Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? (10845 Views)

Everton Vs Manchester United FA Cup (1 - 2) On 23rd April 2016 / Shrewsbury Town Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (0 - 3) oN 22nd Feb 2016 / Transfer News Center (all Clubs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by ace1(m): 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Super1759: stop posting rubbish here. That's a foul on torres and he was given a yellow card for that.that's a foul on his side. Then luis case is a clear case of "ball to hand" and not "hand to ball" are you wiser than people in the pitch that saw it. It happened in front of the refree.wetin deh do you sef

Guess you're wiser than the refree who was on the pitch and decided that Torres dived?
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by dopeJemi: 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

That is a lie. Kompany got the ball clearly. There was nothing dangerous. That is what is called a Tackle if Nani didn't jump.

So u knw better dan d commentators n d refs rite?

Mehnn! U not a footbalL fan atalL

Ur comment shows dat u r clearly biased

Say d truth 4 once niccur

Kompany. Made a deadly tackLe, if nani hadn't jumped, he wud av bin out 4 3months
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by senator2k9(m): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
Antivirus92: you're really winning with 14 players. 11 players plus refree and 2 linesmen. When you're supposed to show ur strength in europe, basel and athletic bilbao will chase like the cat chasing a rat.
wat about champions league in 2008? Abi dat one was in planet "jupiter" not Europe
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by senator2k9(m): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
Antivirus92: and you're not still counted among the bests in europe. Madrid,ac milan,liverpool,bayern,barca where is man utd?
Where is chelsea??
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by senator2k9(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
dopeJemi:

Say what? shocked

Wherez liverpooL 2day

C'mon nau

U urself knw

In spain its barca n real madrid
In itaLy its ac milan
In germany its munich
In engLand....

I'm sure u don't nid a soothsayer 2 tell u dat its manchester united, livepool haz faded away

Apart 4rm liverpool, which oda team haz succeeded in europe 4rm england

Man-u even tops d forbe's List
Oboy u too sabi Ball....one united

1 Like

Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
dopeJemi:

So u knw better dan d commentators n d refs rite?

Mehnn! U not a footbalL fan atalL

Ur comment shows dat u r clearly biased

Say d truth 4 once niccur

Kompany. Made a deadly tackLe, if nani hadn't jumped, he wud av bin out 4 3months

What do you people mean by know better. Looking at that clip, does that look like a Red Card Offense? Can't you judge with your eyes?

Hence you want Referees Opinion, read this article of Graham Poll ( Considered the best English referee of the last 25 years)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Poll

See What he wrote: The red card was harsh and unnecessary — refs are advised to avoid controversy and not to go looking for trouble. Chris Foy managed neither on Sunday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084004/Vincent-Kompany-sending-Graham-Poll-verdict.html

The next week, this tackle took place.

The Referee didn't even award a Free kick.

Tell me if Glen Johnson was a Man City player and Lescott was a Man Utd player and this tackle took place a red card won't be awarded. Tell me now that there is no favoritism handed out to Man Utd from Referees. cool
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by BodyKiss(m): 2:40am On Nov 02, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

What do you people mean by know better. Looking at that clip, does that look like a Red Card Offense? Can't you judge with your eyes?

Hence you want Referees Opinion, read this article of Graham Poll ( Considered the best English referee of the last 25 years)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Poll

See What he wrote: The red card was harsh and unnecessary — refs are advised to avoid controversy and not to go looking for trouble. Chris Foy managed neither on Sunday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084004/Vincent-Kompany-sending-Graham-Poll-verdict.html

The next week, this tackle took place.

The Referee didn't even award a Free kick.

Tell me if Glen Johnson was a Man City player and Lescott was a Man Utd player and this tackle took place a red card won't be awarded. Tell me now that there is no favoritism handed out to Man Utd from Referees. cool

You know nothing about football, please stop arguing.

1 Like

Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2012
BodyKiss:

You know nothing about football, please stop arguing.

Why not prove it. I have given you a lot of points and you still feel I know nothing about football. Anybody without a biased mind can see I really know a lot about football. Are you saying Graham Poll also knows nothing about football?
wink
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by purplekayc(m): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2012
ace1:

Guess you're wiser than the refree who was on the pitch and decided that Torres dived?

Honestly, I don't think it was a dive (am not a blues fan)

1 Like

Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by BodyKiss(m): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Why not prove it. I have given you a lot of points and you still feel I know nothing about football. Anybody without a biased mind can see I really know a lot about football. Are you saying Graham Poll also knows nothing about football?
wink

What's there to prove. If you had not been looking at these images with biased mind, you'll see that in the first image (Kompany vs Nani), Nani was coming with the ball before Kompany challenge him with both feet, yes he got the ball, so could've Nani's leg had he not jumped. The challenge was reckless and was endangered to Nani's life.

In your second image (am not sure I've seen that match, but it looks like Liverpool vs Man City), it looks obvious the ball was passed to the assumed Man City player, which was yet to get to him before the assumed Liverpool player slid and got the ball. The liverpool player got to the ball first before the Man City player. Look closely, you see that the Man City player placed his leg on the Liverpool player's body and fell to make it look like he got his leg, unlike Nani vs Kompany that Nani had to jump to safe his leg. If you know so much about football and without biased mind, you'll see that.
Re: Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
BodyKiss:

What's there to prove. If you had not been looking at these images with biased mind, you'll see that in the first image (Kompany vs Nani), Nani was coming with the ball before Kompany challenge him with both feet, yes he got the ball, so could've Nani's leg had he not jumped. The challenge was reckless and was endangered to Nani's life.

In your second image (am not sure I've seen that match, but it looks like Liverpool vs Man City), it looks obvious the ball was passed to the assumed Man City player, which was yet to get to him before the assumed Liverpool player slid and got the ball. The liverpool player got to the ball first before the Man City player. Look closely, you see that the Man City player placed his leg on the Liverpool player's body and fell to make it look like he got his leg, unlike Nani vs Kompany that Nani had to jump to safe his leg. If you know so much about football and without biased mind, you'll see that.

If you believe Glen Johnson's tackle isn't a red card offense(mind you not even a free-kick was given), then Kompany's own isn't. Kompany's own was a well timed tackle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Tottenham (3 - 2) On 10th February 2015 / Liverpool Vs Norwich (3 - 1) On 19th February 2022 / Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.