Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? (5870 Views)

South West Nigeria An Envy Of Other Regions / Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? / I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by cfours: 2:40am On Oct 30, 2012
@OP, I partially agree with you. Yes igbos are no different from other immigrant tribes outside of SE.
but on nairaland, CHEI the picture is very different. I guess it's because people feel ok to run their mouths when they're behind a veil of animosity. But I'll repeat that in real life, I agree, igbos are ok. Many of them (esp. younger ones) even speak yoruba/hausa etc better than they can speak igbo. THey are very assimilated. two of my best friends in naija were igbo there was absolutely no difference between us.

But reading nairaland, one would think that these people eat "igbo kwenu" for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In fact, you would think that they have flag of biafra emblazoned all over their cars and homes. Fortunately, this extreme ethnocentrism mostly only manifests itself online. I don't see that kind of behavior in real life. Because forreal, stay in your damn village if all u want to talk about is ojukwu and calling yorubas and hausas ugly names. Who forced you to migrate? Nobody want to listen to that kind of conceited/ arrogant conversation. and thankfully, it usually doesn't take place in real life. at least they don't dare talk like that to a yoruba/hausa person's face.
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by lagcity(m): 5:46am On Oct 30, 2012
c.fours:
@OP, I partially agree with you. Yes igbos are no different from other immigrant tribes outside of SE.
but on nairaland, CHEI the picture is very different. I guess it's because people feel ok to run their mouths when they're behind a veil of animosity. But I'll repeat that in real life, I agree, igbos are ok. Many of them (esp. younger ones) even speak yoruba/hausa etc better than they can speak igbo. THey are very assimilated. two of my best friends in naija were igbo there was absolutely no difference between us.

But reading nairaland, one would think that these people eat "igbo kwenu" for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In fact, you would think that they have flag of biafra emblazoned all over their cars and homes. Fortunately, this extreme ethnocentrism mostly only manifests itself online. I don't see that kind of behavior in real life. Because forreal, stay in your damn village if all u want to talk about is ojukwu and calling yorubas and hausas ugly names. Who forced you to migrate? Nobody want to listen to that kind of conceited/ arrogant conversation. and thankfully, it usually doesn't take place in real life. at least they don't dare talk like that to a yoruba/hausa person's face.
You r right. They don't mention that biafran crap in your face. Igbo. Very funny ppl. grin na so so chor chor chor like Aba market women.
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by nku5: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2012
I know say its joblessness that drove you insane and congenitally stewpid. How far with your blog? Hope its keeping you from eating your own faeces and semen. Anumpan nwuru anwu

felifeli: Igbos are the descendants of Cain, the first murderer . They are a cursed tribe and until you go and do corporate deliverance you will continue to wander about and be hated . Let me educate you further :

According to the biblical narrative in Genesis 4:1-16, Cain treacherously murdered his brother Abel, lied about the murder to God, and as a result was cursed and marked for life. With the earth left cursed to drink Abel's blood, Cain was no longer able to farm the land.Cain was punished as a "fugitive and wanderer"and Cain suffering from body tremors (severe anger). Interpretations extend Cain's curse to his descendants, where they all died in the Great Deluge (Biafra war ?) as retribution for the loss of Abel's potential offspring.
Source: Wikipedia

In conclusion better for you people to find out the "Abel" that your forefathers murdered and go and do etutu to remove the curse from your head. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by Balkan(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2012
lagcity:
You r right. They don't mention that biafran crap in your face. Igbo. Very funny ppl. grin na so so chor chor chor like Aba market women.

I feel your bewilderment will continue to throw you into more chagrin. The more u look the less you discern. Because you lack wisdom and erudition,
that is why you can open your malodours mouth to spew and disgorge rubbish.

Lagos is an Annex of the state, get that into your drained brain. We are not just talking we are doing it. Lagos you hear everyday is Igbo. All the commerce therein
Is Igbo. It's your bigoted tribe that is in the business of chor chor chor

Anum pam
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by lagcity(m): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
Balkan:

I feel your bewilderment will continue to throw you into more chagrin. The more u look the less you discern. Because you lack wisdom and erudition,

Lagos is an Annex of the state, get that into your drained brain. We are not just talking we are doing it. Lagos you hear everyday is Igbo. All the commerce therein

Anum pam

grin grin grin ok I hear you, this is the chor chor chor I was talking about. U ppl never disappoint.
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by cfours: 3:23am On Oct 31, 2012
Balkan:

Anum pam

what did I say? this fool just confirmed my post.
imagine the igbos were this brazen in real life as they are here on nairaland.
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by bashr8: 4:52am On Oct 31, 2012
c.fours:

he is telling you what you want to hear and what you have already convinced yourself about igbos so why are you shocked. until i hear that igbos are stopping other groups from making money or succeeding wherever they are nobody should complain.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by Balkan(m): 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
c.fours:

Your moniker depicts how morally addled and the state of carrion you are. I told you how dysfunctional and feckless you bigoted tribe is.
Change your ways ortherwise asperity and and acrimony will send you to your grave early.

