Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery (5773 Views)

Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! / Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? / Gej Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by macjive01: 10:18am On Oct 25, 2012
Ohanaeze Ndigbo has condemned the exclusion of the southeast in the proposed refineries to be established by the federal government.

The Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, had told aviation correspondents that government would use the money realized from the removal of oil subsidy to rehabilitate the existing refineries and then build new ones in Bayelsa, Kogi and Lagos states.

president of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Lagos State chapter, Chief Oliver Akubueze, said that the exclusion of south-east from the states where the new refineries would be located is not fair.

According to him, Southeast should be considered for the location of the refineries, going by the fact that it is also oil producing geo political zone and has the least of federal presence among all the geo-political zones in the country.

He urged President Goodluck Jonathan to ensure that the neglect of the southeast, which has been the trademark of successive governments does not continue.

Akubueze said that southeast deserves one refinery among other numerous federal presence.
His words,” It is very disheartening to hear from the Minister of Information Labaran Maku, that how the revenue to be generated from the proposed removal of oil subsidy would be shared has been concluded without a mention of the southeast. I want to say that this is not acceptable to us. The time has gone when Ndigbo are relegated to the background. President Jonathan should make sure that Ndigbo is involved in the scheme of things in the country. What is the basis of selecting Bayelsa, Kogi and Lagos for the location of new refineries while no state in the southeast was selected.

For how long would they continue to remind us that we were vanguished?
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by antontech(m): 10:52am On Oct 25, 2012
Refinery or no refinery,what will it add to a grassroot igboman.Those eating the money will continue benefitting from it.Refinery my foot

1 Like

Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by macjive01: 11:25am On Oct 25, 2012
Igbo need a refinery. There is no federal presence yet In igboland, hving a refinery would not only create Indirect employment but wud jump start many moribund industries in the region.

Many plastic Industries need the raw material from refineries.

Reduce the cost of refined products in the east, which is currently 1.5% higher than national average.

Help mitigate the stress and persecution faced daily by ndigbo marketers

Would show a genuine commitment to mitigate the marginalization faced by the average igbo. And aftermath of the Biafra war .
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by aljharem(m): 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
In reality no refinery would be built. So Ohaneze don't stress yourselves. Although if any would eventually be built then Ohaneze is right because SE is an Oil producing region (Imo, anambra and abia). Lagos does not need a refinery, I am a lagosian.
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by PaulJohn1: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
Must tribalism/comparism be involved in everything in this country?

The minister of Aviation made an adjustment in her cabinet- people complained about her of been a tribalist.

Revival of train Network from Lagos to Kano was proposed- the complain was that "the FG is only concerned about the West and the North".

The S/West voted out the ruling party when they wanted- they said "Yorubas are tribalist for doing so".

When the Ijaws, Urobo, Igala talk- they said "they're minority and irrelevant".

GEJ appointed ministers- what we heard was "GEJ is been partial for making Yorubas few in his cabinet and giving them only the post of minister of state and few for minister"

Now, refineries are proposed- GEJ denies Igbos of refinery.

If we continue like this, the country will crumble.

At times, Shouldn't we reason before making utterances?!
S/East is the closest to the S/South that has refinery, what's the point of locating another refinery.

Nigeria(ns) I hail thee cool

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by geeez: 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem: In reality no refinery would be built. So Ohaneze don't stress yourselves. Although if any would eventually be built then Ohaneze is right because SE is an Oil producing region (Imo, anambra and abia). Lagos does not need a refinery, I am a lagosian.

Lagos doesn't need a refinery? So it's Kaduna that does right? Tell me which state in Nigeria has the most demand for refined petroleum products?
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by aljharem(m): 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
geeez:

Lagos doesn't need a refinery? So it's Kaduna that does right? Tell me which state in Nigeria has the most demand for refined petroleum products?

Trust me, I don't want some eastern idddiot shouting that Yorubas and Hausas are stealing all their refinery. Let them have their refinery.

No refinery to Lagos, Lagos would build her own and so would the SW and North
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by OmoLisabi(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
upon all the 99.9999999% Vote cast?
Dumping ground
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by geeez: 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem:

Trust me, I don't want some eastern idddiot shouting that Yorubas and Hausas are stealing all their refinery. Let them have their refinery.

Well Lagos is planning one for the Lekki Free Trade Zone. Besides Lagos, Ogun and Ondo are oil bearing states and why should we wait for the FG to build when they can't manage the ones they already have effectively
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem: In reality no refinery would be built. So Ohaneze don't stress yourselves. Although if any would eventually be built then Ohaneze is right because SE is an Oil producing region (Imo, anambra and abia). Lagos does not need a refinery, I am a lagosian.
LMAO! Alhaji,sometimes you dey talk like pesin wey wire they touch for im brain! Today you talk for ndi igbos,tomorrow you talk against! You make me confused.WTF is wrong with you?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by free2ryhme: 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
dont you get guyz get it an ibo man can never be trusted
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by aljharem(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
berem: LMAO! Alhaji,sometimes you dey talk like pesin wey wire they touch for im brain! Today you talk for ndi igbos,tomorrow you talk against! You make me confused.WTF is wrong with you?

