Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,020 members, 7,841,870 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? (10850 Views)

Everton Vs Manchester United FA Cup (1 - 2) On 23rd April 2016 / Shrewsbury Town Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (0 - 3) oN 22nd Feb 2016 / Transfer News Center (all Clubs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
Who Cares If a Team is Favoured? Lets 4get about this MAN U issh and MOVE ON!! As u can see My signature, I am a BORN TO DIE CHELSEA FAN and I c noting Wrong in Sunday's game... I am Sure, MAN U dont pay refferees, its Just Life... Thats How Life Is!!! WAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND... U saw It last Season.. MAN U VS EVERTON!! and Man City VS QPR!!!
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2012
naijalodge:
Mr fool,its obvious u just started watching football,can u count[b] hw many offside chelsea has scored against utd,drogba alone is 3,[/b]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin OH MY GAWD!!!! You must be Fvcking Kidding Me.. In Drogba's Career, he Only scored 3 Goals against MAN U.. 1st goal in the League Cup, 2nd goal in the Premier League and The Last 1 in The CHAMPIONS LEAGUE... Guy, U fit Form LIe ooo.. grin grin grin grin grin grin Wat is the Essense of Google if You dont knw Something... NL pikins will neva seize to amaze me!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
Bimfo:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin OH MY GAWD!!!! You must be Fvcking Kidding Me.. In Drogba's Career, he Only scored 3 Goals against MAN U.. 1st goal in the League Cup, 2nd goal in the Premier League and The Last 1 in The CHAMPIONS LEAGUE... Guy, U fit Form LIe ooo.. grin grin grin grin grin grin Wat is the Essense of Google if You dont knw Something... NL pikins will neva seize to amaze me!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
league cup or fa cup final?
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by frankmoney(m): 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
ogugua88: Liverpool may have a good record but they have since disappeared. You can keep recalling old records the same way Arsenal fans do, but the goal is to win titles at the end of the season.

I don't think some clubs have an upper hand. I think it's coincidence, every single time.

#TeamMUFC all day err day lol.

I agree with dope though. Referring is hard. Players are faster now than they were 10-20 years ago. Officials can't catch everything.
thank yhu ma sista
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
jammyng: league cup or fa cup final?
Is sha 1 Cup?? Abi no be 3 Goals he Score 4 MAN U's HAND??
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by n0m0705(m): 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
@ op , stop mis informing people the same referee that officiated united V city last season 6-1 was the one that ref on sunday that is Mark Clattenburg.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by n0m0705(m): 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
@ op , stop mis informing people the same referee that officiated united V city last season 6-1 was the one that ref on sunday that is Mark Clattenburg. I don't remember anytime he was demoted to lower division.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by Digriz(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
All the top big clubs are favored by the ref chelsea,man u,man city and arsenal alike.
If u watched yesternite capital one cup u wld understand that Reading were robbed by the ref. So no club among this four wld say that they refs doesnt favor them.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by dinoescobar(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
Antivirus92: and you're not still counted among the bests in europe. Madrid,ac milan,liverpool,bayern,barca where is man utd?

Is chelsea der? Morons
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by anonymous419: 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
the guy that posted this shit is annoying o, "do some clubs rili have upper hand in the English fA", why didnt u just post "does manu have a upper hand in English FA", cuz its only manu you talked about, clearly u just hate d club, and how can sm1 compare liverpool to manu at this thier present state? Smh. Instead of u to argue abott d present state of NPL
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by Bozz: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
Am neither a ManU nor Chelsea fan but the following has been my observation over the years.
Pls I suggest fans of different opposing clubs should should go neutral mode to avoid prejudice.
1) ManU are more or less like an extension of the British national team at least the core of the team. This was done over the years by targeting young upcoming British athletes and paying a little more than their actual worth in football terms their by currying the sympathy and favour of the teeming public and the press.
Chelsea implemented this same strategy in the early days of Abramovich era and Peter Kenyon ( ManU Chief executive) was poached to execute it which helped to a larger extent the success recorded by
Mourinho.
2) Ferguson intimidates the referee's and to some extent the FA and these people do not get a fare share from the press and their career is also on the line. This enables ManU to get the call in all 50:50 decision.
As a referee, you need to be 200% sure b4 you call for penalty against ManU especially when they are losing while you are loathed if you fail to do so in favour even when it's a blatant dive.
This became a topic bc it was Chelsea, a title contender. It could have been shoved down the pipe as usual immediately after Gary Lineker's BBC1 Match of the Day if it were to be any of the other mid table teams.

