Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! (6058 Views)

Why Do We (seem To) Like Tough Meat? / Tough Meat. How Do I Make It Soft? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Willzkid(m): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2012
I used to have a very tiny voice for a guy,some of our neighbours who receive calls through our landline used to be baffled whenever their callers tell them them a girl(referring to me)picked the call earlier....that was before my encounter with a not-well-cooked hide (commonly called kpomo). I can still remember I was in my SSS2 then. That evening, my brother's ex who came visiting was on kitchen duty, and the it was a well prepared Egusi soup, except that the meat was not-so-well prepared...While every other person dropped their meat after futile attempts at mastication, yours sincerely refused to be deterred...I chewed on, yet the KPOMO refused to yield..then I decided instead of me to waste the treat, one way or the other it will end in my gastric chamber..the only option was to swallow, and this I did, but the KPoMO decided it was not going beyond my gullet..worse still, as if it was on a vengeance mission it refused to be regurgitated..I tried and tried to no avail, and like-play, like-play, I was losing breath, at this moment I was already crying..my family surrounded me and after so many futile attempts at helping me either by helping me to gulps of water, or hitting my back, my mum (I owe her this) reached her hand instinctively deep into my oesophagus and brought the kpomo out..you can't imagine the relief..Thank you mum
But after then, and a packet of strepsils, my voice became very deep..I can't say if it was as a result of that incident or the normal masculine development thingy..anyways I'm thankful for the gift of life..Till this day my little cuz still uses it to poke fun at me.

1 Like

Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by iyatrustee(f): 8:47am On Oct 27, 2012
yuzedo: Aah! I hate to remember the day o! sad

One babe like dat say make I gi am d pum-pum style.. tongue

My d(ic)k don dey arrange imself wen we no dey o! But na by the time I meet the meat live.. Ewoooo!!! shocked My nnabuenyi Bleep up dat day.. D nyash be like battle-tank!! angry nnabuenyi no gree rise embarassedwe tried everything we could, but d lame d(ic)k disappoint me dat day! cry

I gave the stupid dick 12 lashes of the cane when I got home!!! angry angry eeeeeeeeeeeediot! undecided so embarrazzin! cry

bros yuzedo! no be dis kind tough meat dem ask you oh! shocked shocked
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by yuzedo: 8:51am On Oct 27, 2012
iyatrustee:

bros yuzedo! no be dis kind touch meat dem ask you oh! shocked shocked

Ah aah? Aunty iyaT...I tink say meat na meat na?! Una don dey do meat discrimination o! sad angry
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by DexxyAlebs(m): 8:54am On Oct 27, 2012
yuzedo:

Ah aah? Aunty iyaT...I tink say meat na meat na?! Una don dey do meat discrimination o! sad angry
we no want dat kain meat
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by JSparrow(m): 8:57am On Oct 27, 2012
Lol at all this meat encounters, if one of this peeps choke to death cos of meat wonder what they would tell God. Lol. Eat fish its healthier with less hassles no allow fishbone choke u sha
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by DexxyAlebs(m): 9:03am On Oct 27, 2012
J.Sparrow:
Lol at all this meat encounters, if one of this peeps choke to death cos of meat wonder what they would tell God. Lol. Eat fish its healthier with less hassles no allow fishbone choke u sha
mayb dat's y my kid sister doesn't lik meat (beef) a bit
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 27, 2012
doofanc: Mine is actually a terrifying experience at d local buka. The owner is notorious 4 her peculiar brand of extra tough meat, but why people (including me) still keep going there in droves is beyond me.

Anyway na so i order 4 my rice and stew and predictably, d meat could easily pass for a leather wallet. I no too mind sha, as i had successfuly demolished them in past so i didn't think this one would pose any problem. How wrong i was.

Na so i chop rice finish come begin attack d thing. I chew, chew, chew for where. At last i say make just swallow the whole. Gbam na there yawa come gas. E just hook 4 my throat, refusing to move down. I then noticed was having difficulty breathing. WTF?! I WAS CHOKING! It was d most frightening experience i can ever remember having. Its like having an invisible hand squeezing my neck.

Na so water come begin commot my eye. (no be say i dey cry o, but i no kno why water come dey) some people then came to my aid tapping and rubbing my back. Choking, Coughing, panting, wheezing. . .then at one final heave, the useless thing fell out of my mouth. See wetin meat wan cause. Needless to say that was d last time i visited that place.

