Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? (913 Views)

Osinbajo, Fashola And Ambode At Dangote Refinery In Lagos / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) / Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by stevoski059(m): 3:19am On Nov 01, 2015
Have intentions of establishing a Refinery in Imo or Abia , which will be more viable ? if you understand wht I mean.
Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by Vicotex(m): 3:33am On Nov 01, 2015
Aba
Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 01, 2015
Very viable. For some reason Imo and Abia governments are not making any capital investments in oil and gas when compared to Anambra which has less proven oil and gas reserve and operations but investing heavily.

1 Like

Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by IGBOSON1: 3:45am On Nov 01, 2015
new2020:
Very viable. For some reason Imo and Abia governments are not making any capital investments in oil and gas when compared to Anambra which has less proven oil and gas reserve and operations but investing heavily.

^^^The govt's in Abia and Imo are more of talk talk talk with little or no follow up!
Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by rdokoye: 3:45am On Nov 01, 2015
Anambra has the largest gas reserves in Nigeria. It's the oil, that is fairly small in quantity.
Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by Ofodirinwa: 3:49am On Nov 01, 2015
What do you mean by viable? Gas is gas, no matter where you set up a refinery the objective is to sell it and people will buy it. You can sell overseas or domestically but trust that it will be bought

when setting up trade business, like malls, shops, etc, 'viability' matters. When you're manufacturing you can be in the ocean for all anyone cares so long as people want to buy what you have they'll buy it. There are refineries in Alaska and Siberia as well as total deserts in the middle east, and people suffer to go buy it from those locations because viable or not, people need gas.

If i were you I would consider the state you personally feel most comfortable in. I'm from Imo state but I hold no bias because you should do what makes sense to you and your sensibilities. Is there something you like more about one state over the other? How about education for your future children or leisure? Cost of living? Livability is more important in this case than viability

1 Like

Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by Nobody: 3:54am On Nov 01, 2015
rdokoye:
Anambra has the largest gas reserves in Nigeria. It's the oil, that is fairly small in quantity.

Do you have a source? As in ranking of states by oil and gas reserves. Curious to know where Cross River stands.

1 Like

Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by Nobody: 3:57am On Nov 01, 2015
Move it to anambra state. The government would help you build it under certain conditions. Ansippa, the state government's branch for investments would lay out interesting plans for these factory, reduce the cost of capital, reduce tax for a certain period of time..
Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by Cutehector(m): 4:20am On Nov 01, 2015
Op so I believ u hav billions of naira ? cheesy
Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 01, 2015
Cutehector:
Op so I believ u hav billions of naira ? cheesy
he doesn't need billions of naira to invest in anambra state, just an idea and a thesis to back it up. If the idea is viable, investors would come for him
Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by eleko1: 5:47am On Nov 01, 2015
Happy New month Y'all wink cool. Remember a lll baby suffering from respiratory tract infection.Put a smile on dis girl face/our sacrifice will do her a kind favor.Send ur donation to OGUNRUKU MERCY ITUNU. UBA account number 2056071186. May God enlarge Ur coast
Re: Building A Refinery In Imo State How Viable Can It Be? by orisa37: 9:03am On Nov 01, 2015
Both are in the se but protect it in and out of bunkering.

(1) (Reply)

BH December deadline Airforce Commandos At Its BEST! Very Galant Airforce Men / Local Air Traffic Analysis Points To The Regions With The Highest GDP / BIAFRA: Whose Interest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.