Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians (14280 Views)

How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. / Daily Water Consumption In Nigeria Is N8bn / Reduce Rice Consumption, Director Urges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by jude33084(m): 9:12am On Oct 27, 2012
agoha_vivi: If u want to eat all the rice in the world you can go ahead. You don't have to abuse him. He only voiced out his opinion which I don't ascribe to. Afterall are we going to stop hosting parties with rice? You don't have to abuse everyone who has a counter opinion that's what maturity is all about.

That guy is one of our leaders aŋԂ should make informed statement.
I was expecting him to address the press on how the FG is planing to boost local rice production to prevent that huge spending by the FG(if at all there is any, same with oil subsidy).

Mehnnnn! Nigeria isn't moving forward at ALL! sad
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by Revealedtv(m): 9:13am On Oct 27, 2012
And he mentions pounded yam....
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by ogtavia(m): 9:24am On Oct 27, 2012
superior1: I am not sure this man is serious, what about increasing rice production in the country on the alternative?

This is the first objective comment on the topic that is why i am quoting it...what is wrong with all these people in power..is it that they sell their brains once they get into leadership offices..must we import every thing...we produce local rice in these country..even though it has its shortcomings...if nigerians like polished..with the one billion naira spent on importation of rice everyday..cant we build a rice processing factory somewhere in Nigeria..i am nt sure we av any one in the country...
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by cashdude: 9:27am On Oct 27, 2012
Some ppl in 9ja actually talk b4 dey tink.....i guess dats d case of dis retardeen director...
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by stpat1(m): 9:29am On Oct 27, 2012
superior1: I am not sure this man is serious, what about increasing rice production in the country on the alternative?

Simple. If Nigerians love rice so much then should it not be a good rean why Rice production should be increased? Since you are sure of a ready market for it. Will it not create thousands of jobs right from the process of planting, nurturing, harvesting, parboiling, bagging, selling etc.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 27, 2012
The Director has a point there. Apart from the economics of loss of revenue. If there was to be conflict, it will be very easy to kill Nigerians by just poisoning the foreign rice which I guess everyone prefer to eat these days. Within the depopulation strategy of the powers that be, it wont be difficult anyway to flouride our rice from source which will lead to infertility despite our sexual prowess. I think its time we start behavioral reengineering cos our psyche has been totally wired to loving foreign delicacies even when our local substitutes are perfectly better. Eat more of Abakiliki and Ofada rice. Stay away from the plastic from Thailand.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by Sweetdbest: 9:33am On Oct 27, 2012
Useless man with useless brain. I wonder why the idd-iot will come here to make such statement. In his house you will have a trailer load of rice because he has stolen money to spend. Instead to proffer solution to have the availability of the products and reduce corruption by the government, he is here talking about Nigerians eating rice once a day.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by malele(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2012
(ja filled with stupid leaders
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by Delfino: 9:40am On Oct 27, 2012
It is just because rice is cheaper(looking at all reasons attached) than the other alternatives, that is why the consumption is so high.
Poverty is a factor in this and what happens to the idea of local production of rice?

And again, what percentage of the claimed 1-billion naira actually goes into rice importation
What percentage goes into the pockects of the so called Directors

Immature statement from the Director i would say.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by thelastPope(m): 9:40am On Oct 27, 2012
This man is trying to make a very good point but ended up presenting it very very poorly.

I dont think he is wrong in his point. He is wrong in his solution and presentation. We as a country must find some meaning in self development and national pride and begin to promote and invest in our own. This is one thing Ghanians have done well. If those who have investment funds can tap into this great opportunity and go into large scale rice farming and production, then we can have a real economic revolution. But most of us are only interested in immediate gains. We must change our ideology and mindset as a people
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by JimmyBoy1: 9:41am On Oct 27, 2012
This guy has puff-puff in his brains, people are starving and someone
Is talking of foreign exchange. He didn't talk of govt allocating lands for
Ricw cultivation for those who can't afford it. He didn't talk of how
Govt should help small farmers with milling facilities, tractor, seedlins etc
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by IMMUNO1(m): 9:54am On Oct 27, 2012
Hw can dis man tell me that dsame FG dat stipulated a ban on the importation of rice also spends 1billion whole naira daily on rice importation....thats a fallacy. Meanwhile, this kind of person eat rice for five days in a week cos its his types that believe that rice is only eaten by the rich...nonsense!
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 27, 2012
eh? reduce rice consumption, and lets embrace garri consumption.G unit in the house,you hear?
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by seantemple(m): 10:06am On Oct 27, 2012
ochallo: If China imported just 20% of the rice they consumed, the price of rice in the global market would increase by 300%. This man is an illiterate and a complete m.or on. Rice is one of the most eaten food in the world, in india alone there are about 10 different species of rice sold in the market, I say it again, this man is a m.o.ron, and for the last time, this man is a mo.r.on.

China even has fake rice, made from plastics . This man is a m.o.ron

I wonder if the slowpoke ever saw the walls of a college. Simple economics, when demand increases, supply will definitely incease to meet up with the demand. Why can Nigeria produce this rice locally to meet the ever increasing demand for the rich
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by surmeister(m): 10:06am On Oct 27, 2012
U r on point.
ifee-gee:
When I read articles like this,I can't help but wonder where or how these pple think......"Eating rice once in a wk indeed" What happens to the vast arable land that abound in this country? What happens to inproved production to make for self sufficient instead of stealing us dry? Somany ifs, but will stop here.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 27, 2012
undecidedTo answer he's question... YES I will die if I don't eat rice. So wetin go happun now
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by aieromon(m): 10:22am On Oct 27, 2012
This is a very disappointing statement.

