harry, battered left & right 4rm teenage, why will it be new. U come here & comment, fools. get more knowledge, then u will ve brain & think twice b4 u open ur dirty viginal for them to plaster.
Thank You and Bless you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by baby124: 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
bjcole:

Are you really married? Why are you throwing infantile insults up and down because people have other opinions. You opened a thread and people put up their own opinion. Frankly, I hope you don't verbally abuse your wife when she disagrees. I don't think she needs your consent to see a gynae male or female. She can talk to you about it and you can talk to her about how you feel. Both of you can agree to a decision. These people are professionals and well trained. Nothing special about your wife's vagina. Am sure they have seen better and tighter. So please Mr. Man respect yourself and at least put yourself together and come across as a mature, married man. I can't believe anyone will marry someone that throws insults so quickly. Please reexamine yourself and your attitude. Your name is cool by the way. Benjamin Cole?

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2012
baby_123:

Are you really married? Why are you throwing infantile insults up and down because people have other opinions. You opened a thread and people put up their own opinion. Frankly, I hope you don't verbally abuse your wife when she disagrees. I don't think she needs your consent to see a gynae male or female. She can talk to you about it and you can talk to her about how you feel. Both of you can agree to a decision. These people are professionals and well trained. Nothing special about your wife's vagina. Am sure they have seen better and tighter. So please Mr. Man respect yourself and at least put yourself together and come across as a mature, married man. I can't believe anyone will marry someone that throws insults so quickly. Please reexamine yourself and your attitude. Your name is cool by the way. Benjamin Cole?
Disagree ke? She dare not. WHo does she think she is? His words and decisions are law, how else would you explain sitting there with a tear from too much hot waer and waiting for her husband to decide if he will "approve and consent" to a professional male Gynea.
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
bjcole:

Why now? I thought you're seeking for people's opinions and views? You don't have to insult, besides... How many posters are you willing to insult?
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
debrief08:
Disagree ke? She dare not. WHo does she think she is? His words and decisions are law, how else would you explain sitting there with a tear from too much hot waer and waiting for her husband to decide if he will "approve and consent" to a professional male Gynea.

That's why I do t like that hot water thing... Mba! sad
Re: Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
bjcole: a lot goes on in their brain, Those dat r close 2 them know, they only act professionally in ur presence, A man is man Dr or no Dr.

Shame on your physicians friends that discuss their patients at the bar and what not! Their licence should be revoked for bridge of confidentiality, it's just wrong.... even without seeing you in person , you sound very possessive and it's not very attractive !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do I Do? / How Did Your Husband Propose? / Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.