Do you ever wonder why most Nigerians detaste your tribe?
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by cfours: 3:49am On Nov 02, 2012
^ false.

Yorubas are one of the most loved ethnic tribes in Nigeria. We are social and welcoming. Even abroad, most inter-ethnic venues for Nigerian gathering are organized by yorubas (churches, social orgs, events etc). we welcome other nigerian tribes (igbos, edos, etc), we also embrace other africans.
we are also very proud of our culture and language. smiley

During the South African xenophobia episode, you will note that most of the so called "Nigerians" being killed and deported were of igbo tribe.Same with the murders in the North. In a weird twisted way, you guys take pride in being hated. I don't see the logic in provoking your hosts and celebrating the fact that others hate you, but whatever floats your boat. rotfl

https://www.nairaland.com/935903/yorubas-best-accommodating-strangers-nigeria
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by OneNaira6: 7:06am On Nov 02, 2012
nnenna.1:
One of the recurrent themes in the Igbo-vs-everyone threads that I see here in Nairaland is the point of Igbos living outside the SE in mass numbers and showing off/being unfriendly to their hosts. Another often-commented position in this is that the SE is the most uninhabitable region in all of Nigeria, thus the impression of Igbos running away and leaving their homelands in a backward state.

Reading all of these assertions one would think that:

1. There is no abundance of non-Igbos living in the south-east, living and working in peace, with everyone minding their business.
2. The vast majority of Nigerian regions outside the south-east are far from being remote, rural, and underdeveloped.
3. There are no other Nigerian groups known for their migratory culture.
4. That the SE really is the worst and most uninhabitable region in Nigeria.

I also don't get why Igbos are being shouted down and accused of being unsavory guests. I hardly see evidence of this when Igbos are compared to other Nigerian groups. No, I seriously don't.

What I find interesting here is that expatriates do MUCH MUCH worse than what Igbos are being accused of (in terms of being ungrateful "immigrants" ). As much as this is true (and I can prove it) they are left relatively unscathed in the political heat. What's the deal?

I also find it funny that I am speaking of Igbos as if they are foreigners or something. I thought the whole idea of the events during 1967-1970 was to emphasize greatly that Igbos were Nigerians through and through?

Anytime i see it i always wondered. Sometimes some claim places in their region where few Igbo migrate to as having high Igbo populace. I once had an argument where one claimed there are more Igbo outside of SE than in SE. I busted out laughing, one cause idk how SE got into all the argument and two, who the f2k is living in SE. When i stayed Onitsha, it was densely packed and i wonder who the heck they were if their very few igbo in SE. I just find the whole thing comical, i would have thought SE Igbo would too but maybe una don't. I know for my fam, as Igbo, when they start business anywhere in Nigeria, it's usually cause they think they can easily outdo the indigenous there. It haven't failed yet.
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by aljharem(m): 7:11am On Nov 02, 2012
One_Naira:

Anytime i see it i always wondered. Sometimes some claim places in their region where few Igbo migrate to as having high Igbo populace. [size=18pt]I once had an argument where one claimed there are more Igbo outside of SE than in SE.[/size] I busted out laughing, one cause idk how SE got into all the argument and two, who the f2k is living in SE. When i stayed Onitsha, it was densely packed and i wonder who the heck they were if their very few igbo in SE. I just find the whole thing comical, i would have thought SE Igbo would too but maybe una don't. I know for my fam, as Igbo, when they start business anywhere in Nigeria, it's usually cause they think they can easily outdo the indigenous there. It haven't failed yet.

Yes the person that said that WAS RIGHT.

Given by the claims of ohaneze and the population of the south east, one can argue that the amount of Igbos outside their region searching for greener pastures is twice not just more than the amount of Igbos in the SE. I have facts if you need them.
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by OneNaira6: 7:52am On Nov 02, 2012
alj harem:

Yes the person that said that WAS RIGHT.

Given by the claims of ohaneze and the population of the south east, one can argue that the amount of Igbos outside their region searching for greener pastures is twice not just more than the amount of Igbos in the SE. I have facts if you need them.

