Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

22 Important Questions For Nollywood - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 22 Important Questions For Nollywood (9617 Views)

Nollywood At 20; What Advice Do You Have For Nollywood Film makers? / 18 Important Questions For Nollywood / Youtube Creates Specific Channel For Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by komek(m): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
ItsModella: Why is it that the soundtrack reveals the plot?
Why is it that the fathers have a life span of 60 years?
Why is it that all problems must be spiritual and the only solution is a pastor speaking balderdash?
Why do the movies have close to 6 parts? only for the story to be crappy.
Why must they all be marketed and distributed at 21 Idumota road Lagos, 49/51 Upper Iweka road Onitsha and 9 Pound Road Aba?
Why must we Grab Our Copy Now?

Why? Why? Why? My questions are endless...no be today I wan start.
The reason for the ' WHY ' is exactly what you just did. Doing exactly what another person has doing without trying to be creative. Follow follow, copy copy. Why did u nt start the thread?
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Koolking(m): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
valencia25: Can somebody help me to ask NOLLYWOOD to
please answer these important questions ?

1.How can a ghost look left n right before crossing
the road? ‘Dem dey fear accident?’

12.Epic Village Movie Set in the 90s still finds Mercy Johnson with Brazilian hair, how come?

14.Must all hired assassins be found in uncompleted or abandoned buildings? ‘Na dem papa house?’

16.Will a Yoruba movie ever be complete without a visit to the ‘Baba’?

18. “15 years ago” n Ini Edo calls her Boyfriend with a Bold 5.. How is this possible?

19.Why will d parents call their child 3 times nd ask him/her how many time did I call you? ‘Dem no sabi count?’

20.When poor people come to Lagos to struggle dey always make it, if na so why poor people still dey Lagos?

22. Why is translations in most Yoruba films are always in direct translation? e.g .."Ta lo fun e loyun yi"..."Who gave you this pregnant?"

^These got me ROFLMAO.
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Hajiadubs: 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
Keep this up, maybe they will start to improve. Hilarious though.
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by victme1(m): 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
mumumugu: Nigerians can neva apreciate their own. But find faults
we appreciate ours. but wn ur mama cook food wey no sweet, call mama and tell am say mum this soup no sweet. it is true, all liers will go to hell
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by chigozie250(m): 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
This is hillarious nollywood really need to improve thats why i dnt watch their movies nowadays i watch holywood movies.....nollywood really need to improve
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Ocutegan(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
And why must everyone always refer to the poster as OP when most of us don't even know the meanin of 'OP' abeg I wan know o cos this trend pass nollywood crap

1 Like

Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
komek:
The reason for the ' WHY ' is exactly what you just did. Doing exactly what another person has doing without trying to be creative. Follow follow, copy copy. Why did u nt start the thread?
Gosh, somebody should please tell me who this buffoon is. Make una see me see wahala o. The OP started a thread and I asked my own questions and this m0r0n dey yarn dust. Am I the only person who asked questions? but yet you decided to pick on me. Look fool, you better not quote me again if you have nothing sensible to say...rubbish.
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ocutegan: And why must everyone always refer to the poster as OP when most of us don't even know the meanin of 'OP' abeg I wan know o cos this trend pass nollywood crap
OP= Original Poster....get with the movement grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
. Mehn that's a big lie!!! Our movie reflect what happens in our society! We only act films where girls shake their asses, or native doctors (juju) or secret cults ,its true this movies expose bad ppl doings but it also reveals new tricks for them to use!! Example , I have never seen a native doctor b4 except in 9ja movies but I know and am kinda scared (most Christians too) of them!! A white man will enter his shrine and scatter but we africans can't deer try that becus we are afraid of the aftereffect, in short our MOVIES AFFECT OUR MENTALITY and CHANGES WHO WE ARE" am a proud nigerian but what is wrong is wrong!!!
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by otumfour(m): 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
valencia25: Can somebody help me to ask NOLLYWOOD to
please answer these important questions ?

22. Why is translations in most Yoruba films are always in direct translation? e.g .."Ta lo fun e loyun yi"..."Who gave you this pregnant?"

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Maximus85(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
30minutes adverts, 15minute movie end of disk A.
Disk B: 30minutes adverts, Cast(names) The End.

Why are they always facing the camera when leaving the set?
Why will a woman wake up on bed in the morning with night gown, fresh make up and jewelry?
When Jide Kosoko was shot at the back, he was trying to reach for the bullet hole, scratching his back.
Shot in the head, bandage on the shoulder.
Best Nigerian Movie ever is AIYEKOOTO. Everything was just perfect. Rating: 98.
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by deepwaters(f): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
grin grin. No 18- 15 years ago she's calling her boyfriend with a bold 5 probably 'cos its a futuristic film!

And when a poor man suddenly gets a job, immediately he owns a well furnished mega mansion and big cars Ah ah, so fast??
And why is it that when a rich man loses his job, suddenly everything disappears, even his clothes and he begins to wear rags Na so money dey take finish and clothes dey disappear??
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Fhemmmy: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
Maximus85: 30minutes adverts, 15minute movie end of disk A.
Disk B: 30minutes adverts, Cast(names) The End.

