Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,963 members, 7,863,423 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (118144 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

There are no insinuations of Mary as the gate . You are the one that asserted it's Mary that's the gate .
Jesus passed through her to earth. That's gate, it's not rocket science.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

Go ahead.
I have a brain....very active one thank you Lord Jesus Christ
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
vooks:

It is meaningless because he is narrating it LONG after he got 12. Ayoku777 won't tell you he met his dad when he was 12 while he is 11

Been there and done that bro.

Prove the following;
1. Mary is in heaven
2. Mary was sinless
3. Mary was a perpetual virgin

Ez 44:2
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ayoku777(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

Exactly the reason why Jesus was called the first born. And he is the first born.

It is not obvious interpretation sir. It is the interpretation you want it to be. Now, when you forget that the passage was not originally written in English language.

You didn't see your father UNTIL you were twelve? This does not automatically mean that you did see him after you turned twelve. It's debatable.

The interpretation is obvious and clear. It is only vague to someone who wishes it could mean something else.

And this has nothing to do with english or greek or aramaic interpretation.

The word translated "until" in that verse is the greek word "heos" which is a conjunction -a word that denotes demarcation, where something stops or where something starts.

Let me give you another passage of where "heos" was used.

Matthew 2v14 -When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

15  And was there UNTIL (heos) the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

You see the word again. Here it said Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus where in Egypt UNTIL the death of Herod. Which means after Herod died they left Egypt.

And that was exactly what happened. Check this out;

Matthew 2v19 -But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,

20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life

So, the statement that Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus where in Egypt UNTIL the death of Herod means after Herod died they left Egypt.

And that is the context also in which the earlier statement should be interpreted.

That Joseph did not have sexual relations with Mary UNTIL Jesus was born means after Jesus was born they had sexual relations.

I honestly don't believe we are going to this lenght to prove a simple scriptural statement that has a very direct obvious usage in the Word.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:
Neither is it rocket science that men passed through North and South gate. Who are these two women/gates
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

Ez 44:2
Circular reasoning dmandy
Ezekiel 44:2 is Mary because Mary is Ezekiel 44:2
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

The correct question should read "Why did Jesus pass through this particular gate?" and I am sure you know whom to direct that to.

Sir Vooks , the verses below wickedly shatter his claims that Mary is the gate

Ezekiel 46:1-3

1 “Thus says the Lord God: The gate of the inner court that faces east shall be shut on the six working days, but on the Sabbath day it shall be opened, and on the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

2 The prince shall enter by the vestibule of the gate from outside, and shall take his stand by the post of the gate. The priests shall offer his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate. Then he shall go out, but the gate shall not be shut until evening.

3 The people of the land shall bow down at the entrance of that gate before the Lord on the Sabbaths and on the new moons.

It looks like this Catholic guys took verse 3 and claims it implies honoring Mary who is the gate .

Total hogwash !
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
vooks:

Neither is it rocket science that men passed through North and South gate. Who are these two women/gates

Jesus passed through one... of all the virgins, God chose her. Why don't you question God on that?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
vooks:

Circular reasoning dmandy
Ezekiel 44:2 is Mary because Mary is Ezekiel 44:2

No, the gate is Mary because Jesus passed through her. Unless you are saying Jesus did not pass through her to earth.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

Its the millennial rule ! For Christ's sake grin . Learn something new and discard your nonsensical beliefs

Ezekiel 46 : 1-3 even made Ezekiel 44 : 1-3 clearer . You can't you see that ?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

Jesus passed through one... of all the virgins, God chose her. Why don't you question God on that?

You tried to shift the burden of proof on me and now God? I can't ask God to substantiate your wild claims
The temple has 3 gates. One gate is Mary, the rest are.......?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

No, the gate is Mary because Jesus passed through her. Unless you are saying Jesus did not pass through her to earth.
And the other worshippers who passed through the Northern and Southern gates/women are?

Has it occurred to you that BOTH the inside and outside of the gate and temple were on earth?

Let us dissect your logic

1. Jesus came to earth through Mary
2. The Lord went to the temple through the East gate

Conclusion
Mary is the East gate!

Further conclusions
-The temple is the earth!
-Men coming through the Northern and Southern gates are human beings being born!

Further questions
Where are these men coming from?
And where are they going to?
And who are these women/gates?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
ayoku777:

The interpretation is obvious and clear. It is only vague to someone who wishes it could mean something else.

And this has nothing to do with english or greek or aramaic interpretation.

The word translated "until" in that verse is the greek word "heos" which is a conjunction -a word that denotes demarcation, where something stops or where something starts.

Let me give you another passage of where "heos" was used.

Matthew 2v14 -When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

15  And was there UNTIL (heos) the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

You see the word again. Here it said Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus where in Egypt UNTIL the death of Herod. Which means after Herod died they left Egypt.

And that was exactly what happened. Check this out;

Matthew 2v19 -But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,

20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life

So, the statement that Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus where in Egypt UNTIL the death of Herod means after Herod died they left Egypt.

And that is the context also in which the earlier statement should be interpreted.

That Joseph did not have sexual relations with Mary UNTIL Jesus was born means after Jesus was born they had sexual relations.

I honestly don't believe we are going to this lenght to prove a simple scriptural statement that has a very direct obvious usage in the Word.

Shalom

Shalom.

Deuteronomy 29:3/4 But until [heos] today Yahweh has not given you a heart to understand, eye to see, or ears to hear (NJB). Did Yahwey give them heart to understand after that day?

2 Samuel 6:23 And until [heos] the day of her death, Michal, daughter of Saul, had no children (NJB). This passage does not mean that Saul's daughter had children after her death.
Proberbly, they had children after she died.

