Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays (2874 Views)

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Official Translation Of The Interview With Pope Francis On Gays / Are Hurricanes Signs Of End Times? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
musKeeto:
You dolts... if he's still using 'natural events' to punish sinners, then of what use was Jesus' 'sacrifice'? How then is he different from the monster in the OT?

I wonder O.
It's very hard to figure who is more schizophrenic and bi-polar, Yahweh or his appologisst.
lol
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
Silly deluded pastor
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
musKeeto:
You dolts... if he's still using 'natural events' to punish sinners, then of what use was Jesus' 'sacrifice'? How then is he different from the monster in the OT?

Thats irrelevant to the subject.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
plaetton: Where in the bible does it say that a thief should pay back seven times?
 Proverbs 6:30-31. People do not despise a thief if he steals
to satisfy his hunger when he is starving.

31 Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold,
though it costs him all the wealth of his house.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
Its obvious that you type without taking time to reason properly if what you're about to say makes any sense.

Matthew 27:51.  At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split NIV

When Jesus died, the laws of moses was abolished...read your bible properly stop posting like an ignorant fellow.

Hebrews 9:14-15. How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Stop disappointing me...read and understand something properly before coming publicly to state where you stand. Believe me, it would save you a lot a humiliation.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life...the laws of moses are no longer valid...christ death and resurrection has brought us closer to God.

How about the passage I posted previously...where we're being told to flee from fornication.  1 Corinthians 6:18.

Are you reading my post at all, or are you just hitting the reply button simply because you want to keep up this argument?

I don't need to waste my time on you any longer...its obvious you lack understanding of the scriptures. You just post passages that agree with your argument.

You're an atheist, so even if I type here till eternity, you'll never be convinced...so what's the point.

I am only quoting, verbatim, what is written in your bible. Do I need holy ghost understanding to grasp the simple words?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12:

Lmao... says who?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12:

Is this Anony in troll mode?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
 Proverbs 6:30-31. People do not despise a thief if he steals
to satisfy his hunger when he is starving.

31 Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold,
though it costs him all the wealth of his house.

First of all, was this a law or just a proverb, an idiomatic expression?

But wait!
Isn't proverbs part of the old testament supposedly written, long before Jesus, by Solomon, an old testament king who lived and ruled according to old testament law? The same old testament law that you have said are null and void by virtue of Jesus?

How many times have you contradicted yourself today?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
plaetton:

First of all, was this a law or just a proverb, an idiomatic expression?

But wait!
Isn't proverbs part of the old testament supposedly written, long before Jesus, by Solomon, an old testament king who lived and ruled according to old testament law? The same old testament law that you have said are null and void by virtue of Jesus?

How many times have you contradicted yourself today?
if these guys could erase history, they'd make the Refurbished testaments...
The New Testament depends on the Old Testamment. Without Adam, there would be no Jesus.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by wiegraf: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hmm, so it goes...
"Gays cause natural disasters."
"Ok, Prove it"
"No, you disprove it"

Does this help you grasp how burden of proof works now?

Must....stay....calm...
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
I'm not supporting neither am i condemning the pastor for his statement. All i'm saying is that you're all as ignorant as the pastor if you can't refute his claims with reasonable spiritual or scientific facts. smiley smiley
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
musKeeto:
if these guys could erase history, they'd make the Refurbished testaments...
The New Testament depends on the Old Testamment. Without Adam, there would be no Jesus.

Yeah. It makes me remember this old saying, "What A Tangled Webb We Weave When We Practice to Deceive"
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12: I'm not supporting neither am i condemning the pastor for his statement. All i'm saying is that you're all as ignorant as the pastor if you can't refute his claims with reasonable spiritual or scientific facts. smiley smiley

Did I hear you say Spiritual Facts? shocked
OMG! Everyday, a new record is broken in this ridiculous, no, religilous, I mean religious section.

This one is a record breaker, at least so far this week.

