Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays (2867 Views)

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Official Translation Of The Interview With Pope Francis On Gays / Are Hurricanes Signs Of End Times? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2012

It was only a matter of time before some religious zealot declared with absolute certainty that Hurricane Sandy was God acting out his wrath for some combination of homosexuality, drugs, the Obama presidency, or masturbation.

Outspoken anti-gay preacher John McTernan decided to fill that role, taking to his blog on Sunday to link the incoming hurricane to homosexuals run rampant, and the two presidential candidates and their “pro-homosexual” agendas.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/anti-gay-preacher-blames-hurricane-sandy-on-homosexuality-and-same-sex-marriage/
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Areaboy2(m): 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
I wonder how dumb some of these guys can be!!

Well, it wouldn't be unusual for ywhw! His approval rating is at an all time low so a hurricane will do the trick for him

We have a population crises already, we really could use a couple of homo to be honest. Word population at ww2 2 billion, word population today 7 billion. At least the gays are doing something about it grin

1 Like

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
Area_boy: I wonder how dumb some of these guys can be!!

Well, it wouldn't be unusual for ywhw! His approval rating is at an all time low so a hurricane will do the trick for him

We have a population crises already, we really could use a couple of homo to be honest. Word population at ww2 2 billion, word population today 7 billion. At least the gays are doing something about it grin

These fundamentalist christians are the ones that are destructive to society with their crazy theories

1 Like

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Areaboy2(m): 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
And they have daddy big boss ywhw to back them.

I vote we kill ywhw grin
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
Its just a matter of time. Yhwh will be killed same way Zeus was killed...

Ppl will find better gods. I doubt everyone will be atheist or agnostic. Some ppl can't do without an Igwe.

1 Like

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Areaboy2(m): 10:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
musKeeto: Its just a matter of time. Yhwh will be killed same way Zeus was killed...

Ppl will find better gods. I doubt everyone will be atheist or agnostic. Some ppl can't do without an Igwe.

lol.. maybe not the same way Kratos fcked zeus up, but every god has a limited life span. So much for being a dog god
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
Area_boy:

lol.. maybe not the same way Kratos fcked zeus up, but every god has a limited life span. So much for being a dog god
Lol @ Kratos... I hope Samson resurrects.. He's the closest the Israelite myth got to offer that could compete with Kratos. I'd wager he'd beat kratos though..
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol @ Kratos... I hope Samson resurrects.. He's the closest the Israelite myth got to offer that could compete with Kratos. I'd wager he'd beat kratos though..

Kratos is bald and yet he was the god of war. Imagine if he had Samsons hair.

Okay, on topic, why are christians obsessed with homosexuality?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hey guys,
dont blame these lame brains. How else would they rationalise why Yahweh is missing in action to save his children(the good ones) from the powerful forces of nature?. They have to let Yahweh off the hook, by hook or crook. lol

It is for the same reason That the ancient Israelites could not understand why Yahweh was impotent and allowed the Babylonians to invade Israel, destroy his temple , and then carry them into captivity in the 6th century BC.
The priests and Prophets simply rationaliised that it happened because Yahweh commanded King Neduchadnezzar of Babylon to do so, even though we know that Nebuchadnezzar was a servant of the Babylonian God NEBU.

So you can see that Yahwehist are not new to this game.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
plaetton: Hey guys,
dont blame these lame brains. How else would they rationalise why Yahweh is missing in action to save his children(the good ones) from the powerful forces of nature?. They have to let Yahweh off the hook, by hook or crook. lol

It is for the same reason That the ancient Israelites could not understand why Yahweh was impotent and allowed the Babylonians to invade Israel, destroy his temple , and then carry them into captivity in the 6th century BC.
The priests and Prophets simply rationaliised that it happened because Yahweh commanded King Neduchadnezzar of Babylon to do so, even though we know that Nebuchadnezzar was a servant of the Babylonian God NEBU.

So you can see that Yahwehist are not new to this game.

LMAO.....Is that the tactic? Blame someone else for Yaweh's mess-ups?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by wiegraf: 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

LMAO.....Is that the tactic? Blame someone else for Yaweh's mess-ups?

Through all of their history
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2012
wiegraf:

Through all of their history

Its very sad.

Such tactics are so rampant that this is a common tactic by many preachers. Lemme post other pastors that have said similar things.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 12:47am On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

[img]http://www.edgeftlauderdale.com/display/viewimage_story.php?id=123771&maxwidth=243[/img]

Gays caused haiti earhquake

http://www.blogster.com/greatgayauthor/omg-gays-caused-the-earthquake-again-lol

This one is a certified nut, a very evil one. Any god that has this nut as his apostle does not deserve any respect, let alone worship.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 30, 2012
plaetton:

This one is a certified nut, a very evil one. Any god that has this nut as his apostle does not deserve any respect, let alone worship.