Was i talking to this stupid eediot with multiple id that run to every thread about Igbo like a nosey little dog.

Are u in nnenna?

Let me tell you people as someone who know ppl in terms of business especially igbo. Half of fam business partners are SE Igbo. Most Igbo that go to SW and north go their because they have the belief they can easily outdo the indigenous of that land in their land. Which so far has not failed them yet. It has nothing to do with greener pasturners or bs una have been telling una self. Take it from someone whose family have business around east and Midwest, whoSE interacted with others with business all Nigeria, whose seen family, friends, etc close their business in specific areas and once asked why, the reply they give. Who, thanks to NL, started asking family, friends, etc why they have their business here or there. Sometimes i wonder why do you think they easily left during Biafra with zero remorse or thought? Why do you think they plan on leaving once Nigeria seize to exist, unlike some of the sh1t una tell unaselves? Trust me on this, they don't see ur land as a greener anything, they just see it as easy money unlike places like onitsha, enugu, warri, Asaba, akwaibom, etc, etc . That's why i find una comical, maybe that's cause i know the truth thanks to NL Yoruba way of chest beat. If not una, i probably wouldn't have started asking ppl why they have business here or there, etc. Lagos is about the only place i know they go not because of how easy it is to out do the indigenous rather they go there because of the seaport and keep it there because it's too expense to send back down East.

As for the fact, please post them and i actually mean post them. Don't make it your usually i have fact and when asked to provide, you run with with your tails behind your back. I want fact that Igbo living outside of SE and I'll extend to my hometown as well make more money than those living in their actually region. I want fact that the Igbo outside of SE out numbers those living in SE. I want a statement that said that actual wiped. I want actual FACT, not your hearsay, provide them.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by OneNaira6: 8:16am On Nov 02, 2012
c.fours:
^ false.

Yorubas are one of the most loved ethnic tribes in Nigeria. We are social and welcoming. Even abroad, most inter-ethnic venues for Nigerian gathering are organized by yorubas (churches, social orgs, events etc). we welcome other nigerian tribes (igbos, edos, etc), we also embrace other africans.
we are also very proud of our culture and language. smiley

During the South African xenophobia episode, you will note that most of the so called "Nigerians" being killed and deported were of igbo tribe.Same with the murders in the North. In a weird twisted way, you guys take pride in being hated. I don't see the logic in provoking your hosts and celebrating the fact that others hate you, but whatever floats your boat. rotfl

https://www.nairaland.com/935903/yorubas-best-accommodating-strangers-nigeria

Keep telling yourself that if it makes una happy. There are many threads and many argument I've seen in this website by non igbo that says otherwise. I can post them if you want, there is a lot so it wouldn't be a difficult task at all . The only set of ppl i see defending Yoruba sometimes is north and that comes of no surprise. notice even on this thread, the only ppl commenting and mouthing off are predominately Yoruba and one or two north (two peas in a pod) As for the boko haram killings, just case you weren't aware, most ppl killed up north during the corp youth killing majority of the names listed were Yoruba. Wasn't it also the same thing for the bombing in one church, i remember the pastor did a triple jump or something, all i remember some used it as ridicule. wasn't it also the same thing for the Abuja bombing, etc etc. The difference between igbo and Yoruba is that the Igbo are very vocal about it even if they experienced the least casualties in some of the bombing. Was it not una that tried to shut down some of Igbo threads about the bombing by saying, there are more middle belt, hausa, etc killed than igbo. Seriously, u people like switching from one thing to another when it suits una. Secondly, the SA comparison. That's like the dumbest comparison, no offense, of course the casualties is more towards Igbo than Yoruba. There are more Igbo in SA than Yoruba duh. That's like i saying since most Nigerians arrested, locked up, deported and attacked in uk and canada are more Yoruba than Igbo, thus it proves they like igbo more. SMH at how some ppl reason.

As for the aboard statement. Wtf is wrong with you people? Dude don't f2king lie in effort to elude yourself. The nigerian gathering in my area are organized by Igbo which shouldn't come as a surprise since there are more igbos. The same applies to anyother area where so and so are organized by the ethnicity that are highest. Not surprising that in DC, the Yoruba organize most of the gathering since they out number others while in MD, despite being so close to DC, the Igbo organize the gathering since they outnumber others in that city. The same for texas, opposite for atlanta, etc, etc. it won't come as a surprise if hausa or other north organize the gathering in Saudi arabia since they most likely out number others there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BIAFRA : See What Nnamdi Kanu Is Doing In Hong Kong (photos) / Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding / BREAKING: Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Storms Aba [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.