A very good example of this was last season when it took almost the last kick of the game for Man City to win the league. This should not have been the case if the decision making were to be even as ManU gets nothing less than 15 points per season from dubious refereeing. Most of the last 5 leagues or so won was won with either btw 3 or 5 points diff to the next team, while all controversial 50:50 decisions week by week goes in their favour and these decision no matter how minor it could be determines if a team goes home with 0,1 or 3 points. When accumulated over time wins the league.

3) The FA/ British sports press attitude are more like the more you look the less you see. Take for example the recent Terry/Ferdinand vs Suarez/Evra racism case.
The FA were in a very difficult situation to justify the rationale behind how they arrived at the decision to ban Suarez for 8 games few weeks after the offence only to take a whole year to arrive at Terry's decision with minimal disruption to his career and the National team's Euro 2012 with only a 4 game ban now that he needs a rest.
This is an FA and press that likes portraying itself as the best and most impartial in the world and had to resort to excuses about a member of the public pressing charges or reporting the abuse to the Police etc.
While from my personal opinion i do not doubt their efforts at being impartial, there are a lot than meets the eye and remember they are humans as well and are not perfect either.
You may recall the media frenzy we all witnesses against Fifa and Sepp Blatter when England lost to Qatar on hosting the world cup.
Same is applicable in British politics, it takes btw 2wks and a month for the Press to kick out any Minister or politician that is found wanting no matter how the PM may sympathise with him but in football, in the context of the original post there is a lot more that needs to be done.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by n0m0705(m): 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
Super1759: stop posting rubbish here. That's a foul on torres and he was given a yellow card for that.that's a foul on his side. Then luis case is a clear case of "ball to hand" and not "hand to ball" are you wiser than people in the pitch that saw it. It happened in front of the refree.wetin deh do you sef
Do you even know what is meant by "ball to hand" and "hand to ball"?
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by jwon(m): 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2012
diz pipu sef dey vex person coz wat apund lately . na only man.u dey epl ni. una no go talk about una team
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by pastormmadu(m): 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
dopeJemi: U wan jes make me vex dis early mawnin nau

Chelsea vs liverpool(fa cup finaL) carol's goaL waz ruled out wen it waz clearly a goal

Chelsea vs wigan(epL) chelsea's 2 goaLs were clearly offside, n it almost sent wigan 2 d relegation zone

Chelsea vs tottenham(epL) mata's goal waz a big blunder

D list z endless

If u fink being a ref z easy y not try it n c

Nau u said shelvy didn't deserve d red card, r u even a fan of football cuz if u r, u'll knw dat wen u make a tackLe wiv both boots, its a straight red card

Chelsea vs man-u(3-3) nau we had 2 penalties dat waznt awarded 2 us b4 d oda 2 waz awarded, d 1st 1 waz a clear penalty cuz welbeck waz clearly fouled by ivanovic

Unless u av a proof n a video 2 show dat we bribe referees, don't make stupeed claims

♏v̶̲̥̅ brother, уσυ r right...I wonder y they always think we rob them.

Chelsea v tottenham (2011) Lampard was awarded a goal for a ball that ΐs 6cm b4 the touch line, yet they won't şέέ it as favour.
They are claim chicharito's goal was offside, hmmm what of Torres goal against Reading...that one ΐs smartness I guess brothers!!!
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:13am On Nov 01, 2012
dopeJemi: U wan jes make me vex dis early mawnin nau

Chelsea vs liverpool(fa cup finaL) carol's goaL waz ruled out wen it waz clearly a goal

Chelsea vs wigan(epL) chelsea's 2 goaLs were clearly offside, n it almost sent wigan 2 d relegation zone

Chelsea vs tottenham(epL) mata's goal waz a big blunder

D list z endless

If u fink being a ref z easy y not try it n c

Nau u said shelvy didn't deserve d red card, r u even a fan of football cuz if u r, u'll knw dat wen u make a tackLe wiv both boots, its a straight red card

Chelsea vs man-u(3-3) nau we had 2 penalties dat waznt awarded 2 us b4 d oda 2 waz awarded, d 1st 1 waz a clear penalty cuz welbeck waz clearly fouled by ivanovic

Unless u av a proof n a video 2 show dat we bribe referees, don't make stupeed claims

Did you notice that in your list, no blunders against Man Utd. I hardly see the kind of Blunders other teams get from referees go against Man Utd. Like the case Gomez dropped the ball for a free kick and the ref signals play on.