I'm so so disappointed.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by constantk: 10:26am On Oct 27, 2012
I am appaled by those who have a dint of idea that this man is normal. Anyone who cannot proffer solution to the lingering poverty and decadence in the country should not be allowed to make a public statement. In Europe, this will be an avenue to kick out the Govt for lack of regard for the people people that voted them into power. Pls tell me which one should be immediately address, frequent foreign trips by those in Govt, purchses of private jets by Governor, outright stealing of public wealth or food for the masses. Please switch on the light and kick out darkness. This Government is clueless.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by lecturerdabo(m): 10:28am On Oct 27, 2012
1 WE ARE NOW BEING TOLD BY THE MAN HIRED TO HELP THIS NATION LEARN HOW TO RUN WITH WHAT SHE HAS THAT THE NATION IS CRIPPLED, CANNOT CRAWL LET ALONE WALK.

2 WE ARE ALSO BEING MADE TO UNDERSTAND THAT MR DIRECTOR JOE WAS STARVED OF RICE AS A KID AND FOR THAT HE IS OF THE OPINION THAT RICE SHOULD BE FOR THE RICH.

WELL NO DOUBT MR DIRECTOR JOE HAS STATED HIS INCOMPETENCY IN HANDLING THE IRRIGATION NEEDED FOR RICE PRODUCTION IN OUR BELOVED COUNTRY AND SHOULD ALSO TAKE THE PATH OF HONOUR BY PUTTING IN HIS RESIGNATION LETTER!

CHEERS!!!
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by kennedy06: 10:50am On Oct 27, 2012
Na waoo! This oga is a big joker..even if it means spending 2 bn naira daily to make rice more available. What's wrong about that?
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by ubest1(m): 11:06am On Oct 27, 2012
idiotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt in making
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by boladez(m): 11:06am On Oct 27, 2012
All hail another dumb , senseless and visionless FEDERAL civil servant!

The Federal civil service is a waste of scarce resources

u-best:
idiotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt in making

I disagree.. this Idiot is a ready made idiot!...kpakam
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by proffmanue(m): 11:12am On Oct 27, 2012
He should have advice the federal government to invest and modernizer rice production in naija, not asking Nigerians to cut the quantity they consume.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 27, 2012
redcliff: Men, most of the old cargo-s holding public office don't fail to dissapoint me. Just when you think they've hit rock bottom, they'l slap you for underestimating them and pickup their shovel and keep digging again.people who I'm supposed to be looking up to are saying trash like this. If nigeria imports N1bn worth of rice, isn't that a good thing in the sense that they know there is a huge demand there and they should make conscious efforts to channel that money into PROFESSIONALLY producing this commodity locally? I'm sure this slow poke of a man ate rice the morning he made this statement and would eat rice again in the evening. I weep for leadership in this hell-hole

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are making me choke with laughter
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by Sotty05(f): 11:18am On Oct 27, 2012
‘’Look at the damage we are doing to our economy; one billion naira every day! do you know how many jobs that would provide in this country?’’ he asked.
[/color][color=#006600]

He is a cow.Can they tell us wat happened to the so called SURE or wateva GEJ called it which can as a result of partial removal of fuel subsidy.GEJ said it wld be used to create jobs so now where are the jobs?R they in his kitchen or their private jets?Now they want to control wat nigerians eat in dis economy they ve already made hard.The man said in his house as a lil child,rice wasn't evryday,how e concern us?Y don't he talk abt he's eating now as per say dem knw corner way?Has he also suggested d FEC n FG reduce their feeding and enormous budget for feeding?God is watching u guys oh
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by hannydarl(f): 11:35am On Oct 27, 2012
While they encourage the poor masses to do away with rice, they will be using it to clean their mouths five times a day. Instead of seeing how they can genuinely help local famers to produce more so we don't import, they are busy chopping us all down.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by AZeD1(m): 11:46am On Oct 27, 2012
Billyonaire: The Director has a point there. Apart from the economics of loss of revenue. If there was to be conflict, it will be very easy to kill Nigerians by just poisoning the foreign rice which I guess everyone prefer to eat these days. Within the depopulation strategy of the powers that be, it wont be difficult anyway to flouride our rice from source which will lead to infertility despite our sexual prowess. I think its time we start behavioral reengineering cos our psyche has been totally wired to loving foreign delicacies even when our local substitutes are perfectly better. Eat more of Abakiliki and Ofada rice. Stay away from the plastic from Thailand.
Nigerians spend a lot on educating their children abroad so let them to stop sending their children to school to save revenue.
Nigerians spend a lot on importing cars let the start walking to save revenue.

Do you pap in your head?
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by NaijaNaWaa: 11:54am On Oct 27, 2012
That's the typical Nigerian public official's reasoning. Always attacking the sympthoms rather than the causes. As Director, why can't he find ways of increasing local rice production to take advantage of the big local demand? How about encouraging massive rice production for export? No. They don't think at all. They just talk like little children.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by Osgilliat(m): 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2012
What this gentleman is trying to say is that I should reduce my consumption of jollof rice,fried rice,coconut rice and even the least when am broke....concotion rice..I think he is drunk of rice.he should be telling the useless govt to invest in rice production locally..rather than telling me to starve ma self because he is importing rice with 1billion per day.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by redsun(m): 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2012
What happend to arranging small loan schemes and programs that can help ordinary nigerians go into small scale rice farming enmass?

All these are monies and industries waiting to be tapped into in nigeria.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by Bezed(m): 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2012
this man na mumu o. How can that be possible, even with students, of course rice is one of the most available and easiest meal to prepare, so we should just reduce it just cos he wants importation to be reduced.
Re: Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians by redsun(m): 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2012
In the abudance of water,the fo.ol is thirsty. Does it ring bell here?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! / When You See A Man In The Market: / Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.