Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It (5429 Views)

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! / What You Learnt In Church Today ? / Did You Put The Last Church Sermon In To Practice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by MissCorrection: 11:35am On Oct 28, 2012
k2039: Frankly,it was something I already new.

Psalm 46:1-2

God is all you need.

Thats the whole sermon in a nutshell

Knew
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Nipeks(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2012
Still in church. Boring service. *Takes my leave* My brothers should meet me at home after they finish extorting them.
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Aizebioje(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2012
ickychinky: Unveiling the mystery of Godliness (the spirit of WHOREDOM).

Same... WINNERS CHAPEL UGBOWO BENIN CITY
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by matrixme(m): 11:49am On Oct 28, 2012
The message was titled New Creation Realities.
We should be able to answer three questions, now that we're in Christ.
1.Our identity- the root of man's fall, and the first temptation of Christ.
2.The abilities we now pocess - the divine ability and grace now given unto us
3. The divine resources now ours.
I really felt blessed by the concise message!
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Smallville4live(m): 11:50am On Oct 28, 2012
Topic: The Powerful Life of Faith and Freedom.

Always speak positively about your situation with faith. All your confessions should be with faith and the Lord will not disappoint you. Amen. For without faith it is impossible to please God.
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by nwaire: 11:52am On Oct 28, 2012
bank2k4real: Unveiling the spirit of godliness...
By overcoming the spirit of whoredom.....
wao, did u attend Winners in Ekiti?
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by toluxe0075: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2012
cashmentor: Mark 10:46-52

The Blind Begger, Bartimaeus....
Lesson:
1. "master let me see again"

Jesus can still restore all your lost Glory, wealth, Health, Fame, in short anything.
2: but before He restores to you all your Cravings, you Must ASK, only then can he ACT.. He wants us to make use of our Mouths and Faith, even though God knows u're suffering and in Need of great Help, support, deliverance or Restoration, You Must Speak it with your Mouth..
3: when you're trying to Restore or Achieve anything, people will scold you, try to silence you just like they did the Blind Man... But "he Only Shouted all the Loudest". Then Jesus STOPED! Mark that word, Jesus Stoped and called Him only after he Shouted Lorder.
4: when you refuse to allow the scoldings and nay sayings of people hinder your jorney, these same people will sing your Praise and tell the world your story.... The same people who asked the blind man to be mute, were the same people who said, "Courage, Get up, He is Calling you"..
Don't give up on your struggles!
5: the Blind Man had his Sight Restored, why? Because he Had Faith and no amount of the scoldings or setbacks could stop him from claiming his Blessing, he knew that was his Only opportunity, hence, he grabbed it with both hands.....

Know when your Opportunities are staring at you in the Face!
i'm very sure u are a catholic..u did a gr8 job sharing dis, u've done well..
@op mark 10:46-52
what i learnt 2day is 2 always ask God wat i need,itz not dat God do no knw wat we want buh he want we 2 ask just like d bible passage verse 51 Jesus asked d the blind man(bartimaeus) "wat do u want me 2 do for u" Jesus knew he was blind n knew he want deliverance buh he allowed him 2 ask 4 wat he really want. Who knows d blindman might want money 4rm Jesus rather than deliverance, buh when he said it wit his own mouth dat he wants 2 receive his sight again n his wish was granted onto him
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Aizebioje(m): 11:58am On Oct 28, 2012
MissCorrection:

Knew
Didn't want to do this but SHUT UP!!!
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
2day in my church is football fan's harvest *wierd* so d sermon was basically abt sports. D onli tin i learnt was d futility of life.
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Shieldjnr: 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
Jesus is coming soon!!!repent from ur sins and b ye seperated 2cor 6:14-18, 1john 2:15
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by remzytimer: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2012
Vic-jay:
Unvailing the spirit of goodliness IV. 1 tim 3:15. The Spirit of Whoredom. LFC(Winners chapel). Sapele road, Benin City regional HQ

Unveiling the mistsy of Godliness <part 4b> sub topic: spirit of whoredom LFC Jikwoyi, abuja.
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Sharexgold(m): 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
THE WORLD OVERCOMERS' CHURCH
13, Bolatito street, off pipeline, off old ota Road, Oke-Odo, Abule Egba , Lagos.
TOPIC: WAR AGAINST POVERTY
Poverty is not lack of Money, but lack of Knowledge and right mentality. Why many is poor is b'cos they are not useful, so Learn to be useful. Learn to Have multiple so source of INCOME. When Christ is not in ur Finance, you loose his power of multipication.
Look for how to solve problems. Don't look for money, rather look for problems to solve....!
Poverty is d end result of bn rigid.
Desire good things, what you admire you will attract, so desire and appreciate. 'Cos what you don't respect, you can't attract, so appreciate and respect.
Take responsibility for failure and take ur position.
All you need is a DRIVE and GOD!
Learn how to create money.
Anoiting is transfered through deep relationship.
ANOINTING + ACTION + FAVOUR = PROSPERITY!!!
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Iaz93: 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
Even before the service kicked off, i was already dozing off...
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Mucokey(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
MissCorrection:

Lets
Let's undecided
MissCorrection:

Lets
Let's

1 Like

Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by tayejay(m): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
Reversing the Order of the soul traders or killers by Pastor Tai Osuntubo
Micah 7:2, Nahum 3:4 & Rev 18: 10-13
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by ebiye55(m): 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
DO NOT GO BACK TO POVERTY
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by abuaoyen(f): 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ist readin jer 31:7_9 d Lord wil comfort d blind & d lame as he leads dem bak. Gospel Mark 10:46_52 master let me c again. Lesson: ur faith wil heal u. Beliv in d Lord
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by jonex70(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
OUR GOD REIGN FOR EVER.
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Maximus85(m): 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2012
Worship God in the right way will make you have true happiness. Money and wealth only brings little satisfaction but not happiness, peace and security. When you follow God's commandments, you'll realize that you need just little things to enjoy life.