I ALWAYS TALK FOR NDIGBO. What makes it seem I am against ndigbo is when it comes to Biafra war issue. Apart from that, I see igbos and us as one and the same. I am for justices and hate injustices. So for this reason, I support a refinery for SE.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by salam001(m): 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
free2ryhme: dont you get guyz get it an ibo man can never be trusted
Are you trying to be funny?
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by Standing5(m): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
They demonstrated that they don't need a refinery during the January subsidy protest. They can afford to buy fuel for any price.
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem:

I ALWAYS TALK FOR NDIGBO. What makes it seem I am against ndigbo is when it comes to Biafra war issue. Apart from that, I see igbos and us as one and the same. I am for justices and hate injustices. So for this reason, I support a refinery for SE.
oh I see!
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by GARRIx7(m): 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2012
Goodluck Ebele AZIKIWE Jonathan Denies Igbos of a refinery... cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by free2ryhme: 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
salam001: Are you trying to be funny?

nah i am fooling ya old age
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by free2ryhme: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
kidnapping was not denied the igbos...
looting was not denied the ibos...
rituals/bloodmoney was not denied the igbos...
fakedrugs was not denied the igbos....
BUT refineries was denied the igbos grin grin grin grin grin grin

my ibo brodas i hail oooo
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by 1025: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
Paul John: Must tribalism/comparism be involved in everything in this country?

The minister of Aviation made an adjustment in her cabinet- people complained about her of been a tribalist.

Revival of train Network from Lagos to Kano was proposed- the complain was that "the FG is only concerned about the West and the North".

The S/West voted out the ruling party when they wanted- they said "Yorubas are tribalist for doing so".

When the Ijaws, Urobo, Igala talk- they said "they're minority and irrelevant".

GEJ appointed ministers- what we heard was "GEJ is been partial for making Yorubas few in his cabinet and giving them only the post of minister of state and few for minister"

Now, refineries are proposed- GEJ denies Igbos of refinery.

If we continue like this, the country will crumble.

At times, Shouldn't we reason before making utterances?!
S/East is the closest to the S/South that has refinery, what's the point of locating another refinery.

Nigeria(ns) I hail thee cool

what do u mean by the country crumbling? is nigeria standing now? if you lack what to say, it will help u to keep quiet. tell me among all the ministers under jonathan, whose office is more effective than Barth Nnaji? and tell me why among all of them, na only Barth Nnaji will be sacked or forced to resign? do u know because of jonathan, tow igbo pdp chairmen(ogbulafor and nwodo) were sacked/forced to resign for reasons yet unknown. is it too big for the igbos to ask for one refinery. west and north are contributing less in the country yet they have more federal projects and attention more than the SE - why? do u think all these injustice against the Igbos will give nigeria unity and development they deserve? can u just point to one thing the igbos are benefiting from the federal govt apart from the killings in the north and other parts of the country on daily basis? the Bible says; and ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set u free. as long as u and ur likes have refused to know the truth, there will not be peace for the wicked.
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by salam001(m): 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
free2ryhme:

nah i am fooling my old age
@bolded,I see
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by slysteel: 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
who cares if FGN builds a refinery in the south east.the igbos were the first to build a privately owned refinery by orient oil so we will build more

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by ikdpal(m): 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
Let him remember that we ibos regard nd wll alwayz support him...at the end let there b a legacy left 4 us 2 count on the niger delta. Change is sth that neva change! it may b our turn any time, so we giv him all he needs 2 continue.
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by aljharem(m): 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
slysteel: who cares if FGN builds a refinery in the south east.the igbos were the first to build a privately owned refinery by orient oil so we will build more

True that is a fact.
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by CyberG: 12:52am On Oct 26, 2012
alj harem:

Stop being a lilly-livered ass kisser. Let the FG cite the refinery in Lagos and I think the SW folks will decide if they want to build anymore. You seem to have become so compromised by iboz, their crying now makes you an apologizer and ass kisser to them, why? Iboz are extremely ungracious and the only answer to any of their force is EXTREME BLUNT FORCE.
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by CyberG: 12:53am On Oct 26, 2012
alj harem:

True that is a fact.

Which refinery? Is it not the one still under planning and construction?
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by CyberG: 12:55am On Oct 26, 2012
slysteel: who cares if FGN builds a refinery in the south east.the igbos were the first to build a privately owned refinery by orient oil so we will build more

Which refinery? Is it not the one still under planning and construction?
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by Wadeoye(m): 8:48am On Oct 26, 2012
Standing5: They demonstrated that they don't need a refinery during the January subsidy protest. They can afford to buy fuel for any price.

Yes, you are right man. Igbos dont need a refinery and dont deserve one. They refused to join subsidy protest boasting they can pay any amount for fuel - which is ok more so that most of them dont do real hardwork for money. They make money from 419, robbery, cheating, etc. Hence, they can afford to pay any amount for any anything including fuel.

They dont deserve anything - Lagos will supply fuel to the united states of Biafra.
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by macjive01: 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Goodluck Ebele AZIKIWE Jonathan Denies Igbos of a refinery... cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

This is not funny
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by macjive01: 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
CyberG:

Stop being a lilly-livered ass kisser. Let the FG cite the refinery in Lagos and I think the SW folks will decide if they want to build anymore. You seem to have become so compromised by iboz, their crying now makes you an apologizer and ass kisser to them, why? Iboz are extremely ungracious and the only answer to any of their force is EXTREME BLUNT FORCE.

CyberG, all igbos are asking for is simply fair play. Live and let live.

We have been victimised for so all, just an opportunity to galvanise their specialial god given ability to the fullest.

If Israelis can turn a desert into a flourishing city and agricultural farmland why do you think the Igbo - whom time and again have proven to have better and higher intelligence than our cousins the Israelis not be able to transform this hell called Nigeria to heaven ?
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by macjive01: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by Daresh(f): 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
Please get over yourselves! angry angry sad
Re: GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery by Elueme: 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ibos should stop whining and crying.. Their mentality seems like that of a defeated people and it sucks.... Stop complaining. There is nothing that Nigerians won't attribute to tribalism, we need a change of mentality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Types Of Election Rigging Methods And How To Stop Them / Light Skin People And Multi Racial People Are Not Blacks / Buhari On Rescue Mission To Save Nigeria –  Yakubu Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.