Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,313 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? (12922 Views)

How A Nairalander Landed In D Hospital Due To Mosquito Bite..photos / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Can Mosquito Bite Give You Hiv (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Bombuzby(m): 7:39am On Oct 31, 2012
M M M: Op

What is Mosquito
its a vampire dat d0nates bl0od t0 human beingx...just made dem ur frndx 0k
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Bombuzby(m): 7:44am On Oct 31, 2012
yuzedo: Op: Sharrapppp!!! You dey mad! Moskinto no dey bight you but you dey clame. angry

Moskinto bight only us ajebo chidrens because we eat fanta, egg, eyescream, goody-goody, etc. So awa blood she is fresh and helty. And awa skin she is fine and smooth like fried rice and shampain.cool wink smiley

But u dis jungle boys and girls eat fufu, amala, cabin, bananan and granot so muskinto don't bighted una cos you razz like awilo! angry
wat language is dis..swahili 0r japanese?
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2012
Hayjaycity:

You are right, I can confirm that, and that is why pple with AA genotype are mostly victims of malaria attack
. . . . Oh oh oh! This should be true o. Cos d only illness i do av for like 2-3 days in a year some years back is always malaria & i av an AA genotype. Yea, i can now complete d puzzle. Abajor!! Addendum : MOSQUITOES KILL, KILL MOSQUITOES
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by Omofranca(f): 10:21am On Oct 31, 2012
Mosquitoes do exhibit blood-sucking preferences, say the experts. "One in 10 people are highly attractive to mosquitoes," reports Jerry Butler, PhD, professor emeritus at the University of Florida.
"People with high concentrations of steroids or cholesterol on their skin surface attract mosquitoes," Butler tells WebMD.
Mosquitoes also target people who produce excess amounts of certain acids, such as uric acid, explains entomologist John Edman, PhD, spokesman for the Entomological Society of America. These substances can trigger mosquitoes' sense of smell, luring them to land on unsuspecting victims.
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by magmegas: 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
A Meal that contains Garlic is sure to make Mosquitoes avoid you for the Night, try it, its a home fact.
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by ignis: 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2012
iyatrustee: do you eat bananas often? cos research has found out dat mosquitos are attracted to those who have eaten bananas recently
I beg to disagree
Re: Why Do Mosquito Bite Some And Leave Others? by searay(m): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2012
miss-sweety86:
I have no clue why I get biten by mosquitoes more than any other person with me, but they all appreciate the fact that they don't get many bites in my presence. My boyfriend used to say that he doesn't get biten by mosquitoes because he's black so they can't see him, whereas I'm white and so mosquitoes can see me ;-)! Apparently not so true lol
you are white? Who told you?

Echendu Foundation Shares Food, Cash Donations, Relief Materials In West Africa / NMA Promises To Stop Strike As Bargaining Tool / COVID-19 Testing: Clarifications On Corruption Allegations By Prof. Akin Abayomi