Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? (6030 Views)

Photo: Can This Kind Of Relationship Exist Again In This World? / Pampering Of Kids; Is It True Love For Kids Or Misconception Of Love? / Help My Neighbor, Her Husband Beats Her Mercilessly And Threatens To Kill Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by DDNICE: 11:18am On Oct 26, 2012
In my perspective I think those times have been replaced with technologies like DSTV,hansets and all other computer social networks. In other words pple no longer get so bored as to seek physical interactions like it were those days.

4 Likes

Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by acidtalk: 11:24am On Oct 26, 2012
Detonator-rex:
ofcourse it does..that's what makes us concerned about the ALUU 4..RIP brothers.

Please don't even go there.
Where were you when 25 students were also killed in Mubi?

The Okada riders in Lagos are your nearest neighnors, what have you don to speak against their ban??
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by joseff14(m): 11:27am On Oct 26, 2012
it exist but in a very small quantity.it gives more credence to the signs of the last day "the love of many shall wax cold".
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 26, 2012
People talking about love for neighbor, when you hide behind a funny handle and reck so much havoc on Niaraland, is that how to be one ; tribalism,religious intolerance, unpatrotic e.t.c
You guys should grow-up, if you want things to be like back then, you have to be more opened and don't blame it on nigeria woes, religious leaders or boko-haram. Your biggest enemy is you, if you do allow it

P.S This is the most neighborly way I can put it
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by MaxMoney(m): 11:40am On Oct 26, 2012
Love ur neighbour but dont get caught
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by MaxMoney(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2012
acidtalk:

Please don't even go there.
Where were you when 25 students were also killed in Mubi?

The Okada riders in Lagos are your nearest neighnors, what have you don to speak against their ban??

Why do u so much hate people talking against the Aluu evil? Are u from Aluu?
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by acidtalk: 11:59am On Oct 26, 2012
MaxMoney:

Why do u so much hate people talking against the Aluu evil? Are u from Aluu?

Yes I am from aLuu. One more word from you and I will lynch you and set you ablaze. Did I forget to tell you I will record it for all Nairalanders to watch.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by Nuezha(m): 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
It's all mindset.
No man...I repeat...no man is born to hate.
Anger is considered as inherent - a basic instinct so to say which informs nearly all other patterns of behaviour.
Just try to manage your anger...mild or grave...and it'll surprise you how acceptable loving and loveable you'll be before all men.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by werone: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
It's because our leaders (religious and govt), preach enemity to the peaople and even our so called musicians like Timaya all think they are not wher they are because of their neighbors.
But I think if we all wise up and stop listening to these so called leaders that try to tell you is your enemy that dont want you to progress or pass your exams. Then all will be well.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by Wilfredng: 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2012
hassymo5: Love for Neigbour is long gone is dis country,, gone are they days when we eat sallah and christmas food together,, gone are dose days we visit each other on those occassions,, now we hardly visit thinking your muslim/christain friend will kill you....love for neighbour is gone!!!!

Those days can still be here again. Just a little change of attitude.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by pecopeco: 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
hi

Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by acidtalk: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
pecopeco: hi

Your life is pathetic.
You are the kind of youths El-Rufai was talking about.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by Wilfredng: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
Nuezha: It's all mindset.
No man...I repeat...no man is born to hate.
Anger is considered as inherent - a basic instinct so to say which informs nearly all other patterns of behaviour.
Just try to manage your anger...mild or grave...and it'll surprise you how acceptable loving and loveable you'll be before all men.

