Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? (1634 Views)

When Should Parents Let Teenagers Make Their Own Decisions? / Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? / Parent(s) Laying Curses On Their Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
Last week, my school mother gave birth to a bouncing baby boy, i wasnt chanced to go to the naming ceremony so, i had to call to ask her of the baby's name,,, guess wat!?? it was MUkHARAM... Oh jeeeeez.. Lwkmd,, how can a civilized parent name their child muk-haram,, dont u think d name is funny Muslims in the house what is d meaning of MUK-HARAM and all oda funny names lyk busiriyu, iskilu, yakubu, kamilu, tafa, saliu and so on..??
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 29, 2012
Lolaabokoku: Last week, my school mother gave birth to a bouncing baby boy, i wasnt chanced to go to the naming ceremony so, i had to call to ask her of the baby's name,,, guess wat!?? it was MUkHARAM... Oh jeeeeez.. Lwkmd,, how can a civilized parent name their child muk-haram,, dont u think d name is funny Muslims in the house what is d meaning of MUK-HARAM and all oda funny names lyk busiriyu, iskilu, yakubu, kamilu, tafa, saliu and so on..??

I would presume your "school mother" is also a friend. Yet here you are, insulting her on a discussion board, over her choice of name for her baby. What business of yours is her chosen name? I can almost hear the rusty cogs in that putrid mess you call a brain creaking, as it tries to assist you in spreading your bile. Would you say you yourself are a civilized human?

It would appear this thread has been started by yourself, in a lame bid to spark a religous war here. You're the very sort of human Caucaseans use as a tool to poke fun at traditional African names, now go crawl under a rock, and hide your face in shame.

1 Like

Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
Siena:

I would presume your "school mother" is also a friend. Yet here you are, insulting her on a discussion board, over her choice of name for her baby. What business of yours is her chosen name? I can almost hear the rusty cogs in that putrid mess you call a brain creaking, as it tries to assist you in spreading your bile. Would you say you yourself are a civilized human?

It would appear this thread has been started by yourself, in a lame bid to spark a religous war here. You're the very sort of human Caucaseans use as a tool to poke fun at traditional African names, now go crawl under a rock, and hide your face in shame.
hey hold it dia,, u just talk any how @ pple,, must u comment? U sud be b one to hide ur face in shame.. Big old fool
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Lolaabokoku: hey hold it dia,, u just talk any how @ pple,, must u comment? U sud be b one to hide ur face in shame.. Big old fool

Sticks and stones, water off a duck's back. I talk to people (not at them) as their attitude calls for. You posted your garbage, because you wanted a reaction. Well, you got it, so quit whinging. You wanted a Muslim versus Christian mud-slinging match, you're just peeved it didn't happen the way you wanted it to.

Any Nigerian who would poke fun at a supposedly close person's choice of name for their own child, and invite others to do the same is a stone jerk, end of. You should be rejoicing with your "school mother's" safe delivery, not going behind her back to call her names. You're the sort of person who's best avoided.

I wonder if your friend knows what you're really like?
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by slimyem: 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2012
If you had really wanted to know the meaning of those names out of curiousity,you could have gone to the Islam for muslims section and started a thread about it.... but this just seems like your real intention is to mock muslim names.
Not cool!

1 Like

Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by eddy1977(m): 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
@ siena, i salute you sir. I wish you were my English teacher. Very mature and intelligent responses.

@ poster, you may have meant good but your choice of words and presentation were not as appropriate. Just apologize and rephrase your thread.
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
Lolaabokoku: Last week, my school mother gave birth to a bouncing baby boy, i wasnt chanced to go to the naming ceremony so, i had to call to ask her of the baby's name,,, guess wat!?? it was MUkHARAM... Oh jeeeeez.. Lwkmd,, how can a civilized parent name their child muk-haram,, dont u think d name is funny Muslims in the house what is d meaning of MUK-HARAM and all oda funny names lyk busiriyu, iskilu, yakubu, kamilu, tafa, saliu and so on..??

I'd try and be positive;

What you don't understand is these Moslem names are not pronounced like that, if you hear how it's pronounced, you'd fall in love.

Example the names you just called funny is called/ pronounced Mukram, Bashir,yokub,kamal,soli, Abdulah, Fatah and so on, open your mind and maybe you'd get educated undecided
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
And I am sure a lot of people would wonder what a disgusting name Omolola Abokoku is
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by baby124: 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
See Amebo. Ewo. May God save us from amebo undercover friends. What a devilish, and snide post.
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu: And I am sure a lot of people would wonder what a disgusting name Omolola Abokoku is
yes dats my name.. Do u have any problem with that??
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
baby_123: See Amebo. Ewo. May God save us from amebo undercover friends. What a devilish, and snide post.
amen tnx
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
jidegirl12:

I'd try and be positive;

What you don't understand is these Moslem names are not pronounced like that, if you hear how it's pronounced, you'd fall in love.