First, Keep on, seeking, then God's kingdom and its righteousness and these other things will be added on to you. God first before materials things.

And our salvation shouldn't come before the sanctification of God's name. As for our salvation, God knows how to save and protect his own. So ask yourself... I'm I worthy of God's protection?
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by cbjonstage(m): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
WHAT IS YOUR EXPECTATIONS ? Abuja church

2 KGS. 2:1-22

Be persistent in nature because is one of admirable character to success...prophet elisha was persistent to receive double portion of Elijah mantle; it was more than if he had left him thousands of gold and silver.
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by cbjonstage(m): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
Sharexgold: THE WORLD OVERCOMERS' CHURCH
13, Bolatito street, off pipeline, off old ota Road, Oke-Odo, Abule Egba , Lagos.
TOPIC: WAR AGAINST POVERTY
Poverty is not lack of Money, but lack of Knowledge and right mentality. Why many is poor is b'cos they are not useful, so Learn to be useful. Learn to Have multiple so source of INCOME. When Christ is not in ur Finance, you loose his power of multipication.
Look for how to solve problems. Don't look for money, rather look for problems to solve....!
Poverty is d end result of bn rigid.
Desire good things, what you admire you will attract, so desire and appreciate. 'Cos what you don't respect, you can't attract, so appreciate and respect.
Take responsibility for failure and take ur position.
All you need is a DRIVE and GOD!
Learn how to create money.
Anoiting is transfered through deep relationship.
ANOINTING + ACTION + FAVOUR = PROSPERITY!!!

CHURCH ADVERTISEMENT...OP was after lessons learnt from the sermon of today and NOT NAME OF CHURCH AND ADDRESS angry undecided
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by seechris(m): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
Today's sermon was about building a good relationship with God!
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by jimiphunmmy(f): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
Vic-jay:
Unvailing the spirit of goodliness IV. 1 tim 3:15. The Spirit of Whoredom. LFC(Winners chapel). Sapele road, Benin City regional HQ
the same was preached in my church...ijebu ode,lfc
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Bisjosh(f): 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
Female bashing cry angry
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Obinto44(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
cashmentor: Mark 10:46-52

The Blind Begger, Bartimaeus....
Lesson:
1. "master let me see again"

Jesus can still restore all your lost Glory, wealth, Health, Fame, in short anything.
2: but before He restores to you all your Cravings, you Must ASK, only then can he ACT.. He wants us to make use of our Mouths and Faith, even though God knows u're suffering and in Need of great Help, support, deliverance or Restoration, You Must Speak it with your Mouth..
3: when you're trying to Restore or Achieve anything, people will scold you, try to silence you just like they did the Blind Man... But "he Only Shouted all the Loudest". Then Jesus STOPED! Mark that word, Jesus Stoped and called Him only after he Shouted Lorder.
4: when you refuse to allow the scoldings and nay sayings of people hinder your jorney, these same people will sing your Praise and tell the world your story.... The same people who asked the blind man to be mute, were the same people who said, "Courage, Get up, He is Calling you"..
Don't give up on your struggles!
5: the Blind Man had his Sight Restored, why? Because he Had Faith and no amount of the scoldings or setbacks could stop him from claiming his Blessing, he knew that was his Only opportunity, hence, he grabbed it with both hands.....

Know when your Opportunities are staring at you in the Face!
U jst blessed ma soul ma dear especiali where u said'those who scolded him 2 keep mute where dsame who encoraged him 2 get up, Jesus is callin him' tanks a lot
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by siobahn: 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
Proverbs 29:18
Topic: Vision is the key to your future.
3 things that prevent people from achieveing their vision:
Failing to understand the nature of your vision
Failing to recognize the cost of vision
Failing to understand the principles of fulfilling your vision

It was a very great and enlightening service
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by Shaw007(m): 1:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
omiobo:

Typing In the church? You have no respect for God. May God have mercy on you.
Amen Amen!!
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by yomtolly(f): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
Faith- learn how to increase your faith
- Without faith no miracle
- when u have faith, u will have rest of mind (cos as soon as u pray to Him, u will believe that God
has heard u & He is more than able)
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by PosCaricature: 2:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
There is this young Usher I always eye. She wasn't in the service today. So, I was devastated. I found it difficult to pay attention to the sermon. Bored through out.
Re: Today Sermon In Your Church And The Lessons You Learnt From It by midich: 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2012
The gospel was about blind barthaemus who didn't allow what people think or people's effort to stop him from receiving his healing. Hence FEAR, LAZINESS, SELFISHNESS and PRIDE are the elements that keeps us from achieving our destiny.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Operation Of The Mark Of The Beast..........by Sis. Toun Praise / The Argument Against Atheism In Nigeria? / Churhes That Collect Tithes And First Fruits Are All Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.