Na today? Christianity is run by nutjobs. Here is another guy;

[img]http://www.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1082159!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_370/image.jpg[/img]

Gay-bashing pastor talked 'hanging' homosexuals

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-05-23/news/31829587_1_youtube-video-homosexuals-pastor
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by UyiIredia(m): 2:04am On Oct 30, 2012
I think the pastor is pretty silly for saying that. How can gays be the cause of a hurricane ? Speaking when God hasn't said anything.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 30, 2012
Just watched a documentary where a pastor had sixty wives but was still r.a.p.i.n.g his nephews. One was five years old when it started.

Mehn, pastors suck!
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 30, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I think the pastor is pretty silly for saying that. How can gays be the cause of a hurricane ? Speaking when God hasn't said anything.

lol....hopefully you are not one of those christians that believe that gays would destroy the moral of the society----that would make you a hypocrite
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 30, 2012
inurmind: Just watched a documentary where a pastor had sixty wives but was still r.a.p.i.n.g his nephews. One was five years old when it started.

Mehn, pastors suck!

Aye, they suck hard
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 3:45am On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03: It was only a matter of time before some religious zealot declared with absolute certainty that Hurricane Sandy was God acting out his wrath for some combination of homosexuality, drugs, the Obama presidency, or masturbation.

Outspoken anti-gay preacher John McTernan decided to fill that role, taking to his blog on Sunday to link the incoming hurricane to homosexuals run rampant, and the two presidential candidates and their “pro-homosexual” agendas.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/anti-gay-preacher-blames-hurricane-sandy-on-homosexuality-and-same-sex-marriage/
Yup he's right...lol
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
Yup he's right...lol

sad

You are not serious
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by pastormustwacc: 3:58am On Oct 30, 2012
All them pastors, hmn. May God helepu us o.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 4:23am On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03: sad

You are not serious
Homosexuality is a sin....and according to Romans 6:23, the wages of sin is death.

So if sin = death

And homosexuality = sin

We can therefore conclude that homosexuality = death.

So like I stated earlier, the pastor is right.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
Homosexuality is a sin....and according to Romans 6:23, the wages of sin is death.

So if sin = death

And homosexuality = sin

People like you are dangerous to society with your kind of backwards thinking.

As if you dont sin yourself.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Delafruita(m): 9:39am On Oct 30, 2012
plaetton:

ROTFLMAO.its quite unfortunate that this certified nutcase is one of the richest christians alive.even worse,he ran for president
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03: People like you are dangerous to society with your kind of backwards thinking.

As if you dont sin yourself.
Lol...what has that got to do with me.

The pastor made a comment, all I did was to prove him right.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:

Pastor made a foolish comment and like sheep, you agreed with him.

At least, there are christians that rebuke this kind of foolishness.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 11:24am On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03: Pastor made a foolish comment and like sheep, you agreed with him.

At least, there are christians that rebuke this kind of foolishness.
It might sound foolish to you, but to some, it has some meaning.

One man's meat is another's poison..you're entitled to your opinions, and I mine.

That mine differs from yours doesn't mean I'm much better than you, and vice versa...one day you'll come to know the truth and finally have cause to agree with me on certain issues.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
It might sound foolish to you, but to some, it has some meaning.

One man's meat is another's poison..you're entitled to your opinions, and I mine.

That mine differs from yours doesn't mean I'm much better than you, and vice versa...one day you'll come to know the truth and finally have cause to agree with me on certain issues.

You are entitled to your opinions and not your own facts.

The pastor made an untruthful statement. What have gays got to do with hurricanes?

Like a brainwashed christian, you can not distinguish between fact and opinion.

Keep spreading hate/ignorance for Jesus
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:

Sir, is homosexuality a 'greater' sin? Aren't all sins equal?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:

So if sin = death

And homosexuality = sin

Going to church on sunday is also a sin, according to the ten commandments .
Heterosexual sex between unmarried people is also a sin.
Pastors Lying to people in order to get their money is also a sin, a great evil. Judging and condemning other people is also a sin.

Now the question is: are there heirarchies of sin? Is one sin greater than another?
Another question; If god created you left-handed, would using your left hand be considered a sin in the eyes of god?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
plaetton:

Going to church on sunday is also a sin, according to the ten commandments .
Heterosexual sex between unmarried people is also a sin.
Pastors Lying to people in order to get their money is also a sin, a great evil. Judging and condemning other people is also a sin.

Now the question is: are there heirarchies of sin? Is one sin greater than another?
Another question; If god created you left-handed, would using your left hand be considered a sin in the eyes of god?

As a betting man, £50 says that Crazyman will sidestep or run away from these logical questions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Problem With The Black Man / Speaking In Tongues:xenoglossia Vs Glossolalia / The Power Of Your Yesterday - A Sermon By Dr. D. K. Olukoya.. Download Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.