Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) (21178 Views)

Onitsha Shopping Mall Commissioned By Obiano - Photos / Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market / Port Harcourt Monorail Nearing Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by dplordx(m): 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
@Billyonaire and Emmy9ite

Abeg, make person hear word. Make una stop this rubbish PPP PPP PPP scam format jare!
Na because of PPP dem wan wipe the poor man commot for the surface of lagos!
Dont drive okada. Dont sell at the side of the road. Dont hawk. Dont enter lekki without paying cash!
Make Fash shove this PPP jargons for him a$$ jare angry
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by chucky234(m): 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
Billyonaire:

You sound like an advocate for the poor but you do not even understand what the trade terms on the project is. The project is PPP and the investors are the determinants of the price that their shops should go for. It is not a State Sponsored Project. Its stated as First Bank credit project by the private sector. Government is simply a regulator. If you are so concerned about the poor, you should go to the market and teach them how to secure loan from the banks to buy the stalls.
Why not go to the market yourself to teach them how to secure loans and provide them with collateral with which to obtain loans from banks,rubbish.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
toba: To be honest with u, these shops/stalls arent for the poor, even though there would be mortgage facilities available. But if one would pay N6m in 25 years, it means u must be making at least N500,000 profit per annum cos u have to pay bank interest at about 18% per annum if not more

Dont tell me this is a pro-masses approach? BRF is too anti-masses! Forget his useless schools, and flower projects.
What has this useless barrister given Lagos besides more taxes and pains. Though, seems like im still gonna vote ACN come 2015 undecided
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2012
When others are busy building airport for the elites to get safe passage for their looted funds Lagos is busy developing the grassroot for better future.

Another safe way to care for Igbos
After the completion you can bring more of your siblings to Lagos to engage them in cloth selling.

The benefit you don't get in your home state,sure you are getting here.

Welcome to the Dreamland full of Honey.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
aasog1:

Dont tell me this is a pro-masses approach? BRF is too anti-masses! Forget his useless schools, and flower projects.
What has this useless barrister given Lagos besides more taxes and pains. Though, seems like im still gonna vote ACN come 2015 undecided

Mr. Man are you not getting the benefit of tax paid?

Well you just saw one of its reward.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
dplordx: @Billyonaire and Emmy9ite

Abeg, make person hear word. Make una stop this rubbish PPP PPP PPP scam format jare!
Dont drive okada. Dont sell at the side of the road. Dont hawk. Dont enter lekki without paying cash!

You must have lost all hope.
Think higher boy,workhard and get big result,if you fail don't give up.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by crackhaus: 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
Why am I not surprised? I've always had this feeling Governor Fashola is somewhat a capitalist, I mean the man has great taste toppled with the fact he holds a huge political office. Don't get me wrong, Governor man has vision but if he's gonna turn lagos into Hong Kong or Dubai, there should be provision for middle/low-income citizens as well seeing that the majority of the population of Lagos is actually them.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by crackhaus: 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
Are you being funny or what? Grassroots? Really! Guy, please educate me on how this will benefit the grassroots?
OYINBOGOJU: When others are busy building airport for the elites to get safe passage for their looted funds Lagos is busy developing the grassroot for better future.

After the completion you can bring more of your siblings to Lagos to engage them in cloth selling.

Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by sokera: 6:23pm On Oct 29, 2012
chucky234: Sophisticated rubbish,why can't Fashola accommodate the poor in his decision making,all he does is favour the rich and leave the poor to rot away. More than 3000 traders were displaced from that site with promise of allocating shops to them on completion of the new shopping mall but that has not been the case as the shops were leased to wealthy Nigerians for millions of naira per unit,who is fooling who.

Thank God you called it a site not shopping mall as it is now. Fashola ride on...
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by rman: 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nigerians want nice stuffs but they don't want to pay for it.
This kind of structure is what a serious government should be putting in place.

