Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Great Things About Your Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Great Things About Your Marriage (8792 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / Tell Us About Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
Too many depressing topics on marriage lets lighten it up.
My Husband was away for a while and more than anything I missed his scattered clothes, complaining about some of his little habits like pouring water on the bathroom floor and not cleaning it up, Infact one day I was really missing him and deliberately scattered his clothes all over and poured water on the bathroom floor. Crazy abi. lol
Great things I love about my marriage are:
Date Nights: Hubby takes charge, it could be a grand gesture like VIP weekend getaway or simple like watching a movie on the couch in old Pyjamas
Breakfast in bed: Not the greatest cook but I love it when he wakes up very early especially holidays and weekends and just tells me to relax in bed
A break: He has been away for a while, since he came back, took the kids off my hands totally
Gentleman: When we go out with other couples the husbands tell him that he is giving them wahala because, he is just a gentleman, opens doors, pulls chairs, carries bags, stands up when I am going to the loo. etc.
Someone to talk too: Sometimes he sleeps off but pretends to listen

He has his annoying infact very annoying habits but these things make me love him a little more everyday.
Let us stop scaring the unmarried folks. Share yours.

16 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2012
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
chaircover: I just love the fact that he lets me be me and he gives me an easy stress free life. I really dont think that anyone else on this planet can love me the way this man does

Hope he can say the same about me wink grin grin
Lol, me too oh, am sure he will say "that tiny woman with plenty wahala" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by ifyalways(f): 9:55am On Oct 28, 2012
He's awesome, a super man.

He has been able to happily tolerate me and my truckload of wahala,accept my imperfections,put up with my antics,that alone makes him my hero!

I rejected his proposal twice and he held on, worked on himself because he was sure I was his missus right from the very first kpekus. They say a woman holds the home but I say I'm holding my mans heart while he holds the home.

He's got an awesome love for me, there's no way I can get out of it, him or our marriage even if I tried. I'm so happily stuck with him for life.

When he's not with me, I miss his singing(he thinks he's the next awilo), his cooking(he makes the best amala) and our bedroom fights.
My otolege kiss

9 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 28, 2012
*Yawns*. U old geez never thought u would get a man? Why all these exhortations? I luv d fact that mine listens, not some i know too much kind of woman we have these days.

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by LailaIkeji1: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
awww, u r an angel debrief08. exactly hw i feel abt my sweet hubby too. they do piss us off once in a while bt mehnnn, dats the koko below. lol.

its really nt abt finding the perfect man with all the money, but having that man that still loves you madly wt all ur flaws.

Big help: ok, am preg ryt nw. but evn b4 then, its amazing my hubby will gladly do d littlest, most crazy chores for me. Last sunday for instance, wtout my evn asking, he made breakfast, lunch for our family of two kids, himself, myself and two siblings living wt us.

Good player: He sure knows hw to f*ck me realllll goood! shocked grin grin cool av never wished i was wt another man. wink

Gossipmate: my hubby isss soooo much of my best friend that there's no secret i can kp from him. anything that happens to me, be sure hes hearing abt it once i get home. i run a blog - every sh*t that happens ther, evn when sm haters try to get at me, hes my talkto person. tho once in a while he gets pissed off wen i hav to blog and he needs me ryt den. he also does cum home too wt all d latest gists in town for us to chat about.

the list is endless.

Once in a while, we do quarrel. lol. big quarrels - the last one we had was over tv - he wanted to watch his series, i wanted to watch cheaters and we both wanted to watch it same time in our room. none of us was willing to move to the other rooms to watch tv der.

but it's amazing i still shed a tear weneva he has to travel cos i kno am going to miss him loads!!!

3 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Rooneyboy(m): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
old women trying to feel funky ,
U ladies better get serious with life and come to terms with reality.

NONSENSE !

4 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Rooneyboy(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
see all of them shouting hubby ! Hubby ! Hubby .

Even the unmarried ones.

Continue disfiguring ur orifices all in the name of hubby !
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by LailaIkeji1: 12:57pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rooneyboy: old women trying to feel funky ,
U ladies better get serious with life and come to terms with reality.

NONSENSE !

Rooneyboy: see all of them shouting hubby ! Hubby ! Hubby .

Even the unmarried ones.

Rooney, u stil a boy! wat u doing on ths thread Ladies aint heartless creatures btw. tongue

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by BAMMZ(m): 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
My wife makes me wonder how miserable i would have been if i had married someone else!
She makes me feel like a child with her care. I am hardworking but her hardwork makes me think i am lazy. She combines 2 jobs yet ensures everything is in order at home.
Her cooking is the best,i always ask for more and thats where the trouble is,i am expanding daily! All my suits,shirts. . .shrink daily. More expense. And she doesn't spare my money,all goes into food. Evryday like xmas. My money o!
In all,she is my dearest friend,sister and mother. I luv my wife.

