Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,469 members, 7,850,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar (1172 Views)

Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today / Solomon Lar Is Dead / Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by Germannig: 12:13pm On Jan 28, 2008
You were one of the leaders of G-34 that fought for return of democracy. Is the group dead?

Lar: G 34 is still very strong. It is still there. You see there again there are issues that make you feel bad when you recall all that happened.

For instance, I feel guilty for a man like Dr. Alex Ekwueme who was the national chairman of G 34, I was his deputy, he was also the interim National Chairman of PDP but yet we did not support him we did not give him this position (presidential ticket).

Many people thought he could have been given the position but because of this peculiar Yoruba position of June 12, this had to be abandoned. G34 is still there. Dr. Alex Ekwueme is still there, he is a very god man, wonderful gentleman, I like him. With the benefit of hindsight, we feel sorry that we did not support him to become president.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5256&Itemid=0
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2008
People like Lar should not be allowed to talk. He is selfish and self serving, worse than Obasanjo. he is greedy, so greedy it beats human imagination. I am from Jos, I know, He should keep his regrets to himself. All He cares about is money. Because of monthly bags of rice he sold Plateau into Slavery for eight years, now Dariye is in the dock, he is looking for ays to suck up to the new governor.
The dirty old man should shut his trap
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by gbolah1(m): 2:06pm On Jan 28, 2008
They are same of the same,

Am sure if Lar is in position of OBJ is own will be more worst than OBJ

He just want to be relevant in peoples mind that's why is says all that
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by oldie(m): 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2008
Politics of convenience
Politics of the stomach!
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by ndubest(m): 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2008
Too little too late sad sad sad
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by naijaking1: 4:26am On Jan 31, 2008
Retrospective analysis remain important tool for prospective studies.

If he is candid, then Nigerians ought to hear from him, at least for the history's sake.
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by folahann(m): 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2008
If he had become the president at that time, may be today we'll be regreting not giving it to Obasanjo
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by fatherab1: 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2008
From antecedents, Solomon Lar and Alex Ekweme had track records of integrity, as Plateau governor and Vee Pee respectively. In all respect, such people should NEVER be likened 2 General obasanjo in Nairaland or Naijaland!
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by naijaking1: 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2008
folahann:

If he had become the president at that time, may be today we'll be regreting not giving it to Obasanjo

OBJ had his chance at the helm, its only in 'unusual' circumstances like naija would he ever have been given a second chance, and yet he failed to distinguish himself as a leader.
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by toshmann(m): 1:15am On Feb 01, 2008
solomon lar should shut up immediately. these are the "later day saints" of a dynasty of corruption. what does he want us to say? oh dear solomon, it's okay, we understand, never mind, next time it'll be fine. nonsense.

next pls
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 01, 2008
father ab:

From antecedents, Solomon Lar and Alex Ekweme had track records of integrity, as Plateau governor and Vee Pee respectively. In all respect, such people should NEVER be likened 2 General obasanjo in Nairaland or Naijaland!
Do you have any idea what you are saying? I am from Plateau State and I can tell you first hand information that Solomon Lar and Intergrity, those are two words that dont mix, like water and Palm oil.
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by Soundmind(m): 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2008
If u made a mistake in 1999 what of 2003? You repeated the same mistake? I pity you. Are you asking for appology of you are seeking for public sympathy.?

May be you fell out of favour with OBJ and you now remember Ekwueme. It is too late. Hold it to yourself.
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by fatherab1: 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2008
aisha2:

Do you have any idea what you are saying? I am from Plateau State and I can tell you first hand information that Solomon Lar and Intergrity, those are two words that don't mix, like water and Palm oil.

Dear aisha, you are not the only one from plateau, I am not from there but have resided there and I know that when you rate Solomon Lar on the integrity scale which today's politicians fall short of, u will realize that he relatively has some measure of integrity. Any way sha, I am not defending anyone,
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 05, 2008
father ab:

Dear aisha, you are not the only one from plateau, I am not from there but have resided there and I know that when you rate Solomon Lar on the integrity scale which today's politicians fall short of, u will realize that he relatively has some measure of integrity. Any way sha, I am not defending anyone,
On a scale of 1-10 i will rate solomon Lar on the intergrity scale -6. He simply does not have a shread of it, he is the defination of greed and Any Government in Power, if Solomon Lar falls out with a person its likely because he has refused to grease his palms. He Dariye for eight years hile he plundered and destroyed the State, Now Jang is Governor, he made Rimi organise a reconcilatory meeting for them and pledge support to Jang. The same Jang he had been insulting and rigged out twice?
Thank God you are not defending anyone
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by 4Him(m): 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2008
the man shld be called Solomon Liar
Re: We Totally Regret Not Supporting Ekwueme In 1999-solomon Lar by fatherab1: 10:57am On Feb 06, 2008
4Him:

the man shld be called Solomon Liar

I dont understand oo. He's already cald dat name

@aisha2,
How can u rate a man 60% and still call him a definition of greed or whatever? U surprise me sha.
I like ur contributions wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink More from uuu

(1) (Reply)

London Games: HOW BRITISH BANKS HELPED ABACHA AND FAMILY TO LAUNDER $1.3 BILLION / Nigerian Authorities Intercept Imported Container Full Of Deadly Pests. / Uk-based Nigerians Plan To Embarrass Obasanjo In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.