Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) (40445 Views)

The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians / Armoured 2009 Ford Expedition For Politicians, Government Dignatories & Vip's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by naptu2: 5:52am On Oct 26, 2012
Alternatives?
naptu2: [size=14pt]Fashola commissions the sixteenth skills acquisition center; condemns FG import policy.[/size]

The number of skills acquisition centers in Lagos is now 16 as the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) has commissioned the latest addition to the centers located in the Mushin area of the state.

Speaking at the commissioning, the governor said that the state has equipped a total of 13,422 residents of the state with poverty alleviating skills in a period of four years.

A breakdown of the figure shows that 9,566, representing 71.3 per cent were women while the remaining 3,856, representing 28.7 percent were men. The governor pointed out that more youths, between the ages of 20 and 30 years, have been the greatest beneficiary, constituting about 11,509 or 85.7 per cent of the total graduates produced from the centre.

“These are the ordinary people I speak of to whom government owes the greatest responsibility and in whose eyes our government remains a model of what a caring government should be,” he said.

Governor Fashola added that the curriculum covers a wide range of courses including barbing, fashion design/dress-making, hairdressing/ cosmetology, photography, shoe/bag making, tile laying and interlocking, screen printing/Lithography technology, wielding, refrigeration and air-conditioning installation and maintenance and computer studies among others.

While berating the federal government for its import policy, the governor said allowing the importation of household items would destroy the country’s economy.

He said: "I am worried by the recent announcement of the Federal Government to allow importation of furniture, toothpick, textile and vehicles that are 15 years old.

"This policy decision is not the answer to the problem of smuggling. The answer lies in a methodical and multi-dimensional response. It includes strengthening of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) through technology such as scanners, improving local productive capacity and reducing dependence on importation."

The governor said importation has killed the local economy and led to a high rate of unemployment, advising that smuggling could be tamed by well structured security mechanisms.

The governor urged the Federal Government to reverse its policy on importation and concentrate on stimulating the growth of local industries through constant electricity supply.

He said: "Our freight forwarders, customs and ports will become busier from a positive reversal of fortunes that is driven by an export oriented economy, rather than an import driven economy."

The governor informed that the costumes used at last year’s Lagos carnival were made locally, saying the state has embraced a people oriented policy of patronizing local manufacturers.

http://www.lagosindicatoronline.com/Fashola_commissions.htm
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by oladayo042: 7:26am On Oct 26, 2012
How time flies!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by agohavivi(f): 8:35am On Oct 26, 2012
This picture reminds me of a proverb concerning the devil. It goes thus, "if the devil gives you a pair of shoes he'll end up taking your legs.

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by vanstanzy(m): 9:15am On Oct 26, 2012
RICHIE BOI: The Changing Face of Lagos. Eko o Ni baje oooooooo.
[Governor Fashola's relationship with Okada people, during the governorship Election and after Election].

Naija Can Do Better!

This man is heartless, but this is the kind of sanity Lagosians have been begging for... now we are getting it. Though its bad, but u've got to admit that since the ban of okadas' some level of sanity has entered into Lagos roads. Those okada guys were really beginning to get under our skin anyway.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by vanstanzy(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2012
smackimorn: all this daft, good for nothing YORUBA's here...who alwz say village nd igbo anyhow are useless.....i live in lagos, nd i'm happy to have a village, buh the lagosianz gave dia land to d white pple wu came during d slave bla blah...tinkin d whyte were godz...shame on lagosianz..

Guy, u dey make sense at all? Are u speaking to the spirits again, boi?
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by vanstanzy(m): 10:54am On Oct 26, 2012
OtunbaGm: I remember very vividly that Fashola was distributing helmet to Okada riders before his re-election for seconD term in oFfice! Now hE is serving them with traffic laws! Weldone d Captain!

I am in Ondo stAte now, ur brodA akEre fail yakata. Don't forget you mite need dos okada riders again!

Iyan ogun odun man joyan lowo! D good in those okada are beta dan baD ones! We shall see saw! O dojo alE......