5 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by maninmood(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rooneyboy: see all of them shouting hubby ! Hubby ! Hubby .

Even the unmarried ones.

Get married. Marriage is sweet

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Lawconfessor(f): 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Cant help lmao at all dez posts...dey re really interesting and i am enjoying dem. Though nt settled yet, bt i luv stories lyk all dddeeesssss........making sense
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by chucky234(m): 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2012
The way we effortlessly compliment each other,I fill in for her when she is busy with other things like driving down to the school every afternoon to bring our daughter home,washing the dishes,bathing and dressing up our little angel,cooking e.t.c
She can be over annoying sometimes but I can't help but love her more,her friends envy her for having the best man alive.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Super1759: 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
Laila Ikeji: awww, u r an angel debrief08. exactly hw i feel abt my sweet hubby too. they do piss us off once in a while bt mehnnn, dats the koko below. lol.

the list is endless.

Once in a while, we do quarrel. lol. big quarrels - the last one we had was over tv - he wanted to watch his series, i wanted to watch cheaters and we both wanted to watch it same time in our room. none of us was willing to move to the other rooms to watch tv der.

but it's amazing i still shed a tear weneva he has to travel cos i kno am going to miss him loads!!!
papa and mama fighting over remote. Smh una children go do am soon watch out
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
Oga Mamzz, Enjoy jor, but Madam should cook low calorie meals and change beef with chicken, no be every enjoyment be enjoyment oh, lol. Weldone sha, I am sure you are a great husband that is why she happily takes good care of you.
Chuky, Good one, I find that men who take time to invest their time and energy in their families are the happiest and calmest. The ones who shout and terrorise are miserable and seek to make everyone else miserable.

2 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
We are complimentary entities, like garri and sugar.

She sabi craze, I sabi yarn.

She sabi cook, I sabi chop.

She sabi dance, I sabi do don jazzy for background.

She sabi movies, i sabi book.

She sabi dress, I sabi un.dress.

...to be continued.

12 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
Human beings self, na wa oh, one minute we are men bashers, next we praise our men and we are liars. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by 2pmstcharles(m): 2:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hmm, weneva i hear marry my hrt ll start pounding.. It scares me like hell and nw she holds me wit luv n wispa it to me all d time. Am stocked but gud tin is dat i luv her
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by mat2lock(m): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2012
My Husband? F A N T A S T I C. I am just an ordinary girl,leaning on an extra ordinary God and a super wonderful Husband...

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by chucky234(m): 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
debrief08: Oga Mamzz, Enjoy jor, but Madam should cook low calorie meals and change beef with chicken, no be every enjoyment be enjoyment oh, lol. Weldone sha, I am sure you are a great husband that is why she happily takes good care of you.
Chuky, Good one, I find that men who take time to invest their time and energy in their families are the happiest and calmest. The ones who shout and terrorise are miserable and seek to make everyone else miserable.
I try as much as possible to spend enough time with my wife and daughter every single day,I don't even know the occupants of some of the flats in my compound because I dedicate my entire time to my family.
Most times I just drive down to my wife's shop and spend the whole day there till its time for us to go home,its been that way for four years now and I don't see it changing,not now not ever.

5 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by chucky234(m): 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
shagarri: We are complimentary entities, like garri and sugar.

She sabi craze, I sabi yarn.

She sabi cook, I sabi chop.

She sabi dance, I sabi do don jazzy for background.

She sabi movies, i sabi book.

She sabi dress, I sabi un.dress.

...to be continued.
lol
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Rooneyboy(m): 2:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
chucky234: I try as much as possible to spend enough time with my wife and daughter every single day,I don't even know the occupants of some of the flats in my compound because I dedicate my entire time to my family.
Most times I just drive down to my wife's shop and spend the whole day there till its time for us to go home,its been that way for four years now and I don't see it changing,not now not ever.

u drive to ur wife's shop and back most times,is that love ?

