Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,463 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? (5271 Views)

An Atheist In Love With A Christian / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2012
HR Manager: Definitely not! For me, christianity is more than a religion. It determines my lifestyle and everything of importance to me. To vote for an athiest would be in direct violation of my beliefs.

angry

Did you put thought into that? So everyone should vote by religion?

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by stankezzy: 11:51am On Oct 29, 2012
mistake we make always is that we do nt know history,check former president of hiti,papa doc .he sacrificed 35thousand human beings to vodoo,you can google. then u tell me that religion does not mather.na lye
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by NoQualms1(f): 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
ITbomb: Never , I won't even visit a website owned by one.
Is somebody having ambitions for 2015?

Oh, I see. But you visit www.nairaland.com. Sorry, I just remembered, Nairaland is a forum not a website..

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by NoQualms1(f): 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
No, I won`t.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Ilaje44(m): 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
semid4lyfe: That's like asking if I'll vote for Wole Soyinka in an election being contested by him, Andy Uba, Dimeji Bankole and Farouk Lawan grin

Soyinka is not an Atheist. He professes Sango and other Yoruba Deities. Solarin on the other hand was a convinced Non-believer.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
No I can't, I'm a muslim but would prefer to vote for a good christian to an atheist, because:
1. Freedom of religion is a fundamental human right, but this right can be denied or "controlled" in an atheistic govt, for e.g in china, we read last ramadan how authorities forced muslims to eat during the day so as not to observe the ramadan fast. Wole Soyinka said he would be happy if religion is taken off the earth. If he is elected president for example, what stops him from demolishing mosques and churches? Does he needs NASS approval? Here is a man who thinks religion is a problem to humanity, in a country where the most religiously minded people of the earth reside.
2. I'll also prefer one who atleast 'believes' there will come a day when he will be held responsible for his evils here on earth. Not one who beleives life ends here, that he will get away with all his evils when he dies. The latter will most likely cheat because he lacks "fear of God" punishment.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Ilaje44(m): 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
Altruist: i will nt lyk 2 vote an atheist because of some fundanmental xracter he might(not) posses.dey r certain moral value dat is needed in leadership dat a 'proper' average christian possese.an atheist dos nt ve any angle,so he acts only base on his intuition nd dat is very risky,nd u all agree wit me dat certain situatn need som1 wit a gud religious value.dats my opinion.

Intuition you say? I doubt! Atheists are guided more by LOGIC rather than irrational intuition. The people that are more likely to act on intuition are the religious people. And do we have examples en mass on Nairaland? Oh yes we do.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
Zarian5: No I can't, I'm a muslim but would prefer to vote for a good christian to an atheist, because:
1. Freedom of religion is a fundamental human right, but this right can be denied or "controlled" in an atheistic govt, for e.g in china, we read last ramadan how authorities forced muslims to eat during the day so as not to observe the ramadan fast. Wole Soyinka said he would be happy if religion is taken off the earth. If he is elected president for example, what stops him from demolishing mosques and churches? Does he needs NASS approval? Here is a man who thinks religion is a problem to humanity, in a country where the most religiously minded people of the earth reside.
2. I'll also prefer one who atleast 'believes' there will come a day when he will be held responsible for his evils here on earth. Not one who beleives life ends here, that he will get away with all his evils when he dies. The latter will most likely cheat because he lacks "fear of God" punishment.

Freedom of religion is not guaranteed under sharia. Hypocrite. Go and try preaching christianity in Saudi Arabi or Iran

Australia has an atheist prime minster. Freedom of religion is still there.

The most peaceful countries in the world are countries with a lot of atheists or where religion is not important. Check out the global peace index

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by tlops(m): 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2012
The office (presidency) is not a religious post, so, it wouldn't matter if he's got the qualification and competence.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Caseless: 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
NO! If my creator(GOD) do not worth your belief and aknowledgement, then, u dont have to rule over me(somebody he created). How can i vote someone who do not believe in God and the day of judgement? He will bring anihilation upon his people cos he believes no after-life or he'd not stand in front of God to account for his deeds. U must believe in something to to lead people who believe in something. And who said he will vote for an atheist who's morally upright? No moralty in politics. Common, the morally upright guys are not in politics not to talk of seeking for your votes.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
caseless: NO! If my creator(GOD) do not worth your belief and aknowledgement, then, u dont have to rule over me(somebody he created). How can i vote someone who do not believe in God and the day of judgement? He will bring anihilation upon his people cos he believes no after-life or he'd not stand in front of God to account for his deeds. U must believe in something to to lead people who believe in something. And who said he will vote for an atheist who's morally upright? No moralty in politics. Common, the morally upright guys are not in politics not to talk of seeking for your votes.

Australia, Uruguay.

2 countries better than Nigeria

2 countries with atheist presidents.

angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Caseless: 7:18am On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Australia, Uruguay.

2 countries better than Nigeria

2 countries with atheist presidents.

angry angry angry
just these 2? I'm sorry atheists stil have a long way to go.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 30, 2012
caseless: just these 2? I'm sorry atheists stil have a long way to go.

Who told you that atheists want to dominate the world?
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by DRPYGRU: 10:17am On Nov 06, 2013
tobechi74: If in an election, your best candidate for the position says he is an atheist.

You had made up your mind to vote for him until you heard the news. Will you go ahead and vote him?
yes!
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
I pity those judging christians. Are u better than the born again christians? All atheist are just ranting in vain
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by TheBigUrban2: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ukuts gp: I pity those judging christians. Are u better than the born again christians? All atheist are just ranting in vain

move to the side.

your born again politicians are worse
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Weah96: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2014
stankezzy: mistake we make always is that we do nt know history,check former president of hiti,papa doc .he sacrificed 35thousand human beings to vodoo,you can google. then u tell me that religion does not mather.na lye

Voodoo is a religion in Haiti, I believe. I'm too lazy to do a 3 second Google search, so I may be speaking out my yansh on this one.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Weah96: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
I have reasons to believe that Obama is an atheist like his father. But only he and Michelle know for a fact. Some of the things he says about religion are things I would have said if I was POTUS. I also believe that Bill Clinton is an atheist. That Rhodes scholarship program is notorious for making atheists out of perfectly good Christians. Hahaha. Besides, even in America, it is political suicide to call yourself an atheist candidate. You not only ruin your chances of getting elected, but the chances of your children too. Coincidentally, everyone knows that a president is usually one of the top 5 best liars in any country at any given time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

•Sun-day Worship, A Christianized Form Of Sun Worship Cult / Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland / Tb Joshua's Church Branch In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.