Iya basira

1 Like

Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Jarus(m): 9:35am On Oct 27, 2012
slimyem: Any meat that a fork and knife can't do justice to,i leave alone or if it looks too yummy to be left alone,i wrap in a serviette and take home!cheesycheesycheesy
And continue the battle at home grin
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Jarus(m): 9:37am On Oct 27, 2012
J.Sparrow:
u never jam hook for fish head
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by tuoyoojo(m): 9:42am On Oct 27, 2012
Wen I was much younger...I remember on thid occasion one nite, I was given bone dat had some ligament strongly attached to it..afta tryin to scrap d ligament off wit my incisors with no avail for hours.I jus jejely keep the bone inside fridge...1st tin d next mornin I countinue ploughin on it
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by server123: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2012
J.Sparrow:

I was choked one day like that with a tough meat:

It happened in the year 2010 that I was invited to a Matriculation programme by a friend of mine.

After the programme,we were called to thank God and praise the Lord under a tent where there are lots of people.

I served 7up and Fried rice but unfortunately,the meat was a tough one unknowingly.

I eat rice,drank a bit of 7up but yawah gased when it was time to eat the meat as I tried my best to use fork to cut it into some smaller pieces and it didnt work and the next I did was to use my hand to pick it and suck it into my mouth but unfortunately,I was feeling so shy to cut the meat with my teeth as I will need to do some pulling which I didn't wanted to do becuase of my white and neatly starched T shirt.

Do you what,I tried swallowing it pushing it with 7up but unfortunately,the tough ,eat couldn't pass my throat and I was choked and I nearly sumasulted within crowds but I quickly ran with jet speed to a corner where I ejected the concortion in my throat but

Thousands of eye were on me and I was another celebrity of that day but I didn't return to the tent again to avoid more embarrasement.

Thank God and wetin I go tell baba God for Heaven if I was choked by a tough meat and the enough embarassment...

Follow me shout halleluyah for me overcoming a Tough meat that wanted to choke me to death.

Praise! Praise!! Praise!!! the Living God

1 Like

Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 27, 2012
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! This is the funniest topic av read in a long while. So so so hilarious! I'm not praying to av any such experience o. Expect more comments & testimonies from more people today, (a bi no be just less than 24hours ago be Sallah? Lol) . . . . . .The Yoruba call those kinda meat => 'Isan' to badt gan. . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 27, 2012
ednut1: mine was in gand o, my uncle and his familiy jst collected british passport dat day, me was on holiday there, so dey decided to go to a chinese chop as u like 10 pounds per person, orishi rishi ,meat, was using fork nd knife and d meat no gree cut, d next round of eatin i packed enuf beef, naso i start to dey use my hand, me no care till my cousin told me to look up, i was live on der projector wit every one lookin, i jst froze wishin d ground open o
------------- (let me continue from where you stopped if i was in ur shoes). . . . . . . . . . . . . I was live on dere projector, wit everyone lookin at me.. . .. . .. . .. and i just smiled and waved @ them and continue eating my meat, and i heard the loudest laughter and claps av ever heard, from d whites, mostly chinese customers, i looked up, d projector was still on me, and i stood up and took a bow wit a wave of hand (d chinese way!), and sat down and continue eating my meat. I was given an award plaque when i was leavin d hotel by d manager, (Mr Meat Lee!) wat was written on d Plaque was => "Most Natural Customer" they've ever had!!!

2 Likes

Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by bestower: 10:42am On Oct 27, 2012
I love all ur testimonies it makes me laughing......THANK GOD I HATE MEAT,I EAT FISH INSTEAD.keep it coming guys.
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:25am On Oct 27, 2012
iyatrustee: went to a popular mama put with some colleagues. You know how they pack meats on a seperate plate right? I started demolishing the meat and was lucky cos all d ones i took were soft until i took one last one dat was not as soft as the others. I bit it by the sides and decided to swallow the minimally large chunk after calculating it would pass thru my throat just fine but alas! the tin no gree go. tried to use water to push it down all to no avail as i had to put my hand in my mouth and vommited everytin embarassed embarassed

Ewooooo!
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Sonye(f): 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2012
i never eat in public