Well said. No one, I mean no one is a sole lover of solitude. We just need to change our attitude and love one another again.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by Richy4(m): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
The love do not exist any more due to too much western exposure. modern parents wants their kid to be like black oyibo; hence high walls and gates are constructed in every modern building. how would the kid play with the neighbor when their walls are as high as that of a stadium. and they are taken in and out on of the house in mummy or daddy's cars.sometimes tinted glass. one would ask would they even know their neighbor? sad
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by lightheart(m): 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
kokolet007: Yes we still do dat We Jehovah's witness are teach to demonstrate it by showing love to our neighbor,leaving behind our personal things and visit our neighbor nd talk to them about God and his promise towards all humans

Are u one of the Jehovah Witness's kokolet?
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by MaxMoney(m): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
acidtalk:

Yes I am from aLuu. One more word from you and I will lynch you and set you ablaze. Did I forget to tell you I will record it for all Nairalanders to watch.

Lil wonder! I've bn watching u wt dismay... Anyway Bring it on... Sickmatic!
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by Babaken(m): 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
acidtalk: Do you think the government needs to be blamed for this or rather our religious leaders who stopped preaching the Love for the neighnor.
. Religion and parents are to be blame.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by Emioga: 1:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
chuckdee4: If any one of you had the neighbour i had growing up, it would have killed your believe in love thy neighbour, some people are just HORRIBLE by nature
u dey there?no like my neighbours o.dem dey kill me softly
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by 3kay945(m): 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
speeder:
u b mumu o
this is what the Op is saying.
I pity you.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by DAvIt0(m): 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
all i can say is ****old days trust nw dying****
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by chichiman: 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
NO IT DOESN'T. IF YOU THINK IT DOES, PRAY YOU DO NOT GET INTO TROUBLE BECAUSE THE DAY YOU DO, YOU'LL REALISE EVEN YOUR BEST FRIEND/NEIGHBOUR DOESN'T LOVE YOU AS YOU THOUGHT.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by GANDALF1(m): 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
kokolet007: Yes we still do dat We Jehovah's witness are teach to demonstrate it by showing love to our neighbor,leaving behind our personal things and visit our neighbor nd talk to them about God and his promise towards all humans
which stupid jehova's witnesses? I have one of your members in my compound who we would gladly trade for a muslim. Mtcheew undecided
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by Tinkybabe(f): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
3kay945: love eroded the society because the government imposed on them or chosen failed them.
I do not agree with that.Even in the 90s when Abacha and his cohorts were in power..love was still in existence
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by mejai(m): 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ok! Let's pause for a moment.
Assumin we r too love our fellows, who r we to love now?
Boko-harams
Aluu and Mubi
Kidnappers/adultnappers
Ritualists
Armed-robbers
And so on and so forth.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by uzoexcel(m): 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
u dzappointed me wid ur comments...seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!
freecocoa: Does one have to eat together with a neighbor before e go mean say there's love between them? If you want to see children running around and housewives doing amebo go to the ghettos, the people in highbrow areas are a bit busy chasing money and forming butty so they practically have no time for such, they usually do their own form of showing love and high class gossip at their cocktail parties.
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by uzoexcel(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
nigerians select their neighbors from those in their tribe,same religion/denomination etc....i m nt sure Jesus whom we xtians profess to worship had these in mind when he gave the parable of the good samaritan........shameful but true......

1 Like

Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by acidtalk: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
True
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by omalicha2: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
Its d proliferation of churches dat caused it. All they preach is dat enemies want to kill u. So every body is now afraid of every body
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by ade2008(m): 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
[quote author=DDNICE]In my perspective I think those times have been replaced with technologies like DSTV,hansets and all other computer social networks. In other words pple no longer get so bored as to seek physical interactions like it were those days. This is d main fact. U can be on nairaland for 24hr without been bored. The influence of technology on our lives has led to all this
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
Love for the neighbor still exists if the neighbor is also willing to love me back. undecided
Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by freecocoa(f): 11:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
uzoexcel: u dzappointed me wid ur comments...seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hian na true I talk na, you better get appointed with the comment o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? by acidtalk: 12:15am On Oct 27, 2012
awon fake neighbors na him full nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Is/was Cheating And I Am At Point Of Cheating On Him / 'Can You Help Please? Trying To Trace My Grandfather, Ola Coker' / Is She Really Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.