The people clamouring for the poor seriously miss the point. Are we saying government should build shanties in 2012 because they want to cater for the poor?
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by JaaizTech: 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
toba: To be honest with u, these shops/stalls arent for the poor, even though there would be mortgage facilities available. But if one would pay N6m in 25 years, it means u must be making at least N500,000 profit per annum cos u have to pay bank interest at about 18% per annum if not more

I think you guys are making a very wrong assumption. Those guys that owned shops (mark the word owned), in the former Tejuosho market are by no means poor, any former Tejuosho shop owner is a fairly big trader. Those whom this new shopping complex will mostly affect negatively is those traders that were hanging by pathways, on the staircase, corridors and the likes.

However, it is unfortunate that at every strata of the Nigerian Government corruption has eaten deep, even when the Governor means well, by building shops at affordable prices, the rich in collusion with civil servants will find a way of quickly buying up the shops, and later selling them at exorbitant prices. To make things work in Nigeria, the Governor must pay keen attention to the processes himself otherwise the story will remain the same.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
dplordx: @Billyonaire and Emmy9ite

I can not help you with this. I have to make it known to you that God didnt create anyone to be poor. Poverty is a result of the choices that those poor people make, and they can become rich if they decide to move with the tides of time and change. God himself isnt pro-poverty, its the reason he took away the 1 talent from the guy that had only one and not give it to the guy that had 5 but to the guy that had 10 - culled from the Parable of the sower (in your goodbook). That being said. This is hard to believe but its the unfortunate truth that people are afraid to say, There is no place for the poor in the new Lagos. Its either the poor alters his mindset and join the growing numbers of the rich or middle class or they move to other states. Those are the only choices in today's realism. This new PPPed ultra-modern market is a great thing, right now I can afford to be called a trader cos I can decide to go and buy stalls and start selling high end gadgets against the popular norm that Market men and women are the illiterate and poor class, a notion you hold dearly. The sooner you let these truth find a place in your medula oblongata, the better for all.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by pecopeco: 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
blink182: This is really nice. All markets in the country should be like this, unfortunately tomatoes sellers can't pitch tent here.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
The folly of our leaders! imagine the state of road in front of this multibillion naira project, really sickening when I pass in front of this market. Fashola or whoever is in charge should take care of this road fast!
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
JaaizTech:

I think you guys are making a very wrong assumption. Those guys that owned shops (mark the word owned), in the former Tejuosho market are by no means poor, any former Tejuosho shop owner is a fairly big trader. Those whom this new shopping complex will mostly affect negatively is those traders that were hanging by pathways, on the staircase, corridors and the likes.

However, it is unfortunate that at every strata of the Nigerian Government corruption has eaten deep, even when the Governor means well, by building shops at affordable prices, the rich in collusion with civil servants will find a way of quickly buying up the shops, and later selling them at exorbitant prices. To make things work in Nigeria, the Governor must pay keen attention to the processes himself otherwise the story will remain the same.
there are stalls provided which would cost a price lower than N6million but they arent lock up shops
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
Are You Sure The Woman That Sells Okrika say 200 τ̅☺ 250 each can afford this?
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by samkoro: 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
JaaizTech:

That is what is happening right now.All the shops has been bought by civil servants in the state,waiting to reap off buyers.But unfortunately for them,buyers are not forthcomming because of the prices.

Business is not about owning a shop in a magnificent environment and selling one item in two days.If the environment is expensive,goods will be expensive too,while ironicaly the masses are poor.Fashola thinks every one is a millionare like him.He is extemely elitist and hates the poor passionately.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
shol: Are You Sure The Woman That Sells Okrika say 200 τ̅☺ 250 each can afford this?
N6m shop is not for okrika sellers or ewedu sellers
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by bashr8: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: When others are busy building airport for the elites to get safe passage for their looted funds Lagos is busy developing the grassroot for better future.