The diving spree of Ashley Young last season and the refs kept on awarding Penalties to Man Utd.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:17am On Nov 01, 2012
xtrafly: Until a chelsea fan can explain what happened there, you all should keep quiet and accept defeat like men grin grin

Please if you watch the replay, those incidents in motion don't look as bad as the stillshots. As for the Torres match of Cleverly it was dangerous play, not an attack on Cleverly. He went for the ball while Cleverly lobbed him.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by dopeJemi: 12:24am On Nov 01, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Please if you watch the replay, those incidents in motion don't look as bad as the stillshots. As for the Torres match of Cleverly it was dangerous play, not an attack on Cleverly. He went for the ball while Cleverly lobbed him.
Wtf r u saying

Who goes 4 a ball wiv dat style, hau waz he gonna win d ball by raising his boot directly at cleverly's chest

Mehnn! Cut d crap

Manchester united vs newcastle (1-1)
Go n watch dat match again n see wah happened

I'm out
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by 2kurupt(m): 12:41am On Nov 01, 2012
misreal: now dis is how an arguement shud be made.my brother u talk wella.it is nt easy to be a ref.dey r saying chelsea will defeat man u today all i can say is lets wait till 90min

YES they can beat man u! Hope your convinced now.

United might play with good fighting spirit against smaller teams but we all know they need referee 'errors', lines men 'oversight' & multiple bookings to win against big teams like Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham etc

It's only a matter of time before they are investigated for match fixing.

vive la Blues!
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by invectives(m): 12:44am On Nov 01, 2012
KINGwax: Me, i don't knw anythin, but i knw dt DAVID GILL, the CEO of MANURE is currently the vice-chairman of the shameful FA and even currently vying for the post of the CHAIRMAN. how's dt for influence even when u jes sit at the FA table at the stadium and kept mute while u officiate?
How is dt for a credible criterion for administrative settigs like FA where a CEO of one of the clubs is a DECIDAL FIGURE?
So if Gill is vice chairman and not chairman,which club does the Chairman Represent?naija we r really jobless.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 01, 2012
dopeJemi: Proves dat torres dived shocked

Torres waz kicked(slightLy) in d right Leg buh fell wiv both Legz off d ground

Torres had d opportunity 2 continue running, der waz a clear chance dat he cud av kept 2 his run

Wen torres waz kicked(slightly) repLay shows dat he didn't fall immediateLy he waz kicked, he fell 2 to 3seconds after he waz kicked

Wen he waz kicked, he didn't av d expression on his face dat he waz kicked, it waz wen he waz falLing dat he made d impression n wen d card waz shown 2 him, d pain quickLy vanished 4rm his leg cuz he seemed 2 be making a big deaL outta d case

Torres felL on purpose 2 punish evans so he cud be sent off 2 to ease d pressure buh God jes had 2 turn d table
wait,did u say tores was kicked?so if he was kicked then its a chelsea foul...oram i missing something
ur welbeck,evra,young and nani have done worse and they got the calls

1 Like

Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by dopeJemi: 12:55am On Nov 01, 2012
2kurupt:

United might play with good fighting spirit against smaller teams but we all know they need referee 'errors', lines men 'oversight' & multiple bookings to win against big teams like Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham etc

vive la Blues!

People like u r d reason people like me kill people

8-2, who favored us? U dnt nid me 2 call names
3-1 against chelsea, who favored us?
5-2,3-1,3-0 against tottenham, who favored us?
4-3,2-1,3-2 against mancity , who favored us?

U r lucky I'm using a fone, der r so many victory results I av 2 show u
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by 2kurupt(m): 1:08am On Nov 01, 2012
dopeJemi:

People like u r d reason people like me kill people

8-2, who favored us? U dnt nid me 2 call names
3-1 against chelsea, who favored us?
5-2,3-1,3-0 against tottenham, who favored us?
4-3,2-1,3-2 against mancity , who favored us?