John 9:18 Now the Jews did not believe that he had been blind and gained his sight until [heos] they summonsed the parents of the one who had gained his sight. Did they believe after calling the man's parent?

1 Timothy 4:13 Until [heos] I arrive, attend to the reading, exhortation, and teaching.
Was Paul expecting Timothy to stop reading after he arrived.

The main issue here is that the word 'until' 'heos' does not automatically translate that the opposite event took place after the termination of the until.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
vooks:

And the other worshippers who passed through the Northern and Southern gates/women are?

Has it occurred to you that BOTH the inside and outside of the gate and temple were on earth?

Let us dissect your logic

1. Jesus came to earth through Mary
2. The Lord went to the temple through the East gate

Conclusion
Mary is the East gate!

Further conclusions
-The temple is the earth!
-Men coming through the Northern and Southern gates are human beings being born!

Further questions
Where are these men coming from?
And where are they going to?
And who are these women/gates?

Your conclusions or mine?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
vooks:

You tried to shift the burden of proof on me and now God? I can't ask God to substantiate your wild claims
The temple has 3 gates. One gate is Mary, the rest are.......?
Ask him why he chose Mary instead of you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

Your conclusions or mine?
You are the one throwing around Ezekiel as proof of Mary's perpetual virginity. These are your conclusion
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

Its the millennial rule ! For Christ's sake grin . Learn something new and discard your nonsensical beliefs

Ezekiel 46 : 1-3 even made Ezekiel 44 : 1-3 clearer . You can't you see that ?
Millennial or perennial, Jesus passed through.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:
Ask him why he chose Mary instead of you.
I have no problem with Mary's choice, but with your baseless claims of
1. Mary is in heaven
2. Mary was a perpetual virgin
3. Mary was sinless

You cling to what you can't substantiate. Is there a better definition of blindness?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
vooks:

You are the one throwing around Ezekiel as proof of Mary's perpetual virginity. These are your conclusion

Sir,

Those are yours. the biblical conclusion is that the lord has passed through therefore it shall remain shut to every other person. Millennial or Perennial, I don't know.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ayoku777(m): 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

Shalom.

Deuteronomy 29:3/4 But until [heos] today Yahweh has not given you a heart to understand, eye to see, or ears to hear (NJB). Did Yahwey give them heart to understand after that day?

2 Samuel 6:23 And until [heos] the day of her death, Michal, daughter of Saul, had no children (NJB). This passage does not mean that Saul's daughter had children after her death.
Proberbly, they had children after she died.

John 9:18 Now the Jews did not believe that he had been blind and gained his sight until [heos] they summonsed the parents of the one who had gained his sight. Did they believe after calling the man's parent?

1 Timothy 4:13 Until [heos] I arrive, attend to the reading, exhortation, and teaching.
Was Paul expecting Timothy to stop reading after he arrived.

The main issue here is that the word 'until' 'heos' does not automatically translate that the opposite event took place after the termination of the until.

Since every opinion is debatable to you. Let me see the scriptures that you use to imply that Mary was a perpetual virgin.

Let me have those scriptures, and the intepretations that tended to that assumption.

Shalom
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:
How does that make Mary a sinless perpetual virgin who art in heaven?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
vooks:

I have no problem with Mary's choice, but with your baseless claims of
1. Mary is in heaven
2. Mary was a perpetual virgin
3. Mary was sinless

You cling to what you can't substantiate. Is there a better definition of blindness?
Blindness is when you see Ez 44:2 and you are still seeking for proof
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

What does the prince in v3 of Ezekiel 44 symbolize then ?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
vooks:

How does that make Mary a sinless perpetual virgin who art in heaven?

It made her a perpetual virgin. QED

Your business if you believe she is full of sin and in heaven. I don't care.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

Sir,

Those are yours. the biblical conclusion is that the lord has passed through therefore it shall remain shut to every other person. Millennial or Perennial, I don't know.
What has Ezekiel got to do with Mary?
What are the Northern and Southern gates?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

It made her a perpetual virgin. QED
Circular reasoning incarnate.
So the other two gates are women too who delivered many?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
vooks:

What has Ezekiel got to do with Mary?
What are the Northern and Southern gates?

There was a reason why the lord chose only the eastern one.[sup][/sup]
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
vooks:

Circular reasoning incarnate.
So the other two gates are women too who delivered many?

Use your head there, its not a crime.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by KingEbukaNaija: 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

Blindness is when you see Ez 44:2 and you are still seeking for proof

Ok then explain Ez 46 : 1-3 which was referring to the same Mary , the supposed gate ?

1 “Thus says the Lord God: The gate of the inner court that faces east shall be shut on the six working days, but on the Sabbath day it shall be opened, and on the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

2 The prince shall enter by the vestibule of the gate from outside, and shall take his stand by the post of the gate. The priests shall offer his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate. Then he shall go out, but the gate shall not be shut until evening.

3 The people of the land shall bow down at the entrance of that gate before the Lord on the Sabbaths and on the new moons.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

There was a reason why the lord chose only the eastern one.[sup][/sup]
And the other two were two other women CHOSEN to convey men into earth, right?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

Ok then explain Ez 46 : 1-3 which was referring to the same Mary , the supposed gate ?

A different gate, Sir.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
dmandy:

Use your head there, its not a crime.
Lord passing through and the gate being shut is Jesus birth and perpetual virginity.
Gates opened and men passing through is men born to tow other women

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (83) (Reply)

Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion / Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying / Dunamis Glory Sanctuary, The Lord’s Garden Abuja, The World's Biggest Auditorium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.