Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) (40428 Views)

The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians / Armoured 2009 Ford Expedition For Politicians, Government Dignatories & Vip's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Lets get something cleared here. Okada was not developed with commuting in mind, we found it a necessary evil to get from Point A to B. With the advent of the quick bucks syndrome, people tend to forget skills acquisition and join the madness called 'Okada'. Okada was a child of necessity that went viral and became a weapon of mass destruction of bones, rendering many "a parentless" and manufacturing an army of foreigners who troop into Lagos from Niger Republic for quick buck. This madness has to be stopped and if Lagos must become our own NYC, then, someone has to be called 'Bad'. I stand by Fashola on this.

Great comment.

2 Likes

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by foyeks2001(f): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
onatisi:
oh my god ,how do people reason like this for goodness sake

If u cannot afford Lagos, kindly go back 2 ur village...must u live in Lagos? Abeg free Fashola...am in support of dis policy...if all of us should leave our villages, who then wld provide food for those in the cities...
Bros, go farm jor
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by miky(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
so people commit offenses, and your supporting them.. these idiots decided to ply one way routes, something that has led to deaths and accidents numerous times and your complaining... fashola should just let the jungle rot itself out..sheesh
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by lagcity(m): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
High_Chief: Yoruba will always turn and stab you at the back. Am not surprised

yeah! a cowarldy Yoruba soldier once stabbed your family by giving them kwashiorkor and running away to cote d'ivoire. grin

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by buchibabe: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
drzed: Reality is a byatch.
(Chai, first time I have used a swear word in Nairaland)

Get ready! Ur ban is on d way. Lol
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by james1(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
Kaykay,please grow up;people from outside lasgidi made it what it is today.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
I support Fashola fully
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Sike(m): 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2012
martyns303: The master plan, use them to get to the top, however make sure u destroy them so the nxt man don't use them to defeat you.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
BRFers!! good move no doubt.. it is a no-brainer.. get rid of the accident-prone contraption and give Igbobi some rest and recuperation.. however therein lies the imminent problem.. how to manage these (usually) high-on-illegal substances, unemployed and aggravated-common-sense hoodlums (from far North Chad and Niger) who no doubt live among us in close proximity to our children, our wives, our husbands our livelihood given the scarcity of educated and well-trained, well-armed (well-fed) civil police force.
In typical Naija fashion, BRF tries the medicine before he can figure out the side-effects but hey, very few cure comes with side effects 4-times the pain of the illness.
1: Increase in non-tax paying, unemployed able-bodied populace that Lagos has to take care of anywayz
2: Increase in crime rates as well as frequency, boys have to chop come hell or high-water and the closer they are to sources of sustenance (that is us) the better. those prissy girls who get dropped off at bus-stops a long-way from their homes will surely have the company of our resident sex-starved agberos to contend with.
3: Increase in ghetto population. coz all they know how to do is.. (yes, you guessed right. make sweet unprotected love angry damn it nairaland bot #@3f) and guess who pays for all the free (subsidized) health care?
4: Kidnap trends have shown that perpetrators have had some education even up to tertiary levels, imagine the unsophistication these breed of ex-okada riders will bring into the game.. hmmm I wonder.

Perhaps an antidote is in play..
1: Increase in transportation options, completion of light rails (without attendant high fares and tolls)
2: State Police (that are not all Muslim-yorubas like LASTMA)
3: Actual use of the vaunted city-wide CCTVs for fighting/reducing crime rates.

No doubt the festive seasons will throw up nasty challenges in the area of Security. I am sure Fashola has a huge vat of elbow grease to tide us through.

