Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Should Christains Eat Shallah Meat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christains Eat Shallah Meat? (766 Views)

Should Christains Listen To Secular Music / Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin / What Type Of Job Should Christains Not Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christains Eat Shallah Meat? by nhiyo(m): 1:25pm On Oct 27, 2012
Over the years have heard Men of GOD from various demominations say that it is forbiden for a christain to eat shallah meat.

Their explanation is that its a sacrifice.

Please house, what is wrong in eating shallah meat......
Re: Should Christains Eat Shallah Meat? by solbil: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2012
absolutely nothing is wrong with it. If you want to eat, eat. But if you dont want it, then dont!

Dont let ill informed pastors mis educate you with their ignorance and prejudice. These are people who say things they dont know about islam. There was this colleague of mine that told me muslims worship the sun and thats why they face the east to pray. So you can see how far people can go to mis inform others with their ignorance and hate. She said that with all convinction like she actually knew what she was saying. We know that the reason muslims face the east is becos thats the direstion of the kaaba. The chinese muslim doesnt face the east, he faces the west! So there is no worshiping of the sun here!

Back to the topic. They are offering a sacrifice yes. But not to an idol becos they worship thegod of abraham, isaac and jacob. The same god christians call upon. Muslims do not claim the sacrifice is to take away their sins so the question of "jesus has done once and for all " as laid by christians do not come to play here. And to sum it up, paul said it somehwre in the bible thatyou shouldnt obey rules like dont eat this, dont eat that. What you eat can not have negative effect on you.
Re: Should Christains Eat Shallah Meat? by ecoleco: 7:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
Yes U can. But do not allow ur freedom to be a stumbling block to a weaker brother. Meaning that if ur brother in Christ sees it as wrong, then for his sake U should abstain. U should not eat while he is present.

I know a minister who does not think that taking alcohol is wrong. But he never takes it in the presence of other believers, only in his living room or when he is alone. That's the spirit.
Re: Should Christains Eat Shallah Meat? by Akpan107(m): 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
Yes, i can eat it because the Holy Bible said so, eating it doesn't make me a Muslim and never will it make me one! Since I'll bless it in the name that is above orther names (JESUS) infact, i ate some yesterday.
Re: Should Christains Eat Shallah Meat? by Joagbaje(m): 4:35am On Oct 28, 2012
Meat is meat. But if your conscience is disturbed DON'T EAT.

1 Corinthians 8:4
As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

1 Corinthians 8:10
For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
Re: Should Christains Eat Shallah Meat? by solbil: 6:54am On Oct 28, 2012
@joe, his conscience isnt genuinely disturbed. It is falsely disturbed becos his pastor made him think so.

And those verses you quoted, i dont think have got anything to do with this. Becos the verses were refering to idol worship. But the muslims do not worship idols at least not in the christian sense. Thats a theological fact no matter how we want to biasly see it.

(1) (Reply)

How TB Joshua Predicted I’ll Score Against Venezuela’ - Onazi / Spiritual Sight. / Contact Prophet For Your Spiritual Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.