IF FASHOLA IS GOING TO WIN ANY POLITICAL OFFICE, HE'LL WIN WITH OR WITHOUT THE OKADA GUYZ. ONCE HE'S DESTINED, THEN HE HAS NO PROBLEM, HE'LL GET THE NECESSARY VOTES FROM ELSE WHERE. GBAM!
THE BAN ON OKADA IS VERY NECESSARY.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by shewababy(f): 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
It's a big lesson[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by odoguigbo: 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
What had this Fashola of a person ever done for the masses who suported him to wine his election which ever good"NOTHING"than to turn people down. The first appreciation that he shown to traders for suporting him, was setting some markets squre on ablaze the markets to be mention but few are: Toduosho market Yaba, Mandalas market Lagos Island and other. For the residents in Lagos, were demolition to their homes and instead to address them friendly he only said that anyone that knows that Lagos is not suit to him or her should leave it and go his place"Alas! What a mad talk!" Fashola, you don't know the definition of leadership at all nomatter the high scores of your sertificates in education line you still have it zero in the world of wisdom. Now is the urgly turn to the bike riders that he took as parading soldiers during the election. Fashola, you think to smart and wise. Mara ihe ine me o!!!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by flymeup: 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
Actually fashola has did a good thing no matter the fact that he used the motorcyclist when he was elected for campaign.But it was after when it was clear that the rate of crises and corruption in Lagos increased as bike men contributed in kidnapping and armed robbing even accident also occurred rapidly in Lagos because of some mad bike men who drive crazily on the busy lane.I strongly support the governor of Lagos state for his deeds.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by SELFWORTH: 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2012
idesignwebsite:
Dubai was a desert some few years ago,and who says we can't strike black gold some years down the line,and transform lagos to the financial and tourist hub of Africa.

How will we do it? Am sure it won't be with the ramshackle leaders we currently have running Nigeria. They have no vision, no strategy, no planning , no goals and from NL forum no support from their own kindred. Just heavy bank accounts hidden all over the world.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nicompop: 10:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
take dat: Your username depicts you as a stu*id person. Does the BRT buses belong to Fashola or Lagos state Government? What a silly person you are, people like you shouldn't be found in sane environment

Take dat or wat ever u call ur name. u re a BIG headed goat wiv tinking brain, go hug transformer idiot.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by naptu2: 4:35am On Oct 27, 2012
Paraphrasing Ben Murray-Bruce: How can our leaders provide rickshaws (Keke Marwa) and motorcycles to Nigerians as transport solutions? These are 19th century ideas! I propose that the Lagos State governor and transport commissioner ride rickshaws and motorcycle taxis to work! Don't they see what happens in developed countries?

https://www.nairaland.com/413205/murray-don-vex
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 27, 2012
[b] grin >
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Paulonorival: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2012
Fashy, go my guvnor. Protect Lagos
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Bolarge1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2012
Lagos State Government said no fewer than 619 people were either killed or seriously injured in commercial motorcycle accidents across the state in the last two years.

I THINK MORE SHOULD BE DESTROYED TO SAVE LIVES.

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by olivertwist: 12:36am On Oct 28, 2012
If the law permits Fashola to run for '10th term' as Lagos State governor, he will still win effortlessly with or without Okada men. Afterall, Lagos is not made-up of Okada men alone. Moreover, the Okada restrictions in some areas are meant for their health and safety and that of their passengers.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2012
seunajia:

Stay on topic!

I smell so much anger and hate in your words. Did Fashola take your wife?
Anyway, Whatever you have against Fashola should remain politics. With regards to this policy, Fashola==Score!
Seriously now, do you sincerely think Okadas should ply highways?

I don't want to believe you have challenges with understanding what you read but with the bolded, I am left with no option because I never drifted off the topic and I don't dislike the person of Fashola however, I detest his policies with utmost passion and it surprises me the way many people supports it because of their selfishness since they believe they are not affected and IMHO, it is one of the major challenges facing us as a nation.
As for your 2nd question, yes I have issues with okadas plying some highways and I don't have with some other highways because I truly don't see the risk in them.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
idesignwebsite:
Hmmm some bird told me u had a manifest of all there accident scenario of all the patients.

Kindly read my post again and stop inferring silly cos I said in the ward that she was. And if you care to know, due to my frequent visits I became friends with quite a number of them and I surveyed why they were there. I am so happy I did because it disabused my mind of not only okada responsible for the accidents of most patients at Igbobi and what I used to watch on Newswatch on Mondays growing up.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by seunajia: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2012
GboyegaD:

I don't want to believe you have challenges with understanding what you read but with the bolded, I am left with no option because I never drifted off the topic and I don't dislike the person of Fashola however, I detest his policies with utmost passion and it surprises me the way many people supports it because of their selfishness since they believe they are not affected and IMHO, it is one of the major challenges facing us as a nation.
As for your 2nd question, yes I have issues with okadas plying some highways and I don't have with some other highways because I truly don't see the risk in them.

Yes I am sure you detest ALL of his policies with utmost passion. Yes all of his godamn policies!

It's apparent; your prejudice.

