Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,690 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Is Monetary Redemption Of First Born Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Monetary Redemption Of First Born Biblical? (1511 Views)

Problems With Biblical Inerrancy / The Redemption Of Lord Obadiah777 / Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Monetary Redemption Of First Born Biblical? by kokowe(m): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2012
When my wife brought the idea to me, I strongly condemed it, as we have already done our Child's dedication. However, she went on to say that it was the church (RCCG) doctrine that evry members should redeem their firstborn at the sum of N7,000.00 but when i castigated the monetary aspect, she said that there as an instance where it was done in the bible at 12 shekels and that 12 shekels is equivalent to N7,000 today.

I will love to know the views of nairaland christians on how blical this doctrine is?
Re: Is Monetary Redemption Of First Born Biblical? by okeyxyz(m): 4:51am On Oct 28, 2012
Which one be redemption again??
Hmm, doctrine gymnastics!

(1) (Reply)

... / The True Sabath Day. / There Was A Tree In The Garden: We Were Not Neccasarily Made To Worship God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.