and who is stopping yorubas from paying for shops there?
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Dansadaumallam(m): 2:03am On Oct 30, 2012
shol: Are You Sure The Woman That Sells Okrika say 200 τ̅☺ 250 each can afford this?
Must one selling 2nd hand clothing come to the mall or will this mall close hundreds of small selling outlets in lagos? We (progressives) must move on . Consider it an understatement that thir shops will not be affordable if u know how much money the average trader makes in a week.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:53am On Oct 30, 2012
This is nice and all, but how many nigerians can actually afford to shop there?? Kind of pointless, when the majority of the population are living below the poverty level.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by otokx(m): 7:06am On Oct 30, 2012
nice
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by member479760: 7:25am On Oct 30, 2012
they need build in auto fire extinguisher to complete the project.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by AjanleKoko: 8:18am On Oct 30, 2012
This 'can the poor afford it' syndrome sef grin. Everybody seems to roll that out now, for every government project. Can the poor afford it? I tire embarassed

If you live below the poverty line, you got no business owning a shop. Your priority should be survival, earning a living. I'm sure some of the poor were gainfully employed as artisans or labourers during the building of this shopping complex.

More projects like this, more jobs for the poor. Heck, the poor can even work as shop attendants, parking attendants, security, or worreva. There's no free lunch anywhere jare. Leave matter.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Venchy: 10:46am On Oct 30, 2012
I think some people on NL are complete baby and they have no idea of what development is all about.

Some places are long Overdue to be regenerated and that's exactly what Governor Fash is doing.

SOME PEOPLE DOESN'T LIKE CHANGES, No matter what you say or do to them in order to improve their lives and the their surroundings, they'll not understand but COMPLAIN.

For once let's HAIL anybody making difference afterall all we had before was EMBEZZLEMENT.

Well done Fash .
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by ebosed: 11:23am On Oct 30, 2012
ACN is Falling Down. Go to Ondo State and see what is called market for all people. This is no doubt market for jaga-whatever rich friends. What happened to CITY-MALL would also happen to this. WATCH OUT.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by ebosed: 11:32am On Oct 30, 2012
AjanleKoko: This 'can the poor afford it' syndrome sef grin. Everybody seems to roll that out now, for every government project. Can the poor afford it? I tire embarassed

If you live below the poverty line, you got no business owning a shop. Your priority should be survival, earning a living. I'm sure some of the poor were gainfully employed as artisans or labourers during the building of this shopping complex.

More projects like this, more jobs for the poor. Heck, the poor can even work as shop attendants, parking attendants, security, or worreva. There's no free lunch anywhere jare. Leave matter.

I agree with you my brother from another mother but can you afford this? Its a shame that the start built a market with my money that makes no sense to at least 15percent of it populace. We already have Shoprite, Spar and Park n Shop, this is nonsense!
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by cecegorz(m): 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
toba: I dont think this is correct. i know its a leasehold interest that would be granted through first bank the financier in cooperation with LASG. shops are to be leasased for 25yrs renewable upon expiration of sizes ranging from[b] 6m2, 9m2, to 12m2[/b] etc in lock up shops and open stalls. the lowest for the 25yrs lease is N6million

That's right bro.
The allocation was done with payments into firstbank Account @540k/m2 around 08/09.
So for the guys wondering 'who can afford that'? it's all bought up already!
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Tolaaaaannni(f): 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
AjanleKoko: This 'can the poor afford it' syndrome sef grin. Everybody seems to roll that out now, for every government project. Can the poor afford it? I tire embarassed

More projects like this, more jobs for the poor.
Heck, the poor can even work as shop attendants, parking attendants, security, or worreva. There's no free lunch anywhere jare. Leave matter.

Lets start by saying no one said anything about the poor owning a shop, (heck if the poor wanted to own a shop what is so wrong in it?) 2nd, How can the poor earn a living in a country like Nigeria, where the system is built to benefit the rich? And how can the poor get jobs when job owners only hire family members or people that they are familiar with?? Imagine a college graduate that has been looking for job 5 years since graduation. Think about that and then comment again.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by AjanleKoko: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Lets start by saying no one said anything about the poor owning a shop, (heck if the poor wanted to own a shop what is so wrong in it?) 2nd, How can the poor earn a living in a country like Nigeria, where the system is built to benefit the rich? And how can the poor get jobs when job owners only hire family members or people that they are familiar with?? Imagine a college graduate that has been looking for job 5 years since graduation. Think about that and then comment again.