1 Like

Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by helenobia(f): 12:29pm On Oct 27, 2012
mtcheew
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
Broz, e no get haw e wan be except say dem give me d meat free. Meat wey i take ma money buy wey wan prove strong head go meat me 4 haus. I go 1 dinner wey ticket and 2k. The food no make sense sef so i say make i take d meat console ma sef and make up 4 ma 2k. As i use fork carry d whole meat put 4 mouth @ once cos fork & spoon no gree cut am.. Na im i begin chew sotey ma jawz begin pain me. I jst carry table water wash ma hand small under d table (untop tilez sef), remove d chewed meat 4 ma mouth and begin use hand & teeth chop am small small till e finish. Heheh, ma frend wey we dey d same table come dey behave like oyibo wey no dey shit dey spoil nose. I finish ma meat enter him own sef.. Pttchew.
I also rememba ma dad sendin me on an erand and i got hook & famished. I enterd d nearst eatry & orderd 4 food. Itz all those kindah big eatery wher u go collect yr food by yr sef. D attendantz were ravishing beautiful lassies. Xo after i wx servd, dey told me ma bill wx 900 naira & i only budgeted 300 or at most 400 naira. Buh i became nervous and paid d bill (augumented wt ma t-fare). I wx suppose to eat d meat whyl eating d food but becos d meat wx strong i left it to be d last tin i will deal wt. After i emptied d plate of food, i jst threw d fork & spoon of d table & grabed d meat wt ma hand. Broz, i even cracked d bone & sucked d marrowz dt d babez were gigling @ dem selvez to look @ me batling wt d bone.. I cleand ma mouth & hand wt d serviet. Wen i got out, i bot pure water & washed ma handz clean. 4 ma mind, na ma money i dey chop.. God punish ravishing beauty!

4 Likes

Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by meerkat(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
Gentle Naaz: D day i went 2 my girl's house 2 celebrat ha birtdy wt ha friends. during refreshmnt, i ws offered peppe soup n a bottle of legend, likwise evry oda persn. I ws chewing a vry tough meet 4 mor dan 15 minutes n it seems lik evry1 noticed it. So immediately i swallowd d big meet n it hung in my throat n my eyes spewd. D girls begn 2 form " hey, guy y na,u wud hv spit out d meet" my girl ws embarrassd n i madddddddd. Some were sayn "my guy cnt 4k up lik ds, hvnt u eatn meet b4?" i cnt evn say a word cos d meet ws still dia n my eyes still spewd

grin grin grin ol boy u wan kill me die. Soooooo funny
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Clemzy16(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2012
I'm a vegetarian.
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by LadyGeorge(f): 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2012
torhuke: Broz, e no get haw e wan be except say dem give me d meat free. Meat wey i take ma money buy wey wan prove strong head go meat me 4 haus. I go 1 dinner wey ticket and 2k. The food no make sense sef so i say make i take d meat console ma sef and make up 4 ma 2k. As i use fork carry d whole meat put 4 mouth @ once cos fork & spoon no gree cut am.. Na im i begin chew sotey ma jawz begin pain me. I jst carry table water wash ma hand small under d table (untop tilez sef), remove d chewed meat 4 ma mouth and begin use hand & teeth chop am small small till e finish. Heheh, ma frend wey we dey d same table come dey behave like oyibo wey no dey shit dey spoil nose. I finish ma meat enter him own sef.. Pttchew.
I also rememba ma dad sendin me on an erand and i got hook & famished. I enterd d nearst eatry & orderd 4 food. Itz all those kindah big eatery wher u go collect yr food by yr sef. D attendantz were ravishing beautiful lassies. Xo after i wx servd, dey told me ma bill wx 900 naira & i only budgeted 300 or at most 400 naira. Buh i became nervous and paid d bill (augumented wt ma t-fare). I wx suppose to eat d meat whyl eating d food but becos d meat wx strong i left it to be d last tin i will deal wt. After i emptied d plate of food, i jst threw d fork & spoon of d table & grabed d meat wt ma hand. Broz, i even cracked d bone & sucked d marrowz dt d babez were gigling @ dem selvez to look @ me batling wt d bone.. I cleand ma mouth & hand wt d serviet. Wen i got out, i bot pure water & washed ma handz clean. 4 ma mind, na ma money i dey chop.. God punish ravishing beauty!
smiley U ave made my day. some people dey go eatry go form i dont eat with fork when ever i go to any eatry i demand for spoon na hungry carry me go there no be aje. If de meat no wan cut with that blunt knife i dey use my hand carry am eat i no get time 4 ravishing beauty at all grin
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by khalids: 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2012
acidtalk: Was invited by ex girlfriend's family to a buffet in a 5 start hotel in Lagos, i thought i had chosen a very soft meat only to discover it DAMN HARD. well i form like say nothing do me.

When i couldn't keep fooling myself with fork and knife, i started using my hands. Before i could say jack, the meat first fell on my shirt, my trouser before dropping on the floor.

The table was silent for like 10seconds.
Omo, i boned them, picked it up, dusted it and continued eating.

Everyone one that table were over friendly after that situation. Na so old and small drop fork and knife begin use hand tear meat.

