Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,667 members, 7,865,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (118268 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:
Lol..........

Make ona come hear o.....

Italo just indirectly said I should stop reading my bible.......

Because the reading of the bible has suddenly turned into worshipping the bible....

Italo you have no where to hide........

Flee from idolatry... That's what I'm telling you. Don't let Jesus come and meet you worshipping your parents and kneeling and praying to your Bible o.

Stop this idolatry.

How is it that you can give advice but cannot take it?

Where did Jesus tell you to worship the Bible or even to read it? Flee from this idolatry.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2012
Boomark:

what special about catholic? If they are worshipping God then you will talking about them being special. I wonder who will envy idol worshipers.

Did you read page 10 before posting? We are rebuking idol worship my brother.
just like u called joshua in d bible an idol worshipper abi?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:

I said using BEADs in worship is idolatry......

Its like you've not been paying attention......

Isn't your rosary made up of BEADs??.......

No make me talk too much o........grin
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:29am On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:

I said using BEADs in worship is idolatry......

Its like you've not been paying attention......

Isn't your rosary made up of BEADs??.......

No make me talk too much o........grin
did u 4get sumtin? Scriptural proof! Where are they?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:35am On Dec 13, 2012
Boomark:

Am glad you can now see how you have been acting. Accusing people of worshiping their pastors, church fathers and parents as an excuse to keep worshipping idol. That is very childish.
u are accusing sum1 and u are d first crying victim! Now that is childist and a bit of hypocrisy
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:

And I said I don't.....I only read the bible............

You think saying all this would justify your indulgence in idolatry....??.........

Wait until Jesus comes to meet y'all worshipping marys image and using the rosary(prayer beads).....you'll have to tell Jesus if he instituted buddhism or christianity.....

Rubbish!!!!!.........
hahahahaha, mr italo don turn d table, d early part of thread ijawkid dey shout "flee" italo say "i no get any idol" now italo say "flee" ijawkid say "i dont worship it". D same accusation u threw has been thrown back to ya.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahahahaha, mr italo don turn d table, d early part of thread ijawkid dey shout "flee" italo say "i no get any idol" now italo say "flee" ijawkid say "i dont worship it". D same accusation u threw has been thrown back to ya.

Italo did nothing but spew rubbish......

He said ""reading the bible"" means worshipping the bible.....meaning Jesus who read from the book of the law also worshipped the bible.......

You dey see how yeye your colleagues(italos) conclusion is??........

You both should go hide your heads in shame for engaging in arrant idolatry......
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2012
italo:

Flee from idolatry... That's what I'm telling you. Don't let Jesus come and meet you worshipping your parents and kneeling and praying to your Bible o.

Stop this idolatry.

How is it that you can give advice but cannot take it?

Where did Jesus tell you to worship the Bible or even to read it? Flee from this idolatry.

So I shouldn't read the scriptures anymore.?? Abi??.....Jesus read from Gods law,and I'm imitating him.........for you to say people who read the scriptures worship it shows how much of an olodo you have become...

E be like too much idolatry dey pain your head.......you need to rest a bit.........
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ijawkid(m): 10:55am On Dec 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: did u 4get sumtin? Scriptural proof! Where are they?

Its all over the scriptures that we should flee from idolatry and paganism.....abi you want make I open scriptures for you again??.....eh??
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 11:06am On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:

He said ""reading the bible"" means worshipping the bible.....meaning Jesus who read from the book of the law also worshipped the bible.......

You both should go hide your heads in shame for engaging in arrant idolatry......

My friend, all I'm telling you is to worship the almighty God alone. Don't bow to your parents and worship them. Don't have them pray for you, go to God directly. Don't kneel to your Bible and pray to it. It is not God.

Flee from this idolatry!

Ijawkid, don't say I didn't warn you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:

Jesus didnt exact read d bible man! He read scriptures, no bible existed in his time! Oops!!! And Jesus didnt kneel and pray b4 a bible, so says italo
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
italo:

My friend, all I'm telling you is to worship the almighty God alone. Don't bow to your parents and worship them. Don't have them pray for you, go to God directly. Don't kneel to your Bible and pray to it. It is not God.

Flee from this idolatry!

Ijawkid, don't say I didn't warn you.
yeah warn am well well from bibolatry and parenlatry. Hahaha. Una no go kill me jor!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: just like u called joshua in d bible an idol worshipper abi?

That is too cheap to make me a scapegoat. Joshua lay on his face and never worshipped an idol.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 7:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: u are accusing sum1 and u are d first crying victim! Now that is childist and a bit of hypocrisy

Don't you see italo is being childish by repeating "stop worshipping your bible" everywhere? Is it because you Guys don't read your bible then other wount read. Don't you know the apostles encouraged reading and meditating on the word of God written in the bible?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
Boomark:

Don't you see italo is being childish by repeating "stop worshipping your bible" everywhere? Is it because you Guys don't read your bible then other wount read. Don't you know the apostles encouraged reading and meditating on the word of God written in the bible?