U r lucky I'm using a fone, der r so many victory results I av 2 show u

Well people like you make me seem arguement in an online forum as a complete waste of time and bandwidth.

Heck I already lost count of how many penalties man u has been awarded this season alone.. enuf said

2 Likes

Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 01, 2012
I have made a solemn declaration to myself that I will never use foul language on this forum but the OP got on my nerves with his bias,chauvinistic,subjective,mundane,unrefined,sentimental and blind views infact this is an affront to the sensibilities of Man Utd f[s][/s]amily and fans. How on earth cld you come up with such provocative and unsubstantiated claims? When Chelsea defeated Tottenham in the FA Cup semis last season via a phoney goal that ddn't crossed the line no one talked, when Drogba scored against United from a clear offside position at Old Trafford in 2010 no one raised a brow,when United were given a given a red card at Stamford Bridge and David Luis continualy fouled wayne Rooney in the same match without being sent off nothing was said. Now that United has won at Stamford Bridge Chelsea fans and Man Utd haters are crying blue murder, in the previous encounter that ended 3-3 last season United had two clear penalties denied them before they were finally placated with the last two. Please face your problems and leave Man Utd alone , cos Manchester is in heaven ! @bigboy... Red devil can never be in heaven... You are a big fool.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by ceeceeco: 9:34am On Nov 01, 2012
U guys shuld leave man utd alone & stop being bias. Ur claims are invalid. I'm yet 2 know how u guys came about dis man utd buying a ref stuff. 4 God sake if buying a ref is easy then chelsea shuld buy one. I tot u guys claim 2 b a billionaires club? In futbol, w@ mataz most is d 3 points, it doesn't mata hw u get it. I can only tell u d@ man utd won chelsea on dis day; 28/10/12 & it has been recorded. So ur claims won't change anytin either.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:58am On Nov 01, 2012
dopeJemi:
Wtf r u saying

Who goes 4 a ball wiv dat style, hau waz he gonna win d ball by raising his boot directly at cleverly's chest

Mehnn! Cut d crap

Manchester united vs newcastle (1-1)
Go n watch dat match again n see wah happened

I'm out

Stop being biased with your analysis. I have the highlight on my system. If Cleverly wasn't fast, Torres would have gotten the ball. Still the play was dangerous. Never a red card offense. Remember Torres got booked for that incident.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:15am On Nov 01, 2012
n0m0705:
Do you even know what is meant by "ball to hand" and "hand to ball"?

It is self explanatory. If you don't know, let me enlighten you. Ball to Hand means you can't do anything to take your hands of the ball, the ball came to your hand.

Hand to ball means you moved your hand to the ball. Do you understand now? Stop using style to ask questions. If you don't know ask
. wink
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:16am On Nov 01, 2012
2kurupt:

vive la Blues!

Thank you, you can imagine this fake Red Card against Man City.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:20am On Nov 01, 2012
2kurupt:

Well people like you make me seem arguement in an online forum as a complete waste of time and bandwidth.

Heck I already lost count of how many penalties man u has been awarded this season alone.. enuf said

Last season, Ashley Young kept on diving and getting penalties till Alex Ferguson had to beg him, "stop, it is becoming embarrassing".
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by Matigo: 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
No doubt, referees make honest mistakes but when such mistakes become too many; and in favour of a particular club, it becomes questionable.

1 Like

Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by BodyKiss(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Thank you, you can imagine this fake Red Card against Man City.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You know nothing about football. That Kompany's challenge is a career ending challenge, if Nani had not jumped, the story would've been a different one. The challenge was reckless and was a red card offense.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
BodyKiss:

You know nothing about football. That Kompany's challenge is a career ending challenge, if Nani had not jumped, the story would've been a different one. The challenge was reckless and was a red card offense.

That is a lie. Kompany got the ball clearly. There was nothing dangerous. That is what is called a Tackle if Nani didn't jump.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Tottenham (3 - 2) On 10th February 2015 / West Brom V Arsenal (1 - 2) On 6th April 2013 / Liverpool Vs Norwich (3 - 1) On 19th February 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.