The man banned Okadas from Highways, curbs and one-ways. Should they be allowed there? Where is your sense of right and wrong?

Few more questions for you though:
**Should Okadas ply any highway at all?
**If not for the poverty in this country, what is our business with Okadas?
**Please state explicitly what wrong you think the man has done?
Half of my wits considers them rhetoric anyway.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by stepone(m): 10:38am On Oct 29, 2012
Mind you Guys....; There is a very BIG difference between Politics and Good economic life style planed for Lagos.

Fash. Is not a politician but trying to develop and stabilise Lagos.

If you are thinking less or not happy with this development in Lagos, go back to your hometown, start Okada business and start a new life.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
seunajia:

Yes I am sure you detest ALL of his policies with utmost passion. Yes all of his godamn policies!

It's apparent; your prejudice.

The man banned Okadas from Highways, curbs and one-ways. Should they be allowed there? Where is your sense of right and wrong?

Few more questions for you though:
**Should Okadas ply any highway at all?
**If not for the poverty in this country, what is our business with Okadas?
**Please state explicitly what wrong you think the man has done?
Half of my wits considers them rhetoric anyway.

If he knew they were not meant to ply on highways, why did he used them on the highways when he was campaigning? Besides, how many jobs has he created before stopping their source of livelihood? These and many more are the questions we should answer and then tell me what you think.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by seunajia: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
GboyegaD:

If he knew they were not meant to ply on highways, why did he used them on the highways when he was campaigning? Besides, how many jobs has he created before stopping their source of livelihood? These and many more are the questions we should answer and then tell me what you think.

"Use them"? undecided "Use" adults? shocked

And BTW, the policy came before the elections and the Okada execs came out saying they support the initiative. He has only criminalised it now.

He has not taken their "source of livelihood", he has just stopped them from endangering lives.

STAY OFF HIGHWAYS, DON'T RIDE ONE-WAY, USE PROTECTIVE HELMETS. It's that simple!

On the issue of job creation; I'm not a Fashola spokesman; but we're all aware he's created more jobs than even the Federal government.

Really, what is your point? Do you agree it's wrong for Okadas to ply expressways?

I asked if he took your wife, I'm starting to believe he did! Just kidding.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Sagamite(m): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
GboyegaD:

Is there something in the campaign guidance and rule books that state what kinds of roads you can utilise certain vehicle types when campaigning?

Please feel free to direct me to the book and the section of it that creates that edict.

I wait.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Olaolufred(m): 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
Fashola's Govt. recognize the fact that Okada as a means of transportation is useful to the socio-economic life of Lagos.
That is why He did not think of placing on its operations an outright ban.
ANYONE WHO USES THE WORD BAN IS AN ILLITERATE.
RESTRICTION Is the right word for the Governor's action.
Fashola had not done anything to harm or deprive the riders,
However, He has done His best in the interest of all Lagosians(Not just Okada operators alone).
Why must I jump at Lagos-Ibadan expressway, or darts into Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway for the world to know I want to make money?
While majority of these Riders wants to make the money on earth, they quickly send themselves and their tenant-on-bike to untimely grave.
Anyone can start any propaganda hiding under his lack of reason, but Lagos governance can not be made to suit only okada riders.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
Sagamite:

Is there something in the campaign guidance and rule books that state what kinds of roads you can utilise certain vehicle types when campaigning?

Please feel free to direct me to the book and the section of it that creates that edict.

I wait.

If he knows they are not meant to ply the highways, he shouldn't use them to campaign on the highways and stop trying to support what is not.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Sagamite(m): 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
GboyegaD:

If he knows they are not meant to ply the highways, he shouldn't use them to campaign on the highways and stop trying to support what is not.

So if you know schools are not TV studios/for adults to stand and argue but rather meant for teaching kids then you should not use schools for election debates?
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by amakuez(m): 5:02am On Jun 02, 2013
Abiodun Yung: [b] grin >
funaab postume form is not yet out...i tink dey r gona start selling on monday
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by akpomeme(m): 8:12am On Jun 02, 2013
RICHIE BOI: The Changing Face of Lagos. Eko o Ni baje oooooooo.
[Governor Fashola's relationship with Okada people, during the governorship Election and after Election].

Naija Can Do Better!

Their service was paid for. That has no direct consequences for the implementation of policies that will keep lagos safe.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Pygru: 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
Logicboy03: grin

Lesson for those who support the corrupt
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ohaneze: We’ll Vote Against Atiku, PDP If…… / Retired Police Commissioner Frank Odita Is Dead. / See Mothers Of Missing Chibok Girls Crying Today As Buhari Disappoints Them(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.