If the poor want to own a shop, then they need to go to a market or place where they can afford one. If they cannot afford one, then they need to work. Not everybody will be able to afford everything. It doesn't happen anywhere in the world. Some people in the West live on the street and beg. Because Nigeria is poorer as a nation, and has few infrastructures like the new Tejuosho market built regularly, there are fewer jobs in Nigeria than in the West. We should be happy when projects like this are executed, because it means new jobs will be created.

The system in Nigeria is not built to benefit anybody. Not even the rich. The rich just make money in Nigeria, and spend abroad. Why? There has been no real system to speak of, for years. In a country where nothing has worked well for years, how can you talk about 'system'?

Finally, 'job owners' as you call them, have the right to hire whoever they want to hire. They don't have to hire you. Also, college graduates who have been out of work for five years? There's no system anywhere, not only in Nigeria that guarantees jobs for anybody, not to talk of college graduates. In a booming economy, jobs are created by people who start businesses. If everybody goes to college, like in Nigeria, and waits for someone to employ them, who will employ anybody?

Projects like this Tejuosho market redesign will create jobs of a better quality that existed before now. New shops will be opened, shop attendants will be hired. Maintenance crews, cleaners, parking attendants, security, etc. Businesses that rent office space within that complex will employ people to work for them. Some graduates will also get jobs here. The old Tejuosho market was just a semi-open market, with no facilities, no amenities, parking on the street, touts and alaarus everywhere. Which one is better, to be an alaaru or market tout, or to do some of the other jobs I listed above?

Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by AjanleKoko: 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
ebosed:

I agree with you my brother from another mother but can you afford this? Its a shame that the start built a market with my money that makes no sense to at least 15percent of it populace. We already have Shoprite, Spar and Park n Shop, this is nonsense!

Look, it matters little if I can afford to shop here, or own a shop here. What matters is, I can get a job here as a sales boy, or a security guard, or even a parking attendant.

Why do people talk and think like this in Nigeria?
Would you have preferred that the government stands on the street and shares the money that was used to build this shopping complex? Maybe N1,000 a pop to anyone that's around, so they could vote ACN in the next elections? It seems to me like that is what people prefer.

We need to shed this village mentality, or else we won't move forward. Maybe people need to think about going back to their villages, back to their farms or whatever their forefathers did. Looks like that is the only thing we understand.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:32am On Oct 31, 2012
AjanleKoko:

If the poor want to own a shop, then they need to go to a market or place where they can afford one. If they cannot afford one, then they need to work. Not everybody will be able to afford everything. It doesn't happen anywhere in the world. Some people in the West live on the street and beg. Because Nigeria is poorer as a nation, and has few infrastructures like the new Tejuosho market built regularly, there are fewer jobs in Nigeria than in the West. We should be happy when projects like this are executed, because it means new jobs will be created.

The system in Nigeria is not built to benefit anybody. Not even the rich. The rich just make money in Nigeria, and spend abroad. Why? There has been no real system to speak of, for years. In a country where nothing has worked well for years, how can you talk about 'system'?

Finally, 'job owners' as you call them, have the right to hire whoever they want to hire. They don't have to hire you. Also, college graduates who have been out of work for five years? There's no system anywhere, not only in Nigeria that guarantees jobs for anybody, not to talk of college graduates. In a booming economy, jobs are created by people who start businesses. If everybody goes to college, like in Nigeria, and waits for someone to employ them, who will employ anybody?

Projects like this Tejuosho market redesign will create jobs of a better quality that existed before now. New shops will be opened, shop attendants will be hired. Maintenance crews, cleaners, parking attendants, security, etc. Businesses that rent office space within that complex will employ people to work for them. Some graduates will also get jobs here. The old Tejuosho market was just a semi-open market, with no facilities, no amenities, parking on the street, touts and alaarus everywhere. Which one is better, to be an alaaru or market tout, or to do some of the other jobs I listed above?

Think about it.

You just contradicted yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Money Running A Football Viewing Center In Nigeria / Is It Advisable To Save Money With These Recent Events / Government Raises Import Duties On Consumable, Luxury Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.