Up Fashola!! Eko oni Bajeooo!!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by amosy007: 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Lets get something cleared here. Okada was not developed with commuting in mind, we found it a necessary evil to get from Point A to B. With the advent of the quick bucks syndrome, people tend to forget skills acquisition and join the madness called 'Okada'. Okada was a child of necessity that went viral and became a weapon of mass destruction of bones, rendering many "a parentless" and manufacturing an army of foreigners who troop into Lagos from Niger Republic for quick buck. This madness has to be stopped and if Lagos must become our own NYC, then, someone has to be called 'Bad'. I stand by Fashola on this.
and i stand by u on this except u change ur mind 2mao
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Sagamite(m): 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
Good job, Fashola!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by inspbado(m): 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
Virtually every tom,dick and Harry from every part of Nigeria and west Africa even(Niger,Benin to name just a few) is rushing to Lagos to ride Okada. This situation is adding to lagos' problems. Lagos as it is, already groans under an overpopulated space, inadequate infrastructure,crime etc. People should stop blaming fashola for banning Okada. I think they should rather direct their anger at the FG and other state governors who have failed to develop other states to lessen the burden borne by Lagos state. A situation where,for example,a farmer or an artisan leaves his profession and runs down to Lagos to ride Okada does not augur well for the nation.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by OkwaIfugo(m): 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
if this was done by PDP in LAGOS they would have occupied the whole Nigeria.
Good for them. oya make them go gani fawemi park occupy na ?
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Paulaok4(f): 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
mrkels: A Puzzle: Which governor distributed helmets before election & seized their bikes after election?

Uncle I I I: Governor Fashola
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by obaomoabu: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
God will judge all this things
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by flexdee(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2012
Fashola is doing the right thing here only if the people understand what it means, the only problem I'm having here is the destruction of the motorcycles.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Smooyis(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
How many people fashola will give 50k to in a populated state like lagos?
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by veron007: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nice one! This the best piece I have seen in awhile.
The pictures says a thousand words.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by seunajia: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nigerians are very malicious people.
Answer these questions:
1. Why did he ban Okada? Any sensible reason(s)?
2. Did he place a TOTAL ban on Okada?
3. Aren't Bikes allowed to ply non-express roads?

The governor earlier banned Motorbikes on EXPRESSWAYS because of the disservice they were doing. But because our people never comply/obey laws, they ignored the ban.

Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, we the SENSIBLE people of Lagos state are behind you. Anyone of those lawbreakers your agents apprehend should be JAILED! angry Including the defiant passengers. Rubbish!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Smooyis(m): 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
How many people will fashola give 50k to in a populated state like lagos? 8-)
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GentleNaaz(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2012
Fashola is my close frnd, na wash. GEJ dy pik my cal hmself, na wash. I b frnd 2 Aliko Dangote, na washsad
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
Aren't the okadas the assholesss that always wanna run in front of a moving vehicle all over Nigeria?
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by idesignwebsite(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Excellent! Comparing Dubai To Lagos is like comparing Nigerian street vigilantes to the USA commandos !!!
Dubai was a desert some few years ago,and who says we can't strike black gold some years down the line,and transform lagos to the financial and tourist hub of Africa.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
idesignwebsite:
Dubai was a desert some few years ago,and who says we can't strike black gold some years down the line,and transform lagos to the financial and tourist hub of Africa.

Wake up and smell the egusi soup buddy
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Cleanman(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
REALITY101:

Wake up and smell the egusi soup buddy
whats with this sheer beef and jealousy i smell 4rm all dis niggas criticizing whom i perceive 2 be ibos calling the guvnor all sorts of names e.g an ethnic tribalist.?!,the evil and unrully behaviour of the okada guys needed 2 be curbed!,they were warned nt 2 ply major roads bt as u knw,we have deaf pipz...way2go fashola!.we must develop lagos at all cost.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by crown777(m): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
State Government has resisted Okada on about 400 Roads of the over 10,000 Roads Network in a Lagos !
I think the several years of PDP misrule has affected our psych so much that we easily allow disgruntled politicians to mislead us without recourse . Over 5000 Fatal Okada accidents were recorded between Jan and June 2012 in Lagos State alone, is it not crazy for a Okada rider to be plying Third mainland Bridge and some very deadly route ? Okada is restricted on major highways because of the threat they constitute to themselves and other road users. They are restricted from using bridges such as Carter, Eko and 3rd Mainland. If there is no political undertone to all these, who in his right sense would allow his relation embark on this suicide mission without compensation?
Do we even know the stress artisans now go through simply because they barely get apprentices as ever one had plunged into Okada riding. We can continue to blow grammar here on social media but I know some of my very close associates that had been deformed for life as a result of Okada accident will understand better. Pls kindly read below Governor Fasola's position on the Okada protest
"THESE PEOPLE ARE TOO RECKLESS. JUST TODAY WE DEPORTED 100 BACK TO NIGER REPUBLIC FOR FLOUTING OUR LAW. THEY SHOULD GO AND BE BREAKING THE LAW OF THEIR COUNTRY. FOR CHRIST SAKE, WHY WOULD A LEARNED PERSON BE SAYING OKADA RIDERS SHOULD BE PLYING OUR HIGHWAYS BECAUSE OF POVERTY AND UNEMPLOYMENT? I URGE YOU TO VISIT LASUTH, LUTH AND PRIVATE HOSPITALS ACROSS LAGOS AND SEE LIMBS, ARMS, LEGS, HEADS AND OTHER PARTS OF THE BODY THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN CUT OFF BY THESE OKADA RIDERS. GO TO MORGUES IN LAGOS, MOST UNCLAIMED CORPSES THERE WERE VICTIMS OF OKADA RIDERS. Eko oni Baje ooooo. To me they should be banned out rightly from LAGOS,only a MAD PERSON would support d RIDERS.

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by salafiyy: 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
LEAVE HIM TO ACT THE WAY HE CHOOSE TO, ALLAH HAS A WAY OF DEALING WITH PEOPLE OF HIS KIND
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by senator2k9(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
This picture is simply the handwork of PDP . Did fashola even totally ban bikes? The rule is simple, DONT RIDE UR BIKES ON THE EXPRESS ROADS !!!! Come to think of it, must everybody live in Lagos? If u feel fashola banned bikes from lagos, why not relocate to ur village n start Okada there n see if anyone wil ban u!! The problem is dat Everyone wants to claim I am in Lagos....let's learn to accept development n innovations instead of living in a lawless country n complain everyday !!!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by pheesayor(m): 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
riding bikes on the expressway is suicide, nigerians are lazy that's why they can't readthe law and even know the banned routes. and if anyone feels some routes should be allowed, approach the state assembly for an ammendment instead of playing victim . uthor=katunj]I guess reading is one major problem of we nigerian, I still dont understand why u people find it hard to understand simple things, u guys shld try and get a copy of the lagos traffic law and read, it was stipulated in the document that okada must not ply some major highways in the state, get the document (itz all over the web) and u will see the list of the roads okada riders are not allowed to ply, not that it was totally ban from operating in the state. you guys shld try and knw watz in the law b4 posting rubbish jor!! angry[/quote]
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Dee60: 10:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
OKADA is a menace on Lagos roads. For those criticizing Fashola, could you come up with a better way to handle the growing menace? Should BRF approve something that is not right just for the sake of elections? For anyone living in Lagos, have you found any group as lawless as Okada riders? Has the government not been making moves in the past to appeal to them, did they listen? What is Okada doing on 3rd mainland or Expressway? In some sane countries, even human beings are not allowed to litter around express roads!

This is the same as people crossing the road right underneath pedestrian bridges that have been repaired and modernized by BRF. You would even see pregnant women, pulling two young kids trying to cross the road right under the bridge (Ojota, Onipanu especially!).

Why are we choosing the lawless path in Nigeria, even when we know that the path is injurious?

Think!

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ifykns: Fashola shud provide job befor banning okada. He should think of the poor people befor implementing anything. He should think well o
make them free okada,join brt nd lamata
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by chubbyzegna(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
grin grin grin.......the next campaign will be with keke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Indimi’s Post-Baby Body / Inside Tafawa Balewa's Memorial House And Tomb In Bauchi (Photos) / Pension Alert: Ex-biafra Police Officers Go Wild In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.