Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? (3766 Views)

Is It Good For A Good Christian To Eat Sallah Meat / Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? / Can Christians Eat Sallah Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by dandadee: 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
The just concluded sallah brought about tantalizing sallah meat to our house as our driver is a muslim.
Everyone gladly ate the meat except me.I never gave them a reason.
I know as Christians we are told 'not to eat meat sacrificed to idols'.The apostle Paul even mentioned this in the new testament.
NLanders does this teaching suffice here?
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nurry: 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
Thank God you didn't eat the meat. You made others in your house have larger portions to eat. Kindly do this often
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by killuminati(m): 11:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
You dey eat dog meat, pork meat, rat meat, frog and lizards, na sallah meat u nor fit eat? Bros go siddon jooor undecided
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by amosy007: 1:42am On Oct 31, 2012
Salah meat is a sacrificial meat .. It has been sacrifised to god of boko haram, alqaeda, alshabab, tuareg, prophet usama bin latrin, prophet mohumad (piss be unto him) etc Their spirits lives in those meats.. If u eat it u might become a potential terrorist too grin cheesy thank neptune u didnt eat that bloody meet grin Just make sure u watch the peeps in ur family that ate those meat 4 certain changes.. And dnt 4get to report any suspicious activities to the police or sss grin
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by asudan: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2012
Nurry: Thank God you didn't eat the meat. You made others in your house have larger portions to eat. Kindly do this often
thank which God. study your bible very well.
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by Kx: 10:19am On Oct 31, 2012
Which question person nor go c for NL?
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nurry: 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
asudan:
thank which God. study your bible very well.
Biko, free me ooo. I am not a Christian
. He asked a question and I gave an answer, why can't u also quote the bible to support his claims? Olodo. U don't know and u want to attack.
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by firebrand: 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
^^^
'Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.' 1 Cor.10:21
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by tpia5: 4:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
if your conscience doesnt permit you to eat it, then dont.

its rather foolhardy to assume every single offering is kosher. You dont know what people (individuals) have in mind, and its not everybody who likes you.

some will, some will not.

but if your faith is strong, pray over the food and eat it if you feel you should do so.
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by Techwriter: 5:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
The Bible is clear about this
1. Even if it is sacrificed to the Queen of the coast, if you have the type of understanding Paul had, that an idol is nothing, you can eat it.
"So, what about eating meat that has been offered to idols? Well, we all know that an idol is not really a god and that there is only one God." 1 Corinthians 8:4
2. If your conscience will feel guilty when you take it dont
"But not everyone knows this. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat such food they think of it as having been sacrificed to an idol, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled." 1 Cor 8:7
3. Dont condemn anyone that eats. some believers dont eat crayfish, its the way their understanding is. I eat everything except if it has negative health implications
"But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do." 1 Cor 8:8
4. But if I am the one that preached to you and you got saved, I will be careful how I practice my freedom, because you may not understand the world I'm operating in
"Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols?So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge.When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall." 1 Cor 8:9-12
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
amosy007: Salah meat is a sacrificial meat .. It has been sacrifised to god of boko haram, alqaeda, alshabab, [size=32pt]tuareg[/size], prophet usama bin latrin, prophet mohumad (piss be unto him) etc Their spirits lives in those meats.. If u eat it u might become a potential terrorist too grin cheesy thank neptune u didnt eat that bloody meet grin Just make sure u watch the peeps in ur family that ate those meat 4 certain changes.. And dnt 4get to report any suspicious activities to the police or sss grin

please dont insult the Touareg. they are good peoples, religiously lax and tribespeople of Africa. they even follow remnants of Ancient Touareg NAture spirit religion, etc.

stop bringing ethnic groups into this.
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by amosy007: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

please dont insult the Touareg. they are good peoples, religiously lax and tribespeople of Africa. they even follow remnants of Ancient Touareg NAture spirit religion, etc.

stop bringing ethnic groups into this.
lol.. I thot they were pislam terrorist organisation too.. grin
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by Horus(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
When you christians are sitting around the table on Christmas day feasting on the flesh of swine or holiday ham,

Remember: Yashua (Jesus), ate fish, he did not eat pork!!!

You Christians know it says right in your Bible not to eat of the animals with the clovefoot (Deut. 14:7)

and even during Yashuas (Jesus) time he cast demons into swine (Matthew 8:29-32).

No where will you find mention of Yashua eating pork.

The pig and its variants are grafted creatures from three animals (dog, cat, and rat), by fusing the nucleus of these cells, created to clean up the cadavers that were claimed by the curse of leprosy during the time of Abraham.
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
amosy007:
lol.. I thot they were pislam terrorist organisation too.. grin

NO. Kel Tamajaq are friends to us especially to us Northerners. they visit our regions for trade. it is difficult to find Touareg islamic terrorists. the ones that are in the millitia are arab-terrorists in Azawad.

and Touareg music is one of the coolest and bestest musics in the world.
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by amosy007: 9:55pm On Oct 31, 2012
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by CrazyMan(m): 7:27am On Nov 01, 2012
@topic.

Nope...they're not permitted to eat of it.
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by Realists(m): 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
That Jesus was not born on 25th December but its a day for ancient sun worship thats why we have sunday worship not jesusday worship.
Kindly google sun worship vs Christ worship and you will never be the same again.

Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by Realists(m): 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
Abraham was about to sacrifice his son to God as act of piety .then God replaced it for him with a Ram, thats why Muslims slaughter Ram as an act of piety to God just copying Abraham.

Christians believed jesus sacrifice himself to God for their sins. The question is which God will you worship the one that takes human sacrifice or Ram sacrifice ?

The ritualist killing innocent people for money will always claim Christianity as their religion, because God eat jesus so no harm in copying him. Thats why Igbo people still make human sacrifice day and night, but yoruba Christians are second in mining of human skulls but with statistics yahoo boys are topping these days.
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
dandadee:
The just concluded sallah brought about tantalizing sallah meat to our house as our driver is a muslim.
Everyone gladly ate the meat except me.I never gave them a reason.
I know as Christians we are told 'not to eat meat sacrificed to idols'.The apostle Paul even mentioned this in the new testament.
NLanders does this teaching suffice here?
If you're sure your driver is worshipping idol then don't eat it but the question is how many meats are dedicated to idols without our knowledge. There are many things belonging to idol worshippers that we use unknown to us so there's no harm eating it provided you bless it and eat. If you can pray on the food you cooked without the knowledge of the source, I see no reason not to eat meats dedicated
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by orisa37: 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
Yes.
Re: Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? by Ndipe(m): 5:39am On Aug 03, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Season's Greetings 2 ALL / 24 Secrets Of Divine Healing / Some Difficulties Of The Christian Missions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.