Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? (5270 Views)

An Atheist In Love With A Christian / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by justsayemma(m): 7:16am On Oct 29, 2012
If he is d best candidate,I wil vote 4 him,even he is into stone worship.we ve bin governd by so-call muslim n xtian,yet they go into power n obey dia true mastaz(d devil)

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by onetrack(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2012
Of course I could vote for an atheist. Politicians that profess how religious they are make me sick.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Wsdm: 7:31am On Oct 29, 2012
inurmind: No I wouldn't vote for an atheist. They are the devil's people and they lack the type of knowledge the average christian has to rule the nation.
............ Which Obassanjo and Jonathan have demonstrated so far!
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Alaafialoro(m): 7:48am On Oct 29, 2012
Capital YES! I m religious but we have not gained anything from our religious but hypocritical leaders. Who knows may be an atheist is the one to bring the much needed changes in Nigeria.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by k2039: 7:53am On Oct 29, 2012
musKeeto: Religious/Non religious beliefs should not be considered when voting, in my own opinion.

I won't vote him because he's atheist/christian/muslim/traditional, but based on competence and 'trust'....

Although I have to admit, it would be disastrous for a Nigerian politician to make public his non-belief.

What he'll say: I dont believe in God.
What they'll hear: I sleep with the Devil.

Forget say you and I no dey see eye to eye when it comes to religion,anyday anytime you have my vote for a political office provided you are not contesting against me.

I beleive in your values and ideals.

Frankly you dont have to be a religious fanatic to have good values and ideals,infact atheist have good value system,they take full responsibility for their aactions(putting the blame on God or others).
They live a principle based life.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by DrGboy(m): 7:53am On Oct 29, 2012
Never!!! angry angry
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2012
Wsdm: ............ Which Obassanjo and Jonathan have demonstrated so far!

Don't u know they are atheists. If jonathan was a christian he wouldn't wear a hat as it is against the principles of christianity.

Also both of them keep on honouring wole soyinka. That is not right. As a theists we must have nothing to do with them. Like I said they are the devil's people.

Whenever they speak on naira land I always get goosebumps, its like I feel the devil in them. So I always hiss and leave immediately. Nonsense people.

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by k2039: 8:00am On Oct 29, 2012
ItsModella: Why not? As long as he has gained my confidence in him being a good leader. Such roles are not based on religion but ethics, after all we have so many corrupt Christians and Muslims in the seat of government.

Your comment makes MAXIMUM sesnse
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:02am On Oct 29, 2012
I would vote the person all over again if he is capable...what have we gained from people we think are believers...
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2012
inurmind:

Don't u know they are atheists. If jonathan was a christian he wouldn't wear a hat as it is against the principles of christianity.

Also both of them keep on honouring wole soyinka. That is not right. As a theists we must have nothing to do with them. Like I said they are the devil's people.

Whenever they speak on naira land I always get goosebumps, its like I feel the devil in them. So I always hiss and leave immediately. Nonsense people.
Lmao..
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by KINGwax(m): 8:04am On Oct 29, 2012
Logicboy03: grin grin grin

Yes
CrazyMan:
Lol...I'm not surprised...
me inclusive
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 29, 2012
so far he dont have the direction of God, am nt gonna vote for him
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2012
I would gladly vote for one..

Atleast he will face the problems we have squarely rather than PRAY and ask the Nation to Pray for devine intervention for every and any issue..

Infact, I think Nigeria needs an Atheist President..

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Alaafialoro(m): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2012
R2bees: so far he dont have the direction of God, am nt gonna vote for him
Direction of God? Like the one OBJ had? Right??
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by leonshom(m): 8:17am On Oct 29, 2012
Let's separate Religion from Politics cuz dey r two different things. Whether an Atheist or Not, what we require is a good and hard working leader !
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:23am On Oct 29, 2012
y not ?