The Apostles never even mentioned the word "Bible." They never knelt to it and prayed to it. Stop lying and stop idolatry.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2012
Boomark:

d exact same way u have been screaming "stop worshipping...", i dont see d difference btw ur accusation and his!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:33am On Dec 14, 2012
Boomark:

That is too cheap to make me a scapegoat. Joshua lay on his face and never worshipped an idol.
hahaha, earlier u said joshua worshipped an idol now u are saying he didnt!
So joshua lay on his face b4 a graven image but didnt worship abi? But if a catholic ever lay on his face b4 any picture or image, it will become idolatry? Do i smell hypocrisy?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 9:45am On Dec 14, 2012
italo:

The Apostles never even mentioned the word "Bible." They never knelt to it and prayed to it. Stop lying and stop idolatry.

If i stop kneeling before the bible will you stop worshipping idol?

Its a simple question to you, ubenedictus and other catholics. Let see those deluded by the quote below and would not want to repent because they believe a lie.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
New International Version (NIV)
9 The coming of the lawless
one
will be in accordance with how
Satan works. He will use all
sorts of
displays of power through signs
and wonders that serve the lie,
10 and all the ways that
wickedness deceives those who
are
perishing. They perish because
they
refused to love the truth and so
be
saved. 11 For this reason God
sends
them a powerful delusion so
that
they will believe the lie 12 and
so
that all will be condemned who
have not believed the truth but
have delighted in wickedness.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
Boomark:
If i stop kneeling before the bible will you stop worshipping idol?

I don't worship idol, so whether you stop worshipping the Bible and your parents or not, it has no bearing on me and my salvation.

Besides, you will have to first admit that you have been worshipping the Bible, your parents and your bed etc before you can tell me that you have stopped it. You can't stop doing what you were not doing.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2012
italo:

I don't worship idol, so whether you stop worshipping the Bible and your parents or not, it has no bearing on me and my salvation.

Besides, you will have to first admit that you have been worshipping the Bible, your parents and your bed etc before you can tell me that you have stopped it. You can't stop doing what you were not doing.

So if i first admit then you will second admit? Read and meditate on the bible quote above. Delusion has captured you people. Even satan can lie that he is not lying. Gods word made it clear.

Do not mage image of any thing be it Mary, Jesus, lucifer etc and bow to it. You can't make images of people which aid you to worship God and tell God you made no image.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2012
Boomark:
So if i first admit then you will second admit?

Get an English teacher.

Boomark: Do not mage image of any thing be it Mary, Jesus, lucifer etc and bow to it. You can't make images of people which aid you to worship God and tell God you made no image.

You can't worship your parents and tell God you worshipped no one else.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 11:18am On Dec 16, 2012
italo:

Get an English teacher.
You can't worship your parents and tell God you worshipped no one else.

Exodus 20:4-5
4 “You shall not make for yourself an
image in the form of anything in
heaven above or on the earth
beneath or in the waters below.
5 You shall not bow down to them
or worship them; for I, the LORD
your God, am a jealous God,
punishing the children for the sin of
the parents to the third and fourth
generation of those who hate me,

Acts 17:29-30
English Standard Version
(©2001)
Being then God’s
offspring, we ought not to
think that the divine
being is like gold or silver
or stone, an image formed
by the art and
imagination of man.

catholics make supposed images of Christ and Mary. They kneel, bow and kiss it while making their prayers. These images are of things that are likely to be in heaven, earth or underneath. This is a clear disobedient to God according to exodus because He said "do not make them or bow to them".

These images are made with stone, bronze etc and are made according to how men imagine the divine ones should look like. That is why the have varying images of the same person. A crystal clear disobedient to God.

With this i can comfortably say that catholics worship idol.

So tell me where it is written "do not worship your parents" and also teach us what it means to worship ones parents. I hope there will be no childish acts. Teach.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Olabode05: 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
Exodus 25:18 'and you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy seat' and verse 22 says'and there i will meet with you and i will speak with you...' so from above you can see that God is not against making image of holy people like angels and saints and adoring him through them,because when you adore him through this holy people you are indeed adoring God the source of all holiness
God is only against bowing down to trees,rocks,rivers etc

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2012
italo:

Have you read the earlier part of the thread and you didn't find me bringing Bible verses to back up my assertions, or you just feel like saying anything you like?

Sincerely, the name (Jesus) that you bow to... Is it really the name of our Lord and saviour?

Is it what the Angel told Mary would be his name? Did someone hear the Angel say "Jesus" or did the Angel say "Yehoshua" or "Yeshua"? Did the Angel speak English to Mary or did he speak Aramaic? Same goes for God and the Holy Spirit.

How does this analogy answered my questions now ...... How does it fit.....

There re this catholic kids in my house, everyday by evening, the bow to the picture and carved images of mary ........

When did God asked us to be bowing 2 IMAGES .......?

As for the name, jesus was called Emanuel,muslims call him ISA,God in English,Allah in Arabic,Chineke in Igbo,Oluwa in Yoruba,Oba ngiji in Hausa......... All is refering to same God......

