Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,447 members, 7,836,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

What Makes You Go To Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes You Go To Church? (5343 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / What Gospel Songs Makes You Cry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes You Go To Church? by adeyemopaul: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]I go 2 church 2 worship my GOD jehovah in 1 mind exo. 3 vs 12 [b]I go 2 church 2 worship my GOD jehovah in 1 mind exo. 3 vs 12 [/b]I go 2 church 2 worship my GOD jehovah in 1 mind exo. 3 vs 12
Re: What Makes You Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
never_say_never:

I think going to church offers a lot more, except you don't believe in God, there's something special about HIS presence, if you went there to worship HIM, that is.
i'm not saying going to church isn't good. Infact its very good. But God is omnipresent. I skip church for a month and still be spiritually engaged with God..i feel blessed and fulfilled. Or i just go to church for the sake of going noni and gaining nothing spiritually..which is more better??
Re: What Makes You Go To Church? by gbigbega: 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
I go to church service to get 'serviced' for the week. That is why it is called a service.

I get serviced so that I am able to go through the week strong.
I get serviced from all encumbrances that I might have encountered during the week.
I get serviced from every evil attack I might have encountered.
I get serviced to perform great in the week ahead.

That's what church is all about for me. Some of you all are going about ramsackled and damaged all over without a weekly service you get from going to church.
I can imagine how you feel all over because of your state of disrepair and decay. Seriously, I don't know how you live with it.

I get my hype from being in church all the time became in the presence of God, there is fullness of joy and pleasures forever more.
I worship Him, He services me. Quid pro quo.

You should try this out sometimes, I think.
Re: What Makes You Go To Church? by AceMiss: 8:47am On Oct 29, 2012
To get inspired for the week and learn more about Christ. Also to prepare me for his coming
Re: What Makes You Go To Church? by lastpage: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2012
To listen to "Praise & Worship Songs".

I enjoy it more than when l just play it for myself alone, at home.

Apart from that, the rest na time wasting.

God does not "live inside" any building called Church.
HE lives in our heart joor!

Lastpage!
Re: What Makes You Go To Church? by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
BECAUSE I LOVE GOD! HIS PRESENCE MAKES MY LIFE MEANINGFULL
Re: What Makes You Go To Church? by neversaynever(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
booqee: i'm not saying going to church isn't good. Infact its very good. But God is omnipresent. I skip church for a month and still be spiritually engaged with God..i feel blessed and fulfilled. Or i just go to church for the sake of going noni and gaining nothing spiritually..which is more better??

That's my point exactly- HIS presence, where there's fullness of Joy. It's just like watching a football match on your tv, & then someone else watching it Live from the stadium...you both watched the matches, but the feeling's different. God's 'omnipresent' YES, but the church is Christ's body.
My 2cents

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? / What Does The Moon And Star Mean To Islam / Christians: Beware Of Satanic Agents On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.