I think they are even the best sef .
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Altruist(m): 8:26am On Oct 29, 2012
i will nt lyk 2 vote an atheist because of some fundanmental xracter he might(not) posses.dey r certain moral value dat is needed in leadership dat a 'proper' average christian possese.an atheist dos nt ve any angle,so he acts only base on his intuition nd dat is very risky,nd u all agree wit me dat certain situatn need som1 wit a gud religious value.dats my opinion.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2012
Altruist: i will nt lyk 2 vote an atheist because of some fundanmental xracter he might(not) posses.dey r certain moral value dat is needed in leadership dat a 'proper' average christian possese.an atheist dos nt ve any angle,so he acts only base on his intuition nd dat is very risky,nd u all agree wit me dat certain situatn need som1 wit a gud religious value.dats my opinion.
Mixing religion with politics is like mixing oil with milk...they never mix...@times I just think religion has caged sompeoples mindset
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by simpleseyi: 8:34am On Oct 29, 2012
inurmind: No I wouldn't vote for an atheist. They are the devil's people and they lack the type of knowledge the average christian has to rule the nation.

I find it difficult to believe that a man/woman that can read, write and use the internet will think this way. Is this person one of tomorrow's leader. Too bad. This perspn will prefer Rev. King or Rev Fr Moses Adasu the ex-governor of Benue state who became richer than the state or OBJ who holds a title at his church, or Sanni Abacha or IBB or Tinubu who are mosque goers.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by simpleseyi: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2012
inurmind:

I find it difficult to believe that a man/woman that can read, write and use the internet will think this way. Is this person one of tomorrow's leader. Too bad. This perspn will prefer Rev. King or Rev Fr Moses Adasu the ex-governor of Benue state who became richer than the state or OBJ who holds a title at his church, or Sanni Abacha or IBB or Tinubu who are mosque goers.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by salam001(m): 8:42am On Oct 29, 2012
are you not an atheist or have you converted?
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Afam4eva(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2012
How does one's religion affect their ability to perform? What have all the Christian and Muslim leader that we've had done apart from looting the treasury.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by oraclefemi(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2012
inurmind:

I SHAKE MY HEAD FOR YOU..YOURE WRITING THIS IN 2012? HAVE YOU BEEN BRAINWASHED TOTALLY TO THE POINT YOU CANT SEE THAT RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS HASNT HELPED NIGERIA SO FAR
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by tunapawizzy: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2012
oH yes i will gladly do...
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Feraz(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2012
Maka why? Definitely! If he has a good record of keeping to his promises and doesn't rub his religious views in anyone's face, also, if he has shown willingness to move the nation forward. At least, those money used to sponsor pilgrimages would be used for other meaningful things; no religious law would be higher than the nation's own law. Anyone using religion to commit crime whether sponsoring it too, would be dealt thoroughly with since he's affiliated to none...so YES!!!!
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by mmsen: 9:35am On Oct 29, 2012
For a man to admit to being an atheist in a nation like Nigeria (or America) during an election would take courage and would thus elevate that person, morally, above the other candidates.

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2012
simpleseyi:

oraclefemi: I SHAKE MY HEAD FOR YOU..YOURE WRITING THIS IN 2012? HAVE YOU BEEN BRAINWASHED TOTALLY TO THE POINT YOU CANT SEE THAT RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS HASNT HELPED NIGERIA SO FAR
salam001: are you not an atheist or have you converted?

Ewo!shocked Sorry guys I honestly did not know this had made front page.
If u frequent the religion section you would know what I meant.

Chai! Sacarsm will not make someone finish my headcheesy
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2012
Dont see an atheist Go into an Election in Nigeria -- We're too Religious to see a Devil in Human Shape! cheesy
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2012
Absolutely yes! What have the so called religious ones done for this Country except put it in the horrible state its in? A capable atheist as a leader is better than thousands of the greedy leaders we've had. We must stop being sentimental and start voting with our heads if we really want things to change. Only a mad man will keep doing the same thing and expect a different result!
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by HRManager2: 11:06am On Oct 29, 2012
Definitely not! For me, christianity is more than a religion. It determines my lifestyle and everything of importance to me. To vote for an athiest would be in direct violation of my beliefs.
Re: Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? by akpanbaba: 11:15am On Oct 29, 2012
I will vote for him if the choice is between an atheist and a muslim.An atheist will find it difficult to throw bombs or kill with knife and gun if he looses the election.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems / ”my Son Saddens Me”—septuagenarian Father Of Gay Pastor / •Sun-day Worship, A Christianized Form Of Sun Worship Cult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.