Naaaaaa waaaaaaa.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12: I'm not supporting neither am i condemning the pastor for his statement. All i'm saying is that you're all as ignorant as the pastor if you can't refute his claims with reasonable spiritual or scientific facts. smiley smiley

Spiritual
musKeeto:

Scientific facts:
Human sexual activities cannot cause hurricanes..

Troll fact:
Id rate you 45 percent.. you have up too easily..
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
LMAO

plaetton:

Did I hear you say Spiritual Facts? shocked
OMG! Everyday, a new record is broken in this ridiculous, no, religilous, I mean religious section.

This one is a record breaker, at least so far this week.

Naaaaaa waaaaaaa.

Spiritual facts are only acknowledged by persons who are spiritually conscious not otherwise.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by wiegraf: 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2012

Wtf

We're ignorant about spirits and such of course, because they don't exist. If the pastor claims these spirits are responsible for hurricanes, the onus is now on him to prove that and show these spirits in action, no? If you are ignorant about how tornadoes or whatever work use google ffs and find the scientific, objectably verifiable theories on the subject. Don't just make $hit up then expect the rest of us take you seriously, let alone disprove something you have not even proven. Take a step back and think about just how stoopid you sound at the moment.

With this subject matter real life people are being persecuted because of your story books. Wtf is wrong with you ppl?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12: LMAO

Spiritual facts are only acknowledged by persons who are spiritually conscious not otherwise.

If your so-called spiritual facts are only acknowledged by your so-called people who are spiritually conscious(whatever that means), then how do such things become a fact since they are not universally acknowledged?
How does something that is not universally acknowledged or validated become a fact?

Being spiritually conscious can also, and very often, mean being high on strong narcotics. Not so?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
LMAO grin grin
wiegraf:

Wtf

We're ignorant about spirits and such of course, because they don't exist. If the pastor claims these spirits are responsible for hurricanes, the onus is now on him to prove that and show these spirits in action, no? If you are ignorant about how tornadoes or whatever work use google ffs and find the scientific, objectably verifiable theories on the subject. Don't just make $hit up then expect the rest of us take you seriously, let alone disprove something you have not even proven. Take a step back and think about just how stoopid you sound at the moment.

With this subject matter real life people are being persecuted because of your story books. Wtf is wrong with you ppl?

You can't claim that spirits don't exist because you cant prove their in-existence. Like I said, the pastor was speaking from a spiritual perspective, therefore, only spiritually conscious people can relate to his claims. He owes no one, specifically atheist, agnostics etc. no proof of his claims because from a spiritual perspective y'all blind and fooolish. grin grin
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by wiegraf: 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12: LMAO grin grin

You can't claim that spirits don't exist because you cant prove their in-existence. Like I said, the pastor was speaking from a spiritual perspective, therefore, only spiritually conscious people can relate to his claims. He owes no one, specifically atheist, agnostics etc. no proof of his claims because from a spiritual perspective y'all blind and fooolish. grin grin

I thought there were limits to stoopid, but it seems to be a genuine abyss, it never ceases to astonish me. You are basically saying we should accept your word because you say so, and feeling good about it as a bonus. I'd compare your reasoning abilities to that of a chimp, but apparently they'd be offended.

I do hope you're trolling, I'll give you 5/10. Else, I beg you to at least not have any offspring, adoption is fine but don't spread your dna.

1 Like

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by onetrack(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12: LMAO grin grin

I believe that God and Satan are engaged in an endless session of homosexual sex with each other. Prove that they are not, and don't make fun of my beliefs just because you lack the spiritual awareness that I have to know this. If you doubt then you are just blind and foolish. See how far we can go with this?

4 Likes

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by finestboy2(m): 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
D pasto is rong. Natural distats can happen 2 any bodi weda christian or pegan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims / See A New Church In Tz,pastor Must Not Touch Ground Until End Of Service. / Dont Be Deceived! This Is What The Northerners Are Planning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.