Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

I Need Urgent Dental Advise. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Urgent Dental Advise. (3788 Views)

I Beg Una! Anybody With Dental Surgery Wahala? Dry SOCKET Pain!!!! / The Best Dental Clinic In Ikeja (lagos Mainland)? / Best Dental Clinic In Lagos, Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2012
Hello Health guys, pls my cousin has badly crooked front teeth, He's very insecure about it and would like to have it fixed, i have inserted a pic of his teeth, pls can you kindly tell me how much a corrective procedure might cost, are LUTH and LASUTH viable options?
Thanks so much,
remain blessed and healthy.

Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by Odunnu: 6:18am On Dec 16, 2012
Has this teeth been corrected? How did it go? If you dont mind, lets have a picture of the new look.

I have a younger friend who has a similar scattered teeth problem, that is why I ask
Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by initialize(m): 9:52pm On Dec 16, 2012
I'm presently an in-patient at Lasuth, you'll av to wear braces for total correction for about 2 years, it will cost u a fixed amount 150k for d treatment, but replacement of buccal tubes or bracket is not included in d installmental payment of 150k.
Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by dominique(f): 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2012
Odunnu: Has this teeth been corrected? How did it go? If you don't mind, lets have a picture of the new look.

I have a younger friend who has a similar scattered teeth problem, that is why I ask

The younger the better. Its better for your friend to start using braces at a young age so as to correct the scattered dentition. The older she gets means she will have to use the braces for much longer and its quite expensive to install and maintain. Actually dental veneers is the quickest solution, but I'm not sure if our hospitals specialse in that kind of surgery.
Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by Odunnu: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2012
dominique:

The younger the better. Its better for your friend to start using braces at a young age so as to correct the scattered dentition. The older she gets means she will have to use the braces for much longer and its quite expensive to install and maintain. Actually dental veneers is the quickest solution, but I'm not sure if our hospitals specialse in that kind of surgery.
Hmmm. Thnx. I'll some more enquires.
Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
Well it hasnt been coreected... but he has been to Lasuth and has been placed on the waiting list till January 2013.. about the fees, it would cost about 200k
Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by Odunnu: 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
Jeez! N200whaaat?
Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2012
Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by Odunnu: 11:45am On Dec 31, 2012
chaircover: Lool Odunnu, Sounds about right.

Braces are quite expensive but they do a great job. If its affecting his confidence then its worth the money.
Wow! Then i'll need support. I thought it was something I could pull thru alone. Her family go contribute their quota o.
Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by Nobody: 3:11am On Jan 04, 2013
it was a big blow to his confidence.. but now that he has gotten the braces and there is great improvemnt he has warmed up somewhat.... a great improvement and its worth all the naira we are going to spend!!
Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by Elemosho: 8:30pm On May 30, 2013
I have sometin similar too...it is major but not as major as this. I just finished doing scaling and polishing...a little painful. I'm now thinking of resetting my teeth but the idea of carrying braces for long time is my prob as I am an office person. I'm covered under health plan so I'm not worried about the cost.
Re: I Need Urgent Dental Advise. by penzino(m): 8:48pm On May 30, 2013
Pls guys, I have serious toothache, any advice on what to use or any drug to take Thanx

(1) (Reply)

Where Can A DNA Test Be Done In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria. / COVID-19 Update For October 3 2021 In Nigeria / Woman Goes "Mad" In Public, Undresses Herself On A Busy Street. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.