Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? (5262 Views)

An Atheist In Love With A Christian / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by tobechi74: 11:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
If in an election, your best candidate for the position says he is an atheist.

You had made up your mind to vote for him until you heard the news. Will you go ahead and vote him?
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by advocate666: 11:55pm On Oct 28, 2012
yes
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 29, 2012
grin grin grin

Yes
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by manmustwac(m): 2:08am On Oct 29, 2012
Yes. Even if he was a christian & I was convinced he'd make a good leader I'd vote for him.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by CrazyMan(m): 3:06am On Oct 29, 2012
Logicboy03: grin grin grin

Yes
Lol...I'm not surprised...
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by semid4lyfe(m): 5:45am On Oct 29, 2012
That's like asking if I'll vote for Wole Soyinka in an election being contested by him, Andy Uba, Dimeji Bankole and Farouk Lawan grin

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:48am On Oct 29, 2012
Nope
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 29, 2012
Religious/Non religious beliefs should not be considered when voting, in my own opinion.

I won't vote him because he's atheist/christian/muslim/traditional, but based on competence and 'trust'....

Although I have to admit, it would be disastrous for a Nigerian politician to make public his non-belief.

What he'll say: I dont believe in God.
What they'll hear: I sleep with the Devil.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 29, 2012
Why not? As long as he has gained my confidence in him being a good leader. Such roles are not based on religion but ethics, after all we have so many corrupt Christians and Muslims in the seat of government.

8 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by ugwuchivincent: 5:52am On Oct 29, 2012
wo is an athiest
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by kawkab: 5:57am On Oct 29, 2012
Yes yes Yes

Though I am a Christian, Nigerian and Africa has shown that they throw religion away and morally to the dustbin when they get to public office. Rev Jolly Nyame a methodist Reverend ruled taraba State for 8 years they outcome was shameful. Rev. Fr. Adasu was the Governor of Benue State he achieved nothing. Shekarau was a professed Islamic Scholar; he ruled Kano State for 8 years using propaganda and other vain ploy, yet the state has nothing to show for it.

In Nigeria today cars are more born again than those driving them. You see cars with multiple religious stickers yet the drivers drive like demented animals on the road.

if one is an atheist and is morally uplift, forthright and has shown he is a good leader, though I am a Christian, i would vote for the person over and over again.

16 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Lbrasi: 6:07am On Oct 29, 2012
YES...I have even learnt to deal with people based on their integrity and individuality...

all those religious affiliations na scam most times.our leaders dey go mosques on fridays and churches on sundays and see wetin naija dey experience in their hands....

N.B I am a Christian

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by ektbear: 6:08am On Oct 29, 2012
ItsModella: Why not? As long as he has gained my confidence in him being a good leader. Such roles are not based on religion but ethics, after all we have so many corrupt Christians and Muslims in the seat of government.

+1
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by bknight: 6:27am On Oct 29, 2012
Some atheists are even more principled and better behaved than some of us who carry religion on the head undecided

Yes.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Maxwell86(m): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2012
The selling point for anybody seeking public office should be competence/integrity and not religion...
We have been ruled by xtians & muslims for 52yrs with nothing to show but colossal failure and massive corruption.

Does it mean that their religion condones such wickedness ?

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by creativeEngr: 6:31am On Oct 29, 2012
Food for thought. In Nigeria, too many people profess religion with their lips in order to be accepted and 'belong' to society. Their hearts are far away from God!

What impact has religion truly had in leadership and governance? Billions of Naira are wasted yearly on Govt. Sponsored trips to Mecca and Jerusalem, all in the name of religion! In my humble opinion, anyone who desires pilgrimage should be allowed to travel but why should it be at the expense of Govt.?

Its pathetic to see how huge forex is created for other countries via religion, medical bills, foreign trips, education, etc yet nothing is allowed to work in the Country.

If an Atheist will scrap Govt sponsored pilgrimage and other excesses while providing good leadership to make things work, WHY NOT? Its a big yes.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by 2nedo(m): 6:33am On Oct 29, 2012
Logicboy03: grin grin grin

Yes
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by omenziate(m): 6:37am On Oct 29, 2012
With the plethora of thieving christians and Muslims alike, Hell Yeah Fuccking Right.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by ITbomb(m): 6:38am On Oct 29, 2012
Never , I won't even visit a website owned by one.
Is somebody having ambitions for 2015?
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by ibedun: 6:43am On Oct 29, 2012
sorry people of Africa.

i am an atheist till i die and will vote for one.

we need to cast away our ridiculous religious beliefs that has earned us nothing
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by ifeegee(f): 6:47am On Oct 29, 2012
Definitely!I careless about what he/she does with his/her beliefs,but,what they're willing to bring inrespect to good governance.Shekina!
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 29, 2012
Yes.....even the angry, evangelical ones like Logicboy.

Close down any church that is involved in fraud.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by daroz(m): 6:52am On Oct 29, 2012
musKeeto: Religious/Non religious beliefs should not be considered when voting, in my own opinion.

I won't vote him because he's atheist/christian/muslim/traditional, but based on competence and 'trust'....

Although I have to admit, it would be disastrous for a Nigerian politician to make public his non-belief.

What he'll say: I dont believe in God.
What they'll hear: I sleep with the Devil.

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 29, 2012
Hell yeah..as long as the individual is competent.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Amakamax(f): 6:57am On Oct 29, 2012
What of the ones that we voted for in the past, what difference did they make? What did they contribute? Atheist or nt,naija remains d same.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by 50calibre(m): 6:58am On Oct 29, 2012
ugwuchi vincent: wo is an athiest

I can't believe you asked this question. What any sensible person would have done would have been to pick up a dictionary and check or a quick google search.

I weep for my country

3 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by member479760: 7:00am On Oct 29, 2012
will U phuck an atheist when you are in need!
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 29, 2012
dafuq did i just read? undecided undecided
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Cutex01(m): 7:03am On Oct 29, 2012
Nah, i w0uldnt vote an atheist
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 29, 2012
Yeah I will. It's true that all atheist doesn't believe in God but most of them even fear God and respect human race than most Christians smiley
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 29, 2012
No I wouldn't vote for an atheist. They are the devil's people and they lack the type of knowledge the average christian has to rule the nation.

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Wsdm: 7:16am On Oct 29, 2012
As long as he possesses the qualities that brings about good governance. Have our collective lives been any better with those acclaimed Christians and Muslims that have ruled us? What if all the candidates that stands for the election are all atheist? I hope we remove religion from politics.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

•Sun-day Worship, A Christianized Form Of Sun Worship Cult / How Is Religion Not A Form Of Mental Illness At Times? / Checkout What The Bible And Quran Says About Killing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.