How does varieties in name of God/jesus justified bowing down 2 ''asumed carved images of mary'' ....... Is that how Jesus did it

''My holy mother pray 4 me'' did jesus pray/worship God that way ?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 7:54pm On Dec 16, 2012
Olabode05: Exodus 25:18 'and you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy seat' and verse 22 says'and there i will meet with you and i will speak with you...' so from above you can see that God is not against making image of holy people like angels and saints and adoring him through them,because when you adore him through this holy people you are indeed adoring God the source of all holiness
God is only against bowing down to trees,rocks,rivers etc

Na wa o!

Don't you see that God COMMANDED and SUPERVISED the making of the cherubs(ark), v9. Because if the israelites were left alone, lucifer who was a former Cherub would hijack it to get worship to himself by turning the imagination of the sculptor to himself.

2 Kings 18:4
New International Version (NIV)
4 He removed the high places,
smashed the sacred stones and cut
down the Asherah poles. He broke
into pieces the bronze snake Moses
had made, for up to that time the
Israelites had been burning incense
to it. (It was called Nehushtan)

God commanded Moses to make the bronze snake for a purpose but when they start offering incense, it became an idol. Note that God commanded the making of it. With the same mindset you have now, they too think they are worshipping God through it. They worship idol pure.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vickyO(f): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2012
well, i understand that it is pretty hard for one take in the fact that what he or she believes is right is being declared wrong by another. Making images whatsoever for the sake of worship is absolutely wrong,christians are to worship in spirit and in truth (The Scriptures says so), not by using some images as mediums to reach out to God (which is nothing but a carnal and perverted way of worship). if we worship or bow to images, what then distinguishes Christianity from other religion? Bowing to images is a sin and will remain one whether y'all like it or not.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:59am On Jan 14, 2013
vickyO: well, i understand that it is pretty hard for one take in the fact that what he or she believes is right is being declared wrong by another. Making images whatsoever for the sake of worship is absolutely wrong,christians are to worship in spirit and in truth (The Scriptures says so), not by using some images as mediums to reach out to God (which is nothing but a carnal and perverted way of worship). if we worship or bow to images, what then distinguishes Christianity from other religion? Bowing to images is a sin and will remain one whether y'all like it or not.
u are entitled to ur opinion as i am to mine. Happy new year.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 5:40am On Jan 14, 2013
Boomark:

Exodus 20:4-5
4 “You shall not make for yourself an
image in the form of anything in
heaven above or on the earth
beneath or in the waters below.
5 You shall not bow down to them
or worship them; for I, the LORD
your God, am a jealous God,
punishing the children for the sin of
the parents to the third and fourth
generation of those who hate me,

Acts 17:29-30
English Standard Version
(©2001)
Being then God’s
offspring, we ought not to
think that the divine
being is like gold or silver
or stone, an image formed
by the art and
imagination of man.

catholics make supposed images of Christ and Mary. They kneel, bow and kiss it while making their prayers. These images are of things that are likely to be in heaven, earth or underneath. This is a clear disobedient to God according to exodus because He said "do not make them or bow to them".

These images are made with stone, bronze etc and are made according to how men imagine the divine ones should look like. That is why the have varying images of the same person. A crystal clear disobedient to God.

With these i can comfortably say that catholics worship idol.

So tell me where it is written "do not worship your parents" and also teach us what it means to worship ones parents. I hope there will be no childish acts. Teach.

^^ grin

Welcome back italo and ubenedictus.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by FXKing2012(m): 7:00am On Jan 14, 2013
Bowing to any statue is demonic as shown in the holy Bible.

Lev 26:1 - “You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the Lord your God.

Exodus 20:4-5 - You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me.

So desist from bowing down to statues cos it's demonic and leads to hell.

Also praying to Mary is wrong: For there is one God, and there is one
mediator between God and men, the
man Christ Jesus (1 Tim. 2:5)
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:23am On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012: Bowing to any statue is demonic as shown in the holy Bible.

Lev 26:1 - “You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the Lord your God.

Exodus 20:4-5 - You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me.

So desist from bowing down to statues cos it's demonic and leads to hell.

Also praying to Mary is wrong: For there is one God, and there is one
mediator between God and men, the
man Christ Jesus (1 Tim. 2:5)
seriously? u brought a dead goat to b flogged. dis whole tin was discussed last year
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 8:17am On Jan 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: seriously? u brought a dead goat to b flogged. dis whole tin was discussed last year

Are talking about a deluded goat? The truth is now clear to you. It will be a last year discussion to you if you have changed.

But as for other catholics that are still into it, those that think they are seriously worshipping God, they need to see my explanations above and repent from that sin.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Boomark:

Are talking about a deluded goat? The truth is now clear to you. It will be a last year discussion to you if you have changed.

But as for other catholics that are still into it, those that think they are seriously worshipping God, they need to see my explanations above and repent from that sin.
interestingly d catechism of d cath church condemns idolatry, but not veneration. I dont practice idolatry, neva have, neva will.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (83) (Reply)

Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion / Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying / Dunamis Glory Sanctuary, The Lord’s Garden Abuja, The World's Biggest Auditorium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.