Example the names you just called funny is called/ pronounced Mukram, Bashir,yokub,kamal,soli, Abdulah, Fatah and so on, open your mind and maybe you'd get educated undecided
@jide girl12 tnx ojare ur d only who gave a sensible reply.. Now i knw beta, anybody wey dey vex make he or she go hug transformer!!!
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by dayokanu(m): 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
Lolaabokoku: yes dats my name.. Do u have any problem with that??

The same problem you have with your friend sons name is what I have with your own name
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 7:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
Siena:

Sticks and stones, water off a duck's back. I talk to people (not at them) as their attitude calls for. You posted your garbage, because you wanted a reaction. Well, you got it, so quit whinging. You wanted a Muslim versus Christian mud-slinging match, you're just peeved it didn't happen the way you wanted it to.

Any Nigerian who would poke fun at a supposedly close person's choice of name for their own child, and invite others to do the same is a stone jerk, end of. You should be rejoicing with your "school mother's" safe delivery, not going behind her back to call her names. You're the sort of person who's best avoided.

I wonder if your friend knows what you're really like?
go hug & transformer cos dats d solution to ur problem.. Mcheeew
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
slimyem: If you had really wanted to know the meaning of those names out of curiousity,you could have gone to the Islam for muslims section and started a thread about it.... but this just seems like your real intention is to mock muslim names.
Not cool!
no am not here to mock anybody my dear..
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
eddy1977: @ siena, i salute you sir. I wish you were my English teacher. Very mature and intelligent responses.

@ poster, you may have meant good but your choice of words and presentation were not as appropriate. Just apologize and rephrase your thread.
@ eddy tnx darling u are a genius wit good manner of approach
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
Lolaabokoku: go hug & transformer cos dats d solution to ur problem.. Mcheeew

...Only if you hug the said transformer first. Depending on what you looked like after you've hugged it, I might decline to do the same.

You messed up with your daft post - fact. Simply admit you were ignorant, and move on. Do you honestly, hand on heart think your old school mother would want you anywhere near her, or her newborn if she got to read this? When you actually implied that she's uncivilized? If you can't see anything wrong in your thread, then it's pointless even trying to make you see sense.
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
Siena: undecided

...Only if you hug the said transformer first. Depending on what you looked like after you've hugged it, I might decline to do the same.

You messed up with your daft post - fact. Simply admit you were ignorant, and move on. Do you honestly, hand on heart think your old school mother would want you anywhere near her, or her newborn if she got to read this? When you actually implied that she's uncivilized? If you can't see anything wrong in your thread, then it's pointless even trying to make you see sense.

And that's why you need to educate her instead of venting grin

I go to Moslems naming ceremonies and hear new names from Al-Quran ,

I ask and the Alfas explain it to me, even tho I read the Quran and itumo, I still need to be educated when needed.
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 12:32am On Oct 30, 2012
Siena:

i told u transformer is ur solution,,, u just go & give it a hug & d solution to ur problems are ova.. Anofia
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2012
Lolaabokoku: i told u transformer is ur solution,,, u just go & give it a hug & d solution to ur problems are ova.. Anofia

I don't think everyone's beyond redemption, so I'll tell you this - go through your opening post, and tell me there's nothing wrong with it. Then put yourself in your old school mother's position, then you stumble upon a post she made about you and your newborn baby on an online forum like you did. If you'd be happy with it, then so be it.

Everyone makes mistakes, that's how we learn. But if those mistakes are not acknowledged it's impossible to learn anything from them. It takes a decent person to admit they were wrong, rather than doggedly hanging on due to a false sense of pride.

I can't break things down any more than I already have. It's up to you to glean something out of it, or not. I'm done with you, you can either admit you were wrong, or carry on insulting. Either way, I'll acknowledge, but I won't respond.
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 7:44am On Oct 31, 2012
Siena:

I don't think everyone's beyond redemption, so I'll tell you this - go through your opening post, and tell me there's nothing wrong with it. Then put yourself in your old school mother's position, then you stumble upon a post she made about you and your newborn baby on an online forum like you did. If you'd be happy with it, then so be it.

Everyone makes mistakes, that's how we learn. But if those mistakes are not acknowledged it's impossible to learn anything from them. It takes a decent person to admit they were wrong, rather than doggedly hanging on due to a false sense of pride.

I can't break things down any more than I already have. It's up to you to glean something out of it, or not. I'm done with you, you can either admit you were wrong, or carry on insulting. Either way, I'll acknowledge, but I won't respond.
so u can be dis polite... I wonda wat makes u so harsh b4... Any way tnx
Re: What Names Should Parents Call Their Child? by Obelomo: 1:03am On Nov 01, 2012
Names that sound simple and cool, also they have to have good meaning. I have a lot a names, but people sometimes have something to say about them. My english name is so old school, and I am tired of close Yoruba friend calling me by that name. Also, my Yoruba name is too damn common! So there are many things to think about when naming your child. I am going to give my kids many names too!

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Man Who Plans To Marry A Goat Oct 13 / How To Welcome Visitors / TEENS CONNECT - Insights For Exceptional Young Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.