But till date i still feel embarrassed when i remember. but i am glad i earned their respect at being natural

Exactly the same thing happened to me in my in laws house....I just jokingly said that it was proof that her cooking was fantastic...but after that i just bone the meat........Damn I was really blushing inside me.
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by dmcdad: 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2012
Lady George :

smiley U ave made my day. some people dey go eatry go form i dont eat with fork when ever i go to any eatry i demand for spoon na hungry carry me go there no be aje. If de meat no wan cut with that blunt knife i dey use my hand carry am eat i no get time 4 ravishing beauty at all grin

I love that gurl. I like it when people are real and simple. Y the forming and d film-tricks when people kan just b themselves? Abi dem don start 2 dy do beauty pageant 4 eatery again?
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by LadyGeorge(f): 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
dmcdad:

I love that gurl. I like it when people are real and simple. Y the forming and d film-tricks when people kan just b themselves? Abi dem don start 2 dy do beauty pageant 4 eatery again?
Abeg help me ask dem oh.
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by redcliff: 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2012
omo there was this girl i was scoping in scul then.. tracey is her name and i don dey beg her for her contrl since she no gree she dey form say "tomorow, tomorrow" and okay o, one random day i just dey cafeteria dey chop and i ws chewing one meet and she was passing bby and she has already seen me.. as a sharp guy i decided to block am knw how fr my parole with am and the meet no gree swallow. omo na so i comot the thing for my mouth throw am away go meet am.. upon everyhting she no still gimme her number.. My friends that were with me laughed at me alot eh. they were mimicking my moves during the incidence aand me just dey vex say i gats sacrifice my hard earned meat for girl wey no concur..
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by onyiekene: 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2012
whao! mine will be a day i will neva forget.i took my self out @ a local abacha joint,bought d food"abacha and kanda".And d kanda was a huge one.After eating,then i chewed my kanda for some period of time.i felt it was time to swallow it cos i really had spent time chewing it,immediately it got hooked at my throat.ehehhhhehhh,see me see wahala,i pretended to be okay for some secs then come the vomitting action.I was hiting d table and so on.To my greatest surprise all d people around eating too took off.i later vomitted d kanda with blood following.few mins people returned back and i narrated d story.i asked why they ran,they replied"we thought is poison oooo! and we no want police wahala".i was so embarrassed.And ever since when i go to eat,i will tell the food seller to help me by cuting d meat into smaller pieces simple and short.

1 Like

Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by simdam500(m): 9:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
It funny though, it happened to me most times
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Xionez(m): 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ha, that day.

It was at a wedding ceremony. I was served rice with 3 pieces of meat. I tore through the rice and proceeded to settle down and savor the meat.
Into my mouth went the first and second. Soft and sweet like gizzard. Thinking that the last the same, I popped it whole into my mouth.

Alas, it was that muscle part that was hard to chew and, if successfully broken down, gets stuck between the teeth.
I spent a good 15mins chewing like a he-goat in my table. I was silent in my battle but as time went, it became obvious that a mini nuclear war was raging in my mouth.

I began to receive stares from my table mates. It was at this point I deliberated on spitting the meat out (which would be very disgusting) or swallowing it whole (which would be deadly).

I balanced my options (while still chewing like a goat) and decided to simply stand up and make a dash for it.

I had to chuck the thing in a bin before a pretty chick decides to approach me.

I returned to my table with fish while smiling ear to ear to hide my embarrassment.
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by VOM: 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
ednut1: mine was in gand o, my uncle and his familiy jst collected british passport dat day, me was on holiday there, so dey decided to go to a chinese chop as u like 10 pounds per person, orishi rishi ,meat, was using fork nd knife and d meat no gree cut, d next round of eatin i packed enuf beef, naso i start to dey use my hand, me no care till my cousin told me to look up, i was live on der projector wit every one lookin, i jst froze wishin d ground open o
Xionez: Ha, that day.

It was at a wedding ceremony. I was served rice with 3 pieces of meat. I tore through the rice and proceeded to settle down and savor the meat.
Into my mouth went the first and second. Soft and sweet like gizzard. Thinking that the last the same, I popped it whole into my mouth.

Alas, it was that muscle part that was hard to chew and, if successfully broken down, gets stuck between the teeth.
I spent a good 15mins chewing like a he-goat in my table. I was silent in my battle but as time went, it became obvious that a mini nuclear war was raging in my mouth.

I began to receive stares from my table mates. It was at this point I deliberated on spitting the meat out (which would be very disgusting) or swallowing it whole (which would be deadly).

I balanced my options (while still chewing like a goat) and decided to simply stand up and make a dash for it.

I had to chuck the thing in a bin before a pretty chick decides to approach me.

I returned to my table with fish while smiling ear to ear to hide my embarrassment.
Re: Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
Very funny stories, my belle wan burst with laughter cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things You Can't Do Without In Your Kitchen / Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? / Chicken Shawarma Or Beef Shawarma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.