Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? (926 Views)

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by Rebirth(m): 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2008
If the current coach of the Super Eagles were to be sacked, who would you want in charge of the national team?
Here are a few of my nominations:

Samson Siasia
Stephen Keshi
Phillipe Troussier
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by Bawss1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2008
@poster the title of this thread should be redone.
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by Bawss1(m): 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2008
I see you left out Jose Mourinhno from ur list of optionscheesy cheesy! I wonder how that will sit with Nigerians
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by Rebirth(m): 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2008
Bawss1:

@poster the title of this thread should be redone.

Good looking out, Thanks man
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by Rebirth(m): 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2008
Bawss1:

I see you left out Jose Mourinhno from your list of optionscheesy cheesy! I wonder how that will sit with Nigerians

Mourinho? You must be joking. if u were Mourinho, would u coach Nigeria
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by dtwsola(m): 4:15am On Jan 28, 2008
How about a good homegrown coach. There's really nothing special about these European coaches.
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by davidif: 10:17am On Jan 28, 2008
If they let Berti Vogts go (which they eventually will) they should hire Pasquale Marino of Udinese or the great Vincente del Bosque, if none of them agree, then we can try to hire Ruud Guullit or wait for Frank Rijkaard (he might be too expensive) to get fired by Barca. I even heard that Louis van Gaal's time is almost up as AZ Alkmaar's coach and he has said he would like to take a team to the world cup.

Now for those of you who know absolutely nothing about soccer and are clamoring for a local coach, you all should realize that our coaches are absolutely useless. Mordern day soccer is like chess where coaches strategize and strategize and over-strategize sef, on the other hand, our brilliant Nigerian coaches are still playing draft or checkers. In European football (especially, Italy, Spain, and Holland), they are taught that possession is the name of the game and that just like basketball, your opponent cannot score when they don't have the ball; that's what the Dutch's "Total football" was about, you held on to the football and patiently waited for an opening hoping that your opponent would be out of position so you can capitalize on it. abi can anyone remember the champions league final of 1972: Ajax vs. Inter Milan where Ajax held on to the ball for 15 minutes (yes o 15 minutes!!! shocked shocked ). Meanwhile, their Nigerian counterparts are still playing "kick and follow", when the defenders get the ball instead of playing short passes to one another and surveying there opponents positioning, they just boot the ball forward 30 meters in the air like the British players who have absolutely no skill (Steven Gerrard anyone) hoping that by chance one of there teammates would latch on to it (abi una no dey watch premiership). Nonsense. There is no way you can win a serious tournament like the world cup playing like that.
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by Fadajasi(m): 11:43am On Jan 28, 2008
We need rafael benitez
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by Rebirth(m): 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2008
rafa benitez
very unlikely.

i heard van Gaal is being lined up to take over, but i'm not totally confident. Westerhoff
Wanderley Luxemburgo
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by folahann(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2008
Yeah!! Austin jay jay Okocha is man to lead Nigeria to glory
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by Rebirth(m): 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2008
[s]jay jay who?
he can't coach himself to have children that look like him. he is black, his wife is black, his children are half-caste [/s]
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by folahann(m): 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2008
You know i was just kidding
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by drchinox: 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2008
christian chukwu was left out or u think he still has money 4 isi ewu
& palm wine in obiagu Enugu.
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by WarfyBoy(m): 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2008
Samson Siasia
Stephen Keshi
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by folahann(m): 12:12am On Jan 30, 2008
Let Berti finish with himself first
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by 2ceSharp(m): 9:06am On Jan 30, 2008
I see you left out Jose Mourinhno from your list of optionscheesy Cheesy! I wonder how that will sit with Nigerians

Not entirely a bad idea u know, i'm a gunner but i do believe Mourinho is one of the best coaches around.
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by doyindamus: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2008
Please Please Please--------------------I would take anyone over a foreign coach

Let us keep our forex to ourself, and nurture local coaching talent.

Even if we come last for the next twenty years. . .I do not care.
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by amigoes(m): 11:26am On Jan 30, 2008
LETS TRY THE SCOTLAND APPROACH.
LAST TIME I REMEMBER THEY HAD A CONSORTIUM OF
THREE COACHES.

LETS USE SAMSON SIASIA,
AUSTIN EGUAVOEN
AND BABA ONIGBINDE TO GIVE BALANCE AND EXPERIENCE.
WOT DO YOU SAY?
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by sley4life(m): 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2008
Luis Van Gaal should coach us. Kanu is good as a coach grin We need an experience foreign coach not any half caste u call a foreigner to coach us. Vogt should be preparing to leave us on Tuesday by that time we would have lost our game with Ghana grin grin grin grin
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by ndubest(m): 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2008
The Dutchman Clemens Westerhoff is one coach that understands the nigerian system and the POLITICS involved in running football in this country

Funny enough he is even in Nigeria and is willing to take the eagles if given the opportunity

Combine him with Keshi and may be Siasia (his former boys), that will be a good mix cheesy cheesy
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by ass(m): 5:53pm On Jan 30, 2008
westerhof
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by nedulity: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2008
ye iagree with you westerhuff made us the best team in africa he gave us a formation which we used till mrs Betty came along. up till today we stilll leave in past glory cus of the performance of those gtreate players like yekini,finidi siasia,amokachi,amunike,oliseh,jayjay and the rest of them. Even if he doesnt end up being the chosen1 we need some 1 like him a man who understands our game play.
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by dominique(f): 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2008
As long as its not a foriegn coach, as far as i'm concerned, Eguavoen should never have been fired, the eagles were much more coordinated under him, when last did they score up to five goals in 2 different games, if not for those ill-fated games against angola, we would have made our mark at the last world cup.
Re: Who would you want to coach the Super Eagles? by metodman(m): 8:04am On Feb 02, 2008
WESTERHOF, THE MAN THAT REALLY UNDERSTANDS 9JA FOOTBALL AND HE IS SO PASSIONATE ABOUT 9JA FOOTBALL, I HONESTLY WANT THE MAN BACK, HIS GAME PATTERN FITS OUR KINDDA FOOTBALL AND HE IS NOT THE KINDDA MAN THAT WILL GIVE IN TO NFA'S THREATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR BABA IYABO CAN BE THE COACH grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Beat Kenya / Kalu Wants ''calamity Yobo'' At Right-back / Nigeria Vs Zambia,predict The Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.