Why are they always facing the camera when leaving the set?
Why will a woman wake up on bed in the morning with night gown, fresh make up and jewelry?
When Jide Kosoko was shot at the back, he was trying to reach for the bullet hole, scratching his back.
Shot in the head, bandage on the shoulder.
Best Nigerian Movie ever is AIYEKOOTO. Everything was just perfect. Rating: 98.

Lol and added to this is "Why do ladies in the movies in the house always wearing all the high heals and yet not going anywhere" person wey no comot for house but fully dressed like going into a meeting

1 Like

Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Fhemmmy: I used wonder about the same thing. Women wearing makeup in the house 24/7. I thought it was a tad unrealistic.
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Temi231(f): 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
ROFLMAO grin
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Kokopos(m): 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
Answer to qusetion (3) is sign of ILLUMINATI
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by tulk2mi: 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
as efry bori dey ask make i join una ask some.
why e be say any girl wey vomit don get belle?
why e b say wen pple dey in loff either na 4 beach dem go xpress am by runing around or 4 garden?
why e b say there tori no dey short, efry bori "its a long story"?
na 4 winch country big man daughter dey fall in loff wit mad man ? u don c mad man wey get gf? loff no blind reach dat level
why e b say d movie title dey resemble nollywood film their own? abi na d 9ja version? Alagbon Prison Break
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Cleverley(m): 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
WHY SHOULD THEY ALWAYS CRY. .. . .
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by try69: 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
Too much mediocrd movies, so i stoped watching any be it good or ba ;Dd..
Plus ladies addicted to watching naija movies turn me off #yougottabelievhat
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by chykeo1(m): 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
It is good we can easily point out the faults; in the same strength we shd contribute to building the industry. Hollywood was not built yesterday!!!

A simple first step we can take: Stop purchasing pirated movies! We are directly and indirectly inovloved in the quality of our films (either as a consumer or producer).

Na we all be government. Period!
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by BabaSimple: 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
;Dwhy is it that shegu arinze don't always alone without a girl friend?[b]why is it that shegu arinze don't always alone without a girl friend?[/b]why is it that shegu arinze don't always alone without a girl friend?

Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by liyalla(m): 12:05am On Oct 31, 2012
I think Noolywood should keep an opinion box on evry street in Nigeria for just 24hours and they will not bring on our precious TV again dat rubish they call movies.
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 31, 2012

NIGERIANS CAN NEVER TAKE CORRECTION BUT ALWAYS GO ON THE DEFENSIVE
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by digitalnaira: 1:57am On Oct 31, 2012
Just a reflection of our Nigerian society in General!!!!!!!!
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by chinosxl(m): 3:54am On Oct 31, 2012
I have to put the blame on the directors/producers. i saw a movie (will post the name when i remember) where Mercy Johnson called chevy avalanche a toyota tundra, not just once but 3 freaking times and no one caught it. I wonder why every parent in Nollywood movies call their child "my son" or "my daughter" over and over all through the movie. Also, Tv and furniture placement are out of place where u have to turn ur head 180 to 270degrees to get a glimpse of the tv. I see a lot of improvements though compared to 6-10yrs ago.
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 31, 2012
As for the Nigerian films having so many parts, it's pretty disgusting. They'll produce part 1 to 3 of a movie and then produce continuation of the movie another part 1 to 3 with another title. It's all because the producer wants to make more money. This is the reason why each part will be only 25mins each. That's why I don't watch Nollywood movies again. As for the yoruba movies, I stopped watching them long before I stopped watching the english ones. I hate the fact that they solve all their problems with 'juju' to the extent that I watched one that a pastor gave a girl red, yellow, blue, and all sorts of colours of candles to put around her house. Tell me is that christianity or jazz. It's all very annoying
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by juman(m): 7:03am On Oct 31, 2012
10.When will Pastor Ajidara stop being a fake pastor?

I like this.

Anytime I see pstor Ajidara in a movie I always know that the film is high grade.

Pastor Ajidara you need to fear God oooo. grin grin
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Khayil(m): 8:05am On Oct 31, 2012
1. They shoot a video '"that depicts b4 d white men came'' at night in the forest dats supposed to be dark bt is as clear as daytime.
2. I watched 1 movie that d reverend sisters where and they ran for almost 15mins(slow motion).
3. Why must ramsey always beat his wife.
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by Bellfun(m): 8:42am On Oct 31, 2012

Nope!...u got it wrong bro...aint u tired of having d same thing..with little or no improvement at all?...a situation where a 6yr old can tell u(with certainty) how a movie(he didn't see)will end is quite pathetic!..let Nollywood script writers up their game joor!
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by babatunde91: 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
lol!..u 4got 2 ask "how come desmond elliot gets shot and there is no blood grin"
Re: 22 Important Questions For Nollywood by lanrizil: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2012

It is called constructive criticism!....u ® indeed a mumu like your name suggests

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Old Nollywood Movies / Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? / Nigerian Actors Or Actresses You Would Want To Act With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.