U are jobless and clearly needs a job.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Rooneyboy(m): 2:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
Laila Ikeji:

Rooney, u stil a boy! wat u doing on ths thread Ladies aint heartless creatures btw. tongue

A BOY ----let not my handle deceive u
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Rooneyboy(m): 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
chucky234: The way we effortlessly compliment each other,I fill in for her when she is busy with other things like driving down to the school every afternoon to bring our daughter home,washing the dishes,bathing and dressing up our little angel,cooking e.t.c
She can be over annoying sometimes but I can't help but love her more,her friends envy her for having the best man alive.

c home boi , completely lost in deceit.
U better wake up man .
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
Chuky, are you sure you are not my husband?
His colleggues always laugh at him because he no dey gree waka, his lesure time is spent at home, "fixing" (actually spoiling it more) and having fun with his kids and I. Anytime they mock him he responds and tells them that he has chosen to make his life simple and happy by building a life of peace and happiness with his family. Them wey dey waka everywhere, can they boast of 10mins peace at home?
If a man takes the lead and he is lucky to have a good wife, the bliss in that home is heavenly

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by bjcole(m): 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2012
its nice wen u hear gud comments abt marriage, 4 me after 6yrs, it gud & well. She has done so numerous luvly things dat i cant say all here, complimented urself in several ways we can, but what i tell people is, marriage is not all rosy,there r ups & down & challenges,things dat can kip one going is endurance & patience, if not dat luvly person dat seems u can die 4, can just turn 2 a very hated person.I ve known abt it, hence divorce s off my way. i luv m wife of course, or what choice do i ve .

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by RickyRoss1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
I cant wait for my wife to return from 2 weeks holidays.
When they are around you wont appreciate them that much, once they are gone you realize how important women are.
My house is messed up, the kitchen is not as clean as it used to.

We always quarrel about the way she changes the position of things in my house. For instance the masters bedroom. Every 2 or 3 weeks she would change the location of the bed, dressing mirror etc. I have no problem with this, but the frequency is too much. What is so special about changing the position of things in the room.

Another thing is, shes too conscious of the way i look and dress. I am a hustler, am more interested in making more money, but she wants me to dress differently and look good each time i drive out of the gate, it doesn't matter if am just driving to the next shop to buy something. We sometimes fight over this issue. She thinks or believes that if you dont dress well people will assume your wife is not taking good care of you, or your people will assume you don't have money again. I HONESTLY DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY.

My wife is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I thank God I didn't allow people deceive me bc shes Ghanaian.

4 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2012
awww some of these posts are so sweet.

2 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by chucky234(m): 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rooneyboy:

u drive to ur wife's shop and back most times,is that love ?

U are jobless and clearly needs a job.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hahaha Rooney you are still a little boy and knows nothing about keeping a family,come back when you get a wife,for now learn from us.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by chucky234(m): 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2012
debrief08: Chuky, are you sure you are not my husband?
His colleggues always laugh at him because he no dey gree waka, his lesure time is spent at home, "fixing" (actually spoiling it more) and having fun with his kids and I. Anytime they mock him he responds and tells them that he has chosen to make his life simple and happy by building a life of peace and happiness with his family. Them wey dey waka everywhere, can they boast of 10mins peace at home?
If a man takes the lead and he is lucky to have a good wife, the bliss in that home is heavenly
You are as lucky as my wife,men like I and your hubby are hard to come by.
Appreciate him for what he is and you will be happy you did,be a good and obedient wife.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by chucky234(m): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rooneyboy:

c home boi , completely lost in deceit.
U better wake up man .
When you say deceit you must be referring to infatuation,my case is different because I know the difference between love and infatuation and can identify them when I see them in work.
What I feel for my wife is love,not just love but unconditional love.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by greatgod2012(f): 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
@debrief, i love this topic at this time, we've been too serious on d other thread,i think u understand d thread im referring to?

So many things i love abt my marriage and my man, i cant imagine being married to another man, hes a wonderful man. Thank God, im so lucky, d same way he always say it also, dt hes so lucky.
In d kitchen, hes not a good cook, but whenever is free, he is always with me in d kitchen, gisting, infact, we are gossipmate, we talk about several things.
About d kids, hes closer to d kids more than myself,awww, his kids love him, ehhn, u need to see how he would turn himself to horse and d kids riding on him,(me i no get time 4 dt).
Anytime my thing comes up, u understand?, he would bring water and say "take,drink and calm down", b4 i know what is happening, i will burst into laugh. Almost 8 yrs now, ive not 4 once go to bed with grudge against him.
That does not mean he doesnt have his own shortcomings too, but ive been used to them, thing like dropping wet towel on d bed,always looking 4 a pair of socks, eating too much,etc
infact, so many thing i can say abt him but above all, hes God-fearing. And do i forget to add that hes very good on bed! And very concerned abt d way i dress to different occassion.
Abeg, let me talk to d unmarried folks, if u are so fortunate to marry d right partner, marriage is sweet! Im a living testimony.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Reason why wives feel reluctant to host their inlaws / Leaving Alone As A Single Lady / POSITIVE Meaning Of This Words -FAIL,END,NO,IMPOSSIBLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.